Rated 1 out of 5 by jackie04 Not for the mobility challenged
Waited 30 minutes in hot sun for cart to go to room, found out room key doesn't work, waited another 10 minutes for security. I was hoping water would be back on, two days in a row water shut off at 12:30 pm.
December 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Doc67 Almost" 5" Star
This is a great property and we visit on a frequent basis.
Obviously a profitable Starwood location based on the new investment in the facility.
Open a signature restaurant on the property.
Set up a Westin Kids club
Rake the seaweed out of the swimming area.
Have island music entertainment lunch and happy hour.
December 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by CURT56 A VERY RELAXED VACAYION
MY WIFE AND I HAD NO EXPECTATIONS IN ARRIVING IN ST. JOHN . WE FOUND WESTIN STANDARDS IN OUR VILLA AND THE RESORT IN GENERAL ESPECIALLY
SINCE IT WAS STILL SLOW SEASON AND THE ONGOING RENOVATIONS. YOUR SHUTTLE CART SERVICE WAS EXCEPTIONAL!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!
December 5, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pat09 Unbelievable setting
This resort is set in the most beautiful area. Snorkeling was wonderful. The only drawback to the stay was the construction. Once that is completed this will again be excellent.
November 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DrDi1 Westin St. John is fabulous
We have a condo at the Westin St. John. Every time we visit we are thrilled. The accommodations and staff are amazing. Don't miss this opportunity.
July 13, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by AriG Horrible customer service
My review is on customer service: it was horrible and in keeping with many of the observations and comments on tripadvisor and the resort's website
I had a made a 5-night reservation starting November 8, 2014: the cancellation policy stated a deadline of Friday Oct 24th
Due to a change in our plans I decided on Saturday, October 25th to cancel the reservation. 1 day late, but I was hoping for some leniency.
Far from it - I had to experience probably the worst customer service I have experienced in a long time: they actually tried to nick me for extra nights and the general tone was not amenable to good customer service, least of all someone with an SPG ambassador status.
1) I called three times on Oct 25, no one picked up
2) On October 26th, I called up my SPG ambassador and she tried calling them up while I was still on the line, still no luck. She kindly left a message for the hotel.
3) On the morning of the 27th, there was still nothing so I requested my SPG ambassador to escalate.
4) Finally on the afternoon of the 27th, someone from the villas calls up and says that she has to charge me for at least 3 nights (that’s 3 * 866 USD = $2598)
5) I protested saying that at the most it should be 1 night since it was the hotel that did not pick up the phone.
6) This Villas management is obviously not too big on customer service because it took me a full 15 min to counter her belligerence with reason before I could make her see the logic: she finally agreed to charge me just 1x night
7) The next thing I see is that I’ve been charged $952 (that was above the rate of $866 which was inclusive of taxes). I’m sure they have some explanation - resort fees this that, but the point is the lady after all that insanity did not make the effort to even explain what the charges might be.
8) Obviously en route to SPG ambassador status, I’ve stayed at multiple SPG properties: almost without exception the service has been exemplary. The Westin Villas at St. John sure bucks the trend. Far from feeling bad about not responding over the weekend and showing the grace to make an exception (usually, if you have Platinum/Ambassador status most places are willing to be a little more accommodating) and waving the entire fee, they put a loyal customer through a wringer.
Obviously there are some guests who have had a good experience but in general if you read the reviews on the Westin website or on tripadvisor a general theme of rudeness seems apparent. For the money they charge, it’ll take a brave person to play that game of roulette: I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. I should note however that everyone else outside of the resort (for example my Ambassador, was outstanding as usual: unfortunately her hands were tied by the hotel’s belligerence)
October 27, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by jjmorrow Poor Experience
Staff is slow to respond. Hotel in need of updates. Renovations on going. Hot tub out of order. Waterfront water trampoline removed.
April 26, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by BKD1 Wonderful Stay! Thank You Westin!
Just there for a quick 3-night visit and we had a wonderful stay - even with the hurricane scare! The staff at the front desk was great - I wish I wrote down their names to thank them all. A guest was checking in before us with Carlos, and Carlos mentioned that the room was just about ready. The guest was not very pleasant, and my wife and I had to laugh. I want the GM to know that Carlos was perfectly polite.
We stayed in room 3110 and loved the walk up the hill. That was our exercise for the day. The beds are great. The tile in the shower looks dirty, but we knew it was clean. It's hard to keep tumbled marble looking new. Plenty of nice towels. Kitchen was great!
Loved the pool, beach, iguanas, etc...
The girls at the towel hut were awesome. Actually, every employee we met was friendly and helpful. Nice job to all!
Anastasia (short dark hair) was incredible Monday night with the "hurricane buffet dinner" at Lemongrass. We wanted to do take-out, and she took great care of us.
The new construction didn't bother us at all, and it was actually exciting to see the improvements.
Again, we had a great visit and can't wait to return! Thank you Westin!
October 16, 2014