Rated 4 out of 5 by Juan0624 Very Nice
Very good and friendly staff. I been in a few Hotels but so far The Westin has been the best experience. The suit was huge, the bed, the shower, the pillows, well all was great.
July 19, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by FJL0330 Late night was a dud.
Great hotel and the staff were wonderful. Helped arrange either the shuttle or taxi's to get everywhere and reccommended some fantastic loacl spots for food.
We were in for a large conference and only see each other on an annual basis. Shutting the bar area down at midnight really killed the flow.
July 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jerry40 My personal opinion of the "Westin"
PRO:The hotel and its staff were great. Everyone was helpful and friendly.
CON: I was more than a little takenaback by the breakfast buffet price. $36.00 for 2 was a bit rich.
Other than that I was very pleased with the Westin and will definitely stay there again.
July 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by tran5512 Awesome
F&B team rock this time. They checked on our table regularly. Upsell was implemented.
July 14, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by mattalex Fine hotel, but customer service failure
I've stayed at this hotel multiple times, but this last time they accidentally double booked my room. So I'm lying in bed about to go to sleep and someone breaks into my room. We worked it out, but it was disconcerting to say the least. Then when I called the front desk about it, the guy who answered acted didn't acknowledge this was really a problem, like these sort of things just happened. And they forgot my room service one night.
July 9, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ogepilot This hotel has clean rooms, great beds, & Showers.
Booked the room with the understanding I would be getting Rangers tickets. However, the Rangers were not playing. Not much value of booking the Ranger package with NO Ranger game. Should have had a reduced rate or added points.
July 8, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Missy1313 Amenity in room..
The amenity left in the room was nice and I appreciated the recognition but found it odd. There was a shot glass with something that looked like tomato juice and then a martini glass with chocolate covered something. First, the shot glass of liquid was uncovered and at room temperature which I would not have touched. I'd suggest a description of what is being left and definitely less perishable. I would have preferred a simple bowl of whole fruit.
Great meal in the restaurant!!
July 3, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Rick8 a few minor problems
long line at check in, 3 staff checking peple in, but the SPG desk was doing everybody so there was no fast-track for SPG members.
When I received my bill, slid under my door during the night, I was double charged for my room. Had to deal with it at check out with a staff member so could not do a quick drop off the key and go.
At check in I asked about the shuttle to the airport, was told it is every 20 minutes starting on the hour. In the morning I was told it was every 30 minutes. It was 11:10, thought I was going to wait 10 minutes, did not want to wait 20, so took a $18 cab to the airport.
Problem seems to be with the front desk staff. Other than that, great room, very clean. The burger from room service was huge, enough for 2, and delicious.
December 2, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by mlnj going downhill
I have been going to this hotel for 4 years at least once or twice a month on business. It is going downhill
1. Free internet in room is useless as signal everywhere stinks
2. There is Never enough staff at the bar
3. Why is there NO cell phone signal int this hotel, they can't pay for simple repeaters?
December 17, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by artgough81 A Quiet Comfortable Stay for our Family
We were one of what seemed to be a limited number of guests with children, but instead of it making us feel awkward, we felt very welcomed by all of the staff, Our stay was quiet and comfortable which is just what we needed. The room was perfect for us, with comfortable beds, a quiet air conditioner and plenty of space for our things. I deeply enjoyed my stay here at the Westin and would be happy to stay here again when I am in the area.
July 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by cbossi Great Hotel Bad Location
I loved the hotel, room, staff but left in the middle of no where to go to dinner. If you wanted to eat you had to stay at the hotel or go across the street to Denny's
July 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by cutodd66 Nice staff and comfortable rooms
Overall I was happy with the hotel. Front desk was professional and the hotel was maintained and clean.
My one gripe--TV selections did not include MSNBC . (FOX NEWS was unfortunately available) The addition of MSNBC to the cable TV selection would have made the stay much better. Thank you
July 2, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Casualvisitor14 Very nice hotel with excellent staff
My only problem was that I called to reserve a refrigerator and it was given away to someone else, which kind of missed the point of reserving it. The staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good but pricey. Very nice accomodations. Requested room on lower floor & request was accommodated.
July 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by okiememe JW International conv.
Everything was great! Check in and check out very fast. Excellent staff! Very comfortable rooms. Thanks for taking care of us.
July 2, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by JaR10 disappointed
I was surprised and disappointed that there were no refrigerators in the rooms. The room was nice, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was a bit small. Staff was very nice. Also, I was disappointed that there were no microwaves. Not suitable for our needs. Also there is an unexplained charge on my bill which I need to find out about
June 30, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by HDKVEHICLES NO REST
Those of us who travel and count on a good night rest and a good meal should be aware the construction noise which starts at 6 AM goes all day so forget the rest. If you have to come in late nights be prepared for a short breakbefore the noise starts. For all who want a good meal go elsewhere service is just not there extra long waits when you finally get someone and you will never see them again and you will have to chase someone down just to pay the bill and i am not talking about a buzy time of day.
Just not up to the starwood quality you find elsewhere.The Check in with Christine was the most pleasant part of staying there
November 9, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by SunilK Airport proximity
Airport proximity plus good food and good comfort.
July 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Steve622 Great staff at this hotel
The staff at the Irving Westin is second to none. I was welcomed at the front door by a shuttle driver. He offered to help me with my bags; I wasn't a shuttle passenger. The front desk staff is outstanding - I arrived at the hotel at the same time as about eight other guests. The staff at the desk was welcoming and took their time with each guest. The line dissipated in no time. I passed a maintenance worker in the hall who greeted me an offered me assistance throughout my stay. I would come back to this hotel just for the service I received. The actual hotel is first rate as well lovely clean rooms, a welcoming lobby, great breakfast and a resturant on site - wonderful for the weary traveler arriving late in the evening.
June 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by BobCtravels Always a predictable experience
I've stayed at this Westin 10 times over last 5 years for work meetings. Always a great experience.
June 30, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by adub14 Too much noise!
The entrance of the hotel plays mucisc that is much too loud! If you stay on the entrance side of the building all you can hear is the bass of whatever music is playing until fairly late into the night. As a business traveler, it is important that I am able to do work in my room at night, and I, along with the rest of my team, find the music to be much too loud.
June 27, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by JennO Great business hotel
This hotel has friendly, responsive staff, comfortable, clean, modern rooms, and top-rate exercise equipment in a spotless workout facility with views of a rooftop pool.
In short, it's perfect for business travel.
June 26, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by dhrSPG Nice room, bad food
Beds are comfy, showers nice and firm, but the food is lacking.
June 27, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Triciah3465 Good but not great
The hotel is a little worn and does not pay too much attention to details. The rooms are clean and well appointed but the lamp shades are crooked and loose, the curtain was coming off the rod. Little things that add up and make it seem like there is minimal care.
June 25, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by LCNYC123 Was Disappointed. Not on par w/ other Westins.
Was disappointed with this stay.
* Called them for shuttle upon arrival to DFW. Was told to go down the escalator to the courtesy van area and would be 20 minute wait max. After 30 minutes of waiting, kept calling. I was upset that it was cold and no one at the hotel said to stay inside prior to van arrival (they should do that - tell customers to stay inside when it's cold and will call upon arrival) and that the shuttle was late. Finally, I got sick and tired of waiting.... called hotel back to complain. Rep was nice enough to say to take a taxi and hotel would comp it. The taxi (for the 2 miles from DFW to hotel) was $23! Crazy high taxi prices in Dallas.
* Was upgraded into a suite due to SPG status. That was nice. However, the bed in the room was awful. Had a long day and just wanted to go to bed and the heavenly bed was disgusting. The bottom sheet was a gross polyster mix with fuzzballs on it and not the normal starched 100% cotton sheet. To top off the disgusting sheet - I found 3 hairs on the sheet THAT WEREN'T MINE! Gross. I was so disgusted that I started to sleep on the couch.
* I then decided that I shouldn't have to sleep on the couch and called the front desk for a room transfer.
* Was transferred to another room and the rep told me she'd bring me a new key to the new floor I would be on.
* After waiting an eternity and no one showing up, finally went down to front desk to get a new key.
* Was greeted by rude representative at front desk. She was like "Have you told the manager about this problem?" I was like "Um, no. I reported it to the front desk. It's your job to report these incidents to the manager. Not mine". She gave me a key, but didn't have a smile on her face or anything like that. As I was up since 4am that day and needed to get up at 4am the next day, I was in no mood to deal with the rep's attitude.
* New room was fine. It was a bigger suite. However, I forgot to bring my hotel slippers so I inadvertently walked on the hotel carpet in bare feet. Normally that would be fine, except there was this gigantic wet spot in the carpet leading to the bathroom. Gross. I can only imagine was the wet spot was from. Actually, I don't want to imagine since I stepped on it in my bare feet. :(
* Next morning was fine. The shuttle to DFW worked out well and the driver was nice. That was probably the highlight of my stay.
* Overall, would not stay here again. One bad experience would have been okay - but it was problem after problem at the hotel during a short overnight stay. Too many to handle.
* A Westin should not be riddled with so many issues. Would NOT recommend at all.
December 14, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by jetski777 Needs Updating
The popcorn ceilings say this hotel was built a long time ago and it could use some updating. For example its difficult to find a power outlet in the room, behind the bed, a chair or a desk. In today's connected world, being able to charge a laptop, tablet or cell phone is a given for travelers. Update the desk and nightstand lamps to have power outlets on their base would be a very good and inexpensive update.
June 18, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by leejeffrey Needs some improvement
Stayed at the Westin DFW for the Skyball event this past weekend. Airport shuttle pickup took over an hour from the time we called until the time we arrived at the hotel. No one was manning the SPG check-in desk when we arrived so we waited in line with everyone else. Got to the room and the outside lock took 10-15 key swipes to get the lock to open. Basically, the light would come on, but the lock would not release. While this was reported to the front desk, it continued to happen for the duration of our stay. The shower leaked water and could use some maintenance. The breakfast was mediocre. There appeared to be a station on the corner set up for eggs or pancakes, but it was never manned. The items were not replaced consistently as we notice more than one empty container. I will stay elsewhere next time.
October 7, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Smity1977 DISAPPOINTING
STAYED AT THIS HOTEL SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE WHEN IN DALLAS FOR BUSINESS AND PLAY, BUT THIS WAS MY MOST DISAPPOINTING STAY. CHECKED IN MY ROOM ON A FRIDAY, KEPT FINDING HAIRS (NOT MY OWN) THROUGHOUT THE ROOM, EVEN IN MY BED. CALLED DOWN TO THE CONCEIRGE SATURDAY MORNING TO MAKE MNGT AWARE AND WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE FIXED DURING THAT DAYS HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE. LEFT FOR THE MORNING AND AFTERNOON AND RETURNED TO THE ROOM SAT. EVENING, AND THE SAME HAIRS WERE THROUGHOUT THE ROOM AND THE BED. LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THE ROOM WAS MINIMALLY CLEANED. I CERTAINLY EXPECT MORE AS A PLATINUM MEMBER BUT WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. I WILL THINK ABOUT A DIFFERENT PROPERTY NEXT TIME IN DFW.
May 23, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by CowboysFan Nice hotel; need minor improvements
The Westin was nice overall. Rooms were comfortable. Problems I encountered was one of the two suites I reserved was not cleaned at 6 pm. Also the noise level from the hallways, freeway and surrounding bathroom was a little annoying.
November 16, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jules007 very disappointed
I'm not sure where to begin but here goes:
1) I was happy to be on the 15th floor I thought wow, I will have a great view. When I got to my room I opened the curtains and half of the window was so dirty on the outside and streaked it was pointless to look out. Apparently the water had alsobeen leaking inside because the carpet had old water stains along with the drapes and the ceiling. The window was nasty inside and out.
2)I was there for 3 nights. Would you like to guess how many times housekeeping came to my room? The answer is none.
3. I am a heavy sleeper and spend one to two nights at hotels every week so I am used to "hotel noise" but I was unable to make it even one of the nights without being woke up by either loud guests or road noise.
4) I ordered room service the first night there and my food was cold, with soggy bread and the wrong dressing. The dessert was very good though.
5. I had an in room massage, first of all the times listed for massages say until 9pm but it is apparently only until 7 pm. The front desk told the masseuse the wrong room so she was late. There was no CD music played like the website lists, only the loud hum of traffic passing by. I do have to say the masseuse did a very good job.
6. When I checked in I asked for a late check out since my conference ended at noon on check out day. I was told that was not an option so on break I ran up to my room grabbed my stuff and checked out before noon. Only to find out one of my friends and multiple others got a late check out.
The bathroom was tiny and there was rust stains running down from the support bar. Also weirdly one of the pictures was missing from the room, just empty hooks on the wall.
As I said, I stay in hotels very often and in rooms that cost half as much and are a great experience. I was very disappointed on so many levels. Next time I stay in the Dallas area I will not stay here. I obviously paid a premium for a hotel name not a quality hotel.
May 5, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Fischgreg Noisy sleepless nights
I stayed on the 4th floor. I coule hear every vehicle that went by in the parking lot outside. I could hear everyone in the hallway, even when they were not being loud. Because the 4th floor has an open balcony to the lobby, I could actually hear people in the lobby. Finally, each morning, there was a loud vibrating noise that woke me up. I'm assuming it was some water pipes. Very frustrated and tired.
Overall, the hotel was nice, clean and the staff was friendly. If it was not for the noise, my experience and rating would be better.
February 15, 2012