The Westin New York Grand Central shares our guests' concerns about the environment, and we aim to reduce our impact on the planet in every way possible.
We're implementing better environmental practices including energy and water conservation, waste minimization, and responsible purchasing to help our guests, employees, and planet stay healthy and feel well cared for.
Each of our guest rooms maintain the highest standards of environmental responsibility with the brand’s signature eco-friendly materials such as energy-conserving LED and CFL lights, water conserving low-flow plumbing and recyclable carpet pads, low VOC finishes for case goods, and GreenGuard certified solar shades.
Energy & Water Conservation:
- High-efficiency lighting in guest rooms
- High-efficiency lighting in public areas
- Occupancy sensors
- Water conserving fixtures
- Regular preventive maintenance
Waste Minimization & Environmentally Responsible Purchasing:
- Dumpster monitoring
- Organic waste composting
- Elimination of styrofoam packaging
- Environmentally preferred suppliers
- Environmentally preferred products
- Amenity management
- Alternatives to plastic bottled water
- Sustainable food and beverage options
Enhanced Indoor Environmental Quality:
- Green Housekeeping
- Integrated pest management practices
- Low-emitting materials, such as paints, flooring and furniture
- Property-level Green Council
- Sustainable Meetings Practices