The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto is proud to be one of the best environmentally friendly Toronto conference hotels. We are the only hotel in downtown Toronto whose lobby is powered by bullfrogpowerTM with 100% green electricity. What’s more, our Chartroom Bar and Lounge is also powered by green energy, making it a completely eco-friendly spot to relax with a drink.
The hotel is a non-smoking environment. Each guest room features motion-sensor temperature controls to help conserve energy, as well as recycling bins and energy efficient lighting. Those guests who have arrived on business will discover recycling bins and energy efficient lighting in our meeting spaces as well.
Energy & Water Conservation:
- High-efficiency lighting in guest rooms
- High-efficiency lighting in public areas
- Water conserving fixtures
- Smart irrigation practices
- Natural light in rooms and public areas reduces electricity usage
- Regular preventive maintenance
- Make A Green Choice program rewards guests for choosing to conserve natural resources in their guest room.
Waste Minimization & Environmentally Responsible Purchasing:
- Dumpster monitoring
- Clutter-free meetings and meeting impact reports available
- Organic waste composting
- Elimination of Styrofoam packaging
- Environmentally preferred products
- Amenity management
- Alternatives to plastic bottled water
- Sustainable food and beverage options
- Unused foods are collected and donated to local food bank and other charitable organizations
- Responsible food planning and purchasing practices to reduce waste and spoilage
Enhanced Indoor Environmental Quality:
- Green Housekeeping
- Integrated pest management practices
- Low-emitting materials, such as paints, flooring and furniture
- Property-level Green Council
- Sustainable Meetings Practices
Global Business Travel Association (GBTA)
Project ICARUS Supplier Gold Medal
Si prega di notare che alcune delle iniziative ecosostenibili sopra menzionate potrebbero essere in fase di sviluppo e potrebbero non essere disponibili in alcune zone della struttura.