Rated 4 out of 5 by Joey52 First timer's diary
The location is interesting, safe, and some shopping and local cuisine tasting can be done. The staff is excellent and I have nothing to say but great! The food selection is average, alcohol a bit expensive though I know since it is predominantly muslim, and the entertainment with the band fun!
Perhaps you could publish a small brochure of some things to do within the area so new comers may have a taste of the Bangladesh experience!
December 9, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Simpleman SPG PLATINUM benefits lacking
The Westin Dhaka is very good. Over the last 2 years I have spent more than a few months accumulatively at this property. While the property itself is getting “old”, the service and quality staff is what makes it excellent.
• Waiters and Captains in your Taste restaurant makes dining there an absolutely delight with attention to my every need.
• Staff at the fitness center; friendly and knowledgeable gym staff make it a pleasure to work out in a well-equipped gym.
• You have some of your best staff working at the 21F Executive Lounge! Attendants are professional and really make one feel as if you are the only VIP guest in the hotel.
• It is therefore with a heavy heart that my MAIN issue here is that each trip after allowing for an adequate request for a SPG Platinum Ambassador room upgrade, I still get the run around with the same excuses that the hotel is full, and only after much follow ups and a week passed before one gets the proper attention one deserves. This trip no different; no advance notice of non-upgrade, no apology, no fruit basket, just the same old excuses. Something to bear in mind.
December 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by yetanother Stay at Westin Dhaka, Bangladesh
Very comfortable hotel with excellent service. The speed button on the telephone gets you immediate assistance with any question and very quick resolution of any problem.
Always (more then) adequate number of staff at the reception, so there's no waiting time. Both reception and particularly concierge personnel are very professional and attentive, even memorising the names of hotel guests.
One downside, the hotel is expensive and restaurant food is excessively over-priced.
November 26, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by hahahahah wifi speed in the room is an issue
all good, except the wifi in room is so so so slow, even sometime it stops.
November 29, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Jackie2800000 This Hotel is the odd one out SPG
During my stay in Dhakas West in I havent´t got any benefit from SPG Status Platium . No upgrade , no presents . A warm wellcome , thats it .
November 27, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Spg11guest Meets expectations and has numerous facilities
I've travelled to Dhaka many times and have stayed at the other major hotels. Little doubt in my mind that that the Westin is still the best in the city. I say still because some aspects of the hotel are beginning to show the age. The reception and lobby area are classic but could use a touch of modernity.
Rooms are very nice though, above expectation. In general the staff is very good. As with past trips, my main delusion remains the rooftop bar. It is simply not a pleasant atmosphere to relax and have a drink. I'm not surprised most guests stay away from it.
November 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ecbatana The Westin Dhaka: Like an oasis in the desert
This hotel is exceptional. I have had the opportunity to stay at this property many times over the last few years. In terms of total nights stayed, I have spent several months at this Westin. While the property itself is exceptional, it is the quality staff and service that really makes it stand out. Catering primarily to business clientele, it nonetheless accomodates families quite nicely.
- The fitness facility great! Well maintained, well outfitted and clean
- The spa/sauna/jacuzzi is excellent
The massage treatment is hit and miss. I've had a good experience with a masseuse who knew what she was doing and another with an amateur.
- Executive Club makes this property shine. The staff is friendly, professional and really make you feel as if you are the only guest on the property.
- DINING -
- Taste (an on-premise restaurant) makes absolutely outstanding food - my favorite being the Indian/Bangladeshi dishes by far. But beleive it or not the sushi is quite good as are the other western style options. Only issue here is that the restaurant can get really busy on the weekends and there is no preference for hotel guests when this happens. Not that big of a deal but something to keep in mind.
-Prego is located on the top floor of the hotel and offers spectacular views out over the Gulshan area. Again, the food is excellent and generally I have found it to be less busy than Taste. Try the Spaghetti Bolognese.
-Splash. Thursday nights there is a BBQ by the pool which is terrific. Meat, poultry and fish are made to order on the spot.
October 27, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by zoom Great Location
The hotel is strategically located in the business district.
November 7, 2014