The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Local Activities and Tours
There is so much to discover in this part of the world. Make the most of your visit: email the concierge team (email@example.com) at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa with any questions about these options.
Cover wild desert terrain in one of these powerful recreational vehicles. Your guide will take you out to the high desert to see stunning scenery and learn about Arizona and its native people’s history, as well as the geography, plant life, and other interesting tidbits to take home. Tours generally last 4-5 hours, and pick-up from the main lobby is available.
- Hummers: $125-145/person (night tour prices vary)
- Jeeps: $77/person
- ATVs: Contact our concierge team for current pricing
Tour all over Arizona and into Mexico (passport required) in comfortable, customized vans. Your driver-guide will regale you with fascinating historical and geographic anecdotes to make the trip more memorable.
- Half-day tours cover the city of Phoenix and Valley of the Sun highlights and average $38/person
- Evening tours to arts events and dinner average $49/person
- Full-day tours take you to one or more of these beautiful sites: Sedona, Jerome, the Grand Canyon, Tucson, Nogales or Los Algodones (both in Mexico), Tombstone, Kartchner Caverns, the Apache Trail, or the Verde Canyon (includes a train ride!). All-day tours are $65-229/person, depending on the itinerary.
Nearby ranches offer guided trail rides—at a gentle pace, since the rough desert terrain is not conducive to all-out galloping!
- Hours vary according to each ranch’s schedule, with one-to-two-hour rides most common. Half- and full-day rides are available when booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- Cost varies from ranch to ranch, some hourly, some per ride, averaging $35-85/person (not including meals).
Hot Air Ballooning
Float over the Sonoran Desert in a hot air balloon for limitless panoramas, then finish up with the traditional champagne toast. Sunrise flights are year-round, while sunset flights are available November through March. Transportation is provided to the balloon launch site, and departure-to-return time is about 3-3.5 hours, with about one hour spent in the air. Cost averages $190/person.
If you’re driving to the Grand Canyon on your own or with an Open Road custom van tour, you can add in a helicopter ride to view the majesty of the canyon from up high. Contact Papillon Helicopters at (800) 528-2418.