Rated 5 out of 5 by Jennifer74 Amazing staff!
We loved this property. From beginning to end, we had a great experience at this resort. From our first greeting from bellhop Alfonso, to the warm greetings and friendly dining services from our favorite waitstaff Karina and Anibal, the service was amazing. The rooms were very dean and comfortable and the views, beach and pools are all breath-taking. It is a bit pricey, but but we would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to go back.
February 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gary16 awesome vacation
I took wife to this hotel for her Birthday day!
Upon arrival the staff sang Happy Birthday and we had margaritas. Had a royal beach club room- did not get a suite upgrade but it didn't matter the room was great and had a great view. We woke up to whales literally in front of our balcony every morning and almost all day long- it was truly an awe inspiring experience. The staff were fantastic, the fitness was good and I could watch whales while I worked out .We will return to hotel again!!
February 17, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by DonH031953 Good, but could be better
Great location, but there were two problems that should be fixed:
1. My room was not ready when I arrived at 3PM. Since I am GOLD SPG, they said I would be upgraded. After a 45 minute wait, I was taken to a first floor room with a view of the lawn. (All rooms are supposed to have an ocean view.) It took over 2 hours to get me moved to a decent room with a view. Also, I had to call the desk at least 5 times to get someone to come.
2. Reserving pool and beach chairs. By 8 AM most morning, virtually ALL pool and beach chairs had been "marked" with a towel and/ or book. Some would be empty for hours before someone would actually claim the chair. THIS SHOULD BE STOPPED!
December 30, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Acelsie Lover this Hotel - Front Desk Staff Needs Direction
This is a great property from top to bottom. My only complaint or disappointment was with the front desk staff. On check in there was no recognition of my SPG status, confusion about the amenities award given that I'd booked two separate rooms; no information about the Royal Beach Club and our keys were not coded for access to the club. Had we not stayed here before we would not have know about it at all. Away from the front desk the staff was outstanding and the facilities amazing. However first impression cast a big shaddow on a stay.
December 7, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by jemctag One of my favorite Starwood Properties
I've stayed here several times. Each time, I've been upgraded to a Royal Beach Club Suite. As a Lifetime Platinum, I appreciate that. Service is impeccable from valet to front desk to the restaurants. The RBC staff is outstanding as is the bar staff at Arrecifies. Very accommodating to our every need and then some. Wonderful views. Love the day bed and jacuzzi on the balcony. Wonderful to open the doors and listen to the waves crash on the beach at night. Frankly, you never have to leave the resort to have an awesome, relaxing vacation. In fact, just booked for Thanksgiving 2012.
February 5, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by DenverMama This resort is absolute heaven
I surprised my husband for his 40th birthday with this trip. It was the most wonderful vacation we have taken! My husband is an architect, and was absolutely amazed at the resort itself. We were greeted with margaritas and a "Happy Birthday" to my husband + our room was decorated with ballons, streamers, confetting and a cake - it was SUCH a fun arrival! The staff was so incredibly friendly and attentive. The rooms are so comfortable and clean and relaxing. The pools and beach are fabulous. The fitness center and spa were perfect. We had the most AMAZING Thanksgiving dinner at La Cascada - the food all week was so delicious. The chefs in their formal chef attire were adorable. The evening music was so fun (a 3-piece with vocalist one night and an 8 piece mariachi another night). I am a starwood member, but not elevated status. And yet we were treated like royalty! I can't wait to go back to the Westin Los Cabos!
November 29, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by AMS54 Outstanding experience, great use of points!
Used points for romantic vacation with my wife. Upgraded to a suite overlooking the ocean with private hot tub. Royal Beach Club for Platinum members is fantastic - delicious food, good wine, nice atmosphere. Pool is nice and relaxing. Spa was also great. The staff even handled a tropical storm with very minimal impact. Would recommend to anyone looking for couples or family getaway. Only downside is that it's a bit far from the hot spots ($30 cab is OK, but becomes expensive) --> I would recommend they set up a shuttle from airport as well as to/from Los Cabos.
July 15, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ahung12 6 Night stay could have been great.
Just returned from a 6 night stay at this Westin. As I wasn't 100% satisfied with my stay and felt that just a few key things could have made it spectacular, I'll focus on those areas of improvement. We were in 1706.
1. Sound isolation: On the 5th day of our stay, the room to our left was occupied by a large family, including two adults, at least one senior citizen, at least two small children and one newborn. Through the shared doorway between our two rooms, we could hear literally everything. Footsteps, conversation, banging, clapping, laughing, yelling and of course the baby crying. The last two nights were miserable to sleep. The kids running and yelling up and down the front hallway was also easily audible through the large gaps in the front door. Some better sound insulation between rooms and the outside is needed.
2. Screen door: The biggest shame to me during our stay was the fact that we literally were sleeping next to the ocean, but could only hear muffled waves through the balcony door which we had to keep closed due to fear of mosquitoes. It seemed to me that having a screen door there would have allowed us to hear the waves and enjoy the ocean breeze. Fortunately the nights cooled down to about 65 degrees during our stay, so we could sleep without the A/C running. But in the hotter months, you'd obviously have to have the A/C going and the noise of the fans would drown out any remaining ocean sounds, and it'd be much like sleeping in a Westin in any other location, not one on a beautiful beach.
3. Prices for Food/Services: I know this is not a minor topic but I have to believe that many other travelers like my wife and I sought out alternatives to food and spa services provided at the Westin. Most of the food we had was superb and there were some definite highlights there, and while we didn't utilize any of the spa services I'm sure they would have been high quality as well. Regardless of how good it was though, its hard for me to justify paying the Westin's rates when similar levels of quality could be found with a trip into either city. Some re-thinking of the food and spa prices might keep more folks in the resort.
1. Breakfast Buffet: Good selection and decently prepared foods. It was somewhat tucked away behind a column, but the buffet includes a Bloody Mary Station. No vegetable garden to toss in but it had the basics.
2. "Home-made" Coffee at dinner: probably one of the highest points of my stay was the Westin's "home-made" coffee. Simple to make but it is delicious stuff. Had 4-5 cups in each sitting, every time it was available.
3. Photography services: After having some sample photos taken on the beach by Leidy (sp?) the resident photographer, we signed up for a sunrise photo session on our last full day there and it was worth it. Bruno in the photo studio processed about 80 photos, and while we were set on purchasing just 10 really good ones, we ended up purchasing 15 because so many turned out so well. The packages here were reasonably priced, we felt.
4. Staff: Most were very attentive, and a few were genuinely warm and very friendly. The front desk resolved two noise complaints I phoned in very quickly and efficiently, kudos to their responsiveness.
5. The Beach: It was indeed swimmable during our stay, I was told by the lifeguard on duty that the water during that time was about as calm as it gets. The sand goes from rocky and coarse to somewhat fine and then back to rocky again, it is strange. The area where the beach chairs are set up is fine sand, but walking up and down the span of the beach can get a little rough on the feet if you spend time in the coarser areas, especially closer to the large rock formations.
February 16, 2014