Rated 5 out of 5 by SangK77 Fantastic Experience and Hotel
I booked 2 rooms for 3 nights for my family and in-laws to tour and vacation in Busan. Overall, had a great, memorable time and look forward to my next visit.
* Best views & location (on Haewoondae beach) and really nice looking hotel
* Fantastic Activities/Tour programs by the hotel (FaCe team). Our entire family booked 3 activities and was blown away by the level of service, professionalism as well as sights/ beauty/ experiences of Busan. We did the free Dongbaek island tour (1 hour hiking) as well as two other reasonably priced tours by boat, and hotel bus ride into hearts/history of Busan. My father in law commented that tour leads are cream of the crop (or luxury brand) on overall level of service. Thank you Mr. MJ Kim and Mr. MJ Choi!. You also get free professional photographs during the tour.
* Great Platinum benefits (great breakfast buffet, evening service with cocktails, and tasty dishes, sauna, etc with caveat.. note below in "Cons")
* The most of hotel staff, including cleaning staff were kind and had smiles, willing to help * Room service dishes were tasty and reasonably priced (vs. on-site Hotel restaurant prices were bit high)
* Good live music playing at two 'bars' at hotel
* While almost all the staff smiled and was courteous, I did get a cold look when I asked an older looking gentleman behind the bell desk if he had a trashcan for two empty water bottles...no big deal
* As Platinum member, I got free access to the club room but you can't take anything out, even water bottles/soda! and no kids are allowed (very different from US where you can take water or food back to your room or go in with your kids). I ended up going up by myself (so wife can look after the kids) and was told that I couldn't bring bites/cake back my wife. Was bit unhappy with this. Due to no kid policy in Club room, for breakfast, the hotel allows you to eat at the hotel buffet restaurant (which has more selection & nicer) and pay 1/2 price for kids. Hotel breakfast buffet is fantastic - both Korea and Western styles; highly recommend.
December 8, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by JackYats SPG Platinum for many years, but
I stayed at this hotel for my family vacation.
I have 3 kids; therefore, I usually book two rooms. All other SPG hotels always gave me upgraded room, and usually arrange the connected or at least near by. However, this hotel arranged us two non-upgraded rooms in different floors. It was very uncomfortable to visit other room and not good idea for a family with small children. All other SPG hotels also gave me breakfast and other SPG benefits, such as free internet, but this hotel gave me no breakfast and no free internet on other room. I usually stay SPG hotels for 40~70 days in each year, but this experiences made me disappointing with SPG.
December 29, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jackie Double check your room rate!
The hotel is lovely and the ocean view room was very nice. The only problem I had with the hotel is the fact that when I checked in they did not go over my room rate with me and when I checked out I found out that they charged me more than $200 dollars over the amount that my reservation showed. when I showed the rep. my email copy of the room rate and totals she got confused and started making phone calls. 10 minutes later she still couldn't get a manager to come approve it and we had a train to catch. I did not sign the credit slip and she made a copy of my email reservation and took my phone number down. She told me that they would call me after the manager had a chance to look the reservation over. Needless to say they never called and when I got home from my vacation and looked up my credit card charge, I saw that they had charged me the extra money. I was sent a email from them stating that they charged me for and extra person and the rest was for taxes and service fees. On my reservation it stated that there were 3 persons and the room was a triple with 3 single beds. It also stated that the taxes and fees were included. So beware if you stay there. the location can't be beat, but the hotel is very expensive for everything including food. I can't recommend this hotel because they should have contacted me before they charged my credit card when I had not signed the receipt due to the rate change.
October 26, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by KirbyWe My last stay at this hotel
While I love the location, the staff here is the worst. As an SPG Platinum member with 86 nights this year, many of which are in this hotel, I would expect better treatment. I was disappointed last night when my room was not upgraded and was told at check-in that the hotel was fully booked. When I got to my room is smelled like cigarettes and I thought really!!! This is what the hotel thinks of me and how they show their appreciation. It wasn't until I complained and was calling other hotels that they decided to move me to an upgraded room and without the smell. I find this situation in this hotel almost every visit and almost can never get a room upgrade without complaining? I have tried to use my suite night awards here as well and those are useless in this place. Why give an award for status that I can never use. I am extremely displeased with this hotel and will be leaving early never to return. I walked out of the hotel this morning at 0500 to go exercise and the front desk staff looked up at me and didn't even acknowledge my existence.
September 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lew024 Hotel was wonderful
Our stay at the hotel met or surpassed our expectations. The room and the view of the beach was magnificent. The staff was very helpful. The dining options were very good; the food was prepared well. Although on the beach, it was a short walk to public transportation. The only thing lacking was the spa/beauty parlor - my wife wanted a facial but could not get one in the hotel. As we did not see all that we wanted to see in Busan, we will be returning and will definitely return to this hotel.
May 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jack Great hotel, fantastic location
Location: Best choice in Busan! In Chinese geomantic theory, this hotel faces the ocean and has a hill back, it will gather the wealth and health for the guests. That's why APEC chose here in 2005. Booking an ocean view room is a must! And in the morning, just walk around the small hill, it's very beautiful!!
Service: As a SPG Platinum member, it is recognized as always, I've booked 3 rooms for my colleagues and me, all of us received warmly treat and complimentary room upgrade. The breakfast in executive lounge was quite good as well.
February 14, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Edmond The worst Hotel in my life
1. Location - Perfect. It's really nice that it's in the Dongbeak island and if you choose ocean view, you can see the whole Haewondae beach.
2. Room - Cleaniness was perfect but you can smell other rooms smoke even though they have no smoking-room and you can hear the noise and quite big vibrate of upstairs. If you are keen, you MUST stay other hotel or top of the Westin Busan.
3. Service - Terrible. My expectation of Westin Busan was Category 4 but I felt 1 or 2.
I couldn't explain every situation because my English skill was not enough for. I really felt insulted. They ruined my last days of 2012, I never go there.
January 1, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Peter2018 Great location and amenities
The Westin Chosun is an older hotel, but refurbished very nicely and in a great location. The property has prime beachfront real estate and is right next to Dongbaek Island Park, which is a beautiful park filled with camellia flowers and with views of the ocean. An upgrade to the Club level is definitely recommended and well worth the additional charge, as it includes some very nice amenities such as a free breakfast buffet, afternoon snacks, and happy hour at the Executive Club (pour your own drinks!). The breakfast buffet in the club was very good, and included plenty of Western and Korean choices. Club room guests also enjoy free admission to the Fitness Club and sauna, as well as nicer toiletries (Aveda), and free internet. Rooms tend to be on the small side, especially the bathroom. But our ocean view room definitely didn’t disappoint and service was superb throughout the stay, from check-in to the restaurants to the fitness club and sauna. There is a lot to see and in Busan but we didn’t want to leave the hotel!
March 22, 2012