Rated 4 out of 5 by Tcoopernca As a Road Warrior I'm saying:very good hotel
Really enjoyed my stay - nice room - terrific bed -- awesome restaurant
April 9, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by SM716 Quality has gone downhill.
I have stayed at the Westin Governor Morris a few times and always had good experiences. However, this past time didn't quite meet my expectations. First, the air conditioning did not work properly in our room. We had the thermostat set to 65 degrees, and the room was 70, if not warmer, the entire time. Also, the phone next to the bed did not work. This isn't necessarily a big deal considering there was another phone on the desk, but it is still an inconvenience. We were also disappointed when we wanted to rent a movie through the TV and later learned that this feature is no longer available. We were surprised that there was no radio to plug our iPhones into either. There was only a small clock radio which is extremely outdated for this day and age. Most, if not all, the hotels we travel to have this capability. I live locally and usually stay at this hotel just as a treat for myself and my significant other to have a short getaway. I would stay again, but definitely wouldn't rush back. Perhaps a few minor upgrades would have made the stay more enjoyable.
March 31, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Unhappy53 Not up to expectations
We've stayed in many westin hotels before and have grown accustom to certain expectations. This was why we were surprised with the experience we had here. We checked in around 5 pm and the place was virtually empty, which is why we were surprised that our room was right across from an ice machine. We were heading right back out so we didn't have time to go change to another room at that point so we hoped it wouldn't be an issue. It just seemed odd with all the rooms available that they would choose to give us that room. Then we dropped off our luggage quick before heading back out and when we went to use the room safe it had a low battery, so we couldn't use that. And then worst of all when using the lavatory the toilet tank wasn't refilling with water so wouldn't flush properly. We had to open up the tank to jiggle the flotation device to get it to fill up. That happened a few times during our one night stay there. The hotel itself was beautiful especially the lobby but the rest of our stay just wasn't up to westin standards.
March 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Harris50 beautiful weekend getaway
We enjoyed a perfectly wonderful getaway weekend at the Gov. Morris. The staff was perfect, the room was great, and the restaurant was amazing and delicious. Every aspect of our stay here was delightful and relaxing ! We will be back soon !!
March 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sharon6 Westin is my first choice when traveling for business or pleasure
When entering the lobby at The Westin in Morristown NJ, you are greeted with welcoming staff, trendy decor, and clean surroundings. The rooms are always clean, the heavenly bed is simply heavenly, and the pub at this hotel is top notch. This hotel had struggled for years before the Westin took over. Now it couldn't be more successful. Bravo Westin.
March 21, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Me11 NOISE
The hotel had a party on the second floor with LOUD noise and a DJ until 12:30am. I was in a 3rd floor room and it was like I was at the party. It was ridiculous. After complaining, they comped my room but that didnt make up for the lack of sleep and pounding headache. It is ridiculous for the hotel staff to not inform guests of such and to place guest in rooms directly above the party. It is clear from reading other reviews that this is common at this hotel and the management has taken no steps to address the problem which shows a complete lack of respect for the guests. I warn travelers to NOT stay at this hotel.
December 14, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by TLNJ Room
The hotel is clean - I was in town for business and 30 minutes late for my meeting because the alarm clock was plugged in the switch outlet....WHY? If it wasnt for a phone call I would not have made my meeting at all.
March 12, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Rashnap Horrible for weddings
We had our Wedding ceremony, reception and farewell breakfast events at this Hotel and the Hotel mismanaged our entire set of events. I was shocked to find out a Westin hotel could have such low performance standards.
- They did not provide us an open bar for 5 hours as per the package. The bartender regularly abandoned the bar. He even refused drinks to our guests for no reason. Overall, they reduced the package by at least 1 hour but they charged us for it.
- We had contracted for table side wine service but our guests barely got one pour of wine during the reception speeches.
- They did not have enough cutlery for our 300+ guests even though they charged us for this number. Our guests had to eat dinner on dessert plates, share forks and spoons and were even asked by the hotel staff to use napkins that had already been used by others!
- They messed up several items that hold great emotional value for a newly married couple. For eg., the staff led us into the ballroom at the reception before we were formally introduced by our MC (there was no need for them to get involved in our evening program as we had outsourced it to a day of wedding planner), they changed the size of the family table at the last minute leaving family members scrambling for free seats,
-The staff is generally incompetent and rude and does not believe in customer care.
- They tend to place several inaccurate charges on your credit card, so do check your credit card statement if you've been to this hotel.
For all the reasons above, I would not recommend this hotel as the service does not match up to the price you pay. The hotel seems inexperienced and disinterested in hosting large non-corporate events.
March 13, 2014