Rated 2 out of 5 by LessThanStellar2013 Disappointing experience
Attended conference at this hotel and was surprised to the degree in which hotel did not meet Disney affiliated/Starwood standards. Front desk staff in general were slow, as evident by long lines and no sense of urgency, They were less than hospitable, to the point of smugness. Despite early arrival was not able to occupy room until 5:00pm. Comforter had blood stains from previous guest. It seemed to be an inconvenience to the staff when we asked for replacement bedding and it took a long time for housekeeping deal with it. The automated gate to self parking did not work half the time. Overall, not impressed and would definitely not recommend.
December 4, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Eagle12345 Adequate
First time stay at the Swan. At check in they did not have a king size bed available, As requested during reservation and received confirmation as such. Entered the room to find water in refrigerator, called front desk took 5 minutes to a answer phone. Staff very pleasant and had frig replaced within the hour. Rooms are outdated, but location on resort makes it easy. Room walls are paper thin. First night, baby cried from 3:00 am non stop never heard an adults voice. Got. Up to find the room next to us unblocked and door ajar, called security took 15 minutes to arrive and another 5 minutes shouting through the door no one answered. Not hotels fault! Just sleepless night and 3 more to go!
November 29, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by QueenKK Very Disappointed!
1. $15 for parking?? Disney doesn't charge for parking on their lots, neither should you.
2. Had $100 taken out of my account for "incidentals" and wasn't told that was going to happen! Since it was only an overnight stay I didn't put much money in my account and had to move money over when I couldn't purchase souvenirs that I wanted too, because my card was declined! Thanks for that!
3. Had to pay $20 for 2 bottles of water that I never even drank. The other perks for that $20 were access to internet (free on disney property!) and the spa and gym. WOOOPPPEEEE! One night stay doesn't mean I'm going to any spa or gym since I was barely in my room the entire time for even 10-12 hours. This charge is just bogus! Even if I drank the bottles of water they are $1 a piece! Come on!
4. No family style restaurants in the Swan, you have to walk over to the Dolphin for food since there isn't even a bottle of cold water to buy in the Swan! Yes, they have drinks, but NOT refrigerated drinks! Why not??? Just bizarre.
5. Although I didn't feel it so much, my family that was from out of town and the reason I stayed at the same hotel as them had many complaints about the staff and how rude they were. Very few of them smiled and didn't seem interested in even being friendly.
6. No bar soap in the room. Family also had this complaint, no bar soap in their room either. I checked in very shortly after the housekeeping was in the room I was assigned. In fact her cart was parked and she was just in the next room cleaning. After using the bathroom I found there was no soap! So I used shampoo. Directly afterwards I found the housekeeper and she got me a soap out of the next room because she didn't have any on her cart! So if she didn't have a stocked cart, then that means that most of the rooms on that floor weren't going to have bar soap. Shame really. I didn't leave a tip!
7. Garden Grove. Ate the breakfast buffet. Not very good. The scrambled eggs were still a bit runny, not cooked enough. Their seemed to be NOT enough staff there and the wait staff that was there were definitely over worked. Hard to get refills on drinks, OJ seemed to be a premium item, should be a drink you can serve yourself but is something you have to wait for your waiter to bring to you!?! Danish's etc weren't very good and were kind of stale.
8. Some type of drilling or hammering above my head before 9am!! Not sure if there was remodeling or what going on but someone was drilling or hitting a hammer consistently above my head! What the heck?? If you're doing work in the hotel, don't offer a room directly below the work being done!! If I'd wanted to sleep in, I wouldn't have been able too.
9. The parking even for a handicapped person is so far away from the front door, it's like walking 2 miles to get to your car, with all your luggage etc. I don't have the money to pay for valet everytime. I've never felt overwhelmed walking to a parking lot on a disney property before, the Swan was way too far away for me and didn't help my pain level.
9 reasons I'll never stay at the Swan again. And will never recommend it. Sorry, it's a beautiful place, and I wanted the magic feeling I always get staying on Disney property, no matter what the cost, I most definitely didn't get that while at the Swan, and neither did my family members visiting from PA. They were just as disappointed as I was.
December 3, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by rmbsr12 My Recent stay Experience
I was quite disatified with the overall appreance of the romms my faily stayed in during our thanksgiving Holiday.
I secured 4 rooms during this period and although the front desk did an excellant job with locating 4 rooms together, 3 of the 4 rooms had odor and mildew concerns. The room my wife and I occupied 558 had an industrial fan in the bathroom area used to dry the carpets. and the room smelled musty. Our daughters room smelled like cigeratte smoke and mildew coated the AC vent.
When I went to the front desk and asked to move the front desk clerk said thses were the only rooms available and offered me a free breakfast voucher. So i have rooms that stink and I get a free breakfast. Interseting and no i didnt accept the voucher and yes my daughter was moved the next day.
December 5, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Dsmfu This hotel was below my expectations
This is the second time I have stayed on Disney property. I am very dissapointed with the price and quality of the rooms. Our room was small and smelled of old musty building. The toilet was dirty as someone had not cleaned it before us checking in. I requested that housekeeping not clean the room while we were there I even hung the sign on door. They came in while we were gone. I was not advised that we had to pay for parking. I could hear right through the walls. Our neighbors next door were so loud and woke us up early. Housekeeping knocked on my door at 8.00 am the day we were checking out. I felt like I was being kicked out of my room. Was the worst hotel i have ever stayed at. I could have gotten a nicer, bigger room off property for the price I paid for this hotel. I will never stay on disney property again.
December 16, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Suzrn81 Awesome!
I recently booked 2 rooms at the Swan for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I was a bit hesitant after I saw a few negative comments on the chat board but immediately forgot about it once I arrived. From beginning to end the stay was just as great as a Disney Hotel. The staff was knowledgable and pleasant and continued to ask if there was anything else they could do they get an A+, Rooms very clean with very comfy pillow top mattresses.and perfect pillows. Linens, towels, bedding all had a fresh crisp new appearance. Carpets, drapery and furniture clean and of great taste. I don't know if this is the usual rate but I was shocked to see how low it was from what I have seen in the past. It was perfect for my budget as I compared rates to the lower to moderate Disney Hotels. I will definitely return and give the overall rate an A+!
December 15, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Melissa411 Great hotel for the holidays
We love coming here for the holidays. The decorations are beautiful. We love the chocolate sculpture of Santa in the lobby. Santa, Ms. Claus and their helpers were so friendly. The carolers in The Swan hotel lobby were a nice touch. As was the cookie decorating in the evening. We will definitely be returning in the future.
December 16, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lyak46 It was ok..
This hotel could use a microwave in the room and the bathtub could have used updating. I asked one of the bellman for directions to transportation for magic kingdom and he seemed very annoyed with my stupid question. ...guess it wasn't his job.
December 16, 2013