Rated 2 out of 5 Not typical Westin
This hotel is at best 3 star hotel with 4 star prices. It is not worth the money.
October 2, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Darkwing36 4th time staying at this Westin
This was our 4th stay at this Westin Resort and we'll be back again...loved it.
September 25, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by rocky44 great swimming pools
swimming in pools and ocean very good .the rooms were not very good at all.
October 22, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Nicholas1953 Needs Updating
Great Location but the rooms in the central tower are tired and need updating.
August 31, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by SeattleMatt Great Location
Great views, location and ammeneties. We would definitely stay here again.
February 10, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cass A Piece of Paradise in Kaanapali, Maui
Beautiful grounds and pools and hotel employees were very service-oriented
September 21, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by bijou2 Paradise
wonderful!! The staff were great, and very helpful. The beds are so comfy!
October 30, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Aloha12 Small bathroom
The price for a room to have a bathroom like that is not worth the money
March 14, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by G1976 Gorgeous Property
This is a property that you leaving hoping you'll return again one day.
June 15, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Marc99 Great place to relax.
Very kid friendly, truly enjoyed my stay and so did my whole family.
September 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by LeftcoastCat Outstanding Service
Arrived at 2am in the morning. Staff helped wisk us to a great room.
June 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by countryside Hotel very comfortable
Once all work is complete it will be hard to find something nicer
October 10, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bartwc Hotel has great features
Clean and nice rooms. Friendly service and great location.
December 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by RJCJ0812 What an awesome resort! !
Awesome room. Great bed. Superior service. Would highly recommend.
May 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by TeeJ Westin Maui is a great place to stay
Beautiful grounds, nice rooms. Try the pool slide, it's very fun.
December 18, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by SPGSLT Excellent grounds but need more front desk staff
Recommend additional front desk staff. Waited 20 min to check in.
December 22, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bill The location is incredible
We had a great week and the staff at the hotel was fantastic!!
January 25, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Sunkissed Needs updating
Great location and pool. Rooms need plumbing work. Kind staff.
February 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by jk98 never have to leave resort
what caught my attention was the friendliness of staff!!!
October 7, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by wildfirekunal Noisy and commercial
This was my first trip to Hawaii - my wife and I usually stay at Starwood properties as this brand provides the best in class customer service. However we ran into a few problems at this hotel - mainly because it was packed with families and children - which made the place noisy and difficult for the staff to keep up with the high number of guest.
- First, there is no extravagant recognition for SPG Gold or Platinum guests. As I am a Platinum member, we got free breakfast, internet and access to the spa area. However the rooms were average. The first room they assigned was facing the parking lot - so we got that changed immediately. Don't expect a suite upgrade!
- This place is loud and all about spending $$, If you are going to relax, don't stay at the Westin Maui. If you have family and want comfort, Westin Maui will be a good choice.
- We opted for the "Green Choice". However if you opt for this option the hotel WILL NOT clean your room - in other words, they will not pick up thrash from your room etc unless you make a request.
I shared my concerns with the managers at the Westin Maui - Jeff and Kya. Apparently lot of gold and platinum members stay here so it is difficult for them to provide room upgrades to everyone.
July 14, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by suzers beautiful resort
Wonderful staff and beautiful beach and resort wss amazing
April 23, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by JanS5 Great Location
Loved the spa and gym and pool and location on the beach.
December 19, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by jmiller ok stay
hotel was nice was told they were remodling looked dated
January 14, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Kris Family vaca
Hotel needs to update the rooms. Grounds are beautiful.
March 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chessie This is a fantastic westin hotel with superb location.
From check in to check out, everything was first class.
December 4, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by disappointed4thelasttime I really want to like this place...
...but I'm done with it.
* The suites are nice and large, with very comfortable beds. They're also great about roller beds for kids. It works out really well for a family of four when your kids are old enough that they need their own space but not so old that you want to put them in a separate room.
* Great pool area, other than the usual seat camping that happens at a place like this.
* Renting a cabana is a great way to reduce the stress of finding a place to park yourself for the day, but it's expensive.
* Convenience - location next to Whaler's Village opens up a lot of options for food within walking distance.
* Never enough people working the front desk. The first experience (checking in) has been terrible every time I've visited. Not because of the staff, who are very friendly, but because of the wait time.
* The restaurant is horrible. They have rebranded it as Sugar House. Mediocre food; friendly but clueless servers if you have questions about the menu. Can't really fault them because the selection isn't great and the food is bad.
* The beach tower needs renovation. Old and tired.
* Good luck finding an exercise machine in the gym that works (none of the touch screen controls on the ellipticals worked)
* For some reason, I never get my Starpoints credited. I went out of my way to make sure they had the SPG number on the account (the folio shows it) but still no credit. Booked directly from the Westin website, so it's not an issue of going through a 3rd party.
Basically, Westin rewards program management is about on par with this hotel's management - leaving much to be desired. This place was good enough to bring us back for a few years, but I'm done with the Westin Maui in particular and probably Westin chains in general.
May 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by 808Ohana This hotel has friendly staff
Everyone was helpful, accommodating, and friendly.
May 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Reta13 Features
hotel met all expectations and visit was enjoyed.
March 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by War714 The staff is awesome!
Along with great features the staff was amazing
March 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by AaronMD exceptional location
the best part was that everything was so close.
March 10, 2013