Rated 5 out of 5 by Ijaridzal Hotel for comfort
Excellent service! Best Egg benedict!!
October 13, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sperry8 Exemplary service and great location
Absolutely perfect location for seeing the sights in Seoul in the middle of all the palaces and a few blocks from the metro.
Service is fantastic with smiles and friendly helpful personnel rivaling the service provided in Starwood Thailand hotels (and that's saying something in my opinion).
SPG Platinum recognition is fantastic as well. Large lounge with extended hours for you to enjoy beer, wine, alcohol and excellent food. It can be dinner if you so choose. Large spread and different every single night. Upgraded to Junior Suite mid-stay (as soon as one became available). Platinums can also enjoy free buffet breakfast in Aria (or the lounge). The buffet breakfast in Aria is a huge spread and will serve all type/appetites.
Gym is super large and airy. Pool is a bit crowded as it's set up as a lane pool so more for exercise than lolling about.
The only negatives re this hotel are two-fold:
1- The rooms are older but are in well kept condition. If you're expecting brand new modern rooms you'll be disappointed.
2- The biggest issue I had with this hotel is the door quality. It is thin and allows for significant hallway noise to enter the rooms. Initially I was placed in a corner room so the noise was kept to a minimum as the only time someone needed to be in front of my room was when housekeeping cleaned the room across from me (which only happened 1x per day). However, my Junior Suite was right next to the elevator bank and this is when I noticed the door/noise issue. Not only do you hear everyone walking by (guests, cleaning crew, etc.) you also hear the elevator ding which is set to a terribly high volume. It goes off all night and day. Personally I would never choose a room near the elevators again.
However, other than this I truly enjoyed my stay here and would recommend this hotel.
September 22, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by SPG517 NO LONGER THE GREAT HOTEL I ONCE LOVED
I have been a long time guest to Westin Chosun. As many have mentioned, you will notice little to none Platinum recognition, unkind and unapologetic associates/managers downplaying their mistakes and emphasizing the smallest favor from the moment you check in. I have listed 5 things I noticed that changed most; long story short, if you don't plan to spend much time at the hotel, this is a great location with access to many restaurants, shopping malls, and cultural attractions. If friendly staff matter to you, do not stay here.
- Staff Attitude: I noticed that there have been a massive change of staff with new faces and attitude. Expect minimum service (ex. Getting your keys to the room), they are civil / borderline rude. What's annoying is that they are very nosy; they want to hear every detail of your request and reasons for your request (ex. reasons to why I am asking for an extra chair) and yet come up with little / no solution (ex. not providing one). What's more annoying is that they lecture you on why your request cannot be made. Rather than trying to understand / help guests within their given capabilities (ex. I called to report that AC is not working properly), they will make sure to exhaust their guest with lectures saying that they know what's best for the guest (ex. AC is working fine). So if possible, do not waste your time / energy to get better service; it will go in circle - best to just deal with it and thank for the fact that you only need to stay there for a period of time.
- Breakfast buffet: You only see 50% of what they used to offer five years ago and at a lower quality (and yet they charge you the same amount). The range / quality of dishes, bread, soup, fruits have all gone down significantly and by the way hey also charge 2-year olds. The food offered at other SPG hotels in Seoul (including the ones with less stars) was much better.
- Overcrowded Guest Lounge: Unless you go there at 6pm sharp,often there are no seats available and since there are so many people with limited food, you almost have to compete for the snacks among other guests.
- No more Seating Area and Restrictive Elevators: The hotel got rid of all the couches. If someone comes to visit you, he / she has to wait in the lobby while STANDING. With the new elevator, you can only go to the floor where your room is -- while this could be due to security reasons, it has given more power to the (unfriendly) staff you would rather not deal with in case you change your room or to visit a room where another guest is staying.
- So-so rooms: The hotel boasts for the fact that everything is newly renovated, but what they do not tell you is the fact that the rooms are exactly the same; no changes were made to the rooms (only gotten worse with no more in-room computers, cell phones with less furniture). Even with the upgrade, the rooms are not that big.
September 11, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mil352 Best Westin ever
Highly professional concierge team, allowed me to plan my leisure stay in Seoul well ahead. My expectations were exceeded on every recommendation / reservation they made. The rooms are well equiped for business stays and spotlessly clean. The standard size room feels spacious enough. The lounge has exceeded by far my expectations and appears to be extremely well run. The hotel enjoys a good reputation among Koreans. They actually say that it tells something positive about you, choosing to stay at the Chosun.
September 4, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jennee My Favorite hotel
When traveling to Seoul, this is my favorite hotel. Perfect location for shopping and sightseeing. The staff are friendly and helpful. The beds are like heaven and I love their shampoo and little extras. The rooms are clean and they even do a turndown service. I only wish they were pet friendly! I would love to be able to bring my little dog. The buffet is amazing and they sometimes have good deals which include breakfast. They gym is amazing and equipment is all new with cold towels and water. Pool is nice but you have to wear a cap. This is normal in Korea, i guess. There is an airport bus that pulls up to the front door. I highly recommend this hotel.
August 6, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by KARSTEN71 Perfect located Hotel in the center of Seoul
Perfect and comfortable stay - i will come back
July 26, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by ItalianAusie Asian Delight
Great place to stay in the heart of down town. If you like the hustle and bustle wonderful retreat.
If you like to have a drink bars not so great will be very expensive even for the most discerning. Then again we didn't stay there for the drinks.
July 13, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by dobygot One of the Best SPG Stays
The BEST location for us (myeongdong shopping and subway access). It's such a great thing to have a place to drop stuff off a few steps away, or being able to shop until they kick you out, and then few steps away you're back in your super comfy room.
The room was SUPER comfortable, just large enough and king bed was soft but firm, perfect for us. Four nights of GREAT sleep.
The staff was super helpful, professional and courteous. The BEST staff I've encountered so far from all my SPG stays.
The Hotel Lobby is classy, and modern, top tier in Asia. The breakfast buffet is good, they do eggs benedict on request!
This was my favorite SPG hotel and stay yet! Make sure you try the affordable and convenient KAL limo bus from the airport and to the hotel. You can also buy a return ticket after you check-out. Super convenient.
The staff at the front door helped call back the limo bus as we missed it by seconds, and the super kind driver actually swung back around to pick us up. All so that we could save 10-15 minutes! Again AWESOME STAFF!
May 20, 2016