Rated 4 out of 5 by SRMR Nice room great view
Room was clean and comfortable spacious. View was incredible. Room service response was excellent.
July 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vytas63 Hotel for conferences
This hotel has great features organizing the conferences and meetings. The hotel is in the heard of Toronto.
July 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MKSanDiego Lovely, quiet room
All I could ask for when staying in town for business for a few days: A quiet, well-appointed room. The only thing that could be improved would be to have better coverage of the windows by the curtains.
July 5, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Skycaptain Room Fixes
Door to washroom was very loud, creaking and squeaking all the way through open and close (first time this has happened, stayed Westin many times). It was unpleasant having to wake up every time a member of my party used the restroom at night while everyone else was asleep. The main door did not close fully when let go to close on its own. Had to pull it shut. We would have left our items unsecure had we not returned to the room for a forgotten item. Breakfast food items are very expensive ($3 for apple juice), something to keep in mind. Good location. Always enjoy stay at Westin however. Hotel of choice in Toronto for four star.
July 30, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by JRDD Not up to standards!
I was greatly disappointed with my recent westin experience at the Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto. In many ways it was not up to the standards I've come to expect from Westin.
Let me start with the room:
- A distinct and horrible mildew smell permeated the room. Most of which was coming from the bathroom area. In fact, the smell was so horrible in the bathroom I could barely spend any time in there without holding my breath.
- Upon use, it was clear the drains in both sink and bath were severely clogged, backing up water. I imagine this was the cause of the horrible mildew smell. Clearly they never clean the drains out.
- Hot water was non-existent and I took showers both days with lukewarm water. On occasion throughout showering and with no forewarning, the water would run completely cold for upwards of 1-2 minutes.
- "Heavenly Shower" HA! Only one of the showerheads worked, the other was clogged.
- The bathroom was maintained in a substandard fashion, as no bath supplies, other than soap, were placed there during my entire stay. The magnifying mirror was loose and rickety. The countertop water-spotted and dirty.
- The room temperature could not be regulated and was constantly overly warm, no matter how much I turned down the temperature on the thermostat.
- The heat/air system was extremely noisy.
- The room was not overly clean, as there were spots on the ceiling and marks on the walls.
- The Mizzen Restaurant in the hotel was mediocre. Food was average and fruits and vegetables were not fresh.
- The Staff in the Mizzen restaurant was rude and not accomodating, in fact, the greeter was placing everyone clumped in tables next to each other in the back of the restaurant (its a large space). When she was asked by a guest if they could move closer to the front of the room, she was overheard to say "NO, those are reserved", yet during the entire time in the restaurant NO ONE ever sat in the area near the front or further deep into the restaurant.
- The prices in the restaturant were OUTRAGEOUS for substandard food. $18 CAD for a bowl of "seasonal fruit" that had a few pieces of unripe melon, unripe pineapple and four sour strawberries is ridiculous.
All I can say is DO NOT go to this hotel if you want the standard Westin service.
December 10, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by desertflower conveniently located
The hotel is close to everything and it is all within working distance
July 7, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by kktravel good location and service
Checked in with heavy bags for a meeting - went up to room - key wouldn't work - had to go back down to lobby with all my bags - at least 5 people in line to check-in so i went to Concierge with no line - the girl there took my key into the back and came back within 5 minutes with it reset. Great.
Had to use the facilities by the time i got in my room - lifted lid and hair on toilet seat and quite a bit on floor of bathroom - also next morning quite a large clump sitting in tub on top of drain. Kind of gross!
Anyway - it wouldn't deter me from staying again just thought the cleaning of the bathroom could have been way better.
June 12, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bruce1355 Old Tired Hotel with very poor service
1. No plug for the Tub, when we called front desk they did not seem to care and we never did get to use the tub
2. We received key to our room and went up in the elevator only to find no room existed called to front desk and they were rude telling me that there were two towers and we had gone up the wrong tower as though I should have known
3. Bathroom Door was very noisy as a result had to leave it open during the night
4. Grill over the bathroom exhaust fan was hanging down from the ceiling
5. One of swivel switch on the table light missing
6. Air conditioning fan was very noisy so either put up with noise, not sleep or be hot
7. Red lights on the phone started flashing at 5 am that woke us up, and it was hotel flashing to tell us invoice was ready, went down to front desk to tell them how disruptive it was and never did anything about turning it off
8. We had to clean the room of dust and dirt behind the TV and other areas that took little extra care to clean
9. Room did not look like a deep cleaning had been done for a very long time
10. Having a drink in the bar around 11 pm with a number of us that were attending conference moved chairs to be able to chat together, bar tender told us we could not move the chairs as a hotel policy most of us got up and left not finishing our drinks
11. I had call twice to make the room reservations and change in arrival dates each time I confirmed with them I required two adjoining rooms, on arrival they did not have information correct and only when I asked about other Hotels in the area to go to did they get a manager out to get us what we had asked for. Did not receive confirmation by email for the room reservation
12. At the banquet dinner which cost me $116.00 the steak was so over done it was dry and tasteless. The desert dishes were actually dropped in front of us without asking what we wanted for desert. No coffee after dinner, and some of the plates were picked up off the table before they finished eating
13. One of the people at our table told them clearly that she could not have sea food on her plate, but the dinners were dropped on the table and we had to sort out who order what and she had to send her meal back as all dinners had shrimp on them. After a very long time she received her meal long time later and ended up finishing her meal while desert was being served
14. Our breakfast buffet ran out of eggs and bacon which took very long time to be refilled and was over stocked with all kinds of muffins and such
15. The staff raced to clean up so they could presumably go home
16. When got my car back from $ 40.00 per day charges it was filthy had to stop on way home at a car wash
17. Week before that had put up one of my clients overnight in the Detroit Air Port Westin Hotel and service; room and everything was wonderful would have rated it a 5 star Hotel
June 20, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pabarrett Staff is special
We had a minor emergency while at the hotel and the staff could not have been better. Michelle Yu took extra strides to make daughter feel better. George from security was kind and patient. We really appreciated the extra effort from the staff.
July 2, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jlm12 Huge disappointment
I have stayed at the Weston Harbour Castle at least 50 times over the past 8 years. It has been over 6 months since my last stay and this one experience has ruined my view of the hotel. I was greeted rudely at the Elite Starwood reception desk. Our room was dank and unwelcoming. After a long day we were exhausted but could not sleep due to the loud whistling air conditioner. I did speak to a manager who was unhelpful and spent the majority of the call making excuses. I'm a Starwood gold member, and I am supposed to get 3:00 checkout. When requested it was refused to me. I would hate to see how they treated a first time guest!
August 15, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Carbar24 Excellent service and comfortable room.
We stay at the Harbour Castle 2-3 times a year. On both of our recent stays November and December 2013 we have no complaints. Check-in has been quick and the staff members courteous and acknowledged our patronage as SPG members. Both David and Carmela took very good care of us at check ins. Upgraded us to lake view rooms and internet. These added touches make our stay even better and make us feel like valued, loyal guests. We have also had drinks at the lobby bar, service again excellent and polite staff. Love the spicy complimentary snacks at the bar. Bellman also courteous and quick. We will continue to choose this location when staying in downtown Toronto .
December 7, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by frequentraveller very tired hotel
This hotel needs a major refurbishment.
The first room I was allocated had a broken safe, the second a bed that creaked & groaned, room air conditioning is unbearably noisy ............
Interiors are dark & dated & the food far from Toronto standard.
The staff are however largely helpful & attentive.
June 30, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Fats Nice Hotel but for the younger crowd. Great View of the lake!
I'm starting to sound like an old man , but the last 2 times we visited the hotel , 80% of the guest were under 25 and hanging in the lobby in the usual bunches . The hotel was surprisingly quiet after the concert so I have to say the hotel did a good job maintaining peace at night.
June 30, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by deepvisual worst service in my career
quite simply the worst service I have ever had in a hotel.
I was checked into the wrong room, so couldn't access the internet.
I then tried for 45 mins to call reception but only got an engaged tone. In the end I went down, queued for ten minutes and finally got dealt with.
except nothing happened. I was told to enter someone else's name, but not how to spell it.
I went downstairs a total of 4 times to complain about the phone not working and each time was promised action which never materialised. On the final time, I made it clear it was the worst hotel I ever stayed in. Still nothing.
The whole time I was polite and patient, but to no avail. Shocking service.
October 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gordonmck Very comfortable
Very clean and comfortable rooms
July 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DennisHouston Great place to stay
The staff, room and service were excellent - couldn't ask for a more comfortable place to stay! Enjoy!
July 2, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by SeanMTX Nice hotel with good location. Too bad the fees are outrageous.
The hotel itself is nice, with good staff and welcoming decor. The rooms were sufficient (my room was very warm, so I had to turn off the AC and open a window).
The main problem I have here is the cost of eating/drinking in the hotel. While I expect to pay a small premium for staying to dine in the hotel, I never expected a $65 CDN bill for 2 breakfasts! Or a $5.65 club soda (out of a gun, not a bottled premium beverage). To add insult to injury, there were no refills on the soda.
I and a colleague had a total of 7 beers, 1 entree and 1 appetizer in the lobby...to the tune of $158CDN. Absolutely outrageous.
March 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by SPGPlatinumMember69 Hotel Needs Facelift
Furniture and carpets need replacing.
Concierge was not very good.
Car was not brought around when the valet was called.
July 1, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Hemmy33 Westin Harbour Castle - November 2012
The overall impression that I had of the facility was positive. The location is great if you want to go for a run by the lake however it is a 15 minute walk to get to any of the action in DT Toronto. My room was tidy however it was in need of some general repairs (paint peeling from the ceiling in the bathroom and the light over the shower did not work which meant you had to prop the door open in order not to shower in the dark). The staff was friendly and accomodating however I left my IPOD in the room and it has been more than 48 hours and still have not received a call from lost and found after leaving 2 messages.
November 7, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by chickie27 this hotel has great features
the view was fantastic, the hotel was clean, the people who worked at the hotel were fantastic how ever i felt this hotel was completely over priced... it could be that it was down town Toronto how ever that is how i felt.
June 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by PhatAl A Great Hotel
My wife and I really did enjoy ourselves while staying at the Westin. The staff was warm and very friendly.
June 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by moncar I always like staying at this hotel
When we were at the Westin Harbour Castle last Sunday, two of our sons also had rooms. We are the only one with a SPG card, and we have Gold status. I was very dissapointed to hear that we paid at least $50.00 more for our room than our sons did. We had requested a room with a comfy chair since my husband sometimes can't sleep in the bed. Is an armchair worth $50.00? The only way we could get this chair was to book a Junioe suite. The only difference between our room and that of our son, Kevin , was the armchair. His room was considerably less and he is not a SPG member. Please tell me what good our gold status is?
May 26, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Demeny First class hotel with an old-world feel
This was a comfortable low-key stay. The staff was invariably courteous, professional, and helpful. Rooms were clean and the views spectacular. Areas that could be improved:
In-room wi-fi is much more expensive than standard US rates. Ouch!
The Toula restaurant is mediocre and the service is poor. Also, the decor is rather tired. Consider finding a new franchisee.
June 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Playacarol Better than expected!
my brief stay at this Westin was positive in all regards- staff were very accommodating to hold my luggage during the day before checking in after my business concluded at 5 pm- rooms very comfortable, bed extremely luxurious..slept on a cloud- and appreciate the black out curtains!..food and bar service were exceptional
June 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chloe08 Great hotel - perfect location
We stayed for one night with our young kids. Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff in the lobby/parking area were very helpful upon arrival. Can't beat the location for downtown attractions like centre island and Ripleys Aquarium.
June 25, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Unhappy Are you kidding?!
We made the huge mistake of booking during March break - no pool or hot tub use available as it was overrun by kiddos.
The add- on fees were astronomical -$17/day for WiFi. What?! $27 for the breakfast buffet that is comparable to the free buffet offered at lesser priced hotels.
We had a couple minor issues that became big problems due to the lack of response by the staff. After a number (5) conversations we were credited 2 nights accommodation - but not really because $800 in charges later we have had to put a stop payment on our visa. Now off the the telephone for more time dealing with the Westin HC's pathetic excuse for customer service.
So much for a relaxing vacation!
March 18, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Luvtrvl Very tired, old, poorly maintained
This is the worst Westin I have ever stayed at and I'm a platinum member. The hotel is in a superior location and has amazing views of Lake Ontario. The hotel is poorly maintained (we had to switch rooms because the first assigned room was dirty and looked like it hadn't been dusted in weeks.). The hallways and rooms are in dire need of painting. The bathrooms are old and very small. The carpet in our "suite" was nasty and shredded near the entrance to bathroom and opening door. The wallpaper was bubbled in places and furniture scraped. Not a good representation for Westin quality. I wouldn't use your suite awards for this place as the room was not of "suite" size nor quality.
August 5, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by LMKW Beautiful Hotel
I stayed for a work conference. The staff was exceptional as was the room and food. It was a beautiful hotel and located right on the harbor.
June 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rollingjones Service in this hotel was excellent
I have stayed in top hotels all over the world so it's a little hard to surprise me but Westin Harbour Castle did just that! From check-in with Sean, who went out of his way to ensure I had a nice room, to the room service which was extremely quick and efficient to the room service menu which had very healthy food. I had a bad cold and really needed a place to stay warm and comfortable for my demanding trip. Not only did I get that but I also had a perfect view of the lake and nourishing food which helped make a tough business trip much better. Thanks to the staff at Westin for being so good at what you do!
February 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by wjp1 One of the very best
Great location, excellent service and friendly staff are the hall marks of a great hotel.
June 26, 2014