Rated 4 out of 5 by pepperdine105 Amazing Concierge - Mr. Lutz
So my entire review is around the concierge who totally made the trip for my wife and I. it was business trip for me, but the wife was along for the ride and she really needed help to plan her days and our nights and I have to say that Lutz is really everything that one would expect, but never finds in a "true" concierge. He is a total gentleman and knows the city and surrounding areas like no other. We took day trips out to Potsdam, like we were pros. I just really cannot say enough about the care he gave us. Not just because we are Platinum SPG, but I imagine he gives this level of service to everyone that asks. He could foresee trouble and give us solutions and prepare us for anything.
September 12, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by faruk Very snob stuff
The problem started when I checked in and finished when I checked out. They started to insist I was not platinum member and I insisted there times to check from the system and finally accepted to check in and they corrected. They never gave any information about my benefits. They never told me anything unless I asked . She was talking with me very cheap.They were very nervous and irritating .When I reach the room the some of the pillows was smelling very badly. They still haven't send me the invoice. I was in a hurry when I checked out but they were very slow and don't care my situation it took more than 15 minutes
September 9, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Club2430 Interesting
I used suite upgrade but the room I was allocated really did not justify a suite upgrade. I do expect a suite not to have a shower over a bath...
A quick word with reception and the room was changed for the second night to an AMAZING suite. I know the hotel was busy for the first night.
I do like the personalised room welcome for SPG plat cards.. it simply very nice.... but there was no recognition at this hotel from the management.
Heavenly bed was S U P E R B and the breakfast was a real highlight..
I am sure I will return.
September 6, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by canuckle Central location, Poor Customer Service
I expected much better from this hotel. It is ideally located, near many sites and restaurants but this is where the glowing commends end. The hotel utterly failed when it came to customer service and recognition of Platinum status. Here is the breakdown
1) not given upgrade (low floor, base room) at check (after 3pm) but told no room available
2) asked them to see when and was told to wait at bar and they would give me an answer
3) after 40 min, returned to front desk and was told they did not hear from housekeeping yet. When asked why they did not call them, I was given excuse about them waiting to hear instead of being proactive
4) decided to go out since I no longer trusted them to give an honest answer
5) Also told I had 2 choices for Plat amenity - pts or breakfast, when I asked what local amenity was, told that I was not given that choice, though agent suggested perhaps something in room (no amenity in room)
6) when room was finally available, waited even more as agent went to back office, not sure why but she said to get the card key (which was coded at front desk not back office!) No consideration of room preferences or even upgraded room.
7) only 2 of 4 elevators working and no indication of where stairs leading to 3rd floor were. How does a hotel have half their elevators inoperable for over a month with no indication of when they will be resume service?
8) Only 1 bottle of water in room - other hotels offer 2
9) Housekeeping walks into room unannounced (no knock or greeting at door before entering.) Staff are lucky I did not scream at her for this intrusion and waited for her to leave (which took about 5 seconds before she even saw me staring at her from the desk).
Very difficult to understand the lack of proactiveness and professionalism of staff during their failures....and no attempt to rectify situation or get manager to speak to me, just hollow apologies and no effort to make amends.
The hotel should be embarrassed by these events and if the management is serious, they should be making an effort to reach out directly, not give useless form response like "next time you come, we will do better" (like they do for other Reviews) as I have no faith they will do better as they show no desire to improve the stay quality. (It appears that with the new GM appointed last year, there have been a few negative reviews of the hotel from Elite SPG members).
August 16, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by Magdy The hotel is God
The hotel is so nice and perfect . But the staff not in the same level of the hotel . I stay only for one night . Arrive to the hotel so late . The front disck treat me not so good . I asked for best avalble room as a life time platinum . But she gave me room numbe 172 so I walked lng time and used to alvetores to arrive to the room . And I didn't find any aments in the room even bottle of water . I liked the hotel so much but yo sell servece if he service not good enough so doesn't mean any thing else . If you do the with life time platinum geast . So what you will do with normal geast . Sorry to say that ,but to improve the service ,
July 22, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by carjo a great experience
all one could ask for in a city break - helpful and friendly staff - comfort - excellent breakfast and excellent location for visiting all the major sights. my wife and I particularly appreciated the bottle of bubbly and strawberries delivered to us on the day of our golden wedding anniversary.
June 12, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by HDM55 nice Hotel
the staff was very friendly an accmmodating, the Location is very good
May 10, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by wiggles2 Poor correspondance,disappointment!
A group of 9 adults with 3 small children stayed for a three night stay. It was for a special occasion so we said we'd go all out and decided to stay at The Westin, Berlin. Check in is where the dissapointment unfolded. All requests that I had asked for months previous to the trip had not been met. It was clear that the hotel had not recieved any correspondance from their employees who had guaranteed all to me by email and over the phone.
March 29, 2016