Rated 5 out of 5 by Annie58UK Fantastic Hotel in Great Location
Stayed at the Westin Xian for 3 nights in April with my niece. Great location as it is directly opposite the Big Wildgoose Pagoda and a good international shopping mall.
Can definately recommend upgrading to a Club Room as the breakfast and happy hour in the Executive Club was excellent.
The concierge staff were fantastic (especially Martin and Leo) and helped us arrange a Terracotta Army tour and a dinner show.
Will definately stay here again when in Xian.
May 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Michael71 Best choice in Xi'an, China
The Westin hotel in Xi'an is the best choice for me when I travel to X'an.
May 26, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Torch2014 Heat rises to 5th floor
We wre part of a primier tour group and got rooms on the 5th floor. Well, heat rises and we could never get the room to cool down. It was unseasonably warm this time of the year. Thermostats in the hall ways were all 28 or 29 degree celcius. Complained to hotel and they tried to fix with no success. They did offer to move us, but we were there only 2 nights and did not want to pack up.
Ask for lower floors if hot weather. Lower floor thermostats registered around 21 degrees.
May 1, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Golfchina This hotel rooms need renovation work
Room conditions did not meet our expectation at all. Bad smell and poor air conditioning system. Definitely needs improvement work.
May 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sheng Beautiful site in Xi'an
Stayed one nt with family. Good location with very creative hotel design to coordinate between Westin brand and surrounding culture.
100% comfortable bed and nice standing shower.
Very warmed and professtional welcome by Ms.Apple at desk, she is excellent service star!!! But check-out is not that smooth and friendly as check-in !
But only one disppointed point is that lots of lost hair in sauna room looked nasty.
April 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by RobertB Gorgeous hotel, great location
This hotel is stunningly beautiful. It's a bit spread out so distance from reception to room can be a little bit of a walk but we didn't find that to be a problem. Platinum recognition was fabulous. The lounge was very well furnished and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent with many made to order items. The hotel is located in a great neighborhood for tourists. We took a hotel car to the terracota warriors museum which was a great choice; comfortable car with an excellent (read:calm) driver. Suite was huge and quiet. we slept perfectly. we didn't have time to use the spa or pool but we took a look anyway and were very impressed. i wish we had had time to use them.
December 23, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vincos Like No Other Westin I Have Ever Experienced…in a Good Way!
OVERALL IMPRESSION: Exceptional in every way. The physical beauty of the property is exceptional as is the setting directly in front of the Wild Goose Pagoda.
SPG RECOGNITION: Amongst the best ever. Upgraded to a simply magnificent suite - I want to live in an apartment like that! Courtesies at every turn. Special Welcomes by various managers. We were made to feel like true VIPs.
THE ROOM: Chic and elegant. Filled with beautiful art. Fronting on the view of the Wild Goose Pagoda with two huge balconies. The epitome of new Asian style - as is the whole hotel: high design but with a Chinese vernacular.
LOCATION: Far from the chaotic centre of town - and that is a very good thing - across from the Wild Goose Pagoda. This hotel is part of a brand-new development with lovely shops, restaurants and entertainment. The lights show in the evening is phenomenal.
EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS: Upon arrival we were sought out and greeted by the Dutch FO manager and when he offered his expertise, I asked about cooking lessons in Xi’an. He told us he would get back to us and I assumed I would not hear from him again but when we came down in the evening, seemingly the entire staff was on ready alert to arrange for us a private cooking lesson on property. What ensued was one of the most beautiful experiences I have ever had in any hotel in thirty+ years in the travel industry: a private room was set-up with a demonstration kitchen and FIVE chefs to teach my partner and I, in a hands-on lesson, the art of Chinese noodles. All as a gift to us from the hotel. Extraordinary and unforgettable!
There is a private Museum of Chinese Painting in the basement of the hotel for which we were presented complimentary tickets. I received a private tour by the curator herself and it was fascinating.
DID NOT MEET EXPECTATIONS: We were in constant awe so this is hardly applicable.
ONE THING TO KNOW: I really don’t think there is comparable lodging anywhere else in Xi’an…and I certainly wouldn’t bother to waste the time looking.
January 21, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ben2012 Best new hotel in town
Probably the newest 5-star hotel in town, located right in the center of town. Great views of the Wild Goose Pagoda across the street, with nice restaurants and bars within walking distance.
The design and decor of the hotel are consistent with the Westin brand, yet has its unique local flavor.
Overall, I had a very enjoyable stay. The only area for improvement is that the lighting in the hotel was very dim in general. Especially in the rooms, I would suggest more adequate lighting.
Very nice service and club floor lounge.
May 6, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joe0522 A new amazing westin in Xian
The building is new and really amazing.
The lobby is cool and well decorated.
Room is cool,and I love the coffee and fruits they prepared.
It's little bit pity that my room is near some big machine.The engine start shouting every 30mins from 2:00PM until I check out.
The front girl is nice and kept saying sorry as I told her about the situation.
March 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by aalkindir One of the best properties in China
Good service, nice surrounding, great room view (Big Wild Goose Tower), an excellent choice of hotel to stay in Xian, China.
November 26, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by HankUSA This hotel has a bad services and constrution all around
This hotel has is in great location and nice design. Unfortunately, for some reason it is construction very where and the staffs are rude.
March 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lei711 great hotel, very friendly staff and surprisingly good services
I just completed my 28 nights at the Westin Xi'an. I would like to highlight some of the best moments during my stay.
1. I travel to Xi'an for business with a group of colleague, booking directly with the hotel to ensure we have a better rate. The booking process was quite smooth and we managed to have the own team of 5 booked really quite. Elisha has supported us all the way. I would like to thank her for her great support before and during my stay.
2. The besting thing about this hotel is "the location", when you open your window (have to be a room facing north), you would directly see the big wild goose pagoda in front of you, very nice view, but it might be a little bit noise in the very early morning as there might be some trucks coming by.
3. The hotel itself, in term of the architecture, the whole facility is so just amazing. Not a very typical Westin I would say, but a really Xi'an (old China) Westin. The arrangement is in a very Chinese way, mirror, balance, etc. you would understand it when you really visit this facility. The lobby bar is a great one, but Xi'an doesn't really have a cocktail culture, so, do expect a good cocktail from that bar, tea is better.
3. Gym and the swimming pool is on the -1 floor, 25m times 5m, sometimes I can be very crowded if there are kids in the pool. Gym is very small, but also go most of the things.
4. Executive lounge is great, I know Christian, and Jack, I think, they have been provide us with great support during the open hours. Happy hour can be very happy, I happened to have my birthday during my stay, hotel provided a complementary 6 inches cake, it mean definitely more than a cake. Hotel also treat the long stay guest very good, we went to see Chang Hen Ge (A song with eternal sorrows) in Hua Qing Chi. Excellent show, very enjoyable.
4. The hotel management was quite open, and we actually provided with some improvement comments, seemly like the services improve significantly during my stay.
5. The signature concierge services is just excellent.
I would recommend this hotel to both business travellers and people come to Xi'an for vacations. One thing you need to know is that taxi in Xi'an is not easy to get, but concierge can provide great support for this. One of the taxi actually found my lost cellphone and mail it back to my office, I would say it's more because of the support from the concierge.
July 19, 2013