Rated 5 out of 5 by sandi Location, Location!
We had a great experience at the Dublin, Westin. The location was fantastic. Easy to walk to many areas of the city. Our room was clean, comfortable and well stocked. As always we had a great night sleep on the Westin bed. Everyone at the hotel was eager to please and exceeded our expectations. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
May 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by AMart Excellent Accomodations by the Manager
After a terrible flight we arrived at the Dublin Westin to find that there had been a mistake in our reservation. Despite a completely book hotel, Simone the manager was able to pull some strings and make sure our stay was incredible. Thank you.
May 17, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by patrick This hotel was comfortable but has room to improve. (10-day stay)
I will share the pros and cons of my stay.
- The bed was *extremely* comfortable
- The gym and equipment was plentiful and well maintained. The machine and weight selection was great.
- The location for nightlife was good. Temple Bar is right across the street.
- All staff was super friendly
- The channel selection on TV was very poor. My fiance stayed in the hotel during the day while I was at work and had very little to choose from in English outside of the news.
- The connections for the patch panel were not hooked up to the TV. You could visually see the cables wrapped up behind the TV. This means I couldn't hook my laptop up to the TV over VGA or hook my Apple TV (that I lugged across the world) up via HDMI. I called and had concierge come up and check on this and it was decided that I had to hook it up directly to the TV :(
- The refrigerator did not stay cold. My fiance bought some food at a local grocery to keep in there to eat and it spoiled over night.
- All internet connected devices have to hook up to an internet browser to get online. This means that even though I plug in a laptop via an ethernet cable, I still have to get to a browser to use it. This makes using an Apple TV impossible since it doesn't have a browser.
- Wireless internet was not that fast. We could not skype/facetime over the wireless here but in another hotel close by
May 16, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by fredis Not my hotel
Sorry, i am a SPG Platinum lifetime member and i have expected more from this hotel. I stayed maybe five years ago the first time and tried to give the hotel an other chance. I stayed this time for two nights. I do not want to go in details. The checkin was very boring and took so long, that i have to wait an other three hours. Was at the reception around noon. After 3pm i was asigned a writers suite, was so dark and there was an horrible noise. At last got a deluxe suite, which was very big. But not everything worked well. The restaurant want to be more, but the quality was not the best and the service, poor. Also for breakfast. The recognition overall was out of everything. Will stay no more at this hotel.
May 9, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by travlegrl Great locatoin!
The Westin Dublin is in a great location with a very friendly staff. The hotel was very clean and the room was comfy. Our view was not anything to write home about, but overall it was a very nice stay and we felt very comfortable there.
May 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Galaxy A beautiful grand hotel
Rooms are spacious and very comfortable; if you wish to avoid a noisy bar or enjoy tea and a snack, the mezzanine bar is excellent and has natural light from a glass dome.
The staff is very pleasant and tried to meet all our needs. I would certainly recommend this hotel also for its very central location and beautiful building.
May 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gtk76 Very friendly staff
Hotel has a great location. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The room is very comfortabel with the big bathroom. Food and beverage were great. I had really enjoyed my stay and would definitely go back.
May 11, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Caz27 Relaxing stay
My husband and I stayed in the Westin Dublin Sunday night, we had tickets for the Lion King show so decided to make a night of it. I'm 5 months pregnant and was so looking forward to a relaxing night, and we weren't disappointed, from the moment we arrived it was perfect. Staff were vert attentive and polite, we ate out that night but the breakfast in the 'exchange' resturant was delicious. We upgraded to a delux and the room was beautiful, we had the most relaxing nights sleep and we will definitely be back again
May 7, 2013