Rated 3 out of 5 by Ali123 Room was dirty
This weekend July 13th was very special for us, we were celebrating our 3rd year anniversary together and I was proposed to that night.
- arrived to the hotel to find they had no on site parking and valet was apparently full. The only option was to park away from the hotel. Very disappointing.
- Inn the bathroom their was hair in the tub and a used tissue on the floor.
-Hair on the ice bucket and our bed.
Was not impressed on how clean the room was at all.
I was impressed how the hotel looked when we walked in but disappointed how clean the room was.
-It did ruin the perfect weekend we had planned away to celebrate our special day.
July 17, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by mxmx The worst hotel of its kind
The room walls were dirty and not maintained. I was on 6th floor and the balcony was full of Starbucks cups and cigarettes which were never cleaned during my entire stay of 10 days. I wonder if in this hotel anybody ever cleans the bathroom tiles. There were black dots al over the place and it was obvious they were water spots that were never cleaned. There were also spiders behind the bathroom door. The heater/air-con is so old and unhealthy, plus it makes these crazy noises in the middle of the night, one thinks somebody broke in the room. The room in general is in a very bad shape and the rate you charge for these terrible conditions is honestly beyond me. The noise in the floor was unbelievable. Every night there was another incident. A couple that was fighting banging doors at 3am and screaming, a school group that was screaming and shouting and 4am, it was just pathetic. As for the staff? The lady concierge never smiles and she behaves like she is actually doing everybody a favor. The bartenders also never smile, it looks like they are not happy with what they are doing. In general the staff is not very pleasant, which again for the rate paid is ridiculous. The spa was poorly heated and very poor in amenities even though the girls were polite and pleasant. I was cold the entire time of my massage. I asked that they put the heating on, but they told me it is not working very well that is why it is a "bit" cold. Ridiculous. Not to mention the charge for internet, the empty mini bar and all that which is annoying when one stay in that hotel category, but we all unfortunately put up with in N. America. I will never stay in this hotel in my life and I travel 20 days out of a month. I was very glad when I left.
November 12, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Matcha Good all around hotel
the location is very good and looking out on Lake Ontario is a real bonus. The staff were exceptionally helpful and the rooms are very comfortable. In all it was a good experience.
June 13, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Skycaptain Room Fixes
Door to washroom was very loud, creaking and squeaking all the way through open and close (first time this has happened, stayed Westin many times). It was unpleasant having to wake up every time a member of my party used the restroom at night while everyone else was asleep. The main door did not close fully when let go to close on its own. Had to pull it shut. We would have left our items unsecure had we not returned to the room for a forgotten item. Breakfast food items are very expensive ($3 for apple juice), something to keep in mind. Good location. Always enjoy stay at Westin however. Hotel of choice in Toronto for four star.
July 30, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by JRDD Not up to standards!
I was greatly disappointed with my recent westin experience at the Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto. In many ways it was not up to the standards I've come to expect from Westin.
Let me start with the room:
- A distinct and horrible mildew smell permeated the room. Most of which was coming from the bathroom area. In fact, the smell was so horrible in the bathroom I could barely spend any time in there without holding my breath.
- Upon use, it was clear the drains in both sink and bath were severely clogged, backing up water. I imagine this was the cause of the horrible mildew smell. Clearly they never clean the drains out.
- Hot water was non-existent and I took showers both days with lukewarm water. On occasion throughout showering and with no forewarning, the water would run completely cold for upwards of 1-2 minutes.
- "Heavenly Shower" HA! Only one of the showerheads worked, the other was clogged.
- The bathroom was maintained in a substandard fashion, as no bath supplies, other than soap, were placed there during my entire stay. The magnifying mirror was loose and rickety. The countertop water-spotted and dirty.
- The room temperature could not be regulated and was constantly overly warm, no matter how much I turned down the temperature on the thermostat.
- The heat/air system was extremely noisy.
- The room was not overly clean, as there were spots on the ceiling and marks on the walls.
- The Mizzen Restaurant in the hotel was mediocre. Food was average and fruits and vegetables were not fresh.
- The Staff in the Mizzen restaurant was rude and not accomodating, in fact, the greeter was placing everyone clumped in tables next to each other in the back of the restaurant (its a large space). When she was asked by a guest if they could move closer to the front of the room, she was overheard to say "NO, those are reserved", yet during the entire time in the restaurant NO ONE ever sat in the area near the front or further deep into the restaurant.
- The prices in the restaturant were OUTRAGEOUS for substandard food. $18 CAD for a bowl of "seasonal fruit" that had a few pieces of unripe melon, unripe pineapple and four sour strawberries is ridiculous.
All I can say is DO NOT go to this hotel if you want the standard Westin service.
December 10, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Aviah Excellent service, awesome view and and Heavenly beds!
I found the staff exceeded my expectation - such an excellent service! I am so glad I took my six year old to Westin Harbour to celebrate her birthday. I am thankful to the staff for making the stay so special for her. Along with exceptional service, the room comfort was excellent. I love Heavenly Beds! I was at the 31st floor and the view was splendid. Kids loved seeing the planes take off and land. The location is perfect. And the Toula Restruant was the highlight! Definitely coming back again! Highly recommended.
May 22, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by kktravel good location and service
Checked in with heavy bags for a meeting - went up to room - key wouldn't work - had to go back down to lobby with all my bags - at least 5 people in line to check-in so i went to Concierge with no line - the girl there took my key into the back and came back within 5 minutes with it reset. Great.
Had to use the facilities by the time i got in my room - lifted lid and hair on toilet seat and quite a bit on floor of bathroom - also next morning quite a large clump sitting in tub on top of drain. Kind of gross!
Anyway - it wouldn't deter me from staying again just thought the cleaning of the bathroom could have been way better.
June 12, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bruce1355 Old Tired Hotel with very poor service
1. No plug for the Tub, when we called front desk they did not seem to care and we never did get to use the tub
2. We received key to our room and went up in the elevator only to find no room existed called to front desk and they were rude telling me that there were two towers and we had gone up the wrong tower as though I should have known
3. Bathroom Door was very noisy as a result had to leave it open during the night
4. Grill over the bathroom exhaust fan was hanging down from the ceiling
5. One of swivel switch on the table light missing
6. Air conditioning fan was very noisy so either put up with noise, not sleep or be hot
7. Red lights on the phone started flashing at 5 am that woke us up, and it was hotel flashing to tell us invoice was ready, went down to front desk to tell them how disruptive it was and never did anything about turning it off
8. We had to clean the room of dust and dirt behind the TV and other areas that took little extra care to clean
9. Room did not look like a deep cleaning had been done for a very long time
10. Having a drink in the bar around 11 pm with a number of us that were attending conference moved chairs to be able to chat together, bar tender told us we could not move the chairs as a hotel policy most of us got up and left not finishing our drinks
11. I had call twice to make the room reservations and change in arrival dates each time I confirmed with them I required two adjoining rooms, on arrival they did not have information correct and only when I asked about other Hotels in the area to go to did they get a manager out to get us what we had asked for. Did not receive confirmation by email for the room reservation
12. At the banquet dinner which cost me $116.00 the steak was so over done it was dry and tasteless. The desert dishes were actually dropped in front of us without asking what we wanted for desert. No coffee after dinner, and some of the plates were picked up off the table before they finished eating
13. One of the people at our table told them clearly that she could not have sea food on her plate, but the dinners were dropped on the table and we had to sort out who order what and she had to send her meal back as all dinners had shrimp on them. After a very long time she received her meal long time later and ended up finishing her meal while desert was being served
14. Our breakfast buffet ran out of eggs and bacon which took very long time to be refilled and was over stocked with all kinds of muffins and such
15. The staff raced to clean up so they could presumably go home
16. When got my car back from $ 40.00 per day charges it was filthy had to stop on way home at a car wash
17. Week before that had put up one of my clients overnight in the Detroit Air Port Westin Hotel and service; room and everything was wonderful would have rated it a 5 star Hotel
June 20, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jomile44 HarbourView Delight
The hotel is well located in the Harbour area of downtown. While there was significant contsruction ongoing, the end result of a transportation connection will make this location ideal. The Harbour view rooms offer a specaturlar view. Some of the rooms could be updated and tended to be dark. Staff were exceptional.
June 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Aileen8 This hotel has great location
The location is ideal for all attractions. Very clean and staff helpful. Would recommend it
June 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by funlover great location and conference facilaties
wonderful conference activities and staff very helpful to assist you. This hotel is very customer focused and works to ensure you have a wonderful experience.
June 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Carbar24 Excellent service and comfortable room.
We stay at the Harbour Castle 2-3 times a year. On both of our recent stays November and December 2013 we have no complaints. Check-in has been quick and the staff members courteous and acknowledged our patronage as SPG members. Both David and Carmela took very good care of us at check ins. Upgraded us to lake view rooms and internet. These added touches make our stay even better and make us feel like valued, loyal guests. We have also had drinks at the lobby bar, service again excellent and polite staff. Love the spicy complimentary snacks at the bar. Bellman also courteous and quick. We will continue to choose this location when staying in downtown Toronto .
December 7, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jlm12 Huge disappointment
I have stayed at the Weston Harbour Castle at least 50 times over the past 8 years. It has been over 6 months since my last stay and this one experience has ruined my view of the hotel. I was greeted rudely at the Elite Starwood reception desk. Our room was dank and unwelcoming. After a long day we were exhausted but could not sleep due to the loud whistling air conditioner. I did speak to a manager who was unhelpful and spent the majority of the call making excuses. I'm a Starwood gold member, and I am supposed to get 3:00 checkout. When requested it was refused to me. I would hate to see how they treated a first time guest!
August 15, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by SeanMTX Nice hotel with good location. Too bad the fees are outrageous.
The hotel itself is nice, with good staff and welcoming decor. The rooms were sufficient (my room was very warm, so I had to turn off the AC and open a window).
The main problem I have here is the cost of eating/drinking in the hotel. While I expect to pay a small premium for staying to dine in the hotel, I never expected a $65 CDN bill for 2 breakfasts! Or a $5.65 club soda (out of a gun, not a bottled premium beverage). To add insult to injury, there were no refills on the soda.
I and a colleague had a total of 7 beers, 1 entree and 1 appetizer in the lobby...to the tune of $158CDN. Absolutely outrageous.
March 23, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by deepvisual worst service in my career
quite simply the worst service I have ever had in a hotel.
I was checked into the wrong room, so couldn't access the internet.
I then tried for 45 mins to call reception but only got an engaged tone. In the end I went down, queued for ten minutes and finally got dealt with.
except nothing happened. I was told to enter someone else's name, but not how to spell it.
I went downstairs a total of 4 times to complain about the phone not working and each time was promised action which never materialised. On the final time, I made it clear it was the worst hotel I ever stayed in. Still nothing.
The whole time I was polite and patient, but to no avail. Shocking service.
October 30, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by hutch1234 TOURIST INFORMATION
I FELT THE HOTEL COULD HAVE PROVIDED MORE INFORMATION OF THINGS TO DO NEAR HOTEL AND WHEN ASKED DID NOT KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT TRANSPORTATION NEAR THE HOTEL
June 10, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by trueblue1872 Barstaff
I found your barman Lee extremely rude and unhelpful
June 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by BR13 Great place to stay while in Toronto
Service and staff were great. They were so helpful at all times. Great location
June 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by rennaikelly I'll come back to this hotel
Service, style, convenience
June 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dmiddleton Good location
The location was ideal for us. It is on the water with access to Toronto Island and just a few minutes walk from the heart of downtown Toronto.
June 9, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Chat08 The standards at this hotel have declined significantly.
We were looking forward to our stay but unfortunately the hoetl did not meet our expextations. We had a Murphy bed which did not have the wonderful comfort that I have come to expect at this hotel. Some of the emmenities were missing from the room such as shampoo and I believe a robe. Sean was fantastic at trying to make up for these problems but it is unlikely that we will stay at this hotel again.
May 29, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Hemmy33 Westin Harbour Castle - November 2012
The overall impression that I had of the facility was positive. The location is great if you want to go for a run by the lake however it is a 15 minute walk to get to any of the action in DT Toronto. My room was tidy however it was in need of some general repairs (paint peeling from the ceiling in the bathroom and the light over the shower did not work which meant you had to prop the door open in order not to shower in the dark). The staff was friendly and accomodating however I left my IPOD in the room and it has been more than 48 hours and still have not received a call from lost and found after leaving 2 messages.
November 7, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by moncar I always like staying at this hotel
When we were at the Westin Harbour Castle last Sunday, two of our sons also had rooms. We are the only one with a SPG card, and we have Gold status. I was very dissapointed to hear that we paid at least $50.00 more for our room than our sons did. We had requested a room with a comfy chair since my husband sometimes can't sleep in the bed. Is an armchair worth $50.00? The only way we could get this chair was to book a Junioe suite. The only difference between our room and that of our son, Kevin , was the armchair. His room was considerably less and he is not a SPG member. Please tell me what good our gold status is?
May 26, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by charlottemi Very helpful staff
I really appreciated the responsiveness of the staff. From getting me a feather free room, or a gluten free meal, to helping me find where I needed to go, the staff was gracious and helpful. The rooms were spacious and comfortable as well as having a lovely view.
May 31, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Unhappy Are you kidding?!
We made the huge mistake of booking during March break - no pool or hot tub use available as it was overrun by kiddos.
The add- on fees were astronomical -$17/day for WiFi. What?! $27 for the breakfast buffet that is comparable to the free buffet offered at lesser priced hotels.
We had a couple minor issues that became big problems due to the lack of response by the staff. After a number (5) conversations we were credited 2 nights accommodation - but not really because $800 in charges later we have had to put a stop payment on our visa. Now off the the telephone for more time dealing with the Westin HC's pathetic excuse for customer service.
So much for a relaxing vacation!
March 18, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Luvtrvl Very tired, old, poorly maintained
This is the worst Westin I have ever stayed at and I'm a platinum member. The hotel is in a superior location and has amazing views of Lake Ontario. The hotel is poorly maintained (we had to switch rooms because the first assigned room was dirty and looked like it hadn't been dusted in weeks.). The hallways and rooms are in dire need of painting. The bathrooms are old and very small. The carpet in our "suite" was nasty and shredded near the entrance to bathroom and opening door. The wallpaper was bubbled in places and furniture scraped. Not a good representation for Westin quality. I wouldn't use your suite awards for this place as the room was not of "suite" size nor quality.
August 5, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rollingjones Service in this hotel was excellent
I have stayed in top hotels all over the world so it's a little hard to surprise me but Westin Harbour Castle did just that! From check-in with Sean, who went out of his way to ensure I had a nice room, to the room service which was extremely quick and efficient to the room service menu which had very healthy food. I had a bad cold and really needed a place to stay warm and comfortable for my demanding trip. Not only did I get that but I also had a perfect view of the lake and nourishing food which helped make a tough business trip much better. Thanks to the staff at Westin for being so good at what you do!
February 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by CPTMORGAN Restaurant
A party of about 7 of us went back to the hotel for lunch only to find the Mizzen not open. The sign to the left of the restaurant entrance showed no change in the hours of operation and there was no other signage advising that the restaurant was not open for business, whether it was a temporary or permanent change, etc.
May 26, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Korbin123 This hotel has great conference rooms.
The hotel food was average and the food, beverages and parking were over priced. The staff were pleasant and accommodating.
June 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MomsDayConcert2014 Excellent stay
Everything was top notch from the moment we pulled into the parking garage. Staff was attentive and courteous.
Check in was great and we even managed to get a room with a lake view.
Room was clean, spacious and quiet.
My only complaint if I were to have one is having to pay for in room wifi. Wifi was complimentary in the lobby so was fine just not as convenient.
Overall, we are extremely pleased we chose the Westin Harbour Castle and will definitely return.
May 13, 2014