Rated 5 out of 5 by GHMH This hotel is a model of excellence in hospitality
From check in to check out, at every level of meeting our needs we encountered efficiency matched with courtesy and friendliness, which, in our experience is unmatched elsewhere.
May 25, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jesse44 EXCEPTIONAL STAY
Exceptional service from front desk especially Breann, room service and special service- fast, efficient, professional, knowledgeable, helpful and pleasing. The 'chicken cobb salad' and 'roasted chicken panini' were very delicious- yummy yummy. EXTREMELY clean facilities, lobby, hallways, garden, elevators. VERY quiet elevators--- Love it.
April 2, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by ellea Overall Review
Our overall stay at The Westin Prince was
good. However, there are things this hotel needs to improve on:
- Dusting the mirrors, headboards, lamps and anything that would collect dust. I am allergic to dust and can immediately sense them the moment I walk into the room. The amount of dust found and had to wipe off (just on the headboard and mirror) was enough to cause discomfort.
- Bathrooms need to be renovated. The bathtub/shower needs an anti-slip coating as it can get very, very slippery when entering and there is nothing you can hold on to. This is very dangerous!
- The tv is not of good quality. We wanted to stream some movies from the laptop and watch it on the television, but it would not read and accept any connections from the laptop.
On the bright side...
- The staffs were very friendly and welcoming. They responded to room service fast.
- The bed was comfortable, which called for a good night sleep. Rest and relaxation was not a problem.
- First impression, in the lobby, was nice and very clean.
February 23, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mollis Stayed here many times
I have never been disappointed. The hotel always looks in fine repair, the staff is kind and responsive, the beds are very comfortable. The restaurant offers fresh, delicious food at reasonable prices. How does it get any better?
February 4, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by Glenn9876 Cleanliness Issues
This used to be my go to hotel in Toronto, friendly staff, clean rooms, access to 401/DVP.
January saw me stay 7 nights at the Westin Prince. Last stay was January 26th to January 31st.
Recent Stay Issues:
1st Room booked King but only 2 double beds available hotel was sold out was upgraded to Deluxe Room though (stayed 3 nights in this room)
-1st request to housekeeping to provide new pillow case went unanswered
-Bathroom sink had previous guests soap stuck on side of sink, when housekeeping was notified no one showed up
-Plunger on sink (open/close drain) was broken
-One side of pillow case wine stained pink from wine (about 1/3rd of pillow)
- Bathroom shower had black mold on back ledge beside bathtub that ran up glass 1/2 inch wide and 3/4 - 1 inch high
-Desk lamp did not function
All issues manager came up to room and verified conditions.
Points for 3 nights making the Green Choice not applied to account.
There were a few other issues but were professionally resolved and exceeded expectations in resolution. Cleanliness and Housekeeping issues were not resolved.
It appears this hotel is going through some sort of transition perhaps to a budget no frills, and are trying to cut costs at the expense of cleanliness and housekeeping responsiveness. Perhaps this is because of the recent purchase by Marriott, and although independently owned need to cut costs. I have 5 upcoming nights in Toronto, and I have booked elsewhere. It will be a while before I stay here again, which is a shame the staff are friendly and welcoming.
February 3, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Flyingtailor Meeting Sunday night
Very seldom do I have a business meeting on Sunday night this stay was one of them. Good business hotel good location. The hotel could use a bit of an update in hallways but other then that a solid hotel.
January 19, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by kaypeg needs updates on heating
Overall the hotel is ok but improvements should be considered.
The heaters make loud banging noises
there is a constant humming in the rooms.
Both our room and our kids rooms had the same noises. My son was going to switch to a different floor but it had the same noises.
The bathrooms have been somewhat renovated but the grouting is not good and there is a lot of patches around the shower - kind of an eye sore. Otherwise the lobby, front area and the food areas are very nice.
November 16, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Atgndy Food
Although the breakfast was decent, I was disappointed with the evening food. Otherwise all good.
November 10, 2015