Rated 5 out of 5 by bobbishot Most efficient Hotel I have ever stayed
Would have to be the most perfectly operated hotel I have experienced in all aspects and would love to return should I have any business in Mumbai in the future
Perfect staff and service i could not fault
Thank You….. it makes a difference!
September 2, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by MrWeir Terrible
Terrible. 5 rooms booked, arrived at after 16 hrs of travel at 2am, only 1 room was ready. To be told 1 hour later they could only arrange 3 out of the 5 rooms we booked, 2 of our business party had to share 1 room, the other 2 guests had to share a suite with a camp bed in the living room. Staff were polite, but couldn't resolve the issue Not what you would expect from the SPG, I'm returning on the 30.08.2014, I hope to have a better experience.
August 28, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Savio Good hardware let down by service failures
I've stayed at the Westin 4 times in the last year. Based on my previous stays, I've give it four stars, but based on my last stay in August, I'd give it three stars. I've dropped that down to two stars for really poor service recovery. I've provided my feedback to the hotel GM via email and in person to duty managers, but after four weeks, I've gotten no reply or acknowledgement from the GM at all. I'll reproduce my feedback below:
I should have been at the Westin Mumbai this week, but I cancelled several weeks of upcoming stays there because of an unsatisfactory stay 11-18 August.
First, the good stuff. I do like the Westin - I've stayed there four times in the last year, and based on my first three stays I would have highly recommended the hotel. I do like the large rooms, the heavenly bed and the gym, and the food at breakfast, in the restaurants and room service is excellent. But this last stay just left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
1. I very much appreciate that on this last stay, I was upgraded on checkin to an Executive Club room. I know as a mere Starwood Gold (at that time, I am now Platinum), I wouldn't normally be upgraded to the club floor, but in this case I was told as my King bed preference wasn't available, I had been upgraded to the club floor to make up for the 2 single beds. Unfortunately, when I did finally visit the lounge during evening cocktails on the 15th, one of the staff told me after I'd been served a drink that as I'd been upgraded to the club floor and hadn't orginally booked it, I would be charged for the drinks. I was very embarrased to be told this in front of two other tables of guests watching, and left the lounge immediately after finishing that drink. I may not be the most frequest Starwood customer, but I've stayed more than 1000 hotel nights in the last 10 years and have never encountered such an embarrasing event before. If there is no lounge access, a club room is no different to a regular deluxe room. It was only when I gathered my thoughts later, saw on the SPG App that my reservation clearly showed "Executive Lounge access" that I mentioned my disappointment to the duty manager. The duty manager that evening apologized, and promised to credit some Starwood points into my account for the inconvenience and embarassment, but its been 4 weeks now and I haven't seen any such points in my account.
2. On the 17th, I visited the Heavenly Spa for a massage treatment to relax myself after a long week at work. While the treatment and the therapist itself were excellent, the head cushion of the massage table left two deep creases across my forehead which I only noticed when I get back to my room. Hardly the best look to wear just before heading out to an important dinner. It took me 20 minutes of massaging my own forehead to reduce the creases, leaving me more stressed after the treatment than before, and resulting in a ache around that area the next day. This sort of thing just wouldn't happen in a professional spa.
3. While the Westin website showed a price of 4800+tax for the spa treatment when I booked it, I was charged something like 5200+tax for it. When I mentioned to the spa manager, I don't think he quite got what I was trying to tell him, and offered a 15% discount "as you are a hotel guest" without quite recognising the issue. The website still shows the 4800 price a month later, so clearly nothing has changed. Its not the money - its the principle that you charge the price you advertise.
4. On one of the days, I came back late in the evening and found out my laundry bag was no longer in the room. It turns out that someone had taken it to the laundry without asking me. It took about half an hour to trace it back - not something one wants to do at 11pm when all one wants is to sleep. And they hadn't even washed any of the clothes, because one of the t-shirts had a stain, something that I normally note when I fill up the laundry slip, but they didn't really wait for me to do that, did they?
5. I know the hotel has a policy of not allowing auto-rickshaws to come into the premises because it is a mixed use building. I wish they would reconsider that. If one shows a hotel key card, surely one can be allowed to take the auto rickshaw till the lobby? I had to walk up from the gate in the dark, slipped on the wet pavement and nearly sprained my ankle.
I know this looks like a long list of complaints, but some of these things just shouldn't happen. I'm not the type to rant and say I will never return to your hotel. I will stay at the Westin when its convenient to where I need to go (because location does matter a lot in Mumbai), but I'm sorry to say that it will no longer be my preferred hotel in the suburbs.
September 22, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Dev01 Truly a Sad Experience
Brickbats:1. My luggage did not arrive in my room no 2507 for 55 minutes inspite of three reminders and two confirmations by the lady at the Express Service and finally I had to go down and collect it myself. 2. Next morning at 8 AM the housekeeping decided to ring the door bell thrice to hand over the morning news paper and when i did not open the door they simply walked in..weird..never seen this in a 5 star hotel. The express service was neither "express" nor "service" . I decided to check out after 1 night itself curtailing my stay with great inconvinience.
March 23, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by onomitro A place to roilout after a hard business day
A thorough relaxation after business workday and nearness to airport/suburb corporate hotspots is what makes Westin Mumbai a place of choice. The green sights on the eastern side fringes, adds up to the rejuvenation quotient . A thumbs up to the hospitality given and the cordial attitude, despite my short stay. I feel that I should also give a special mention of the front desk who understood my needs and took care of room allocation based on preference.
August 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by DreamSeeder Westin is a cool place to stay
I hope my feedback will be taken in positive way and by no means it shall go to the individuals. They are really good and friendly. My feedback is more on process steps.
1) As a great gesture, you would like to welcome your returning guest with Sweets, But make sure it is not kept in someone else's room. you make both people embarrassed.
2) Please don't hard-code the Key. I was embarrassed in the lift when I could not swipe my card to select my floor. I have to come down to the lobby to set things right. If I have not checked out, its understood that I am in the site then why to remove my access in the lift?
You guys are going great job, you have a nice team. May be some process improvements will make a full 10 experience.
August 14, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Matt Service Express Staff Responsiveness & Laundry Service Quality needs improvement
Have stayed in this hotel a couple of times. Most of the times have found the Service Express Staff less courteous and lacking empathy. The laundry staff messed my suit trouser during pressing and there was no apology offered when I bought it to the notice of the Service Express team. The following day a suit which I had given for dry cleaning reached me with the shine on it having vanished and the button colors faded. Thus I lost an excellent suit to some poor laundry service. So please be aware of these 2 aspects when you plan a stay at this hotel.
January 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Epicurious AN INDULGENT STAY AT THE WESTIN
The rooms are spacious and functional. View from our room on the 28th floor was stupendous. The same can be said about dining at their Indian restaurant Kangan or The Seasonal Tastes on the 18th level. Delicious global cuisine served by friendly, efficient and helpful staff makes it a wonderful experience.
Super Foods, Harmony Massage combining aromatic oils followed by The Rejuvenating Skin Facial at Heavenly Spa...left me totally pampered and revitalised. Gear Lending is another unique offering for people on the go.
The Westin pampers you with its gracious hospitality.
August 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bill9030 Great Business & Lesiure Hotel
Lounge facilities are excellent!!!
Oscar along with his team, is very prompt & attentive to all the needs of the guests.
Sunil, (Director of Rooms) also does a fine job welcoming the Guests & making them comfotable.
I enjoy my stays at the Westin Mumbai..
Kudos to the GM!!!
August 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by RichardofOZ The staff are brilliant
Ultimately the experience can be great or there can be problems, but it is the staff, how and when they react that makes the stay. I can't remember all the names now but Swetta at reception, Ameenabad at the bar, Punkash in the executive lounge all contributed to make my stay very special. They were smart, open of themselves and attentive without too much attention, just perfect! Thank you!
August 18, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bhupendra Eat here if you care to eat with dirty cutlery
Seems like Westin Mumbai has developed an expertise in ignoring basic hygeine standards for its guests. 3rd instance of dirty cutlery in last one year....and this one is the best ...the fork that I got this morning appeared to have been kept just like that, without even attempting to clean. I wish I could post a picture here.
Overall appropriate downgrade of this hotel by SPG as the list of issues with this hotel's services is quite long.
August 12, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by AmanKK Staff Customer Service Very Poor
From check in to check out everything was handled very poorly.
We received Smoking room when I had specifically requested non-smoking.
Someone else's luggage was delivered to me and mine to someone else's room.
During a meeting in the lounge we asked what snack could be served quickly, we were given several options and when asked how long would the order take, we were told 45 MIN (if that is quick for the hotel, I don't know what is late). Two teas were ordered, one with sugar and one without, both received with sugar and that too 40 minutes after ordering.
On the day of check out we asked for bell boy to come collect luggage, we waited 25 minutes and when no one came, we carried our own luggage, upon inquiring we were told that the message to the bell desk did not reach.
Whole stay transferred to another account even though we just wanted to pay from a different credit card, lost on SPG points.
Never will I recommend anyone to stay in the hotel!!
January 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sachin1981 Enjoyable stay!
Stayed with my family for 2 nights and got a good club room and the facilities were good and the food was super. Loved our stay here. Would come back again!
August 19, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ruchi31 Room service is the only issue..
Amazing experience but please improve on ur room service ..
August 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by santri1969 Awesome Mumbai Westin
Great Mumbai property - excellent platinum upgrades to a high floor corner suite on the 26th floor. Beautiful property with excellent view and great staff. Highyly recommended property.
Lifetime Platinum with Ambassador
August 16, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by dearchintu The hotel has amazing restaurant
The hotel is worth visiting. The food is of great quality and the restaurant gives a warm feeling. The assortment of food is also great. I was not impressed by the room though.The room could have been better. The stay was nice and comforting.
October 22, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by jfg2003 My very highest compliments to the Westin Garden City
I have lost count at the number of Starwood properties in which I have stayed. That said, I spent five nights last week at the new Westin Mumbai Garden City, and it was the most positive stay I have ever experienced with Starwood.
The design and appointment of the new building are exceptional. Stylish, uncluttered, exceedingly functional and comfortable. The kitchen staff turned out some of the best food I have enjoyed anywhere. From the breakfast and happy hours provided in the Executive Lounge to the dinners I enjoyed at three of the hotel's restaurants (Kangan, Prego and Seasonal Taste), the food was beautifully presented, fresh and absolutely delicious. The team upgraded me to a suite which was probably the most enjoyable room I've ever stayed at with Starwood. The gym and the staff there were kind and helpful, and I also very much enjoyed the complimentary use of the spa facilities. My one and only difficulty incurred during the visit was a concierge team who was less than capable at some requests I made. Apart from that though, I would rate the team my very highest score.
November 1, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by jptraveler40 Excellent
Excellent service with hospitable staff.
August 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by FreqTravel Best SPG Suite in Mumbai
The hotel suite room is the biggest in the Mumbai area within the SPG chain. It is well equipped with a great coffee machine. The room is very modern.
January 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by RockingStar Excellent - all around
Great service & hospitality. Excellent rooms and SPG recognition. Food is very good. Rahul at Kangan takes good care of guests and Chef Shamsher & Chef Mata make wonderful delicacies. Ms. Reshma Godbole who heads Guest Relations takes personal initiative to check with guest about their stay proactively, and it wonderful having breakfast with her on 2nd Aug 2014. The level of service and hospitality is great & continuously enhancing guest experience.
August 4, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Archit Dinner at Prego
Had a very bad experience at Prego.
1. I was asked for water and I see a bottle of water being opened on the table for which I was ultimately charged
2. We called for a risotto verdure and asked the waiter to add some mushroom. Without informing us that there would be any extra charge he added 100 rupees to our bill.
3. The risotto was undercooked, and the vegetables were definitely not fresh. Can feel the acid attack 2 hours after the meal.
August 2, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sss3 Good place to be
Good hotel with greenery around
August 11, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Sperry8 Substandard service and poor location
The hotel is beautiful. Too bad it is very far away from Mumbai. It's in the middle of nowhere and it takes an hour to get to South Mumbai where the Gateway of India is and all the other sights.
To make matters worse, the service leaves much to be desired. When we arrived, tired at 11pm, we were told our room wasn't ready. They could give us a room type we didn't want or we could wait. We asked how long, but they said an hr perhaps. No apologies, no understanding. I even had to ask if we could use wifi in the lobby while waiting. No offer of a welcome drink or anything.
As for the main concierge, he has the worst attitude I've ever encountered at a Starwood property. It's as though he is doing us a favor every time we ask for assistance. Excuse me, but you chose to be a concierge. If you don't like assisting people, perhaps working in a hotel isn't for you.
Even the service in the restaurant is horrible. Our rate was a special rate which included a 25% discount on food (during the Holi festival). The only problem, we didnt get our discount. Why? On our last day we decided to check out of the hotel and then go have lunch at their restaurant. We told the people at the front desk our intention, and they said they'd be happy to hold our luggage while we ate. We decided to do this because we had to catch a flight and were unsure how long it would take to eat, check out, etc. This seemed fastest to us. After lunch, I mentioned our discount. However, they restaurant manager said they couldn't honor it because we already checked out! What? We told you we were checking out. Why didn't you tell us we should wait and eat before. We just checked out 1 hour ago.
Simply put, this hotel has the worst service ever. Check in, concierge and restaurant staff. All of them need to be retrained (with the exception of the female staffers who are very nice).
As for the hotel - it is beautiful. The food is great too. The views are nice from the restaurant and the rooms are super nice. Its a shame its staffed with people who simply do not understand service.
March 31, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by EMANI GOOD EXPERIANCE
THIS IS MY SECOND VISIT TO THE HOTEL, IN M EARLIER FEED BACK ALSO I MENTIONED THAT THE WI FI FACILITY MAY BE MADE FREE/OPEN TO THE GUESTS.
ROOMS SOUND PROOFING NEEDS IMPROVEMENT.
August 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sukesh Over All Stay in Westin
Rate Excellent as over all completely satisfied with the comfort and stay
August 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bapi No need to book any other hotel
This is my 3rd stay in this property . Every thing was perfect as usual that's why expataction increased without any compromising . Lovely saty . Breakfast in 18 th floor & Spa in 4th floor (specially thanks to miss Zara, the therapist ) till now in my mind . This time the was amesing due to heavy rain fall . I enjoy a lot from my room through floor to ceiling glass without noise .
July 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ARL2014 Wonderful Stay
I has a wonderful stay at the Westin Mumbai. I was there for a total of 6 weeks and i can't fault the staff. The restaurnts were excellent with a great choice, the facilities met my expectations.
July 28, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by CH223162 Lifts
The secuity check at lift seems not working well, also very often we have to wait long for the lift and also the light (indicate which lift is coming) will change while we are waiting.
July 27, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by royonmoon Terrible Customer Service
I had booked a table for Valentine's day at Kangan for your 'Desire' program. The expectations were high considering your advertisements and publicity all over the web and Hotel. However the overall experience that youll provided left a lot to be Desired. The No of severs were very less as all the tables were full and the service was terribly slow. Infact even after waiting for 25 mins and asking two servers to serve us we were not served the last course of the menu and getting bored and irritated had to leave the place. Also the stewards did not know the name of the dishes and when asked what the dish was being served they said I'll find out. Is it too much too expect that the waiter knows what he is serving... Very bad
February 15, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gary2014 Positive Experience
We started our week and a half business trip to India at the Westin Mumbai Garden City, moved hotels in Delhi (Westin) and in Candigarh then back to the Westin Mumbai Garden City. The spa was a perfect place for relaxation and de-stressing after long hours of road trip. Food was great. The staff was very attentive. Varsha and Amol took care of my meeting needs on the last day.
July 17, 2014