Rated 4 out of 5 by Ahung12 6 Night stay could have been great.
Just returned from a 6 night stay at this Westin. As I wasn't 100% satisfied with my stay and felt that just a few key things could have made it spectacular, I'll focus on those areas of improvement. We were in 1706.
1. Sound isolation: On the 5th day of our stay, the room to our left was occupied by a large family, including two adults, at least one senior citizen, at least two small children and one newborn. Through the shared doorway between our two rooms, we could hear literally everything. Footsteps, conversation, banging, clapping, laughing, yelling and of course the baby crying. The last two nights were miserable to sleep. The kids running and yelling up and down the front hallway was also easily audible through the large gaps in the front door. Some better sound insulation between rooms and the outside is needed.
2. Screen door: The biggest shame to me during our stay was the fact that we literally were sleeping next to the ocean, but could only hear muffled waves through the balcony door which we had to keep closed due to fear of mosquitoes. It seemed to me that having a screen door there would have allowed us to hear the waves and enjoy the ocean breeze. Fortunately the nights cooled down to about 65 degrees during our stay, so we could sleep without the A/C running. But in the hotter months, you'd obviously have to have the A/C going and the noise of the fans would drown out any remaining ocean sounds, and it'd be much like sleeping in a Westin in any other location, not one on a beautiful beach.
3. Prices for Food/Services: I know this is not a minor topic but I have to believe that many other travelers like my wife and I sought out alternatives to food and spa services provided at the Westin. Most of the food we had was superb and there were some definite highlights there, and while we didn't utilize any of the spa services I'm sure they would have been high quality as well. Regardless of how good it was though, its hard for me to justify paying the Westin's rates when similar levels of quality could be found with a trip into either city. Some re-thinking of the food and spa prices might keep more folks in the resort.
1. Breakfast Buffet: Good selection and decently prepared foods. It was somewhat tucked away behind a column, but the buffet includes a Bloody Mary Station. No vegetable garden to toss in but it had the basics.
2. "Home-made" Coffee at dinner: probably one of the highest points of my stay was the Westin's "home-made" coffee. Simple to make but it is delicious stuff. Had 4-5 cups in each sitting, every time it was available.
3. Photography services: After having some sample photos taken on the beach by Leidy (sp?) the resident photographer, we signed up for a sunrise photo session on our last full day there and it was worth it. Bruno in the photo studio processed about 80 photos, and while we were set on purchasing just 10 really good ones, we ended up purchasing 15 because so many turned out so well. The packages here were reasonably priced, we felt.
4. Staff: Most were very attentive, and a few were genuinely warm and very friendly. The front desk resolved two noise complaints I phoned in very quickly and efficiently, kudos to their responsiveness.
5. The Beach: It was indeed swimmable during our stay, I was told by the lifeguard on duty that the water during that time was about as calm as it gets. The sand goes from rocky and coarse to somewhat fine and then back to rocky again, it is strange. The area where the beach chairs are set up is fine sand, but walking up and down the span of the beach can get a little rough on the feet if you spend time in the coarser areas, especially closer to the large rock formations.
February 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ALPDENVER Best Westin in Mexico
This was my 27th Starwood stay of the year and my 3rd Westin stay in Mexico and this hands down was the best. The hotel staff is beyond excellent from the valet, to the club lounge to the pool staff. Excellent rooms, very accommodating front desk staff and one of the best club lounges worldwide (made possible by the club lounge Staff alone). Every detail of the stay was perfect. From a welcome drink, to house keeping preparing a specially asked romantic setting this hotel was great.
I had a few special requests and the hotel did a flawless job of making this a memorable experience.
I enjoyed the location being off the beaten path and at times it felt like a private resort. The pools are great and the beach views are incredible.
I will definitely be back. It is a steal at 10,000 points a night.
December 13, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by JackieBirthday Attentive Staff
Great weekend at Westin Los Cabos. Special shout out to Adriana, Luis and especially Oscar for going well out of the way to make the visit extra special. Also thanks to Elena at the front desk.
Even though it's a big hotel, it felt intimate and boutique.
June 30, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by MisterP Great staff/service
Outstanding service from Enver and Ivan at the adult pool. They were working hard every day !!! Sylvia, a new employee, was also superb with her attitude and helpfulness. Miguel ,mgr., at Arricefies restaurant, offered exceptional service with an outstanding personality as did Adriena, mgr of the breakfast and dinner buffet restaurant. Many other staff in all depts. make the Westin, Los Cabos a very enjoyable vacation destination. Our second trip here and we will certainly return!
April 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gary16 awesome vacation
I took wife to this hotel for her Birthday day!
Upon arrival the staff sang Happy Birthday and we had margaritas. Had a royal beach club room- did not get a suite upgrade but it didn't matter the room was great and had a great view. We woke up to whales literally in front of our balcony every morning and almost all day long- it was truly an awe inspiring experience. The staff were fantastic, the fitness was good and I could watch whales while I worked out .We will return to hotel again!!
February 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Packman12 Hidden jewel!
Driven past this property from the corridor on previous Cabo visits but never stopped in. I am a SPG platinum member and booked a last minute trip.
Wow, I was blown away by the setting, property, and staff!!
The setting is a very secluded site, located directly on the water, with natural beauty.
The property is dramatic and unique. Our room had a full Oceanview and we left our window open every night so we could listen to the surf crash below us. They are doing a lot of work to upgrade and keep the property modern.
The staff was fantastic. They went above and beyond my expectations to accommodate any requests we had.
We are definitely going back!!!!!!
July 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rosy54 Great experience.
This is a beautiful hotel & we had a great experience.
June 23, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Acelsie Front of House Staff Inconsistent
Stayed here on two separate occasions within 10 days. Two nights on the first occasion followed then another night at the end of the next week. Checked in on arrival the first time and was greeted by friendly staff who called us by name and made us feel most welcome from the front desk staff to the bell staff all outstanding. Returning for a night at the hotel a week later. What a difference. Front desk staff never used our name. There were questions regarding the amenities offered as part of SPG (we are platinum members) . Responses from staff were curt and almost a take it or leave it attitude I found hard to believe. Then we were left to find our way to our room on our own and had to find our own bell man to bring our bags up. This sloppy service is not something we've experienced at any Weston or SPG property in te past.
December 5, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by cmai34 A Wonderful Weekend at the Westin
I had a great experience at the Westin, Los Cabos! My room, the facilities, and the staff were fantastic! I will definitely plan a return trip!
June 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jennifer74 Amazing staff!
We loved this property. From beginning to end, we had a great experience at this resort. From our first greeting from bellhop Alfonso, to the warm greetings and friendly dining services from our favorite waitstaff Karina and Anibal, the service was amazing. The rooms were very dean and comfortable and the views, beach and pools are all breath-taking. It is a bit pricey, but but we would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to go back.
February 23, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by RTW3 Service was not Westin Quality
I have never reviewed a hotel nor felt more compelled to do so. The service at this establishment was absolutely deplorable. The property itself was lovely - the rooms are very nice, very clean; the pool/beach area is wondeful both of which would garner my recommendations for future stays. The service, however, will likely keep me from staying here in the future. The working staff was super friendly but often lacked attention and follow through (beyond the language barriers you would expect). The management, however, was extremely unhelpful and often simply non-responsive (ignoring calls, responding several days later, etc.). I do not feel the service of this hotel is worthy of the Westin brand. Don't bother relying on Gold/Platinum service enhancements as the management / SPG desk seemingly care less about how frequently you stay with Starwood elsewhere.
January 8, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by fish09 Beach Attendants are great
I stayed with my family in two rooms. The staff in at the beach is attentive and gracious; we tipped accordingly. However, management needs improvement. Every interaction with them left me with verbal promises but none that were fulfilled. The stay was on points, but that should not be a reason to not treat us like non-paying members. I have been a Platinum member for over 3 years - that's a lot of travel in SPG hotels.
January 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dan007 The most beautiful Westin hotel of all!
My wife, son and daughter visited the Westin Cabo for March break this year... and of all the Westin's I have stayed at over the years around the world, the Westin Los Cabos is the most beautiful of all! The hotel location, design, rooms, amenities, ocean views, staff, security, beach, restaurants and bars... all excellent. I'll be back soon!
March 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Krosenb Rest. Relaxation. Beautiful. Attentive Staff.
Two years in a row we gave been guests at the Westin Cabo and the food, service and beautiful property keeps exceeding our expectations. Special personal thanks and appreciation to Jorge, at the Spa and then Ivan G. and Edgar who served us at the pool and always had great conversations and laughs with us. The whole staff made us feel like "rock stars". Gracias to all!
January 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Virginia So Welcoming
We have been to this hotel for meetings 4 or 5 times over 10 years. It has become increasingly superb over time and is the only location where by now there was absolutely no complaint about anything whatsoever in a group of over 100 registrants. The staff is very well trained and always pleasant and caring. The hotel itself is visually stunning. The food is excellent--even for meeting events, which is very rare. The excellent management oversight and training and cooperative attitude of the staff distinguishes this hotel. Hello to our travel friends at the Royal Beach Club Karin and Francisco (Panchito), and to Jasinto in the meeting wait staff and to the housekeeping supervisor whose name we failed to get at the SPG reception who was so pleasant and considerate and later checked on our housekeeping service. Thank you all for being so kind. When one is staying in a resort for over a week it makes a big difference to be recognized and welcomed every day.
March 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by dallis Beautiful facility in scenic area
Very friendly and professional staff! We were a little disappointed that you can't really use the beautiful beach at the hotel, but the pools were very nice.
August 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by FezFez 5 stars
I came for a solo vacation on award points. My experience was exceptional and I was treated like a king for no apparent reason. The architecture is jaw-dropping, the room was spectacular, the service was very 5 star, and the staff was top notch. Special thanks to Omar and Elena in reception, Karina in the RBC Lounge, and Ener at La Cascada. I can't wait to return.
October 22, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by travel81 Billing Issues
The overall stay at the Westin was mediocre. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful and the overall accommodations are similar to most large all-inclusive hotels. We booked our trip through a third party and upon arrival, learned we were not "all inclusive", though we paid for the service. Thinking it was our booking agency's fault, we purchased the all-inclusive the very next morning as there were 4 of us and in no way did we want to worry about costs on vacation. Since our return home, we have been charged more than the amount on our invoice received during check out and have since been ADDITIONALLY charged an EXCESSIVE amount! I called in this morning for assistance to receive NO explanation or help. Needless to say, we are furious and concerned. I have closed my account for fear of more charges. I have also emailed the accountant and am hoping she can provide answers. Please be sure to check your statements to assure your charges refect your hotel invoice as ours does not!
August 12, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Denver111 Great location!
Hotel has a great location. Exillerating to hear the ocean waves pound the surf while trying to sleep. Front desk and bellmen were extermely helpful. Food & beverage was adequate. Enjoyed El Curello but did not like Arricefes. It was overpriced for the food quality and service.
December 28, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jawmon Worst SPG Hotel Ever
I’m an SPG gold member and have traveled to my fair share of SPG Hotels. By far, this was one of the worst experiences.
- CLOSED POOL: My biggest complaint with the hotel was that during my stay on Memorial Day Weekend, for some unfathomable reason, the hotel decided to shut down the main pool and resurfaced it. Despite my reservation being made months in advance, I was never told until check-in.
- CONSTANT CONSTRUCTION NOISE: While there may have been two smaller overcrowded pools for everyone at the hotel, the experience of these pools was ruined by the constant construction noise from the main pool resurfacing and other reconstruction.
- NO OCEAN ACCESS: While it is not mentioned at the website, you can’t get in the ocean anywhere even close to walking distance from the hotel. So while you look at a beach, it is ALWAYS closed because of turbulent tides.
- SHADY MANAGER: The manager at the hotel was completely shady and couldn’t care at all about the closed pool, construction or that I was SPG Gold. When I was told at check-in about the closed pool and construction, he gave me a voucher for a free activity. When I went to go use the voucher, he told me it had expired. I couldn’t understand why as the pool was still closed and the construction was still on going.
- FOOD OVERPRICED: While we had one decent meal El Ciruelo, all the restaurants were completely overpriced. Get ready to easily spend $75 for lunch and $120 for dinner for two people.
- ISOLATED: The hotel is completely isolated. So unless you rent a car from the shady overpriced Thrifty Rent a Car desk, you are trapped at the hotel and forced to pay for their overpriced food.
- CHECK YOUR BILL: I would definitely check your bill at check out. I found food charges which were not mine. Their response was something akin to “we are a big hotel and it happens.”
I would definitely recommend that you stay at the Sheraton instead. That place was much nicer and closer to town. Not even close to the same experience.
May 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by amasund Very relaxing
We came here for just 2 nights for a mini-honeymoon and it was exactly what we needed. It was so secluded and relaxing. We had a beautiful view of the ocean from our private balcony. It was so nice to get up in the morning, take a walk on the beach and then settle in by the pool for the rest of the day. All of the staff we met were very nice and accommodating. Francisco at the Front Desk and Alberto in Arrecifes were two in particular that stood out. We were a little worried about transportation to and from, but we ended up taking the shuttle on the way there and a cab back to the airport and it was plenty easy and not too expensive. We hope to be able to come back and relax again soon!
June 29, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Danagu GREAT STAY
I enjoyed so much to be at Los Cabos. My trip was for a corporate meeting but I enjoyed the hotel, the food and the service. Hope to return with the family for a holidays!
August 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by JFBB Great Service!
We had outstanding over the top help from the concierge, Daniel Balleza- Daniel could not have been more helpful! And when it comes to the Margaritas Bar, Alberto is the man! Alberto was great during our stay and always had a smile- super service with the drinks in the heat!
August 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by MOSA2009 FREE WIFI
INCLUDE THE WIFI IN THE ROOM FREE
August 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by johnjudi14 Westin-Los Cabos
Fantastic resort and spa . Staff are exceptional. Very helpful, courteous and gracious. Resort is stunning. Spectacular views of the ocean. Awesome infinity pools. Very relaxing. Great restaurants and great food. One of the best Westin facilities we have stayed and we love Westin. This is must to bring families or just your wife or girlfriend. Very romantic location. Seize the moment and enjoy.
July 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Qiana Amazing Stay!
I had the most amazing 7 days that I have had in a LONG time. This place is absolutely gorgeous...I did not want to leave the stunning beach and resort. Hands down without question I will be back...again and again! The staff were nothing short of amazing.
August 14, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Heidi9 excellent
My husband and I had a wonderful vacation this past week. The staff was kind and excellent. The food was delicious. Everything was clean and comfortable. The pool area is so lovely, so relaxing!!! I celebrated my birthday while there and it was a great birthday. Thank you!!!
July 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mike140 My Cabo Experience
Had a great time at Westin in Cabo. Loved the colors and shapes used in the design of the building and landscape. The spa is superb! Very friendly staff and management.
July 31, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Zsubi Six Star Resort
Great gourmet meals, very clean resort and comfy beds. We were surprised by an early morning storm and the response of the whole staff was amazing. A special thanks to the general manager for his communication and professionalism. We will return.
July 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joanne14 Great staff
Every staff member was extremely nice and accommodating to our needs.
July 28, 2014