Starwood Preferred Guest
Starpoint Redemption Categories
Starwood Preferred Guest®, Starwood’s frequent stay program, allows members to earn and redeem Starpoints® at award-winning hotels and resorts worldwide. Starwood Preferred Guests enjoy the best hotels, faster accumulation, and better redemption.
Our hotels and resorts are divided into seven Starpoint redemption categories:
Mid-priced, full-service hotels and resorts.
- Free weekend night = 2,000 Starpoints
- Free weeknight = 3,000 Starpoints
Full-service hotels and resorts in exciting destinations throughout the world.
- Free weekend night = 3,000 Starpoints
- Free weeknight = 4,000 Starpoints
Full-service hotels and resorts in premium destinations and major cities worldwide.
- Free night = 7,000 Starpoints
Superior hotels and resorts in choice locations.
- Free night = 10,000 Starpoints
An elite assembly of hotels and resorts in the most exclusive destinations.
- Free night = 12,000 – 16,000 Starpoints (depending on season)
The world's most exclusive hotels and resorts.
- Free night = 20,000 – 25,000 Starpoints (depending on season)
Starwood’s uber hotels and resorts offering awe-inspiring surroundings in some of the world’s most spectacular destinations.
- Free night = 30,000 – 35,000 Starpoints (depending on season)
For a complete list of hotels available in each category and information on redeeming Starpoints, visit SPG.com >
* Free Night Awards at the following locations require higher Starpoint redemption amounts either because the hotel does not have standard rooms or the standard rooms it offers have a mandatory Full Board requirement in peak seasons: Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, St. Regis Resort Bora Bora, and Le Méridien Bora Bora, Bora Bora, French Polynesia; W Maldives, Maldives; Sunset Key Guest Cottages, A Westin Resort, Key West, Florida; The Resort at Singer Island, Singer Island, Florida; Mystique, Santorini, Greece; Pine Cliff Residences, Albuferia, Portugal; and Cala Di Volpe, Hotel Pitrizza, and Hotel Romazzino, Porto Cervo, Italy. The minimum number of Starpoints required for a free night at The Resort at Singer Island, a Category 5 property, ranges from 24,000 to 64,000 Starpoints; the minimum number of Starpoints required for a free night at the Pine Cliff Residences, which is a Category 6 hotel, is 40,000 to 100,000 Starpoints; and the minimum number of Starpoints required for a free night at the other listed properties, which are all Category 7 properties, ranges from 60,000 to 140,000 Starpoints depending on the hotel, its category, its room types, the time of year, and/or its mandatory requirements. Redemptions at these hotels must be booked through your local customer contact center.