Rated 2 out of 5 by HDKVEHICLES NO REST
Those of us who travel and count on a good night rest and a good meal should be aware the construction noise which starts at 6 AM goes all day so forget the rest. If you have to come in late nights be prepared for a short breakbefore the noise starts. For all who want a good meal go elsewhere service is just not there extra long waits when you finally get someone and you will never see them again and you will have to chase someone down just to pay the bill and i am not talking about a buzy time of day.
Just not up to the starwood quality you find elsewhere.The Check in with Christine was the most pleasant part of staying there
November 9, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by e2014 title
The check-in process was pleasant with fun staff.
August 15, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by LCNYC123 Was Disappointed. Not on par w/ other Westins.
Was disappointed with this stay.
* Called them for shuttle upon arrival to DFW. Was told to go down the escalator to the courtesy van area and would be 20 minute wait max. After 30 minutes of waiting, kept calling. I was upset that it was cold and no one at the hotel said to stay inside prior to van arrival (they should do that - tell customers to stay inside when it's cold and will call upon arrival) and that the shuttle was late. Finally, I got sick and tired of waiting.... called hotel back to complain. Rep was nice enough to say to take a taxi and hotel would comp it. The taxi (for the 2 miles from DFW to hotel) was $23! Crazy high taxi prices in Dallas.
* Was upgraded into a suite due to SPG status. That was nice. However, the bed in the room was awful. Had a long day and just wanted to go to bed and the heavenly bed was disgusting. The bottom sheet was a gross polyster mix with fuzzballs on it and not the normal starched 100% cotton sheet. To top off the disgusting sheet - I found 3 hairs on the sheet THAT WEREN'T MINE! Gross. I was so disgusted that I started to sleep on the couch.
* I then decided that I shouldn't have to sleep on the couch and called the front desk for a room transfer.
* Was transferred to another room and the rep told me she'd bring me a new key to the new floor I would be on.
* After waiting an eternity and no one showing up, finally went down to front desk to get a new key.
* Was greeted by rude representative at front desk. She was like "Have you told the manager about this problem?" I was like "Um, no. I reported it to the front desk. It's your job to report these incidents to the manager. Not mine". She gave me a key, but didn't have a smile on her face or anything like that. As I was up since 4am that day and needed to get up at 4am the next day, I was in no mood to deal with the rep's attitude.
* New room was fine. It was a bigger suite. However, I forgot to bring my hotel slippers so I inadvertently walked on the hotel carpet in bare feet. Normally that would be fine, except there was this gigantic wet spot in the carpet leading to the bathroom. Gross. I can only imagine was the wet spot was from. Actually, I don't want to imagine since I stepped on it in my bare feet. :(
* Next morning was fine. The shuttle to DFW worked out well and the driver was nice. That was probably the highlight of my stay.
* Overall, would not stay here again. One bad experience would have been okay - but it was problem after problem at the hotel during a short overnight stay. Too many to handle.
* A Westin should not be riddled with so many issues. Would NOT recommend at all.
December 14, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by MSG101 Very Average for a Westin
The hotel was clean although obviously in need of some significant renovation.............appears very dated and worn in the lobby areas as well as my room...............staff were very good
August 10, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Trish59 This hotel does not honor it's contract
We attended our family reunion at your hotel and had a great time until our banquet which was held in the ballroom was cut short. I guess your staff wanted to go home early that evening and began taking table clothes off the tables and dismantling the tables at 9:45. How rude! We paid to have room until 11:00pm
August 7, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by leejeffrey Needs some improvement
Stayed at the Westin DFW for the Skyball event this past weekend. Airport shuttle pickup took over an hour from the time we called until the time we arrived at the hotel. No one was manning the SPG check-in desk when we arrived so we waited in line with everyone else. Got to the room and the outside lock took 10-15 key swipes to get the lock to open. Basically, the light would come on, but the lock would not release. While this was reported to the front desk, it continued to happen for the duration of our stay. The shower leaked water and could use some maintenance. The breakfast was mediocre. There appeared to be a station on the corner set up for eggs or pancakes, but it was never manned. The items were not replaced consistently as we notice more than one empty container. I will stay elsewhere next time.
October 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by jenyphur I always receive great customer service
Just wanted to write a quick review on your staff. Over the past month I have visited your hotel on 3 different occasions and have ALWAYS received excellent customer service. On my last stay, I was checked out by Nykke and she was such a bright, cheerful young lady. Please let her know that her smile and great attitude made a difference in my day. She's a keeper.
August 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ga2tx Great Hotel
Great location to work. The only draw back was the pool was very small and not that clean I felt. However, I wasn't there for the pool. Everything else was exceptional. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms were great!
August 6, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jerry40 My personal opinion of the "Westin"
PRO:The hotel and its staff were great. Everyone was helpful and friendly.
CON: I was more than a little takenaback by the breakfast buffet price. $36.00 for 2 was a bit rich.
Other than that I was very pleased with the Westin and will definitely stay there again.
July 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by JMF45 Another GREAT stay at the Westin DFW Airport
I have stayed at the Westin DFW Airport Hotel for three nights a month over the last year. Everything is great about the hotel (rooms, convenience to my work location, etc.) but the main reason I keep coming back is your people. It all starts when I arrive and the awesome Valet and Concierge gentlemen (I cannot recall their names but they are always there weekday evenings, 6:00pm, when I check in) remember me and greet me warmly. Next it is with the staff you have in the lounge. Everyone that I interact with is extremely accommodating, but I do have to call out Robert, Christine, and Liam as being the best of the bunch. Each one of them are truly customer focused which makes it a pleasurable experience each time I am in the lounge. You are very lucky to have them!
July 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by dtc49 Surpassed All Expectations
We couldn't ask for anything more. This Westin exceeded our expectations in every way. The staff, in particular our bellman Tony, were warm, welcoming and made us feel special.
August 5, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Smity1977 DISAPPOINTING
STAYED AT THIS HOTEL SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE WHEN IN DALLAS FOR BUSINESS AND PLAY, BUT THIS WAS MY MOST DISAPPOINTING STAY. CHECKED IN MY ROOM ON A FRIDAY, KEPT FINDING HAIRS (NOT MY OWN) THROUGHOUT THE ROOM, EVEN IN MY BED. CALLED DOWN TO THE CONCEIRGE SATURDAY MORNING TO MAKE MNGT AWARE AND WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE FIXED DURING THAT DAYS HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE. LEFT FOR THE MORNING AND AFTERNOON AND RETURNED TO THE ROOM SAT. EVENING, AND THE SAME HAIRS WERE THROUGHOUT THE ROOM AND THE BED. LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THE ROOM WAS MINIMALLY CLEANED. I CERTAINLY EXPECT MORE AS A PLATINUM MEMBER BUT WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. I WILL THINK ABOUT A DIFFERENT PROPERTY NEXT TIME IN DFW.
May 23, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mj3444 Business Travel
I have stayed at this property in the past and the staff has been very friendly, gracious and helpful. This trip starting with my check in the staff was very friendly. I had dinner in the restaurant 2 nights in a row and Liam and Christine were excellent. My experience was relaxing. I am looking forward to staying at this property in the future.
August 2, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ann212 This hotel has great customer service.
Everyone I encountered was very friendly, helpful, and made me feel very welcome at the hotel!
August 4, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jules007 very disappointed
I'm not sure where to begin but here goes:
1) I was happy to be on the 15th floor I thought wow, I will have a great view. When I got to my room I opened the curtains and half of the window was so dirty on the outside and streaked it was pointless to look out. Apparently the water had alsobeen leaking inside because the carpet had old water stains along with the drapes and the ceiling. The window was nasty inside and out.
2)I was there for 3 nights. Would you like to guess how many times housekeeping came to my room? The answer is none.
3. I am a heavy sleeper and spend one to two nights at hotels every week so I am used to "hotel noise" but I was unable to make it even one of the nights without being woke up by either loud guests or road noise.
4) I ordered room service the first night there and my food was cold, with soggy bread and the wrong dressing. The dessert was very good though.
5. I had an in room massage, first of all the times listed for massages say until 9pm but it is apparently only until 7 pm. The front desk told the masseuse the wrong room so she was late. There was no CD music played like the website lists, only the loud hum of traffic passing by. I do have to say the masseuse did a very good job.
6. When I checked in I asked for a late check out since my conference ended at noon on check out day. I was told that was not an option so on break I ran up to my room grabbed my stuff and checked out before noon. Only to find out one of my friends and multiple others got a late check out.
The bathroom was tiny and there was rust stains running down from the support bar. Also weirdly one of the pictures was missing from the room, just empty hooks on the wall.
As I said, I stay in hotels very often and in rooms that cost half as much and are a great experience. I was very disappointed on so many levels. Next time I stay in the Dallas area I will not stay here. I obviously paid a premium for a hotel name not a quality hotel.
May 5, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by jctx Good Location
Hotel is in a good location near Fort Worth. Our rate included the breakfast buffet which was very good with an omelet station, fresh fruits, and much more.
The only negative for our stay were the beds in the double room. They are double sized, not queen size. They are too small for two average size adults to share and made for uncomfortable sleeping.
July 30, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by CowboysFan Nice hotel; need minor improvements
The Westin was nice overall. Rooms were comfortable. Problems I encountered was one of the two suites I reserved was not cleaned at 6 pm. Also the noise level from the hallways, freeway and surrounding bathroom was a little annoying.
November 16, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lynne19 This hotel is very relaxing
The staff is fantastic.. You aren't just a number to them... They remember you personally
July 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by homeaway Best hotel to stay for business!
I really appreciate the comfortable room and the very friendly, accommodating, hardworking team. I travel weekly and the Westin DFW Airport has everything, great team and shuttle services and always quick to answer and respond. I forgot my telephone chargers in my room when I left and Sonya helped get them back to me at home thru my coworkers! Thank you! It is wonderful to have cheerful people answer the phone when you need something. Starbucks person is great too!
July 22, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Screen12 Nice hotel , very convienent
I would recommend the hotel to others
July 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by homeaway Customer Service
I come to the hotel every week for business and I left some chargers for my iphones in my hotel room and Sonya was so kind to track them down and give them to coworkers for me to bring back to my office. She called me back to let me know that they were found and has always been so helpful and dependable when I have questions or forget something. It really makes business travel much more comfortable. She is a great part of your wonderful staff.
July 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Doormen This hotel has great door staff!
I have to say the door staff far exceeded my expectations. They were very friendly and said hello every time we passed through the doors no matter time of day. It was pouring rain and I was not sure where I had parked my car. They retrieved it while we waited by the front door dry. We ended our convention and were rushing to the airport and they helped us with boxes. My experiences are all about the people I meet as they stick in my mind. These guys did a great job that I won't forget!
July 19, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by jslima Nice room, problem with booking
I had no issues at all with the room or the hotel during my stay. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, wifi worked well. Breakfast in the restaurant was fine - I just had oatmeal. It's hard to get excited about oatmeal.
I will say that because the hotel is near the airport, I did hear lots of jet engines especially in the morning. I was on the 14th floor, I am not sure if it would be any better on other floors. It did not bother me during the night, just something I noticed. It's near the airport... this shouldn't be surprising.
I did have a problem with my booking. Due to a miscommunication, two rooms were booked for me for the same night. I called 2 days in advance in order to cancel one of the bookings and was assured it would be no problem. I was told I would get a call back to confirm. I did not get a call back, so I called the hotel again. I was again told that the duplicate reservation was cancelled and I would not be charged. When I arrived at the hotel, I asked the front desk to check and make sure there was no second reservation in my name. I was assured that the second reservation had been cancelled and I would not be charged.
All in all, I was assured THREE times the reservation was cancelled and I would not be charged for the duplicate reservation.
You can probably guess why I'm writing all this - in fact I was charged for two reservations. Now I have to call AGAIN and go through a bunch of nonsense to get a refund for a charge that shouldn't have happened. Waste of my time.
July 29, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by SPGPlat2014 Typical airport hotel
Tired, a bit run down with indifferent staff. Even as. Lifetime Platinum this property wouldn't be on my top 20 list next time I'm in Dallas.
July 25, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Busntraveller Worst SPG experience
This has got to be my worst SPG hotel experience in my 13 years of being an SPG member. I came back to my room after a long hard day of work and the room has not been cleaned. I left a few dollars tip which I normally do and the money disappeared, meaning, the housekeeper took the money and decided not to clean the room. I asked to be moved to a different room and they said they are sold out (really?).
May 7, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Fischgreg Noisy sleepless nights
I stayed on the 4th floor. I coule hear every vehicle that went by in the parking lot outside. I could hear everyone in the hallway, even when they were not being loud. Because the 4th floor has an open balcony to the lobby, I could actually hear people in the lobby. Finally, each morning, there was a loud vibrating noise that woke me up. I'm assuming it was some water pipes. Very frustrated and tired.
Overall, the hotel was nice, clean and the staff was friendly. If it was not for the noise, my experience and rating would be better.
February 15, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dwain Renovations...?
There were renovations ongoing during my stay. The pain fumes from the renovations were so strong that they could be smelled throughout the hotel. I was on the 4th floor and thought I might pass out, the fumes were so strong. Thankfully, they must have receive enough complaints that it was not an issue for the remaining 2 nights of my stay.
July 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by GS48 Very good airport hotel
Great airport proximity, professional staff, very nice accommodations. Gym was very good as it usually is at Westin, but it was not well service as there was no water or sanitary wipes
July 23, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by RBC58 Accomodating
Nice hotel. Not a fan of the no towels and cleaning of room in lieu of points. Would never do that again. Very noisy neighbor (not hotels fault).
July 22, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by FJL0330 Late night was a dud.
Great hotel and the staff were wonderful. Helped arrange either the shuttle or taxi's to get everywhere and reccommended some fantastic loacl spots for food.
We were in for a large conference and only see each other on an annual basis. Shutting the bar area down at midnight really killed the flow.
July 18, 2014