Rated 4 out of 5 by Montesquieu Excellent attention, food and room comfort
Dedicated staff, delicious food and perfect room comfort. Definitely a place to be!
July 9, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ruedi The Hotel keeps what it promised
High standards of infrastructure
High standards on food/beverages
Top customer servic
Friendlyness of staff
September 5, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Catherine1 Bad start
When we arrived at the hotel we were disappointed that although we had specified that we wanted a sea view we were given a room which looked straight across to other balconies.We were told that as you could see the sea when you went out on to the balcony it had a sea view.However we were given another room which did face the sea but also overlooked the tennis courts so the view wasn't actually great. The next disappointment was that our luggage took so long to be brought to our room that we went down and got it ourselves. One of the hotel supervisors noticed how fed up we were and offered us a junior suite to make up for the inconvenience,we did not accept this as it had the same view as the first room offered. After this bad start everything went smoothly, the room was spacious, well equipped and clean, the food and service in the Quadro restaurant was superb and staff generally were polite and friendly. My only other complaint was that on one day of our stay we came back at four o'clock after a tiring day in M'dina to find that our room had not been made up, we had to ask at reception twice before a maid cleaned the room and we did not get in there until five fifteen!
February 23, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by WendyB Exceeded Expectations
The service and facilities were outstanding and well situated.
Malta and the Westin Dragonara were fantastic.
June 10, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by johnrob999 Excellent service
From the time I booked in to the time I left, I found the service to be excellent.
June 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by butcherboy great hotel malta
great hotel have been here 4 times so much better than most hotels in malta
looking forward to our next stay
November 4, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Tonytiger Good but the food needs impovement
3-4 star hotel, not 5 star!
July 31, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by nick18 this is one of the best hotels in St Julians
Equipped with many comforts could improve greatly with small but important tricks
June 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sanderschipper Wondeful hotel
Stayed here for 4th time in 9 years. Allways been very good.
June 30, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lullo2008 Super hotel
Nice hotel also for children. 2 fine pools and a very good fitnesscenter.
July 30, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jonnypr 2nd lovely holiday at the Draganara
Our second visit at the hotel and enjoyed holidaying there every bit as much as the first.
August 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ela2014 Exceeded our expectations.
We had an excellent break and everything about the hotel was good.
June 12, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ralph1150 A very good hotel
My third stay and never desapointed.
July 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Eric16 This hotel has great features
I'd recommend this hotel for business travelers
June 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by bert23 beautiful setting
Staff were very friendly and room service very fast. Walking distance to town.
November 8, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by marriottpraiser The hotel is exactly a Westin shld be
elegant, stylish, convenient and well attended. also great surrounding
July 31, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Creus i fantastic view excellent service
i fantastic view excellent service
June 25, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Danish This hotel needs renovation
This hotel needs renovation
July 3, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by PeterKG Pool and Sea
The Hotel has nice Pool areas and a goog Sea access posibility.
September 19, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by PJ333 Tower Room 501 is Fantastic
I was very spacious, the view from the terrace was fantastic.
August 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pacchy All service is excellent.
Very kind staff help us to enjoy our stay in this hotel.
May 28, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by DannyB Needs improvement
The hotel is situated in a great location. Staff typically is friendly but bound to strange rules.
At the pool for instance inside sombebody is collecting towel cards and handing you a towel for each card. When a card is lost you need to pay 25 euro. There is no help and very little service at the pools. When you return the towels after a certain time you need to go to the main reception desk (while wet and in swim clothing).
The pool is also used by Hotel staff. You actually meet your cleaning lady and restaurant servers at the pool sitting next to you.
When ordering a meal or drink from the pool you get it delevered in a cheap plastic cup or plate. Plastic at the pool isn't bad, the cheap stuff which breads as soon as you use it is. Epsecially when you pay about 12 euro's for a sandwich.
The Sandy Cove (sand beach which the hotel advertises with on their first page first image) is literally 20 meters long.
When arriving there was no bell boy to take the suitcases. SPG desk was unmanned.
Rooms are clean but very old. There is no alarm clock, the minibar is not cold. Upon mentioning this a fridge was placed in the room which was friendly. That fridge however also didn't really work. The hotel is OK but needs improvement.
August 7, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Acki This hotel will be one of the best in future
All Staffs were attentive and friendly all the
June 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by eag3607 Hotel and Staff are great
The staff is great very professional and friendly
February 25, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by matto all thinks very good
This hotel very good service and rooms
February 6, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Bruise Bruce Weiss
Great Gym, service is good!
February 4, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by BJF65 Not the Hotel for you if you want a break from children!
We use Westin Hotels around the World professionally. They are of a good standard with good facilities and that is true for this hotel. What we had not picked up on was the overriding target client for this hotel is families with children under 12 who stay here free.
The resulting effect is that young children are everywhere. The Bar and restaurant areas are noisy and have food all over the floor at all times of the day/night. Even the well sign posted adult only sun lounger area is invaded by families with young children and the young staff are too intimidated by the parents to enforce the adult only policy.
In Westin Dubai and many other areas of the World Westin provide WiFi in the rooms for free. The WiFi here is only complimentary in the Lobby and Bar resulting in children and teenagers using this area as if it were their bedrooms and lying around at all times with phones and tablets on Facebook etc.
The other point we found unsatisfactory was that food is served at any food outlet other than the main hotel area in plastic boxes with plastic cutlery packs. Not very good when your hot sandwich arrives wet from condensation with soggy crisps/fries and wilted salad!
Overall we felt that whist this Westin has the normal corporate infrastructure it needs to come with a warning that it is staffed by inexperienced teenagers on summer contracts for customers who are children under 12.
August 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by j75fr Excellent!
Without any doubt this is a place I will recommend to everybody.
- Unique location in Malta with beach, two outdoor pools and enough space to find a quiet place even during high season
- Fantastic team of professionals. You feel that they enjoy their work and are happy to help clients. Exceptional for a hotel of this size!
- Fantastic concierge team (Malcolm and George) - high professionals!
- Nice indoor pool and fitness center
- Wonderful rooms with sea view. I think that almost all rooms have at least partial sea view. Even in a lower category the rooms are of a decent size, well equipped and pretty modern. The suites are simply wonderful.
- The Heavenly Bed alone is already a reason to spend a night at the Westin.
- The Executive Lounge with a real dream team (Marija, Yvonne and Pam) serving you every morning great breakfast on the terrace with sea view. Wonderful evening aperitif.
- Very good restaurants at the Westin and a lot of choice within 5 min walk
- The Dive Center, a 5 Star one - fantastic!
What could be better? Well, the sundbeds could be replaced by more comfortable one's and the beach area should be refreshed in the near future. Drinks at the pool area are a little overpriced but not abusive.That's it in our eyes.
We loved it and we will come back!
September 17, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jenny18 Customer service needs improvement
The stay in the hotel itself was very nice, the facilities were lovely and its staff we came across during our stay were generally nice (bar the exceptions in this review). However, there are a number of areas in its customer experience it needs to improve on to call itself a 5-star hotel.
1. I had accidentally booked a room the night before using my SPG points. On the day of actual check-in, I thought the manager at the counter had kindly agreed to let me use the SPG points from the day before. I only realised this wasn't the case when I checked my credit card statement and saw that they had charged me for that night almost 3 weeks after I had checked out. They didn't send me any email with the statement or warn me about this outstanding charge.
2. I was staying with a friend but we were checking out at different times. I checked out at the SPG counter and was presented with a bill of charges, which I paid before I left. Two hours afterwards, my friend received a call saying that I hadn't checked out and there were outstanding charges. He panicked thinking that something had happened to me. I travel quite often but have never stayed in a hotel which has claimed that I hadn't checked out when I had or been presented with charges on three different occasions (including a bill three weeks after checking out).
3. I sent an email as soon as I checked my credit card to the Westin querying this late charge but didn't receive any response.
4. I then followed up with a phone call and gave the manager, Cecilia, this feedback. Whilst I appreciate her offer to provide some assistance (though she was very unspecific about what this assistance entailed) the next time I visit Malta, she didn't offer any immediate assistance in light of this bad customer experience. Given I am a Gold member and my friend is a Platinum member, I would expect better customer service than this from this hotel.
I would recommend the hotel upgrade their system to ensure that all charges are presented in one statement upon check-out and, if there are outstanding charges, these should be immediately billed and the customer should be notified beforehand. I would also suggest that the hotel train its staff to ensure that there are no mis-understandings with its customer.
September 30, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by ViAn Hotel/Rooms/Staff/Food
We have stayed in the hotel for 8 nights and originally booked a luxury room with the sea-view. We arrived rather late and had very fast a professionally organized checked in, however the room we have been given was light years away from the luxury room with the sea-view. There was no sea view at all, it was just above the restaurant facing another wing of the building, very loud and smelling like food once the balcony door is opened, It had small balcony and you have to really lean out to glance at the sea. We were highly disappointed and went right away to reception to ask for upgrade possibilities.
The reception staff was prompt and highly organized and offered us and upgrade to one of the tower rooms , we had to pay 50 euro more per night and could change the room only the day after, which was eventually ok with us. Tower room was indeed a nice sea-view room; however the rooms (as well as the hotel) are quite outdated.
The breakfast buffet is also somewhat of disappointment for this kind of hotel, the choices are very limited and it didn’t vary for all 8 days. No free WiFi is also no go nowadays.
The dinner: we have been once to Quadro restaurant, which was nice (not fine food though, as they claimed) but good food and nice view. And another time we have been to Italian restaurant below Quadro, there unfortunately was a big disappointment. Food was below average level I couldn’t even eat half of my main course.
The best thing what we experience in the Hotel is Concierge services, in particular George (thanks to him again!). He was extremely helpful, organized for us couple of amazing places to dine, all the tips and suggestions he gave were just excellent. This made our stay really good!
June 17, 2014