Rated 2 out of 5 by LessThanStellar2013 Disappointing experience
Attended conference at this hotel and was surprised to the degree in which hotel did not meet Disney affiliated/Starwood standards. Front desk staff in general were slow, as evident by long lines and no sense of urgency, They were less than hospitable, to the point of smugness. Despite early arrival was not able to occupy room until 5:00pm. Comforter had blood stains from previous guest. It seemed to be an inconvenience to the staff when we asked for replacement bedding and it took a long time for housekeeping deal with it. The automated gate to self parking did not work half the time. Overall, not impressed and would definitely not recommend.
December 4, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Eagle12345 Adequate
First time stay at the Swan. At check in they did not have a king size bed available, As requested during reservation and received confirmation as such. Entered the room to find water in refrigerator, called front desk took 5 minutes to a answer phone. Staff very pleasant and had frig replaced within the hour. Rooms are outdated, but location on resort makes it easy. Room walls are paper thin. First night, baby cried from 3:00 am non stop never heard an adults voice. Got. Up to find the room next to us unblocked and door ajar, called security took 15 minutes to arrive and another 5 minutes shouting through the door no one answered. Not hotels fault! Just sleepless night and 3 more to go!
November 29, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by QueenKK Very Disappointed!
1. $15 for parking?? Disney doesn't charge for parking on their lots, neither should you.
2. Had $100 taken out of my account for "incidentals" and wasn't told that was going to happen! Since it was only an overnight stay I didn't put much money in my account and had to move money over when I couldn't purchase souvenirs that I wanted too, because my card was declined! Thanks for that!
3. Had to pay $20 for 2 bottles of water that I never even drank. The other perks for that $20 were access to internet (free on disney property!) and the spa and gym. WOOOPPPEEEE! One night stay doesn't mean I'm going to any spa or gym since I was barely in my room the entire time for even 10-12 hours. This charge is just bogus! Even if I drank the bottles of water they are $1 a piece! Come on!
4. No family style restaurants in the Swan, you have to walk over to the Dolphin for food since there isn't even a bottle of cold water to buy in the Swan! Yes, they have drinks, but NOT refrigerated drinks! Why not??? Just bizarre.
5. Although I didn't feel it so much, my family that was from out of town and the reason I stayed at the same hotel as them had many complaints about the staff and how rude they were. Very few of them smiled and didn't seem interested in even being friendly.
6. No bar soap in the room. Family also had this complaint, no bar soap in their room either. I checked in very shortly after the housekeeping was in the room I was assigned. In fact her cart was parked and she was just in the next room cleaning. After using the bathroom I found there was no soap! So I used shampoo. Directly afterwards I found the housekeeper and she got me a soap out of the next room because she didn't have any on her cart! So if she didn't have a stocked cart, then that means that most of the rooms on that floor weren't going to have bar soap. Shame really. I didn't leave a tip!
7. Garden Grove. Ate the breakfast buffet. Not very good. The scrambled eggs were still a bit runny, not cooked enough. Their seemed to be NOT enough staff there and the wait staff that was there were definitely over worked. Hard to get refills on drinks, OJ seemed to be a premium item, should be a drink you can serve yourself but is something you have to wait for your waiter to bring to you!?! Danish's etc weren't very good and were kind of stale.
8. Some type of drilling or hammering above my head before 9am!! Not sure if there was remodeling or what going on but someone was drilling or hitting a hammer consistently above my head! What the heck?? If you're doing work in the hotel, don't offer a room directly below the work being done!! If I'd wanted to sleep in, I wouldn't have been able too.
9. The parking even for a handicapped person is so far away from the front door, it's like walking 2 miles to get to your car, with all your luggage etc. I don't have the money to pay for valet everytime. I've never felt overwhelmed walking to a parking lot on a disney property before, the Swan was way too far away for me and didn't help my pain level.
9 reasons I'll never stay at the Swan again. And will never recommend it. Sorry, it's a beautiful place, and I wanted the magic feeling I always get staying on Disney property, no matter what the cost, I most definitely didn't get that while at the Swan, and neither did my family members visiting from PA. They were just as disappointed as I was.
December 3, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by rmbsr12 My Recent stay Experience
I was quite disatified with the overall appreance of the romms my faily stayed in during our thanksgiving Holiday.
I secured 4 rooms during this period and although the front desk did an excellant job with locating 4 rooms together, 3 of the 4 rooms had odor and mildew concerns. The room my wife and I occupied 558 had an industrial fan in the bathroom area used to dry the carpets. and the room smelled musty. Our daughters room smelled like cigeratte smoke and mildew coated the AC vent.
When I went to the front desk and asked to move the front desk clerk said thses were the only rooms available and offered me a free breakfast voucher. So i have rooms that stink and I get a free breakfast. Interseting and no i didnt accept the voucher and yes my daughter was moved the next day.
December 5, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Timmy48 Nothing Special
I have been to the S&D many times over the years and my brother was married there 10 years ago. Thus, it Is sad to see that it has lost its magic. The staff, except the parking attendants, were all terrific. But it is a dated property. The quality of the restaurants is just ok. The rooms while clean are outdated. No one pickups the phone when you call. I am a loyal Starwood customer. But with so many other brands stepping up their presence in the area it's hard to consider coming back.
December 1, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by SwanLoyalist Wonderful Hotel / Not So Wonderful Breakfast
The hotel is wonderful with great amenities, great location, and friendly staff. I have been staying at the Swan since the late 1990s. However, its Garden Grove Restaurant has sadly deteriorated in quality these past few years. The food quality, food preparation, and organization is not what it used to be. Between the food being undercooked, buffet tables not restocked, dirty plates and utensils, very long lines and waits for food, its leaves alot to be desired. However, it is the ONLY negative for the hotel. Hopefully, Hotel Management steps in quickly and gets things turned around at the Garden Grove restaurant. Like I said, my family and have stayed at the Swan since the late 1990s. We are loyal guests hoping for better times at the Swan hotel.
December 10, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Littlebones Maid service and resort Service Package
I was turned off about the maid's service:
I was used the room to be done before noon even in my previous stay was that way, now can be done at 4.30 or 5 pm
I don't understand why she never replaced my water bottles buy herself, I had to call every day for this to be accomplish
and the Resort Service package is a disguise of a higher rate, all the hotel I had been in includes internet, water etc in teh rate not as a separate package that I consider is a hidden higher rate
A can make a reccommendation for you to attract more people: you can set a kosher restaurant or make a deal with any local kosher restaurant for the delivery willll be cheaper, then you let the Jewish organizations of the USA let them know aout and your hotel will be fuller
December 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gnalay Affordable alternative with all the perks
Recently came back from a stay at the Swan Hotel. We had a party of 9, 5 adults 4 kids. I was a little worried being that the Swan was not a "Disney owned" hotel, but it was all for naught. The Swan had all the major amenities as "Disney owned" hotel. We had ferry service to Hollywood Studios and bus service to all the other major parks. The longest we had to wait for transportation was about 40 minutes and that was only because it was a mass exodus at park close. All in all, a good stay.
December 10, 2013