Rated 5 out of 5 by FlyerGuy Excellent Location, Great All Around Property
Spent a wonderful week at the property in early February, a romantic get away with my wife. Staff was always helpful (although sometimes seemed indifferent, but never rude), was taken care of very well in terms of platinum recognition. Everyone I spoke to did their best to ensure we had a great stay.
As someone looking to take in the city, the location can not be beat. Even during the February cold, we were able to either walk, take a short cab, or easily get to the metro and visit just about anywhere. Don't take restaurant recommendations from concierge, just wander a few blocks east/north around Rue Saint-Honore and you will find plenty of great options.
February 17, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by csrose NEVER AGAIN
This hotel did not recognize our SPG gold status and treated us like second class citizens for booking the room with points. Upon making the reservation, we asked for a room with a view and were told such room was booked. Upon checking in we asked if the room had a view and we were told "no, people who pay with points do not get a room with a view." This was a direct quote from the hotel GM! Had we known this we would have opted to pay rather than wasting 45K points! She also went on to say that the phone rep in the states was wrong and she was right. Never have I witnessed or experienced such poor service. We have used our points plenty of times, including at the St. Regis, and have never been treated in this manner. Management really needs to train the employees at this hotel in addition to reminding them that they are in the hospitality business!
May 16, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Panda66 Poor SPG recognition
I booked a room in the Westin Vendome a couple of months in advance, and even though I made clear that it was a very special occasion for me and my wife, the treatment we received was poor to say the least, for Westin & Starwood standards.
I used my SPG points for 2 free nights and at the check-in when I asked what kind of room I was getting, I was told that I got an upgrade from Standard to Standard with View. Now, I know that you cannot take it for granted, but all the times I used my free nights points I got fantastic suites and so on. It is at the end of the day a 'reward' of your fidelity as a guest and I have always felt special in that respect. This time, regardless the early booking, the hotel clearly not very busy, my SPG status, the special occasion etc, I felt almost less then an ordinary guest. If you add that during the check in when I said that the upgrade wasn't much of an effort on the Hotel side I was told to look at the price list and see how much more expensive the Standard with view was vs the Standard, well you get the overall picture! How offensive?! Anyway, the room had indeed a very nice view but I haven't been in such small rooms since my College days. In two occasions used glasses were removed but not replaced; same for melted ice in a bucket were there was obviously a bottle of Champagne still quite full.
On the up side, fantastic experience in the SPA and good service and food in the Bar.
But overall, probably my most disappointing experience in over 12 years of being part of what I believe being one the best hotels fidelity program around (i.e. SPG)
January 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Johhnyb Beautiful Hotel-perfect location
The hotel was amazing. The staff was very helpful and didn't mind that we did not speak much french. The staff was great from the checking, bellman, concierge, and restaurant staff. I can't say enough how beautiful the hotel was. It was in a great location. It was a quick walk to the Louvre. Also, it was a short cab ride or a 30 minute walk to Eiffel tower and other attractions. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!
January 30, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by oursdur Going from bad to worse
I have stayed in Westin Paris many times but whenever I return I find service standards to have become lower.
During my last checkin the lady at the SPG Gold/Platinium counter conveniently disappeared when we arrived, and we had to wait 15/20 minutes to check in when this wasn't a peak time or there was no group check in. A lady was helping another guest in front of me so I patiently waited behind him, but as soon as she had dealt with the first client she also disappeared in the back office even without a word of apology.
Based on previous experience with the hotel I had been asked to contact hotel management in advance of my future visit so that they could prepare room as per our needs, but unfortunately it seems emails were not even read.
Last but not least rooms maintenance is clearly not done (broken door handle, dirty bathroom, stains on the mirror, ...)
Only positive points for this hotel : location and an excellent team at the concierge desk.
August 28, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Renata Good location-dreary rooms
We were in rooms 401-403 for a 6 night stay. We requested a room change because of the dreariness of the room and the view of a brick courtyard. When I asked for a room that looked like that on your web sight I was told there was only one of those, and they could move us on the 5th day of a six night stay. The standing lamp in the room never worked, and was never replaced. A repair man was sent 3 times --never fixed or replaced. It only made a dreary room more dreary. The bathroom was outdated and the tub dangerous to exit. The globs of dust that were in the overhead light that was missing its housing were removed upon my calling. The security man never came after a couple of calls to fix the non working safe. The location of the hotel was good, but any charm of the lobby was gone as soon as one entered their generic hotel room. We travel a lot and stay in upscale properties . It is hard to include this property in that category.
May 31, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by wildcat Is it the location in Paris or the Hotel itself?
Location, location, location. You cannot beat it. Absolutely perfect. In a minute, you can be in the park. Lots of places to just walk and sightsee (and subway just across the street).
The staff was very friendly. Room was upgraded to a junior suite, lots of room for a 5 day stay.
Hotel was clean, very stylistic and had a great historic feel.
Do not try to take mass transit from the airport (CDG) to the airport. too much work.
One downside, my girlfriends like a coffee maker in the room but there was none (quick room services though with quality coffee) and she could not use her hair dryer.
January 8, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by LittlebunnyErica Vice President
I am a fantastic guest of your hotel as well as other Westin's. The room that was assigned to me was unsatisfactory. It was next to a room in which a clothing company was doing a show and across from the elevators. The noise level was extremely high. I could hear every single conversation that anyone had at the elevator. In addition, I heard the "ding, ding" all night. I got moved to another room that was so small I had to use the ironing board for a closet as well as ths shower rod. In addition, I did not have a mirror in my room. I was in Paris for fashion week. The last day of my stay there was no hot water.
October 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by jll888 Nice Junior Suite with Great View From Balcony
As a SPG Platinum member, I was upgraded to a junior suite with balcony. The balcony has a very stunning view of Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum and Tuileries Garden. I was just speechless when I first step in the suite. Bravo Westin Paris. 5 stars for you.
September 14, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Barb12 Magnificent
My husband and I decided that Paris would be a great place to celebrate thirty years of marriage. We could not have picked a better hotel. Arriving early in the morning, we did not expect our room to be ready, and we were correct. Surprise, the Westin has a very nice room established for such situations. Clean towels and bathroom allowed us to spruce up and set off for a day of touring feeling refreshed.
Our junior suite was very nice, plenty of space with the extra sitting area and walk in closet. The hotel is in a great location for walking about town or getting on the subway. There are tons of shops and restaurants of all different levels in the immediate area.
Concierge help was excellent. The staff was friendly and quite knowledgeable of the area and even made some phone calls for us if they were unsure.
The gym was up to date and very clean. The machines were well maintained and a pleasant addition to the trip.
As a bonus, it was fashion week and the models walking around the hotel in designer clothes only added to the fun.
October 9, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sp123 Great Location for first time visitors
The hotel is in a great location if you're visiting Paris for the first time. The hotel is walking distance to the Tuileries Garden, Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysees, Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, Opera, Place Vendome, etc. Close to two Metro stops as well. The staff were very nice and did a great job to make our stay comfortable. Lots of closet space and the bathroom was spacious (especially for a European hotel).
If you're a light sleeper, request a room away from the elevator and the workout space is on the second floor, so there's a bit more traffic on that floor.
October 28, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by SooMoo Old style hotel in outstanding location
Hotel is a few minutes walk from the Louvre, Opera Garnier and Concorde. Musee d'Orsay is a five minute walk straight thru the Tulieries and across the Seine.
On check in I was told our booked suite would not be available until 6 pm because they had a Platinum member with late checkout in our suite. Following a brief discussion, it was agreed that the Platinum member's status was with the hotel rather than with me, and the Front Desk manager sorted this out very quickly.
Great breakfast room with impeccable service even though very busy.
Bar not cheap but don't miss it.
Now has wifi in rooms, but very slow.
November 10, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Cliff1942 DID NOT MEET EXPECTATIONS
The Westin Vendome was a disappointment for us. We stayed six nights at this hotel from June 7-13, 2012. Our room was the dirtiest, poorly maintained and drab of any of our recent Westin stays. Paint was peeling from the walls and the carpet was in critical need of replacement. The room was very drab and dreary. Drab is also a word to describe the main dining room. The Bar was special, the staff, including room service,very good, and the people at the concierge desk exceptional. The Westin Vendome is in need of serious upgrading of rooms, showers and color scheme. I would not recommend the Westin Vendome.
June 18, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mike79pa Merci Beaucoup!!
My girlfriend and I had an excellent stay at the Westin Paris Vendome last week. The staff was extremely courteous, helpful and knowledgeable about the city. Specifically, kudos to Cedric and Andres Lopez-Dafonte! Cedric helped us get settled into our room, offered suggestions about the city and was very accommodating. Andres spent the time to talk to us about the fascinating history of the hotel and stayed with us while we were waiting for a taxi back to the airport. It was a very busy weekend at the Westin. On the day of our departure, there were several foreign delegates on the premises. Andres spent the time to ensure that we got to our next point in our travels despite his busy schedule. Overall a wonderful stay in Paris! Thanks Westin!
PS- I don't write reviews often. As a matter of fact, this is the very first review I have ever written for a hotel. I was just really impressed about our stay at this fabulous hotel and wanted to let the staff know about it.
December 9, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by JBTC Problems with upgrade
We have travelled all over the world with stays at Starwood Hotels. As Gold members and the owners of three time shares we always receive an upgrade if available. Last year we stayed at the Westin Vendome and we were upgraded to an Eiffel Tower view. This year we were upgraded to a street view and when my husband went to checkout the bill had a 60 euro charge on it for an upgrade. This is supposed to be complimentary because of our gold status. The front desk said we owed it and my husband said he refused to pay it. They finally removed it from the bill, but we were not pleased that this happened.
March 21, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by afromplace very bad experience
I had a very bad experience during our check in. The receptionist was not helpful at all. Even after I let her know that I am a gold member - she never explained to me how I can use free in-room internet service and never tried to upgrade my room to an enhanced room. This was the worst experience and the westin paris just ruined my first trip to paris. Thank you very much.
August 8, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by 500PlusNights Great Location, and Beautiful property - service not so great
Called before arrived to verify if room was ready, told yes. Arrived at noon told room wasn't ready come back in 90 minutes - back at 3:00 PM still not ready told come back in 15 minutes , back at 3:30 still not ready - finally ready at 3:50PM - waited another 20 minutes for luggage. A wasted Saturday in Paris. Also was told SPG Platinum 4:00 PM guarenteed late check-out not an option - have to be out by noon. Not even a sorry for the inconvienice. Waited in Lobby Restaurant/Bar from 3:00 - 3:30 and waitstaff never even smiled - poor service. Come for the location not the service here!
October 20, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by russd Haunted 5th Floor
I had reserved a studio with a view - when I arrived I was told by Benton that SPG point users are never given a room with a view and they are sold out. ( I am sure he was not supposed to say that) Our first night was a sleepless one as the headroom in the room was about 4feet high for 1/2 the room due to sloping ceiling - and we had head injuries but worse, there was a ghost that my wife and I BOTH saw several times that night. We reported the sighting to Joanna - who confirmed other reports and she moved us to a better room on the 3rd floor the next day but of course there was a $250 up charge per night - which at that point I would have paid anything to get out of that room and all other hotels I called were sold out. Joanna was very kind but the way we were greeted by Benton the first night and the poor room we were given is the reason for this rating. This is a convention hotel so the crowds are crazy at night and they take over the pub - it goes from a quiet place around 9:30 pm to a restaurant/bar that you can not eat , or have a conversation even - people put drinks on your table while you eat - just basically very rude & we were quite surprised as it happened 2 nights in a row and we left without finishing our meals. ( Had to pay though) Felt sorry for the kind servers... Lastly - Housekeeping which I always tip well, ignored my requests and also removed my 1/2 bottle of wine from my room which was clearly not finished and had a cork and napkin around it... had to fight to finally get offered 2 glasses of wine - which i did not bother to accept. Bottle should have been replaced without question. They could see that I purchased all the wine bottles at the bar at full price every single day.
October 27, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Daniel55 Great disappointment
The hotel on the lobby level is generally alright and not bad. It was just a bit crowded with group travellers, candidates attending two conferences, and drivers and their companion, practically all the time I and my family were there. It's like a very crowded zoo! Alas, I was with my family hoping to enjoy romantic Paris!
Check in was late. Before we left, we emailed our flight arrival time of sixish in the morning and ask for convenience of early check in. No reply was received. On arrival of the hotel, we got no help. Check in at 3:00. You go and walk around. At 6, 7 o'clock in the morning after a 13-hour flight? Eventually, we got our rooms after 5 pm, the guests who stayed in the rooms reserved for us had not left and cannot be disturbed.
My room was 4009. First thing I found was a piece of nail clipping on the chair at the desk! I picked it up and took it the the reception. The room smelled and we ask two time to have it fixed with no response. The room was dusty. The ventillation vent did not fully fill the grille and hence the void behind the decoration of the room which naturally would have a lot of dust drawn as we switched on ventillation. The carpet on the floor where it meets the floor tiles of the washroom is badly torn with loose threads very visible. The bath tub is chipped. The shower head was loose and water splashes in all directions at the joint when the tap was turned on ( which later was fixed. The slip that help fix the position of the mirror above the wash basin was still there. The overall feeling inside the room was bare, basic, poorly refurbished partially, dirty, grey, and not even homely. Breathing dust every night through out our stay! Nothing reminded us we were in Paris. Many of the items were also noted in Room 4012 where our sons stayed. Give me an e-mail address, and I'll send pictures I have taken for your hotel,s benefit.
October 4, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by JasonH So bad I don't think I can fit it all in this review...
I am not surprised to read the recent negative reviews about this hotel. I am staying at the hotel right now and it is so bad it is almost beyond belief.
I planned this trip to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and booked the room almost a year ago and notified the staff about our special event. We have experienced so many problems, I will only list some of them here:
- When we arrived our room was not ready at check-in time. The lobby was a mess with people and no where to sit or wait. They gave us 2 free drink tickets for the bar, but we could not get in (more on that later). When we did get our room, we were exhausted and looking forward to unpacking and relaxing, and we walked in on another couple in our room! It turns out they had checked 2 couples into the same room.
- Finally got another room, but it was incredibly small, MUCH smaller than the one we were originally assigned. The ceiling was so low that my wife (who is 5'2") kept hitting her head on the ceiling. Unacceptable for this mistake, and then to be downgraded to a smaller room on our special occasion. The robes in this room had stains on them and looked like they had not been washed - we had to ask for them to be replaced.
- Dealing with the spg gold/platinum desk was difficult. At first they did not seem to care, and seemed try to prove my complaints as incorrect and acting like I was complaining to try to get something for free. I realize that the hotel was very full, but there were rooms available, so I very reasonably requested a good solution for all involved. I again said that this was a very special occasion for us and I am trying to make the best of it. I said that I see that there are larger rooms available (including jr. suites, suites, etc.) and that I would be happy to PAY to be put in one of those available rooms. I can not think of a more reasonable solution, as that would make us happy and I would pay for it so the hotel would benefit as well. Unbelievably, they said they would not allow it. I asked why, because the rooms are available on the hotel website. They said that the manager was "blocking all of those rooms right now and there was nothing that could be done about it". I asked if someone was staying in those rooms and they said "no" but that they had a very important conference going on and someone important might show up and want those rooms. I said that they were available right now for anyone to purchase, and they said that is because there is a 2 hour delay between the time they block the rooms and the website inventory gets updated, and that in 2 hours all of the rooms would be unavailable. I suspected they were not telling the truth, and the were not. 2 hours, 8 hours, and more than 24 hours later there were still larger rooms available (and there are still available 2 days later as I write this)
It really adds insult to injury, after the problems we had at the beginning and then the SPG desk not allowing me to spend my own money to buy a room that is publicly available for anyone in the world to rent is insulting and beyond unacceptable.
- They did move us the next day to an acceptable room (where my wife doesn't have to hit her head while walking around the bed), but not one of the ones that I asked to pay for. And of course the problems continue.
This is by no means a complete list of the problems we have had, but here are some:
- This is our third day here and we finally got to try the food at the hotel. We usually eat alot at the hotels were we stay, but here this is almost impossible. Yesterday we went to find some breakfast (or lunch, whatever was being served at the time), and we could find nothing. We asked at the front desk and they said that "usually" they serve breakfast in the courtyard but not today. This is a big theme here, were they say "usually we do this, but not for you or not today". Not offering any other suggestions (also another problem at this hotel), she said that we could try eating at the bar. At about 10am, the only place to eat was the bar, which seemed strange. When we walked to the bar, they turned us away saying "There is no place for you. Sorry" and walking away. Very strange and rude. No mention of "If you would like to wait for a table", or anything. This was also another big problem we have seen repeated many times here.
- Last night we woke up to a very loud noise coming from the bathroom. When we tried to get in to see what it was, we could not open the bathroom door. The entire front of the bathroom counter had fallen off and wedged it self against the door so the door would only open 3 inches. It took us a long time to figure out how to move it. We had to ask several times for someone to come and fix it.
- When the cleaning staff cleaned our room (after they asked twice to come in even though we had the do not disturb sign on), when we returned to the room they did not clean the bathroom and there was hair and dirty towels in the tub.
- One day when we returned to our room from eating to get ready for a tour, there was a sign on the door asking us to please wait because they were in our room servicing it. We waited and waited in the hallway, and finally we could wait no more without missing our tour, so we went in and the room was empty. They were not in there but left the sign on the door.
- We spent half of the first 3 days of our trip waiting for something to be fixed or corrected, instead of enjoying our time in Paris. When the moved us to our third room, I was assured many times that they would move everything including the items in our closet. Of course when we returned the items in our closet were missing, and we had to wait for them to be found.
- They sent up a bottle of wine as a sorry gift, but it was corked and they gave us no opener. I am not sure if it was because they didn't want us to drink it, or if it was another lack of attention to detail that that seems to happen all of the time here.
I have gone on long enough, and will close with this thought:
This is one of the worst, if not the worst, hotel we have ever stayed in. The things that are done here are for the convenience of the staff, and the guests are treated as in intrusion. After our first day at the hotel I was thinking that I made a huge mistake coming to Paris because of how we were being treated. Fortunately, Paris is a wonderful city and we have been treated very well everywhere we have gone EXCEPT for at our own hotel. This hotel reflects very poorly on Paris, Westin, and SPG. We are still here for a few more days, so who knows what exciting disappointments are still to come.
This morning my wife and I were in the lobby and we had to laugh when we overheard two gentleman talking, and one said to the other "I always stay at the Westin every time I come to Paris... But I don't know why because they are always bad". I think that sums it up perfectly.
PS - even though i cannot bring myself to give the hotel more than 1 star, I have to recognize that it is a big staff, and it would be unfair not to recognize 2 good people among the problems we have experienced. Amandine at the front desk for seeming to genuinely care about our problems on the first day (sadly I think that maybe she was not senior enough to take care of them on her own or maybe I would have been a better outcome), and Denis on the in-room dining staff for doing a very professional job, and for helping us open that bottle of wine.
September 11, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by kimoh Great location, beautiful hotel, spotty service
This hotel is in an unbeatable location and is gorgeous inside. The concierge service was amazing, the terrace bar is beautiful, and in general the staff were very helpful. However, there were a couple issues with the hotel that I have to report on. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel if you can get it at a discount rate or with points. If you end up having to pay close to rack rate, I'd say look elsewhere for service that meets the price you have to pay for the room.
1. No hot water - the hot water wasn't working on our second day at the hotel. When I reported it to the front desk, all I received was a very curt and annoyed-looking response from the front desk guy of "we know about it and there's nothing we can do"
2. Construction - again, here's another place where the front desk failed me. There was some construction going on at or right by the hotel causing a lot of noise in our room starting around 8 or 9am. Most days, not a huge problem since we were out and about. But on the morning we did want to sleep in, and on another afternoon where we would have loved to take a nap in our room, the noise made it impossible. I reported the noise to the front desk and again got a very rude and curt response that there was nothing they could do.
3. Front desk - my three three interactions with the front desk were all very poor experiences. Aside from the rude brush-off when I reported on the lack of hot water and the construction noise, I also felt they were pretty curt and snobby when I checked into the hotel. I was there on my honeymoon, and when I booked the hotel, we were in money-saving mode due to how much we were spending on the wedding. However, once in Paris I thought it might be nice to splurge a little and upgrade to a suite since it's our honeymoon. When I asked about the availability of room upgrades, I got a pretty rude lecture about how if I wanted a suite, I should have booked it to begin with rather than hoping for availability at check-in. I'm sure the front desk deals with people trying to wrangle free upgrades all the time, but mind you, I'd specifically asked "how much would it be to upgrade to a suite?" Not, "can I get a free upgrade?" Regardless, the front desk should really learn to handle these requests with more grace, because it's a pretty crappy way to be welcomed to a hotel (and to Paris!)
4. Conferences - there were multiple conferences being hosted by the hotel while I was there. I have no problem with the conferences, but there were signs and sign-in tables and marketing posters all over the common areas, which kind of marred the otherwise gorgeous hotel. I'd suggest keeping large posters and conference check-in tables to the separate areas of the hotel, rather than having them in the main lounge where non-conference-attendees like myself might like to just enjoy a drink, use the internet, etc.
August 7, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by NVial Fabulous Experience at the Westin Paris-Vendôme
Just a few lines to express my gratitude to all the employees working at this hotel.
At first I'd like to highlight the warm and personal way we’ve been welcomed at our arrival and how the employees made us feel so special all stay long.
We haven't only been sensitive to the beauty, luxury architecture, refined decoration and comfort of this place; but we’ve also been delighted by the employee's kindness and anticipation to our needs.
And last but not least, the refreshing First, restaurant Boudoir, which has entirely fulfilled our expectations with its 100% local food creations.
Staying at your hotel was some kind of escape from reality.
Once again, thanks for all your outstanding work that made our stay so memorable.
November 9, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ma27 This hotel has gotten very old
The hotel needs a major makeover . The room carpets are all stained, the grout on the bathroom walls and sink are all out. The bathroom had sewer smell.
I was upgraded to a prestige suite, no room to move, so tiny. The closets were ridiculous , if you call them closets. I had a bad experience a couple of years ago and the Starwood representative asked me to give another chance and I did...
The concierge at the hotel is very rude,
They are not helpful at all.
I will not stay at this hotel again unless it undergoes a major remodel.
October 24, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by lily23 Incredible views!
Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in June 2013. We arrived early, around 11 am, but were allowed to check in early, which was greatly appreciated after a long transatlantic journey. The hotel itself is beautifully designed, always smells amazing, and the staff are friendly - every time we entered or left the hotel, we were greeted with a smile. Our room overlooked the Jardin du Tuileries, and had an incredible view of the Eiffel Tower. Room service is a tad expensive (Coke was $10 euros!), so we ended up eating out a lot, but that was fine as Paris has amazing food anyways! Couldn't find anything to fault during the stay, except for maybe the twisty hallways that are a bit disorienting at first, but all in all, amazing stay. Will always return to this hotel when I am in Paris.
June 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 Location can't be beat!
We just got back from 5 days at the Westin Paris Vendome, the location, room comfort and staff helpfulness/knowledge was above our expectations. We did not experience one unhappy/unpleasant moment. The hotel is located close to everything, resturants, stores, tour agencies,metro, gardens, Lourve. We used our spg starpoints to purchase our suite and did not have any trouble doing so. We can't be any happier. We had a wondrful time,Thank you SPG , we will be life long members.
October 18, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Shena The front desk associates
I am not sure if I was not dress appropriately or because I am an American, but the room that I paid for was not given to me. I was told to wait until 2 pm for my room to be ready. But those who came behind me received their rooms with no complications.
My young daughter and I ended up with a very small room with 2 twin beds. When we ordered our room service, the staff brought our dinner on a huge round table where we have to eat on a bed. It was very ridiculous that we were being treated in a way as if we never been in such a 5-star hotel.
I am very disappointed of the entire staff members in this particular hotel. I will not definitely spend my time and money in this Westin again.
I was suppose to receive a free internet service also and I had to pay for it. Plus, our room was very noisy from the sounds of the guests above us.
April 8, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by BB18 staff were terrific
The staff were terrific throughout our stay.They went out of their way to help at the end of our stay when we left a suitcase in our cab to the airport. They were able to track down the cab and have the suitcase sent to us. To me that is above and beyond the call of duty.
October 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cyhk Happy experience
Great service - I arrived hotel at 930am and they did not hv a room, but they promised to text me on my international number when the room is ready, and they did! At 1130, right at the earliest possible time they promised. Very impressive!
Room is beautiful and more spacious than most big city downtown hotels I'd have imagined! Nicely decorated with balconies!
Friendly helpful staff at all encounters! I would love to come back!
November 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by STARFLEET Thanksgiving at The Westin Paris-Vendome!
As I write this I am sitting in the Royal Suite, with a stunning living room on the 100% corner, overlooking the Louvre, the Tuilleries Gardens and the (now lit-up) Tour Eiffel.
The incredibly professional management and staff at the Westin-Vendome have seen fit to smile upon our family and present us with the 60th birthday upgrade of a lifetime! With an en-suite bedroom on either side of the amazingly grand and stylishly-funky-formal living room, we have been able to enjoy cocktails-with-a-view every night before taking advantage of the many spectacular restaurants within easy walking distance.
This hotel is so much the winner in so many categories: elegance, service, location and value...this is not the first time I've had the pleasure to stay at the Westin Paris, and there is no question but that it will not be the last!
This is a reason to be thankful!
November 26, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Travellvr61 Somewhat disappointed
This was our second stay at the hotel. The first was about three years ago and was great.
This time we were disappointed in the condition of the hotel. It seems in need of refurbishment. The condition of the rooms and hallways is not what one would expect of a Westin. The staff was great and very helpful. The welcome was similarly very warm and cordial. The hotel is just getting a little worn and needs updating.
November 14, 2012