Rated 2 out of 5 by mauimatrix Terrible wait time for shuttle, 30 minutes standing in the sweltering heat, Totally unacceptable for a Starwood Property
Can't remember last time I had to call the hotel to request a shuttle (all major and small airports shuttles run every 10 - 20 minutes), BUT at this hotel you have to call. Worst part is that there's absolutely nothing in the confirmation email telling you this. Their "excuse": Too many terminals at DFW to run the shuttle continuously. Suite had no door blocking sound & light from bedroom area & unlike newer Starwood properties, no walk-in shower, only old/tub shower. Staff was excellent & responsive but although manager, who drove the shuttle by the way because they only have one driver --- kind of shocking for a major airport hotel with 500+ rooms --- offered to buy us dinner but never followed up nor did a credit appear on our bill). Manager said guests frequently complain about shuttle wait times but they've clearly done nothing to resolve the problem. During our 30 minute wait, we watched numerous 2 & 3 star hotel chain shuttles pass by. I could have pay 1/2 the price & been to my hotel 20 - 30 minutes early. Considering I had a late evening arrival & early next day departure, that was precious time. I finally found the information regarding shuttle after 5 clicks buried under vague & ambiguous language of the confirmation email. Shocked that a large organization like Starwood doesn't have a special notice with an asterisk in red at top of confirmation to insure guests know to call for shuttle when they're leaving baggage. Starwood, as good as they normally are, should adopt a similar system to Uber or a simple text notification telling you when shuttle will arrive so you don't have to wait in the sweltering Texas heat for 30 minutes. Equally shocking that in this day & age of instant social media & bad PR/Review posts on multiple travel websites, that Starwood doesn't fix major issues that could easily be resolved.
September 23, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by LCNYC123 Was Disappointed. Not on par w/ other Westins.
Was disappointed with this stay.
* Called them for shuttle upon arrival to DFW. Was told to go down the escalator to the courtesy van area and would be 20 minute wait max. After 30 minutes of waiting, kept calling. I was upset that it was cold and no one at the hotel said to stay inside prior to van arrival (they should do that - tell customers to stay inside when it's cold and will call upon arrival) and that the shuttle was late. Finally, I got sick and tired of waiting.... called hotel back to complain. Rep was nice enough to say to take a taxi and hotel would comp it. The taxi (for the 2 miles from DFW to hotel) was $23! Crazy high taxi prices in Dallas.
* Was upgraded into a suite due to SPG status. That was nice. However, the bed in the room was awful. Had a long day and just wanted to go to bed and the heavenly bed was disgusting. The bottom sheet was a gross polyster mix with fuzzballs on it and not the normal starched 100% cotton sheet. To top off the disgusting sheet - I found 3 hairs on the sheet THAT WEREN'T MINE! Gross. I was so disgusted that I started to sleep on the couch.
* I then decided that I shouldn't have to sleep on the couch and called the front desk for a room transfer.
* Was transferred to another room and the rep told me she'd bring me a new key to the new floor I would be on.
* After waiting an eternity and no one showing up, finally went down to front desk to get a new key.
* Was greeted by rude representative at front desk. She was like "Have you told the manager about this problem?" I was like "Um, no. I reported it to the front desk. It's your job to report these incidents to the manager. Not mine". She gave me a key, but didn't have a smile on her face or anything like that. As I was up since 4am that day and needed to get up at 4am the next day, I was in no mood to deal with the rep's attitude.
* New room was fine. It was a bigger suite. However, I forgot to bring my hotel slippers so I inadvertently walked on the hotel carpet in bare feet. Normally that would be fine, except there was this gigantic wet spot in the carpet leading to the bathroom. Gross. I can only imagine was the wet spot was from. Actually, I don't want to imagine since I stepped on it in my bare feet. :(
* Next morning was fine. The shuttle to DFW worked out well and the driver was nice. That was probably the highlight of my stay.
* Overall, would not stay here again. One bad experience would have been okay - but it was problem after problem at the hotel during a short overnight stay. Too many to handle.
* A Westin should not be riddled with so many issues. Would NOT recommend at all.
December 14, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by mohr Noisy
There was noise throughout the night as every 5-10 minutes it sounded as if a jackhammer was going off or a pipe was vibrating.
Not very Good. Room 518
September 14, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Mfoodie Disappointed
I asked for early checkin when I made my reservation. When I arrived at the airport, I called your front desk and was told that "yes my room was ready" this was at 10:30. So I change my plans, come to the hotel only to find that my room is "not ready" we had planned to taxi to a restaurant fromt he airport for lunch. So I had to hang out at your hotel in the lobby until my 1:00 conference started at the convention center. You were to call me when my room was ready...that never happened. At 7:00 p.m. after my meetings ended I was able to come back to the hotel and "check-in" to my room. Service in your restaurant, while we waited (might as well have lunch while we wait) was painfully slow. Smell of paint from renovations was overwhelming at times.
July 21, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by leejeffrey Needs some improvement
Stayed at the Westin DFW for the Skyball event this past weekend. Airport shuttle pickup took over an hour from the time we called until the time we arrived at the hotel. No one was manning the SPG check-in desk when we arrived so we waited in line with everyone else. Got to the room and the outside lock took 10-15 key swipes to get the lock to open. Basically, the light would come on, but the lock would not release. While this was reported to the front desk, it continued to happen for the duration of our stay. The shower leaked water and could use some maintenance. The breakfast was mediocre. There appeared to be a station on the corner set up for eggs or pancakes, but it was never manned. The items were not replaced consistently as we notice more than one empty container. I will stay elsewhere next time.
October 7, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by RTCVEGAS SPG platinum experience
As a SPG platinum member, I highly recommend this Westin especially if you need to stay close to DFW. They have shuttle available to DFW 24 hours a day.
SPG platinum and gold members get warmly welcomed at this hotel. Even though this Westin doesn't have its Club lounge, the restaurant in the lobby area serves great food and beverage.
I see some people have stressed the airplane noise, but for me it was not bothering me. The hotel's sound proofing was adequate in my opinion.
All in all, this Westin treats SPG members pretty well. I would definitely return here when I need to stay close to DFW.
August 25, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Smity1977 DISAPPOINTING
STAYED AT THIS HOTEL SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE WHEN IN DALLAS FOR BUSINESS AND PLAY, BUT THIS WAS MY MOST DISAPPOINTING STAY. CHECKED IN MY ROOM ON A FRIDAY, KEPT FINDING HAIRS (NOT MY OWN) THROUGHOUT THE ROOM, EVEN IN MY BED. CALLED DOWN TO THE CONCEIRGE SATURDAY MORNING TO MAKE MNGT AWARE AND WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE FIXED DURING THAT DAYS HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE. LEFT FOR THE MORNING AND AFTERNOON AND RETURNED TO THE ROOM SAT. EVENING, AND THE SAME HAIRS WERE THROUGHOUT THE ROOM AND THE BED. LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THE ROOM WAS MINIMALLY CLEANED. I CERTAINLY EXPECT MORE AS A PLATINUM MEMBER BUT WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. I WILL THINK ABOUT A DIFFERENT PROPERTY NEXT TIME IN DFW.
May 23, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by CowboysFan Nice hotel; need minor improvements
The Westin was nice overall. Rooms were comfortable. Problems I encountered was one of the two suites I reserved was not cleaned at 6 pm. Also the noise level from the hallways, freeway and surrounding bathroom was a little annoying.
November 16, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jules007 very disappointed
I'm not sure where to begin but here goes:
1) I was happy to be on the 15th floor I thought wow, I will have a great view. When I got to my room I opened the curtains and half of the window was so dirty on the outside and streaked it was pointless to look out. Apparently the water had alsobeen leaking inside because the carpet had old water stains along with the drapes and the ceiling. The window was nasty inside and out.
2)I was there for 3 nights. Would you like to guess how many times housekeeping came to my room? The answer is none.
3. I am a heavy sleeper and spend one to two nights at hotels every week so I am used to "hotel noise" but I was unable to make it even one of the nights without being woke up by either loud guests or road noise.
4) I ordered room service the first night there and my food was cold, with soggy bread and the wrong dressing. The dessert was very good though.
5. I had an in room massage, first of all the times listed for massages say until 9pm but it is apparently only until 7 pm. The front desk told the masseuse the wrong room so she was late. There was no CD music played like the website lists, only the loud hum of traffic passing by. I do have to say the masseuse did a very good job.
6. When I checked in I asked for a late check out since my conference ended at noon on check out day. I was told that was not an option so on break I ran up to my room grabbed my stuff and checked out before noon. Only to find out one of my friends and multiple others got a late check out.
The bathroom was tiny and there was rust stains running down from the support bar. Also weirdly one of the pictures was missing from the room, just empty hooks on the wall.
As I said, I stay in hotels very often and in rooms that cost half as much and are a great experience. I was very disappointed on so many levels. Next time I stay in the Dallas area I will not stay here. I obviously paid a premium for a hotel name not a quality hotel.
May 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jerry40 My personal opinion of the "Westin"
PRO:The hotel and its staff were great. Everyone was helpful and friendly.
CON: I was more than a little takenaback by the breakfast buffet price. $36.00 for 2 was a bit rich.
Other than that I was very pleased with the Westin and will definitely stay there again.
July 1, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Fischgreg Noisy sleepless nights
I stayed on the 4th floor. I coule hear every vehicle that went by in the parking lot outside. I could hear everyone in the hallway, even when they were not being loud. Because the 4th floor has an open balcony to the lobby, I could actually hear people in the lobby. Finally, each morning, there was a loud vibrating noise that woke me up. I'm assuming it was some water pipes. Very frustrated and tired.
Overall, the hotel was nice, clean and the staff was friendly. If it was not for the noise, my experience and rating would be better.
February 15, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Rdel Convenient Hotel
The hotel stay was fine but was disappointed with the shuttle wait at the airport. When the shuttle did arrive, it made 3 more stops after my terminal and only in the last stop picked another passenger up after making us wait for >7 minutes. Their policy is to wait no more than 3 minutes but what should have been a quick hop to the hotel turned more like a 40 minutes trip.
August 25, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Busntraveller Worst SPG experience
This has got to be my worst SPG hotel experience in my 13 years of being an SPG member. I came back to my room after a long hard day of work and the room has not been cleaned. I left a few dollars tip which I normally do and the money disappeared, meaning, the housekeeper took the money and decided not to clean the room. I asked to be moved to a different room and they said they are sold out (really?).
May 7, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Kton452 Worst Starwood Experience to date,
I have stayed at many starwood properties and they have always been my favorite hotels to stay in terms of comfort and service. This hotel was the opposite of such for the following reasons:
1. I had to find someone to check me in because no one was at the front desk for over 30 min,
2. They lost one of my bags three hours before an international flight and made little to no effort to resolve the issue.
3. Manager placed blame on me for the lost bag although the bellmen was in charge of the bags during my check in.
4.The room had cheap motel florescent lamps throughout as the only light source.
5. Restrooms were gross and the bed (although comfortable) made us both itch all night.
6. Took over an hour for the shuttle to pick us up from airport after a long international flight (they were aware of our arrival time) and the list goes on...
July 16, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by CHINALEE excellent service
Your late night front desk staff is EXCELLENT!!!!!!!. I woke up in the middle of the night with cramps in both my legs and feet. The only thing that helps to relieve the pain is tonic water (it's a muscle relaxer). I went down stairs but the bar had already closed. Your front desk manager and shuttle bus driver were able to get me a bottle. Which did the job. They could have said sorry but bar's closed, they didn't. GREAT JOB
June 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Peggy Very nice
We really enjoyed this hotel. It was an overnight "date night" and we really enjoyed the room. The bed was super comfy. Shower nice and big, and clean. Staff was very nice.
Would not hesitate to stay again.
Noise was not a problem despite close proximity to DFW airport and really enjoyed watching the airport activity from the 12th floor. Enjoyed the rooftop pool area as well.
Breakfast buffet was excellent.
June 9, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gaugina Exceptional Service!
While this hotel is a little run-down and could use a facelift, the staff at the hotel make it worth your stay. Antonio the concierge was extremely helpful to me during my stay and went above and beyond his normal role to assist me in reclaiming a lost cell phone.
August 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by YYC2014 Service is The Main Selling Feature of this Hotel
I will preface this review by saying up front that I am very hard to please. The Westin DFW definitely pleased me. It has its faults and flaws, but the staff and the excellent service they provided covered them over to such an extent that they were inconsequential. Arriving at DFW, a quick call to the hotel produced a shuttle in about 15 minutes, which took me straight to the hotel. Check-in was quick and efficient, and I was greeted by everyone from the moment I stepped off the shuttle until I was in my room. The room was comfortable and tastefully decorated, although there was a large snag in the carpet, and the wood furniture was looking vaguely tired. I appreciated a fridge, small safe and lots of power outlets for charging electronics. The bathroom was clean, but the tub was soon going to be in need of replacing. Although there was a magnifying make-up mirror, the lighting was a little difficult for application and I kept having to move into the bedroom by the window. The micro fibre robe was a pleasant change from the usual terrycloth.
The workout room was great. And while the location and furniture were very nice, the whole pool area (and hot tub) could use a little sprucing up. Also towels in the pool area would be nice. I had to use the small towels from the gym, which weren't very adequate.
The hotel is a LONG way from downtown, and previously would have meant a very expensive cab ride. But the newly opened DART line at DFW meant that I could catch the shuttle to board it at the airport, and for a paltry $5 day pass, ride it all the way downtown and back, and access any other public transit I cared to. I got off near Dealey Plaza, and walked all over downtown, and caught the train back in the evening. A call to the hotel procured another shuttle ride back to the hotel, making it a very enjoyable and cost effective day out. So you would need have no fear of staying here and still being able to see the Dallas sites.
As I have stated previously, I am very fussy, and the flaws would probably not bother most people. And fussy though I am, the service level was so outstanding that I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.
August 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Maria Great hotel!
Stayed at this hotel for one night on business and first impression was perfect. The front desk agent was quick and very helpful. The upgraded room was unexpected but was a very nice gesture. Room was clean, having a restaurant/bar on property was convenient. Shuttle service to/from the airport and American HDQ tops it off. Will be definitely staying at this hotel again.
April 22, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by GuestOneMillion 10/26/13
Always something with this hotel. In the past it has been faulty shower doors, poor plumbing, clogged sink, etc. This time, the water pressure fluctuated and the window blind was stuck in the down position and the bottom of it was torn and frayed.
I've stayed exclusively at this hotel for quite some time but it may be time to find another place for my weekend visits.
October 28, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Sandy77 NOT A COMFORTABLE STAY
Firstly, the rooms were so close to each other that we could not sleep all night. There were children/ babies shouting in the room next to ours and we could hear it even with our doors closed. The a/c was very noisy. We did not even sleep well. Like it says on the website "Sleep Well Eat Well" Nothing like that at all. Talking about breakfast. We did not enjoy the breakfast at all. The eggs were very crunchy ( not soft) and if that was not enough, there was a fly in the room, which was even worst. The hallway was very stinky. I was told that only the whirlpool was out of order and the pool was open. But to our surprise, when we went upstairs all ready to jump in the pool, we saw a sign saying the pool was closed. Very disappointed during the stay :(
We were hoping to relax, but really felt bad during the stay. When we reached home, my son said, “Finally we are home! Our home is better than Westin!” We did not expect this from Westin.
July 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by FredK SO nice to be "home"
excellent team! My stay was unexpected and they took such good care of me. Stranded due to a missed connection, a quick phone call and I was all set. K Lee even took the time to write a welcome note and make sure some "supplies" were waiting in my room. Once again proving that when asked where I live, I reply at the Westin!
February 16, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by justjayne does not meet its own defined expectations
The hotel website states clearly the amenities and concessions it offers but when we paid through a reservation service we were told after we paid that we would be unable to enjoy the complimentary buffet breakfast that is clearly advertised on the website. Additionally, the pool was not in service one day and the hot tub was out of service our entire stay we booked with the hotel hoping to relax in the hot tub. We came to this hotel specifically to enjoy the amenities it offered on its website. We anticipated a 4 star hotel would make it a priority to keep their services up and running and additionally keep their word as to what their guests would be provided. Otherwise friendly staff. My son got stuck in one of their non working elevators also which was a scary experience for him. I was traveling with a blind guest who had difficulty using the amenities because the elevator to go to the pool and activity room kept having problems. Poor maintenance. Not a blind friendly hotel
July 24, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by GreenBay123 Unhappy Stay at Westin
I am a frequent Westin customer. Out of all the Westins I have stayed out, this was the worst. Only one elevator was in operation all weekend, the staff was unresponsive and not attentitive. Was not a good experience. I stayed on the Preferred SPG floor due to my status and rooms were outdated.
December 17, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Fa81 Very disappointed with the DFW Westin
I have stayed at the DFW location two times in the past year, both for business trips. On both occasions my room has been extremely below the exceptional quality I have come to enjoy of the Westin brand. The service, hospital, quality and cleanliness of this hotel are severely lacking.
July 25, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by JohnnyW Very Disappointing - maintenance and service
Upon arrival, no support by front desk.
Nobody advised on parking
Nobody helped with luggage
No welcome as Platinum Guest
Room door showed scratches
Sink was plugged
No water in shower
March 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Required Relaxing Getaway
The hotel is perfect for a nice weekend getaway with the wife. Lots to do in a short driving distance.
Hotel is clean, staff is very friendly, and the bed is very comfortable!
April 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hokievt Good location and outstanding front desk staff.
Great staff at the font desk and good location for business travel and the airport.
January 6, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by JMF45 Another GREAT stay at the Westin DFW Airport
I have stayed at the Westin DFW Airport Hotel for three nights a month over the last year. Everything is great about the hotel (rooms, convenience to my work location, etc.) but the main reason I keep coming back is your people. It all starts when I arrive and the awesome Valet and Concierge gentlemen (I cannot recall their names but they are always there weekday evenings, 6:00pm, when I check in) remember me and greet me warmly. Next it is with the staff you have in the lounge. Everyone that I interact with is extremely accommodating, but I do have to call out Robert, Christine, and Liam as being the best of the bunch. Each one of them are truly customer focused which makes it a pleasurable experience each time I am in the lounge. You are very lucky to have them!
July 28, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by virgil Poor Customer service
Didn't feel very welcomed from the start. The staff was very unfriendly and unhelpful.
May 20, 2012