Rated 5 out of 5 by Arty2B Class all the way
I love the Weston... I have never had any complaints that is why I keep coming back.
June 30, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by karen Our stay was very disappointing
We had an extremely disappointing stay at the Princeton Westin and do not intend to use your hotel again. If you are interested in improving your hotel, below is a list of the issues we had with the hotel.
1. One of the main reasons we decided to stay at the hotel was because it had an indoor pool. The pool water, however, was extremely murky. We complained and the "engineer" told the front desk that someone must have gone into the pool with lotion on. We find it hard to believe that one person with lotion could turn an entire pool murky. The engineer was supposed to do something to fix the situation and later in the day the pool was a bit less murky, but overall it was pretty disgusting.
2. Soaps and shampoos were not replenished on the second day of our stay.
3. The breakfast buffet was extremely poor. The waffles were stiff and inedible. The selection of fruit was pathetic. Most buffets will have cut up fruit or slices of melon. Your buffet had whole apples and oranges. There was no a la carte menu. There were no cold cereals on the buffet. You had to ask to have cold cereal and there was only one option: Total. Although I was able to order oatmeal a la carte, the only way we knew this was by asking the waitress. One of the waitress' English was very poor and thus we had to search for another waitress to get answers to our questions.
4. At 1:30 in the morning the fire alarm went off. Although the hotel could not have prevented someone from acting like a jerk and pulling the alarm (which is what we were told the next morning), there should have been hotel staff directing guests on where to go once outside. Once outside there was NO hotel presence. The only staff we saw was one woman in the lobby running around frantically talking into a walkie talkie. She seemed to have no training on how to handle such an emergency. I shudder to think how the hotel staff would have dealt with this situation if there had actually been a real fire. It seemed to us that the hotel staff was completely unprepared for this type of event.
5. The hallways in the hotel are very dark and depressing. I realize that this is not the Westin's fault since the hotel design predates Westin's ownership. However, the dark hallways with low ceilings create a depressing feel as you walk to your room.
6. Our room was on the third floor and close to the pool. Consequently, our room smelled like chlorine and was musty.
The one nice thing I will say is that the staff was generally friendly and helpful.
I have stayed in Westins in the past and they have been much, much nicer than the Princeton Westin. My recommendation to Starwoods is that you label the hotel with one of your less prestigious brands so that guests are not upset when they realize that the Princeton Westin is not up to the quality of other Westins. Otherwise you are merely diluting the Westin brand.
November 30, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gerard57 Convenient location to Princeton area.
Good parking and cordial staff. Breakfast offerings limited.
June 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by KLFSONC Great hotel to stay
All was well but bar service in lobby was very slow almost every night we visited.
June 25, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by JOEZ1 Stayed at this hotel many times. but
We have always enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff is well trained and responsive These two days have not been up to the expectations not with respect to the room, but food service.
The in-room desert service was extremely slow, and the ice cream was full of ice.
Could live with that, but this morning, there was no hospitality suit as we had been told when making our reservations. That too was not an issue since we were given "vouchers" for a Continental Breakfast.
That became an issue.
When we arrived, there were no plates, bowls for cereal, spoons to eat with, and the "Regular Coffee" was an empty tank.
When we did go to sit with our breakfast, not ONE table among the many empty had been bused and cleaned.
While my wife did eventually get a two top, we carried our breakfast to our room.
Again, the front desk was very responsive, but something was lacking in the experience. Maybe it was the holiday weekend?
May 25, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Boppy This hotel was poor
Not very happy with your facility.
Would not recommend it or stay there again.
June 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MeinIN Love this hotel!
This is a beautiful, peaceful place to be. Love the staff and the surroundings.
June 23, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by MG1964 Not up to Westin standards
While the Westin Princeton was fine, my expectations of the Westin brand is higher than "fine". There were dirty red wine glasses on the windowsill outside our room when we checked in at 6 pm-ish. When we left the room to check out, one of the employees was lying down, apparently asleep, on the bench beside the 3rd floor elevators. In general the hotel seemed minimally outfitted and pretty vacant. There weren't any special touches or services that I've come to expect from Westin.
April 24, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Betterday4070 has seen better days
The staff here tries hard, is very helpful, gracious, kind and is well trained, yet there simply were not enough of them to do the work required. Our room was not cleaned until after 4PM and we had to leave the door ajar because they did not have a pass key. We had a group coming to have drinks in the bar before dinner, but the bartender did not show by 5:20 so we left. The service at breakfast in the restaurant demanded we find our own placesettings and mugs for coffee as there were too few waiters to keep up. This was much the same as last Thanksgiving when we stayed only this year the common areas show even more age with soiled upholstery and cracking vinyl sofas.
This is a good location, the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. It just needs more resources in order to redecorate and hire more help.
November 25, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Lance66 Disappointing
For $250 per night in Central New Jersey, I would have expected better conditions and service. The room was average, but certainly not worth the amount I was paying. I asked for wake up calls both mornings and never received either. The desk chair was broken and they replaced it, but the replacement was not much better even though it worked. This facility is not up to what I would expect of a Westin for starters and certainly not what I would expect for the price paid.
May 16, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Frustrated222 Stayed Diring Hurricane Sandy
I realize that there was a hurricane approaching but this hotel was totally unprepared for the swell of guests that would converge upon them.
- front desk was full of kids who did not know much and completely unattentive
- terrible food, and the Starbucks counter closes early (at a SPG resort!!!)
- the power was lost and the hotel could not get there generator on.
- had to eat even worse food in the dark
- one lame excuse after another by the staff on the generator situation
- had to sleep in an uncomfortable room with a two month old baby
- lines at the front desk were awful, people cutting me off in line and not one staff member could maintain order
- upon checkout I was surprised they actually charged me for the second night and food while offering nothing but a roof over my head
I am done with SPG hotels
November 2, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by FlytheTail Solid Westin
Spend one night here and overall was pleased. There was a large meeting at the hotel though so it was pretty chaotic when I checked in and noisy at times in the hallways. The room was in good condition and was seemingly recently renovated. I had booked a room rate that included breakfast but what they gave me was a $10 certificate to redeem at a very small coffee stand. No hot items are offered, it's really just coffee and pastries/muffins with nowhere to sit.
March 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Phooy Spring
I enjoy my stays at the Weston Princeton, but the beds are made like they are short sheeted. I always have to lft he matress and pull the sheets up so that my head is at the top of the bed. The heating system was very noisy and Because I was in the bed next to it I could feel its vibrations. That is why my answer to the sleep question is not excellent,
Otherwise I really do enjoy my stay.
April 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mana69 The Westin @ Princeton is First Class
I stayed for a weekend in June. The staff is professional & very accommodating. The rooms & facilities are exemplary! I will revisit next year.
June 10, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by sschladow Nice Westin with great amenities - expensive Internet
I usually receive free Internet with my Starwood stays, but for some reason this property did not honor my SPG status. However, it is our favorite hotel in the Princeton region, has free parking, great breakfast buffet and wonderful staff. They were really nice about an early checkin as we had taken a red eye to attend a funeral. however Starwood properties really have to stop charging for Internet as we are finding ourselves going elsewhere.
October 23, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sunnynomad Nice
I was able to use the facilities on this trip, but The pool area ran out of towels. The lady at the desk left the pool area before fresh towels were delivered, so I had guests asking me where to find them...30 mins later towels were left in a bag on the floor. Not easy for other guests to find them that way. Staff should be made aware that their voices can be heard through the doors. Conversations at 7 am should be kept at a minimum.......
August 8, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by hotelstayer1 Meeting rooms were not adequately temp controlled
Froze at some points, too hot at other. The service was hit or miss- why would the cleaning staff clean the bathroom shortly after the meeting started- it should have been done prior to the meeting. The staff were disruptive when cleaning away the break food. when you know the meeting will break for lunch, why not just leave the morning break items until lunch instead of disrupting the meeting..
Not decaf coffee in the sleeping room.
October 25, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by DLD2013 Warm and gracious staff
The features and amenities of this hotel were very nice. The staff were warm and gracious and always helped with a smile. My only discomfort was at night whenever the room's AC system kicked in, which was frequently. The clicking was load enough to wake me up each time, making it very difficult to get a good night's sleep in the the comfortable bed. Other than that, I would stay again at the Westin Princeton at Forrestial Village.
June 26, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 Excellent Service in Restaurant
There are two staff in the restaurant that provided excellent service this week. Rodney and Alberto were quick to serve each of my breakfasts, always got the order right and were attentive if i needed anything during my meal without being distracting. They both have great work attitudes and understand what customer service really means. They would be a great addition to my staff! I look forward to seeing them on my next stay.
July 19, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by TimS Great hotel
This hotel ranks very high on my list of places to stay. There are currently two recommendations that I would make:
1. If I order breakfast by using the doorhanger in the room this never gets replaced with a new one the next day which means I end up writing on scraps of paper the next day that I order breakfast.
2. Whenever I check out I ask for my folio of my stay to be e-mailed to me. I am always asked to confirm my e-mail details - which always end up being right in the system. Somehow when the check out staff member initiates the sending of the folio from within the check out screen it does NOT actually e-mail the statement. I usually call back later in the day and when the staff initiate the send from outside the check out screen it always works. The problem is that I have to call every time after a few hours. Would be good if that could be fixe3d somehow.
October 21, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by dkprinceton Disappointing "lounge"
Our firm has been staying at this Westin for almost 2 years running (we have about 20 consultants working in the area). Given virtually all of us are Platinum, we have enjoyed the "lounge" provided. I place quotes around the word lounge because at this Westin, the "lounge" is basically a room that is about 6 feet wide and 8 feet long. There is barely room for more than 2 people to be in the "lounge" at once. You basically grab your food and go.
Until recently, one of the best aspects of the lounge was in the mornings, the Westin provided two huge bowls of fresh cut fruit - strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, melon, etc. Unfortunately, I guess times must be tight for this hotel because those have all disappeared. Your fruit options now are apples and oranges.
For a brand such as Westin, who drive much of their marketing around healthy living (Super Foods, Westin Work-Out rooms, etc), it's disappointing to see them resort to saving money by removing these items from their lounge. I've stayed at many other Westins, and any that have a lounge have always included fresh cut fruit in their offerings (and by fresh fruit I don't just mean a basket of apples).
What's ironic is I can head down to the lobby and buy a cup of fresh fruit for $5! So much for rewarding their best customers!
June 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by JDKXY Outstanding Hotel
This is an outstanding hotel. The hotel rooms, event rooms, common areas, grounds, and surounding areas are all excellent. The staff is very courtious and helpful. Beautiful setting for a wedding.
May 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Court33 Highly Personable and Attentive Staff
I've been staying at the Westin Forrestal Village pretty consistently for the last 9 months. The staff, in particular at the front desk Thierry and Chris and in the lounge Ricardo, Mo and Navin, go out of their way to make me and my fellow travel companions feel welcome and almost like family coming home. They truly make business travel much more comfortable and pleasant - a suburb experience over other local hotels.
October 31, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by selcal poor service
You would think that being a platinum member, that someone would remind me of the amenities that i have earned in the past. I was not informed about the continental breakfast on my floor until the last day of my stay in which I accidentally saw on my way out. Needless to say that all of the food was gone by the time I was there. Also during this visit, I was never asked to be upgrade since I have 10 upgrades to be used. Since I was never told, I decided to use my upgrade for my guests and that was allowed on the next day before they checked in. At the time of my guest check in, they were downgrade to a standard room. On a different note during my same stay, I was trying to get a hold of my guest members and the front desk had a hard time connecting me to their room. So when I arrived to my room that night, I tried to call front desk and no one answered after about 20 rings.
June 1, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by kraw room not ready until 3 hours after check in time
Check in time was 4pm, we arrived at 6, and our room was not ready until after 7. They did not offer anything to compensate for our inconvenience.
May 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nome helpful and attentive staff
I checked into this hotel on a Wednesday night after a hard travel day. The front desk staff was friendly, understanding and very calming after my drive from Newark airport. They helped me get a table and service in the restaurant and when I checked out the next morning the front desk staff was again on duty and remembered me. Your staff is to be commended for attention and service!
January 17, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by AB66 Hate to Write...
Wow, the staff needs a lesson in customer service. We had a 5 night stay for business and everyday there was an issue...example all towels taken none left, when called for towels the manager brought 2 body towels only. When asked at door for more the manager got angry and then never brought additional towels...day 2 no toilet paper...the list goes on from billing to basic courtesy.
December 10, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by DM310 Great hotel but poor wifi in rooms
I am a frequent guest at the Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village and unfortunately noticed on this past stay an increasing lack of WiFi in several rooms - I had to be moved three times. I credit David at the front desk who had to run around to multiple room to find one with “full bars��. I implore you to remedy the WiFi situation as even in past stays I have experienced weak signals.
August 19, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by jt1212 Pretty nice hotel
Overall, this is a pretty nice hotel. It has a lovely indoor pool, though as some previous reviews have commented, it did seem murky. The lobby area is pretty but small by Westin standards. The rooms were fine, though the bathroom was in need of renovation, and there was a bit of a musty smell. The front desk staff was very pleasant at check in as was the attendant at the coffee shop.
November 27, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vlera18 Great getaway from the city
My Stay at the Westin was FABULUS especially when i have Dawan at the front desk, he was warm and welcoming thru out our stay. Our anniversary at your Westin was just what we needed. Thank you for making my stay extra special Dawan...vlera p
May 5, 2014