Rated 5 out of 5 by johnjudi14 Westin-Los Cabos
Fantastic resort and spa . Staff are exceptional. Very helpful, courteous and gracious. Resort is stunning. Spectacular views of the ocean. Awesome infinity pools. Very relaxing. Great restaurants and great food. One of the best Westin facilities we have stayed and we love Westin. This is must to bring families or just your wife or girlfriend. Very romantic location. Seize the moment and enjoy.
July 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rosy54 Great experience.
This is a beautiful hotel & we had a great experience.
June 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by oceanlvr fun getaway right on the beach
the westin is ideally located right on a fantastic beach front, close to san jose and far enough away from the hyper-touristy-craziness of cabo. every room has it's own balcony with ocean view and the hotel staff are very nice.
December 31, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 A great hotel with a staff that exceeded my expecations!
I spent 5 nights at this hotel in September of 2012 and had a great time. The views are unbeatable. Every staff member from the front desk to the bellmen to the pool bar employees were friendly, helpful and always ready to make sure that my stay was enjoyable. I celebrated my birthday and to my surprise my room was upgraded (even though I am platinum with SPG a room upgrade isn't a gaurantee so I appreciated this one!) and decorated by the staff before I arrived! I will always remember this wonderful trip and want to recognize the staff for exceeding all of my expectations! Thanks for a great time!
September 19, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by carol452 Royal Beach Club - Disappointment
Overall the hotel was nice. The royal beach club was a disappointment. It seemed every morning they were disorganized. One morning no spoons, no bowls, the scrambled eggs were cold every morning. Even though I mentioned this twice about the eggs. I was there for a week. The staff everywhere in the hotel were friendly. The sunrise views were spectacular. The whales could be seen from the shore, pool or from a balcony. This hotel is far from town. You can take the local bus into Cabo or San Jose. A cab can run you about $30US. A little bit of trouble trying to control the temperature for the showers.
March 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Carolineliza Great hotel, exceptional staff
We loved our week here! RBC was 100% worth it - great food, beer and wine with a view from 5-7 every day and breakfast was also a great value. Our balcony view was gorgeous, the room was comfortable, clean and spacious, and I miss falling asleep to the sound of crashing waves.
The pools are lovely - we appreciated the "adult only option" and never had an issue finding a great pair of lounges in the desired amount of shade. The pool bar has a great selection to enjoy a drink in the pool and pool service for food is extremely convenient - it's easy to spend 8 hours out there!
It is farther from Cabo San Lucas than other resorts, but it's not far - we rented a car so never dealt with taxis. We were able to self-park every day but one and even then the valet charge was minimal. Initially when we arrived, we thought we had to valet - they actually told us about the self-park option and then proceeded to park our car in the self-park area for us.
The staff really make this an exceptional place to stay. Everyone was so friendly, helpful, and professional. Can't say enough good things about the individuals who work here!
It's very close to San Jose del Cabo which was a great place to grab a meal and shop - we liked it better than Cabo San Lucas anyway.
July 23, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Babs9132 Great Resort-Service WAYY below average
The resort is absolutely beautiful, plenty of restaurants and activities in and around so you dont have to go far. Upgrade to the beach club for a fee was worth it. short ride to downtown and not too far from airport. Rooms are good size, just make sure you dont leave valuables ANYWHERE in plain sight.
BUT, this place gets a -10 for service. From the pool bar to La Cantina "sports bar" to La Playa all had horrific service. forget the language barrier how about 20 min to get drinks when the restaurant is 1/4 full or 45 min wait for a burger and salad when there are 3 tables. My phone happen to disappear and nobody had knowledge of it when i returned 10 mins later....a real HONEYMOON crusher..
March 26, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by HEYUJUDE TOTAL RELAXATION
JUST RETURNED FROM A FABULOUS WEEK IN CABO...WAS A TAD CONCERNED WITH RECENT REVIEWS POSTED OF THE WESTIN...ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES! The staff went out of their way to service us,starting with OMAR at check in! We had booked the first nite in the royal beach club king room and the following room with cash and points.i was very surprised to see that they offered the cash and points at this gorgeous resort so what a bonus when OMAR booked us for all three nites in the same room with royal club privileges! Iam a gold member so am entitled to an upgrade but this was unusual .Terrific as we had breakfast every morning in a special lounge and the drinks and appetizers were filling enough that we really didnt eat dinner.The view and watching whales and dolphins for hours every morning was truly special.Have never gotten up anywhere to watch the sunrise but was up every morning at 6;30 to view the amazing start to each day.The room was beautiful ,bed super comfy and privacy on each balcony.Pools were beautiful...food very good..(all food expensive in cabo)..wished we had eaten at the fine dining overlooking the cliff.Pool staff ran to get you settled in your chairs,umbrellas placed just so and towels placed for your comfort..never any fighting for chairs etc.It is a little far out so would rent a car next time but highly recommend for a relaxing ,quiet stay..certainly the younger crowd would be totally bored unless they went to cabo for the nightlife.The design of the building and resort is something to see.
February 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joanne14 Great staff
Every staff member was extremely nice and accommodating to our needs.
July 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Zsubi Six Star Resort
Great gourmet meals, very clean resort and comfy beds. We were surprised by an early morning storm and the response of the whole staff was amazing. A special thanks to the general manager for his communication and professionalism. We will return.
July 26, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ahung12 6 Night stay could have been great.
Just returned from a 6 night stay at this Westin. As I wasn't 100% satisfied with my stay and felt that just a few key things could have made it spectacular, I'll focus on those areas of improvement. We were in 1706.
1. Sound isolation: On the 5th day of our stay, the room to our left was occupied by a large family, including two adults, at least one senior citizen, at least two small children and one newborn. Through the shared doorway between our two rooms, we could hear literally everything. Footsteps, conversation, banging, clapping, laughing, yelling and of course the baby crying. The last two nights were miserable to sleep. The kids running and yelling up and down the front hallway was also easily audible through the large gaps in the front door. Some better sound insulation between rooms and the outside is needed.
2. Screen door: The biggest shame to me during our stay was the fact that we literally were sleeping next to the ocean, but could only hear muffled waves through the balcony door which we had to keep closed due to fear of mosquitoes. It seemed to me that having a screen door there would have allowed us to hear the waves and enjoy the ocean breeze. Fortunately the nights cooled down to about 65 degrees during our stay, so we could sleep without the A/C running. But in the hotter months, you'd obviously have to have the A/C going and the noise of the fans would drown out any remaining ocean sounds, and it'd be much like sleeping in a Westin in any other location, not one on a beautiful beach.
3. Prices for Food/Services: I know this is not a minor topic but I have to believe that many other travelers like my wife and I sought out alternatives to food and spa services provided at the Westin. Most of the food we had was superb and there were some definite highlights there, and while we didn't utilize any of the spa services I'm sure they would have been high quality as well. Regardless of how good it was though, its hard for me to justify paying the Westin's rates when similar levels of quality could be found with a trip into either city. Some re-thinking of the food and spa prices might keep more folks in the resort.
1. Breakfast Buffet: Good selection and decently prepared foods. It was somewhat tucked away behind a column, but the buffet includes a Bloody Mary Station. No vegetable garden to toss in but it had the basics.
2. "Home-made" Coffee at dinner: probably one of the highest points of my stay was the Westin's "home-made" coffee. Simple to make but it is delicious stuff. Had 4-5 cups in each sitting, every time it was available.
3. Photography services: After having some sample photos taken on the beach by Leidy (sp?) the resident photographer, we signed up for a sunrise photo session on our last full day there and it was worth it. Bruno in the photo studio processed about 80 photos, and while we were set on purchasing just 10 really good ones, we ended up purchasing 15 because so many turned out so well. The packages here were reasonably priced, we felt.
4. Staff: Most were very attentive, and a few were genuinely warm and very friendly. The front desk resolved two noise complaints I phoned in very quickly and efficiently, kudos to their responsiveness.
5. The Beach: It was indeed swimmable during our stay, I was told by the lifeguard on duty that the water during that time was about as calm as it gets. The sand goes from rocky and coarse to somewhat fine and then back to rocky again, it is strange. The area where the beach chairs are set up is fine sand, but walking up and down the span of the beach can get a little rough on the feet if you spend time in the coarser areas, especially closer to the large rock formations.
February 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by cmai34 A Wonderful Weekend at the Westin
I had a great experience at the Westin, Los Cabos! My room, the facilities, and the staff were fantastic! I will definitely plan a return trip!
June 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by CarrieKC Worth the upgrade to a Royal Beach Club Room - or just be SPG Platinum
Royal Beach Club was amazing. Full breakfast every morning and then happy hour every evening. The orange juice in the morning was a must. The happy hour (free) margaritas were awesome and so was Karina, the club attendant. On our trip we didn't spend much money on food because of the options in the club and the happy hour "snacks" (guacamole, salsa, fruit, veggies, and traditional entree options, free drinks) were enough for dinner. We made friends with a couple in the club lounge celebrating their 35 year anniversary (we were celebrating one year) which just added to the fun.
I travel most weeks of the year with a lot of time spent at SPG properties. While the Westin had the amenities I would expect from an SPG property, It felt nothing like work travel!
upgraded to a suite using suite nights and the private balcony was nice but the suite at the Sheraton down the road was significantly larger and more luxurious (but the Sheraton did not have a club lounge). The suite overlooked the beach and every morning we could have coffee on the lounge with the waves crashing in the background.
Also, the activity booking service near the front desk was very helpful in narrowing down the list of options for snorkeling and sunset cruises to the right choices for us.
The pool with a swim up bar was under construction. We had the option to go to the attached resort (Regina) pools but we only spent one day at the pool because of the construction.
Also, the "sports bar" had "games" that were well below par. We were looking for activities on the resort after dinner but the pool cues didn't have any tips and the air hockey table only partially worked.
Finally, the resort was pretty, but in the summer heat, we would work up a sweat just walking from our room to the lobby because it was all outside with minimal shade.
July 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ALPDENVER Best Westin in Mexico
This was my 27th Starwood stay of the year and my 3rd Westin stay in Mexico and this hands down was the best. The hotel staff is beyond excellent from the valet, to the club lounge to the pool staff. Excellent rooms, very accommodating front desk staff and one of the best club lounges worldwide (made possible by the club lounge Staff alone). Every detail of the stay was perfect. From a welcome drink, to house keeping preparing a specially asked romantic setting this hotel was great.
I had a few special requests and the hotel did a flawless job of making this a memorable experience.
I enjoyed the location being off the beaten path and at times it felt like a private resort. The pools are great and the beach views are incredible.
I will definitely be back. It is a steal at 10,000 points a night.
December 13, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by amasund Very relaxing
We came here for just 2 nights for a mini-honeymoon and it was exactly what we needed. It was so secluded and relaxing. We had a beautiful view of the ocean from our private balcony. It was so nice to get up in the morning, take a walk on the beach and then settle in by the pool for the rest of the day. All of the staff we met were very nice and accommodating. Francisco at the Front Desk and Alberto in Arrecifes were two in particular that stood out. We were a little worried about transportation to and from, but we ended up taking the shuttle on the way there and a cab back to the airport and it was plenty easy and not too expensive. We hope to be able to come back and relax again soon!
June 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ianspice12 Top notch staff
My girlfriend and I were absolutely blown away by how amazing the staff was. The staff, from the waiters to concierge, were just so attentive, warm, and made us feel insanely welcome. One of the best experiences we've ever had.
July 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by MisterP Great staff/service
Outstanding service from Enver and Ivan at the adult pool. They were working hard every day !!! Sylvia, a new employee, was also superb with her attitude and helpfulness. Miguel ,mgr., at Arricefies restaurant, offered exceptional service with an outstanding personality as did Adriena, mgr of the breakfast and dinner buffet restaurant. Many other staff in all depts. make the Westin, Los Cabos a very enjoyable vacation destination. Our second trip here and we will certainly return!
April 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by RoAro Very nice hotel
good quality hotel, had a good time and good service
July 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by PJC52 Younger Kids Loved
Our 8-year old had an outstanding time
July 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gary16 awesome vacation
I took wife to this hotel for her Birthday day!
Upon arrival the staff sang Happy Birthday and we had margaritas. Had a royal beach club room- did not get a suite upgrade but it didn't matter the room was great and had a great view. We woke up to whales literally in front of our balcony every morning and almost all day long- it was truly an awe inspiring experience. The staff were fantastic, the fitness was good and I could watch whales while I worked out .We will return to hotel again!!
February 17, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jawmon Worst SPG Hotel Ever
I’m an SPG gold member and have traveled to my fair share of SPG Hotels. By far, this was one of the worst experiences.
- CLOSED POOL: My biggest complaint with the hotel was that during my stay on Memorial Day Weekend, for some unfathomable reason, the hotel decided to shut down the main pool and resurfaced it. Despite my reservation being made months in advance, I was never told until check-in.
- CONSTANT CONSTRUCTION NOISE: While there may have been two smaller overcrowded pools for everyone at the hotel, the experience of these pools was ruined by the constant construction noise from the main pool resurfacing and other reconstruction.
- NO OCEAN ACCESS: While it is not mentioned at the website, you can’t get in the ocean anywhere even close to walking distance from the hotel. So while you look at a beach, it is ALWAYS closed because of turbulent tides.
- SHADY MANAGER: The manager at the hotel was completely shady and couldn’t care at all about the closed pool, construction or that I was SPG Gold. When I was told at check-in about the closed pool and construction, he gave me a voucher for a free activity. When I went to go use the voucher, he told me it had expired. I couldn’t understand why as the pool was still closed and the construction was still on going.
- FOOD OVERPRICED: While we had one decent meal El Ciruelo, all the restaurants were completely overpriced. Get ready to easily spend $75 for lunch and $120 for dinner for two people.
- ISOLATED: The hotel is completely isolated. So unless you rent a car from the shady overpriced Thrifty Rent a Car desk, you are trapped at the hotel and forced to pay for their overpriced food.
- CHECK YOUR BILL: I would definitely check your bill at check out. I found food charges which were not mine. Their response was something akin to “we are a big hotel and it happens.”
I would definitely recommend that you stay at the Sheraton instead. That place was much nicer and closer to town. Not even close to the same experience.
May 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jennifer74 Amazing staff!
We loved this property. From beginning to end, we had a great experience at this resort. From our first greeting from bellhop Alfonso, to the warm greetings and friendly dining services from our favorite waitstaff Karina and Anibal, the service was amazing. The rooms were very dean and comfortable and the views, beach and pools are all breath-taking. It is a bit pricey, but but we would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to go back.
February 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Acelsie Front of House Staff Inconsistent
Stayed here on two separate occasions within 10 days. Two nights on the first occasion followed then another night at the end of the next week. Checked in on arrival the first time and was greeted by friendly staff who called us by name and made us feel most welcome from the front desk staff to the bell staff all outstanding. Returning for a night at the hotel a week later. What a difference. Front desk staff never used our name. There were questions regarding the amenities offered as part of SPG (we are platinum members) . Responses from staff were curt and almost a take it or leave it attitude I found hard to believe. Then we were left to find our way to our room on our own and had to find our own bell man to bring our bags up. This sloppy service is not something we've experienced at any Weston or SPG property in te past.
December 5, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by dougbe Crest 2014
Great experience during Company recognition trip
July 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dan007 The most beautiful Westin hotel of all!
My wife, son and daughter visited the Westin Cabo for March break this year... and of all the Westin's I have stayed at over the years around the world, the Westin Los Cabos is the most beautiful of all! The hotel location, design, rooms, amenities, ocean views, staff, security, beach, restaurants and bars... all excellent. I'll be back soon!
March 24, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by fish09 Beach Attendants are great
I stayed with my family in two rooms. The staff in at the beach is attentive and gracious; we tipped accordingly. However, management needs improvement. Every interaction with them left me with verbal promises but none that were fulfilled. The stay was on points, but that should not be a reason to not treat us like non-paying members. I have been a Platinum member for over 3 years - that's a lot of travel in SPG hotels.
January 1, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by RTW3 Service was not Westin Quality
I have never reviewed a hotel nor felt more compelled to do so. The service at this establishment was absolutely deplorable. The property itself was lovely - the rooms are very nice, very clean; the pool/beach area is wondeful both of which would garner my recommendations for future stays. The service, however, will likely keep me from staying here in the future. The working staff was super friendly but often lacked attention and follow through (beyond the language barriers you would expect). The management, however, was extremely unhelpful and often simply non-responsive (ignoring calls, responding several days later, etc.). I do not feel the service of this hotel is worthy of the Westin brand. Don't bother relying on Gold/Platinum service enhancements as the management / SPG desk seemingly care less about how frequently you stay with Starwood elsewhere.
January 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Virginia So Welcoming
We have been to this hotel for meetings 4 or 5 times over 10 years. It has become increasingly superb over time and is the only location where by now there was absolutely no complaint about anything whatsoever in a group of over 100 registrants. The staff is very well trained and always pleasant and caring. The hotel itself is visually stunning. The food is excellent--even for meeting events, which is very rare. The excellent management oversight and training and cooperative attitude of the staff distinguishes this hotel. Hello to our travel friends at the Royal Beach Club Karin and Francisco (Panchito), and to Jasinto in the meeting wait staff and to the housekeeping supervisor whose name we failed to get at the SPG reception who was so pleasant and considerate and later checked on our housekeeping service. Thank you all for being so kind. When one is staying in a resort for over a week it makes a big difference to be recognized and welcomed every day.
March 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Krosenb Rest. Relaxation. Beautiful. Attentive Staff.
Two years in a row we gave been guests at the Westin Cabo and the food, service and beautiful property keeps exceeding our expectations. Special personal thanks and appreciation to Jorge, at the Spa and then Ivan G. and Edgar who served us at the pool and always had great conversations and laughs with us. The whole staff made us feel like "rock stars". Gracias to all!
January 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by FezFez 5 stars
I came for a solo vacation on award points. My experience was exceptional and I was treated like a king for no apparent reason. The architecture is jaw-dropping, the room was spectacular, the service was very 5 star, and the staff was top notch. Special thanks to Omar and Elena in reception, Karina in the RBC Lounge, and Ener at La Cascada. I can't wait to return.
October 22, 2013