Rated 5 out of 5 by RockingStar Excellent - all around
Great service & hospitality. Excellent rooms and SPG recognition. Food is very good. Rahul at Kangan takes good care of guests and Chef Shamsher & Chef Mata make wonderful delicacies. Ms. Reshma Godbole who heads Guest Relations takes personal initiative to check with guest about their stay proactively, and it wonderful having breakfast with her on 2nd Aug 2014. The level of service and hospitality is great & continuously enhancing guest experience.
August 4, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Archit Dinner at Prego
Had a very bad experience at Prego.
1. I was asked for water and I see a bottle of water being opened on the table for which I was ultimately charged
2. We called for a risotto verdure and asked the waiter to add some mushroom. Without informing us that there would be any extra charge he added 100 rupees to our bill.
3. The risotto was undercooked, and the vegetables were definitely not fresh. Can feel the acid attack 2 hours after the meal.
August 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bapi No need to book any other hotel
This is my 3rd stay in this property . Every thing was perfect as usual that's why expataction increased without any compromising . Lovely saty . Breakfast in 18 th floor & Spa in 4th floor (specially thanks to miss Zara, the therapist ) till now in my mind . This time the was amesing due to heavy rain fall . I enjoy a lot from my room through floor to ceiling glass without noise .
July 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ARL2014 Wonderful Stay
I has a wonderful stay at the Westin Mumbai. I was there for a total of 6 weeks and i can't fault the staff. The restaurnts were excellent with a great choice, the facilities met my expectations.
July 28, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by CH223162 Lifts
The secuity check at lift seems not working well, also very often we have to wait long for the lift and also the light (indicate which lift is coming) will change while we are waiting.
July 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jeff6 Great Experience
The hotel was absolutely phenomenal and my stay was a true pleasure. The staff were exceptionally friendly and responsive, making sure that my two week stay was as enjoyable as possible.
July 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by TanyaDE MRS
This was my second stay at Westin Hotel. The service, comfort and standards are consistant if not enhanced. In summary...Westin will always be my choice when I'm in Mumbai....be it for business or leisure.
July 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by djstocko One of the best
Just returned from my 4th stay at this hotel. Excellent position very close to the Exhibition Center, but not too close to the main city center.
Being an SPG elite status, I was once again upgraded to a suite, which is just perfect. Large living area, and what can you say about the "Westin Heavenly Bed", except that its just Heavanly.
Staff are very professional, not intrusive, but are there when needed.
The Spa itself deserves top marks. Absolutely Heavenly again. Very well equipped gym, and pool area.
March 20, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gary2014 Positive Experience
We started our week and a half business trip to India at the Westin Mumbai Garden City, moved hotels in Delhi (Westin) and in Candigarh then back to the Westin Mumbai Garden City. The spa was a perfect place for relaxation and de-stressing after long hours of road trip. Food was great. The staff was very attentive. Varsha and Amol took care of my meeting needs on the last day.
July 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by nrja Wow experience!!
They upgraded me to a large suite with floor to roof windows, best views of Mumbai. The suite was the largest I have seen at any Westins, huge sectonal sofa, dining area, seperate bedroom and large bathroom as big as a normal large hotel room.
I still can not believe how well the suite was laid out, and I will be forever amazed at the room and Service offered.
July 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by StationaryTraveller I went to India No.1 of the SPG 12 - Fantastic hotel
Fantastic Room Condition
Fantastic hotel food
Privilege Card Valid
Hotel staff very friendly
Fantastic club lounge
I spent 5 nights at this hotel
I strongly recommend this hotel
October 22, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by Vkalra22 I like Westin mumbai for great comfort!!
I love everything about Westin mumbai - room, comforts, food, staff's warmth. One feedback- staff's response is delayed & erratic sometimes in house keeping and during breakfast.
July 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Niyati Too good
Everything was very good, a pleasant experience.
July 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Prabu Friendly Staff
All the staff as very friendly and quick in response. Feel very comfort.
July 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ARL2014 Wonderful Stay
I have had a wonderful stay at the Westin Mumbai, i couldn't ask for more from the staff who have looked after me over the 4 weeks i ahve been here.
Food is amazing too, great selection and everything is delicious!
July 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Amitp2010 Feel At Home
The is no doubt its an excellent property , but i whenever i visit Mumbai i always feel like coming here because you people take care of me . All small need which make the difference . Right from choice of New Paper to Choice of Pillows , bed is on record , and before my arrival everything is taken care off , so i just feel like home here . I seen hotels which fall on services when they are over booked , but never seen with them .
July 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by rakeshg one of the best hotel
one of the best hotel i stay only minus thing is timing of breakfast it should be extended to be minimum 11.30 a.m
July 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DT14 Staff
Staff for conference and in the restaurants are ALL excellent! Great initiative esp. the young gentleman who supported us in the meeting room.
July 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Garry1968 First Time
First time in Mumbai, Great hotel really made my stay amazing
July 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by RockingStar Great food and service at Kangan
One of the best restaurants for authentic Indian Food. A must try is Nalli Nihari and Dal Kangan - Chef Shamsher Ahmed's masterly culinary skills churn out great delicacies. And Rahul who manages Kangan ensures that you don't miss home - he pampers you and suggests delicacies to each guest. Rahul's great hospitality and customer service delivers a delightful customer experience. Cheers!
June 27, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Savio Good hardware let down by service failures
I've stayed at the Westin 4 times in the last year. Based on my previous stays, I've give it four stars, but based on my last stay in August, I'd give it three stars. I've dropped that down to two stars for really poor service recovery. I've provided my feedback to the hotel GM via email and in person to duty managers, but after four weeks, I've gotten no reply or acknowledgement from the GM at all. I'll reproduce my feedback below:
I should have been at the Westin Mumbai this week, but I cancelled several weeks of upcoming stays there because of an unsatisfactory stay 11-18 August.
First, the good stuff. I do like the Westin - I've stayed there four times in the last year, and based on my first three stays I would have highly recommended the hotel. I do like the large rooms, the heavenly bed and the gym, and the food at breakfast, in the restaurants and room service is excellent. But this last stay just left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
1. I very much appreciate that on this last stay, I was upgraded on checkin to an Executive Club room. I know as a mere Starwood Gold (at that time, I am now Platinum), I wouldn't normally be upgraded to the club floor, but in this case I was told as my King bed preference wasn't available, I had been upgraded to the club floor to make up for the 2 single beds. Unfortunately, when I did finally visit the lounge during evening cocktails on the 15th, one of the staff told me after I'd been served a drink that as I'd been upgraded to the club floor and hadn't orginally booked it, I would be charged for the drinks. I was very embarrased to be told this in front of two other tables of guests watching, and left the lounge immediately after finishing that drink. I may not be the most frequest Starwood customer, but I've stayed more than 1000 hotel nights in the last 10 years and have never encountered such an embarrasing event before. If there is no lounge access, a club room is no different to a regular deluxe room. It was only when I gathered my thoughts later, saw on the SPG App that my reservation clearly showed "Executive Lounge access" that I mentioned my disappointment to the duty manager. The duty manager that evening apologized, and promised to credit some Starwood points into my account for the inconvenience and embarassment, but its been 4 weeks now and I haven't seen any such points in my account.
2. On the 17th, I visited the Heavenly Spa for a massage treatment to relax myself after a long week at work. While the treatment and the therapist itself were excellent, the head cushion of the massage table left two deep creases across my forehead which I only noticed when I get back to my room. Hardly the best look to wear just before heading out to an important dinner. It took me 20 minutes of massaging my own forehead to reduce the creases, leaving me more stressed after the treatment than before, and resulting in a ache around that area the next day. This sort of thing just wouldn't happen in a professional spa.
3. While the Westin website showed a price of 4800+tax for the spa treatment when I booked it, I was charged something like 5200+tax for it. When I mentioned to the spa manager, I don't think he quite got what I was trying to tell him, and offered a 15% discount "as you are a hotel guest" without quite recognising the issue. The website still shows the 4800 price a month later, so clearly nothing has changed. Its not the money - its the principle that you charge the price you advertise.
4. On one of the days, I came back late in the evening and found out my laundry bag was no longer in the room. It turns out that someone had taken it to the laundry without asking me. It took about half an hour to trace it back - not something one wants to do at 11pm when all one wants is to sleep. And they hadn't even washed any of the clothes, because one of the t-shirts had a stain, something that I normally note when I fill up the laundry slip, but they didn't really wait for me to do that, did they?
5. I know the hotel has a policy of not allowing auto-rickshaws to come into the premises because it is a mixed use building. I wish they would reconsider that. If one shows a hotel key card, surely one can be allowed to take the auto rickshaw till the lobby? I had to walk up from the gate in the dark, slipped on the wet pavement and nearly sprained my ankle.
I know this looks like a long list of complaints, but some of these things just shouldn't happen. I'm not the type to rant and say I will never return to your hotel. I will stay at the Westin when its convenient to where I need to go (because location does matter a lot in Mumbai), but I'm sorry to say that it will no longer be my preferred hotel in the suburbs.
September 22, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by FranzJF AC System
AC System in my room was impossible to adjust air flow (# 2701). Only increase of temperature but continously same strong air flow was supplied.
June 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by carian stay
Had an excellent stay at your hotel, Keep up the good work.
July 1, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Dev01 Truly a Sad Experience
Brickbats:1. My luggage did not arrive in my room no 2507 for 55 minutes inspite of three reminders and two confirmations by the lady at the Express Service and finally I had to go down and collect it myself. 2. Next morning at 8 AM the housekeeping decided to ring the door bell thrice to hand over the morning news paper and when i did not open the door they simply walked in..weird..never seen this in a 5 star hotel. The express service was neither "express" nor "service" . I decided to check out after 1 night itself curtailing my stay with great inconvinience.
March 23, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by RaiSushant Every morning a great morning..
The view from the rooms with Windows facing the east and South are awesome at sunrise.. Also, from the restaurant on the 18th.. Wow..
The comfort and facilities in the rooms are superb..
The SuperFoods that are on offer for breakfast make the day that much better..
June 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by WNDMEUP My First Two Weeks in Mumbai
After having stayed in four different 5 Star hotels in Mumbai, two of which should be reclassified as a 4 Star or less, we decided to spend our last 6 days in Mumbai at the Westin Hotel. We had selected this hotel due to its close proximity to the Express Way, the Airport and the lush greenery which surrounds the hotel. From our first day we were warmly welcomed by the staff and the Hotel Management Team, making us feel right at home. The hotel staff goes out of their way to ensure all your requests are attended to in a timely manner. The food outlets, especially the Indian Restaurant on the 18th floor, has some of the best Indian food I have tasted on this visit and great views of the city. The room service menu is excellent and one of the best we have seen from any other hotel in Mumbai. The 24 hour gym has excellent state of the art equipped and the pool is clean and well maintained. All in all, this hotel is an Oasis from all the sights and sounds in Mumbai, and a well run establishment that truly deserves its 5 Stars. Thank you to Mr. Anuraag Bhatnagar and his entire Team in making our stay memorable and we can’t wait to come back for some of Chef Ajay’s cuisine.
June 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by atu9 One of the best hotel
Very good, courteous staff, superb food and good hospitality by staff
June 30, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Matt Service Express Staff Responsiveness & Laundry Service Quality needs improvement
Have stayed in this hotel a couple of times. Most of the times have found the Service Express Staff less courteous and lacking empathy. The laundry staff messed my suit trouser during pressing and there was no apology offered when I bought it to the notice of the Service Express team. The following day a suit which I had given for dry cleaning reached me with the shine on it having vanished and the button colors faded. Thus I lost an excellent suit to some poor laundry service. So please be aware of these 2 aspects when you plan a stay at this hotel.
January 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Vijay68 Superb Service
Good business and leisure hotel. Superb ambience and warmth.
June 20, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by AmanKK Staff Customer Service Very Poor
From check in to check out everything was handled very poorly.
We received Smoking room when I had specifically requested non-smoking.
Someone else's luggage was delivered to me and mine to someone else's room.
During a meeting in the lounge we asked what snack could be served quickly, we were given several options and when asked how long would the order take, we were told 45 MIN (if that is quick for the hotel, I don't know what is late). Two teas were ordered, one with sugar and one without, both received with sugar and that too 40 minutes after ordering.
On the day of check out we asked for bell boy to come collect luggage, we waited 25 minutes and when no one came, we carried our own luggage, upon inquiring we were told that the message to the bell desk did not reach.
Whole stay transferred to another account even though we just wanted to pay from a different credit card, lost on SPG points.
Never will I recommend anyone to stay in the hotel!!
January 24, 2014