Rated 5 out of 5 by Annie58UK Fantastic Hotel in Great Location
Stayed at the Westin Xian for 3 nights in April with my niece. Great location as it is directly opposite the Big Wildgoose Pagoda and a good international shopping mall.
Can definately recommend upgrading to a Club Room as the breakfast and happy hour in the Executive Club was excellent.
The concierge staff were fantastic (especially Martin and Leo) and helped us arrange a Terracotta Army tour and a dinner show.
Will definately stay here again when in Xian.
May 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by aalkindir One of the best properties in China
Good service, nice surrounding, great room view (Big Wild Goose Tower), an excellent choice of hotel to stay in Xian, China.
November 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joe0522 A new amazing westin in Xian
The building is new and really amazing.
The lobby is cool and well decorated.
Room is cool,and I love the coffee and fruits they prepared.
It's little bit pity that my room is near some big machine.The engine start shouting every 30mins from 2:00PM until I check out.
The front girl is nice and kept saying sorry as I told her about the situation.
March 2, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by HankUSA This hotel has a bad services and constrution all around
This hotel has is in great location and nice design. Unfortunately, for some reason it is construction very where and the staffs are rude.
March 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lei711 great hotel, very friendly staff and surprisingly good services
I just completed my 28 nights at the Westin Xi'an. I would like to highlight some of the best moments during my stay.
1. I travel to Xi'an for business with a group of colleague, booking directly with the hotel to ensure we have a better rate. The booking process was quite smooth and we managed to have the own team of 5 booked really quite. Elisha has supported us all the way. I would like to thank her for her great support before and during my stay.
2. The besting thing about this hotel is "the location", when you open your window (have to be a room facing north), you would directly see the big wild goose pagoda in front of you, very nice view, but it might be a little bit noise in the very early morning as there might be some trucks coming by.
3. The hotel itself, in term of the architecture, the whole facility is so just amazing. Not a very typical Westin I would say, but a really Xi'an (old China) Westin. The arrangement is in a very Chinese way, mirror, balance, etc. you would understand it when you really visit this facility. The lobby bar is a great one, but Xi'an doesn't really have a cocktail culture, so, do expect a good cocktail from that bar, tea is better.
3. Gym and the swimming pool is on the -1 floor, 25m times 5m, sometimes I can be very crowded if there are kids in the pool. Gym is very small, but also go most of the things.
4. Executive lounge is great, I know Christian, and Jack, I think, they have been provide us with great support during the open hours. Happy hour can be very happy, I happened to have my birthday during my stay, hotel provided a complementary 6 inches cake, it mean definitely more than a cake. Hotel also treat the long stay guest very good, we went to see Chang Hen Ge (A song with eternal sorrows) in Hua Qing Chi. Excellent show, very enjoyable.
4. The hotel management was quite open, and we actually provided with some improvement comments, seemly like the services improve significantly during my stay.
5. The signature concierge services is just excellent.
I would recommend this hotel to both business travellers and people come to Xi'an for vacations. One thing you need to know is that taxi in Xi'an is not easy to get, but concierge can provide great support for this. One of the taxi actually found my lost cellphone and mail it back to my office, I would say it's more because of the support from the concierge.
July 19, 2013