Rated 3 out of 5 by sp79 Given a different room than booking
When I booked this hotel, I had reserved an executive business room with a king bed. After checkin, I get to my room and find out that, they had instead given me a standard double bed. When I called the frontdesk of the mistake, it wasn't a mistake on their end. They really did give my room to someone else. I was dumbfounded at how this could happen. They also didn't refund me the difference. The next day, they put me in the proper room. No apologies nor reconciliation. That was the last time I stayed at this hotel.
May 15, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by runner2012 bugs
when we checked into the room we were very impressed. large room a very nice view. then we found a bug. i killed it, but another appeared both by the window. we were then moved...but to a smaller room and the view was gone. we paid extra for the larger room but was told no more were available. my son who came with us to watch me in a race in trenton decided he could not stop sensing the bugs were still there and call for a ride home. teh on duty manager gave us a discount on the room but we were very disappointed!!!
November 13, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ottvantor Bed comfort great, restaurant food superb but service slow
Stayed last week and enjoyed it. Room and bed were superb, I eat only vegan food and the quality was fantastic. I mentioned to colleagues that the dinner I had was one of the best vegan dinners I have ever had. Service was very friendly in the restaurant but quite slow though at breakfast time even with only a few people in the restaurant. At dinner I did not have this problem. The wait staff made assumptions that everyone at the table wanted only 1 bill for the whole table without asking. Otherwise great stay.
December 11, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by karen Our stay was very disappointing
We had an extremely disappointing stay at the Princeton Westin and do not intend to use your hotel again. If you are interested in improving your hotel, below is a list of the issues we had with the hotel.
1. One of the main reasons we decided to stay at the hotel was because it had an indoor pool. The pool water, however, was extremely murky. We complained and the "engineer" told the front desk that someone must have gone into the pool with lotion on. We find it hard to believe that one person with lotion could turn an entire pool murky. The engineer was supposed to do something to fix the situation and later in the day the pool was a bit less murky, but overall it was pretty disgusting.
2. Soaps and shampoos were not replenished on the second day of our stay.
3. The breakfast buffet was extremely poor. The waffles were stiff and inedible. The selection of fruit was pathetic. Most buffets will have cut up fruit or slices of melon. Your buffet had whole apples and oranges. There was no a la carte menu. There were no cold cereals on the buffet. You had to ask to have cold cereal and there was only one option: Total. Although I was able to order oatmeal a la carte, the only way we knew this was by asking the waitress. One of the waitress' English was very poor and thus we had to search for another waitress to get answers to our questions.
4. At 1:30 in the morning the fire alarm went off. Although the hotel could not have prevented someone from acting like a jerk and pulling the alarm (which is what we were told the next morning), there should have been hotel staff directing guests on where to go once outside. Once outside there was NO hotel presence. The only staff we saw was one woman in the lobby running around frantically talking into a walkie talkie. She seemed to have no training on how to handle such an emergency. I shudder to think how the hotel staff would have dealt with this situation if there had actually been a real fire. It seemed to us that the hotel staff was completely unprepared for this type of event.
5. The hallways in the hotel are very dark and depressing. I realize that this is not the Westin's fault since the hotel design predates Westin's ownership. However, the dark hallways with low ceilings create a depressing feel as you walk to your room.
6. Our room was on the third floor and close to the pool. Consequently, our room smelled like chlorine and was musty.
The one nice thing I will say is that the staff was generally friendly and helpful.
I have stayed in Westins in the past and they have been much, much nicer than the Princeton Westin. My recommendation to Starwoods is that you label the hotel with one of your less prestigious brands so that guests are not upset when they realize that the Princeton Westin is not up to the quality of other Westins. Otherwise you are merely diluting the Westin brand.
November 30, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mom8 This hotel is very clean.
I have stayed in many hotels and was very pleased that it was so clean. I will definitely be back and suggest this hotel to others. I was actually able to get a good night's sleep in a hotel. The location of this hotel is excellent also. Thank you.
August 17, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by pblover Loved the Heavenly Bed!
Pleasant hotel with accommodating staff.
The room was well appointed and of decent size, but the layout was a bit awkward, making it difficult for two to maneuver.
The Heavenly Bed, however, was indeed heavenly!
My husband, who has back issues, had the best night sleep in months.
August 13, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Hurrricanes13 Not a bad weekend
Stayed at this hotel over the weekend for a lacrosse tournament nearby. Good overall experience except for two things. First, hard to believe there are no movie to rent services available in the rooms. I can watch movies on my iphone, but not in a Westin Hotel? Second, the Starbucks in the hotel isnt open enough. We left the hotel after 6:00 am on Saturday and it wasnt open. We returned around 2:30 and it was already closed.
June 30, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by MG1964 Not up to Westin standards
While the Westin Princeton was fine, my expectations of the Westin brand is higher than "fine". There were dirty red wine glasses on the windowsill outside our room when we checked in at 6 pm-ish. When we left the room to check out, one of the employees was lying down, apparently asleep, on the bench beside the 3rd floor elevators. In general the hotel seemed minimally outfitted and pretty vacant. There weren't any special touches or services that I've come to expect from Westin.
April 24, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Betterday4070 has seen better days
The staff here tries hard, is very helpful, gracious, kind and is well trained, yet there simply were not enough of them to do the work required. Our room was not cleaned until after 4PM and we had to leave the door ajar because they did not have a pass key. We had a group coming to have drinks in the bar before dinner, but the bartender did not show by 5:20 so we left. The service at breakfast in the restaurant demanded we find our own placesettings and mugs for coffee as there were too few waiters to keep up. This was much the same as last Thanksgiving when we stayed only this year the common areas show even more age with soiled upholstery and cracking vinyl sofas.
This is a good location, the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. It just needs more resources in order to redecorate and hire more help.
November 25, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tricia0407 This hotel was very comfortable!
Rooms were clean, bathroom had super shower head, like a rain shower.
Bed is so plush slept like a queen.
Staff was very helpful, curtious and very professional.
Unfortunately did not dine there since we had family functions in PA.
Would definitely recommend this hotel as my brother had recommended this hotel for our stay.
July 21, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Lance66 Disappointing
For $250 per night in Central New Jersey, I would have expected better conditions and service. The room was average, but certainly not worth the amount I was paying. I asked for wake up calls both mornings and never received either. The desk chair was broken and they replaced it, but the replacement was not much better even though it worked. This facility is not up to what I would expect of a Westin for starters and certainly not what I would expect for the price paid.
May 16, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by allenwong nice hotel, nice area
had a great time at the hotel, lots of great eating options in the area, and nice and secluded. Rooms are nice and staff are too.
My only complaints would be the condition of the pool, which was fairly dissapointing, and the size of the tv in the room, which I found particularly small.
July 30, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Frustrated222 Stayed Diring Hurricane Sandy
I realize that there was a hurricane approaching but this hotel was totally unprepared for the swell of guests that would converge upon them.
- front desk was full of kids who did not know much and completely unattentive
- terrible food, and the Starbucks counter closes early (at a SPG resort!!!)
- the power was lost and the hotel could not get there generator on.
- had to eat even worse food in the dark
- one lame excuse after another by the staff on the generator situation
- had to sleep in an uncomfortable room with a two month old baby
- lines at the front desk were awful, people cutting me off in line and not one staff member could maintain order
- upon checkout I was surprised they actually charged me for the second night and food while offering nothing but a roof over my head
I am done with SPG hotels
November 2, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by FlytheTail Solid Westin
Spend one night here and overall was pleased. There was a large meeting at the hotel though so it was pretty chaotic when I checked in and noisy at times in the hallways. The room was in good condition and was seemingly recently renovated. I had booked a room rate that included breakfast but what they gave me was a $10 certificate to redeem at a very small coffee stand. No hot items are offered, it's really just coffee and pastries/muffins with nowhere to sit.
March 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by texascarmain Great hotel, close to Princeton
We had two connecting rooms. They were light, bright, clean and spacious. The perfect sanctuary at theen d of a long day of driving!
August 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by HKitty1 I hated to leave!
My stay at the Westin was amazing. I felt like a princess! I have never seen such a friendly staff. My rating of sleep was because of personal medical issues. I am sure most people would have had a much more positive experience. Overall my time spent at the Westin was wonderful!
July 27, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by CaseyP Overall great Hotel
We are happy with our stay at Westin. Front desk staff was very good and accommodating. Rooms are large and beds were very comfortable. Location is great and convenient. Wish WIFi was working.
August 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by SusanandBob Convienient location for visiting Princeton
Only a few minutes drive from campus, this hotel provided everything we needed during our visit to Princeton. The staff were very accommodating and the breakfast buffet was delicious!
August 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by morra this hotel was wondeful for a wedding
everything was done to perfection/ Staff was helpful
August 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by sschladow Nice Westin with great amenities - expensive Internet
I usually receive free Internet with my Starwood stays, but for some reason this property did not honor my SPG status. However, it is our favorite hotel in the Princeton region, has free parking, great breakfast buffet and wonderful staff. They were really nice about an early checkin as we had taken a red eye to attend a funeral. however Starwood properties really have to stop charging for Internet as we are finding ourselves going elsewhere.
October 23, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by JUSTLYN The hotel needs updating
Cable TV was minimal with poor reception.
August 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kevin171717 Posh locale
Excellent Service by staff, and nice clean rooms with nice amenities. Ecellent location -- very close to restaurants and shopping malls. Good SPG member recognition -- especially Business Travellers. Close to Newark and Philadelphia Airport. Very close to Princeton University.
July 21, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sunnynomad Nice
I was able to use the facilities on this trip, but The pool area ran out of towels. The lady at the desk left the pool area before fresh towels were delivered, so I had guests asking me where to find them...30 mins later towels were left in a bag on the floor. Not easy for other guests to find them that way. Staff should be made aware that their voices can be heard through the doors. Conversations at 7 am should be kept at a minimum.......
August 8, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Max714 Exceptional Staff
The staff work hard to please and provide friendly cooperative service. They want you to be completely satisfied and do everything they can to make sure that happens. The main concern is you!
July 30, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by hotelstayer1 Meeting rooms were not adequately temp controlled
Froze at some points, too hot at other. The service was hit or miss- why would the cleaning staff clean the bathroom shortly after the meeting started- it should have been done prior to the meeting. The staff were disruptive when cleaning away the break food. when you know the meeting will break for lunch, why not just leave the morning break items until lunch instead of disrupting the meeting..
Not decaf coffee in the sleeping room.
October 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by California3 Magical Evening
For a return to our old hometown with dinner reservations at the restaurant where we had our first date 14 years earlier, the staff went above and beyond to add to our experience and upgraded us to a suite the second night.
Our night was magical..thanks! We'll be back!
July 19, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by DLD2013 Warm and gracious staff
The features and amenities of this hotel were very nice. The staff were warm and gracious and always helped with a smile. My only discomfort was at night whenever the room's AC system kicked in, which was frequently. The clicking was load enough to wake me up each time, making it very difficult to get a good night's sleep in the the comfortable bed. Other than that, I would stay again at the Westin Princeton at Forrestial Village.
June 26, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Neil62 nice hotel
nice hotel with nice amenities.service is good & staff is good.
housekeeping needs to be immproved.
August 4, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 Excellent Service in Restaurant
There are two staff in the restaurant that provided excellent service this week. Rodney and Alberto were quick to serve each of my breakfasts, always got the order right and were attentive if i needed anything during my meal without being distracting. They both have great work attitudes and understand what customer service really means. They would be a great addition to my staff! I look forward to seeing them on my next stay.
July 19, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by TimS Great hotel
This hotel ranks very high on my list of places to stay. There are currently two recommendations that I would make:
1. If I order breakfast by using the doorhanger in the room this never gets replaced with a new one the next day which means I end up writing on scraps of paper the next day that I order breakfast.
2. Whenever I check out I ask for my folio of my stay to be e-mailed to me. I am always asked to confirm my e-mail details - which always end up being right in the system. Somehow when the check out staff member initiates the sending of the folio from within the check out screen it does NOT actually e-mail the statement. I usually call back later in the day and when the staff initiate the send from outside the check out screen it always works. The problem is that I have to call every time after a few hours. Would be good if that could be fixe3d somehow.
October 21, 2012