Rated 1 out of 5 I need my money back
I visited the shore club resturant for my birthday . I booked before 2 weeks ago via internet . When we arrived at 7 pm we waited 17 min to be seated, then we set on the worst table in resturant , i asked the manager to change the table , he said we cant do any thing this right now. If you like wait 30 min and i will move you some where else, that very bad and i really disappointed from this resturant how they deal with customers. I paid 165$ which is not bad but they should respect private ocations. I need my money back or i need speacial arrangment for next visit
May 3, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by choysum Exceeded Expectations
Was here for a conference. Room facilities were great, responsive staff, excellent food at the conference. Location is fantastic.
April 26, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by UnsatisfactoryWestin Nickel & Dime Experience
This has been the worst Westin I have stayed in. I am a gold Member and expect some benefits - but even non-gold members should be disappointed with these problems.
- Local and 1-800 calls - Free? NO - $1.77 + $.22 tax = $1.99 per call
- Paper delivered to door? NO - twice in 5 mornings there was some by the elevator I had to go to the lobby to get a paper - when I asked about this at the Gold desk - I was told they stopped delivering to room doors awhile ago - but they could add this to my profile - the problem is my profile already had this listed.
Gold member late check out - I asked for late check out - calling from a Gold member floor - and was told I had to call back on the day of check out because they weren't sure of the availability - I reminded them I was a gold member - they apologized and gave me late check out - as I am guaranteed;
- in room Television - an ancient old Philips with crappy remote - took over an hour to get the remote delivered when the first one died and I had to call to remind them.
- Golf channel listed in Westin "Stay Well: Directory as ch 78 - it does not work - I called the front desk because this was Master's Week - the suggestion was "try the sports channel"!
- When my remote was not working I saw an ad on the initial channel about downloading an ap to control the tv - I did this but needed a code to activate the ap - I called the front desk and they had no idea what I was talking about - they called back and said this service was not offered in this Westin;
- a cordless phone in the room - the battery didn't hold a charge;
- a weight room - yes but down a grungy hallway and an even older tv that got fewer channels than the room and didn't even get the sports channel and with some odd music piped in that had no volume control to turn it off or even down.
- a business centre - yes, but you have to swipe a credit card and are charged $5.95 for maximum 15 minutes to even do a search then if you want to print a boarding pass - that's another $1.00 per page!! Unbelievable.
I normally love the Westin - I am coming back to Ottawa for 10 days in May and it won't be to the Ottawa Westin - I would recommend you try another hotel brand as well.
April 11, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Flynner Great hôtel bad policy
My last stay march 22 to 24 was a bad experience .I am a long time client and preferred guest member at the westin.On that last trip to Ottawa I left my wallet on the kitchen table at home.I noticed the situation too late I was almost in Ottawa.After explaining my situation and giving the clerk my Amex card info in full I was refused the room under my name.I was given access only if a credit card was swipped.Wow for helping a valued customer feel good about is business choice for the last 15years.I know well you will understand my decision to stay somewhere else for my next business and family trips to Ottawa!!
March 27, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Suz123 Beautiful rejuvenating experience
Helpful, friendly, efficient staff. Great view of parliament and the ottawa canal. Beautiful, clean, modern rooms. Big comfortable bed, great shower. For a recommendation make the hottub a bit hotter.
February 25, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by AJC54 Weston Ottawa
Excellent accomodation. Will definately book again when in Ottawa.
December 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Agro13 Very comfortable Stay
The hotel is located very centrally and conveniently. The staff are very friendly and accomodating
December 5, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by WDoc Great hotel
This location is well suited-downtown Ottawa and connected to an upscale shopping mall. Very close to the Parliament Buildings, Byward Market, Convention Centre and the Rideau Canal. Great facilities and excellent service
November 26, 2014