Rated 5 out of 5 by CDMP Consistently Good
I come here almost every week. The staff is personable, responsive and attentive.
The other week while it was snowing, I caught Chris running through the parking lot like a maniac. I thought it was a strange thing to do. But then when I got to my truck, I realized the snow had been brushed off. After looking around to see who may have done it, I realize that all of the cars had the snow brushed off!
Its the little things like this that make the difference, and keep me coming to Westin instead of any of their competitors nearby.
February 3, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Aristides Fitness + Friendliness
I recently stayed two weeks at this property for business.
I generally enjoy running outdoors but the beginning of a New Jersey spring can make it a bit easier to enjoy running indoors. This Westin's fitness center makes it even easier once darkness falls (it is open 24 hours). I often didn't get to the gym until after 9:00 PM and was impressed with the cleanliness of the facility, the amount of free weights, and the number of treadmills (all of which worked!).
The property itself is maintained really well (clean rooms, hallways, entrance areas) and the team is friendly and responsive.
Their restaurant has great tasting options and you can get to a food court, Ruth's Chris, and more with a 5 minute walk within 'the village'.
March 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Carmelo Staff was very accommodating
Staff was very nice and facilities were excellent!
June 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by GreenProgramisajoke1 The Bed was very comfortable
Your staff was friendly and helpful at all times.
April 14, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by LikeW Beautiful hotel but don't expect to sit by the pool in September
This is a beautiful hotel and the rooms are really well appointed. Everything looks and smells brand new. The staff could not be nicer. Two big questions. Why would you close down a pool for the season in mid-September when it's warm and sunny? Also, I booked myself on a "Limited Access" Concierge floor (6). I would love someone to explain to me what is so limited access about it? You don't need a key card to get to 6th floor in the elevator nor is their a club lounge. So is the extra room fee just for free internet and bottled water? Really?
September 23, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by JIm4680 Missing key amenities for frequent travelers
The hotel is well kept, clean, and the staff is very courteous. Rooms are spacious, clean, and what one would expect from Westin. Location is ideal to dining and shopping. There is no street noise.
Hotel does not have a concierge lounge where one can sit. There is a very small room on the 6th floor for a limited assortment of breakfast items. There is no place to sit. How this room was approved by Westin I don't know. This, in my opinion, is not in keeping with the Westin brand.
The workout room is satisfactory with several cardio machines. It has one multi-purpose resistance machine. It needs better facilities.
I am a platinum spg member that travels 4 nights a week for business. This hotel is not meeting the needs of its business travelers.
August 25, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by R888 Not Met Typical Westin Standard
I lived in this hotel numerous times before and have witnessed its quality continuous to drift down. In my recent stay of four nights, the bathroom shampoo/lotion/soap never got replenished. The air condition worked poorly. The worst was when I returned to hotel at 11 PM in one night, only found my room door wide open with all lights and TV were on. Apparently the neglegient cleaning folk left in a hurry in the afternoon. Luckily, I didn't loss any personal belongs. But this kind of thing should never have happened with Westin.
May 2, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by JOHN67 NOT ENOUGH EMPLOYEES ON HAND
CAME IN ON 9/14/12
ARRIVED AT 9.15PM RESTURANT WAS CLOSED AT 930PM ORDER ROOM SERVICE DID NOT COME TILL 11.15PM
AFTER MY CHILD FELL A SLEEP
POOL WATER WAS CLOUDLY AND SPIDERWEBS UNDER POOL CHAIRS
OVER BILLED AT RESURANT IN THE MORNING WAS BILLED SOMETHINW WE DIDN'T ORDER ALSO WE BOOKED THE HOTEL SHUTTLE FOR 130PM AND THEY SENT IT ON ANOTHER RUN AT 1.20PM SO SHUTTLE WAS NOT AVAIL TILL 2.30PM WAS HOUR LATE FOR FUNCTION ALSO NEED A BELLLMEN AT AND TOOK 45 MINTUES AND THEY SENT AN ENGINEER PERSON THEY NEED A OVERHAUL AT THIS HOTEL
September 18, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by John Marked Deline
The hotel's handling of the fire alarm the night of 3/13 was unacceptable. We were left to wonder the lobby and grounds with no assistance or information what so ever. Even after the alarm was cancelled, at 2 AM, closed fire doors prevented access to guest rooms, causing over crowding in lobby areas on all floors. The "not-concerned" attitude of the staff was incredible. This hotel has delined markedly since my last stay. I have stayed at this hotel many times over many years. I will no longer consider staying at this hotel.
March 15, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by sp79 Given a different room than booking
When I booked this hotel, I had reserved an executive business room with a king bed. After checkin, I get to my room and find out that, they had instead given me a standard double bed. When I called the frontdesk of the mistake, it wasn't a mistake on their end. They really did give my room to someone else. I was dumbfounded at how this could happen. They also didn't refund me the difference. The next day, they put me in the proper room. No apologies nor reconciliation. That was the last time I stayed at this hotel.
May 15, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by runner2012 bugs
when we checked into the room we were very impressed. large room a very nice view. then we found a bug. i killed it, but another appeared both by the window. we were then moved...but to a smaller room and the view was gone. we paid extra for the larger room but was told no more were available. my son who came with us to watch me in a race in trenton decided he could not stop sensing the bugs were still there and call for a ride home. teh on duty manager gave us a discount on the room but we were very disappointed!!!
November 13, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ottvantor Bed comfort great, restaurant food superb but service slow
Stayed last week and enjoyed it. Room and bed were superb, I eat only vegan food and the quality was fantastic. I mentioned to colleagues that the dinner I had was one of the best vegan dinners I have ever had. Service was very friendly in the restaurant but quite slow though at breakfast time even with only a few people in the restaurant. At dinner I did not have this problem. The wait staff made assumptions that everyone at the table wanted only 1 bill for the whole table without asking. Otherwise great stay.
December 11, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by karen Our stay was very disappointing
We had an extremely disappointing stay at the Princeton Westin and do not intend to use your hotel again. If you are interested in improving your hotel, below is a list of the issues we had with the hotel.
1. One of the main reasons we decided to stay at the hotel was because it had an indoor pool. The pool water, however, was extremely murky. We complained and the "engineer" told the front desk that someone must have gone into the pool with lotion on. We find it hard to believe that one person with lotion could turn an entire pool murky. The engineer was supposed to do something to fix the situation and later in the day the pool was a bit less murky, but overall it was pretty disgusting.
2. Soaps and shampoos were not replenished on the second day of our stay.
3. The breakfast buffet was extremely poor. The waffles were stiff and inedible. The selection of fruit was pathetic. Most buffets will have cut up fruit or slices of melon. Your buffet had whole apples and oranges. There was no a la carte menu. There were no cold cereals on the buffet. You had to ask to have cold cereal and there was only one option: Total. Although I was able to order oatmeal a la carte, the only way we knew this was by asking the waitress. One of the waitress' English was very poor and thus we had to search for another waitress to get answers to our questions.
4. At 1:30 in the morning the fire alarm went off. Although the hotel could not have prevented someone from acting like a jerk and pulling the alarm (which is what we were told the next morning), there should have been hotel staff directing guests on where to go once outside. Once outside there was NO hotel presence. The only staff we saw was one woman in the lobby running around frantically talking into a walkie talkie. She seemed to have no training on how to handle such an emergency. I shudder to think how the hotel staff would have dealt with this situation if there had actually been a real fire. It seemed to us that the hotel staff was completely unprepared for this type of event.
5. The hallways in the hotel are very dark and depressing. I realize that this is not the Westin's fault since the hotel design predates Westin's ownership. However, the dark hallways with low ceilings create a depressing feel as you walk to your room.
6. Our room was on the third floor and close to the pool. Consequently, our room smelled like chlorine and was musty.
The one nice thing I will say is that the staff was generally friendly and helpful.
I have stayed in Westins in the past and they have been much, much nicer than the Princeton Westin. My recommendation to Starwoods is that you label the hotel with one of your less prestigious brands so that guests are not upset when they realize that the Princeton Westin is not up to the quality of other Westins. Otherwise you are merely diluting the Westin brand.
November 30, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by MG1964 Not up to Westin standards
While the Westin Princeton was fine, my expectations of the Westin brand is higher than "fine". There were dirty red wine glasses on the windowsill outside our room when we checked in at 6 pm-ish. When we left the room to check out, one of the employees was lying down, apparently asleep, on the bench beside the 3rd floor elevators. In general the hotel seemed minimally outfitted and pretty vacant. There weren't any special touches or services that I've come to expect from Westin.
April 24, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Betterday4070 has seen better days
The staff here tries hard, is very helpful, gracious, kind and is well trained, yet there simply were not enough of them to do the work required. Our room was not cleaned until after 4PM and we had to leave the door ajar because they did not have a pass key. We had a group coming to have drinks in the bar before dinner, but the bartender did not show by 5:20 so we left. The service at breakfast in the restaurant demanded we find our own placesettings and mugs for coffee as there were too few waiters to keep up. This was much the same as last Thanksgiving when we stayed only this year the common areas show even more age with soiled upholstery and cracking vinyl sofas.
This is a good location, the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. It just needs more resources in order to redecorate and hire more help.
November 25, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Lance66 Disappointing
For $250 per night in Central New Jersey, I would have expected better conditions and service. The room was average, but certainly not worth the amount I was paying. I asked for wake up calls both mornings and never received either. The desk chair was broken and they replaced it, but the replacement was not much better even though it worked. This facility is not up to what I would expect of a Westin for starters and certainly not what I would expect for the price paid.
May 16, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Frustrated222 Stayed Diring Hurricane Sandy
I realize that there was a hurricane approaching but this hotel was totally unprepared for the swell of guests that would converge upon them.
- front desk was full of kids who did not know much and completely unattentive
- terrible food, and the Starbucks counter closes early (at a SPG resort!!!)
- the power was lost and the hotel could not get there generator on.
- had to eat even worse food in the dark
- one lame excuse after another by the staff on the generator situation
- had to sleep in an uncomfortable room with a two month old baby
- lines at the front desk were awful, people cutting me off in line and not one staff member could maintain order
- upon checkout I was surprised they actually charged me for the second night and food while offering nothing but a roof over my head
I am done with SPG hotels
November 2, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by FlytheTail Solid Westin
Spend one night here and overall was pleased. There was a large meeting at the hotel though so it was pretty chaotic when I checked in and noisy at times in the hallways. The room was in good condition and was seemingly recently renovated. I had booked a room rate that included breakfast but what they gave me was a $10 certificate to redeem at a very small coffee stand. No hot items are offered, it's really just coffee and pastries/muffins with nowhere to sit.
March 17, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by sschladow Nice Westin with great amenities - expensive Internet
I usually receive free Internet with my Starwood stays, but for some reason this property did not honor my SPG status. However, it is our favorite hotel in the Princeton region, has free parking, great breakfast buffet and wonderful staff. They were really nice about an early checkin as we had taken a red eye to attend a funeral. however Starwood properties really have to stop charging for Internet as we are finding ourselves going elsewhere.
October 23, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by hotelstayer1 Meeting rooms were not adequately temp controlled
Froze at some points, too hot at other. The service was hit or miss- why would the cleaning staff clean the bathroom shortly after the meeting started- it should have been done prior to the meeting. The staff were disruptive when cleaning away the break food. when you know the meeting will break for lunch, why not just leave the morning break items until lunch instead of disrupting the meeting..
Not decaf coffee in the sleeping room.
October 25, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sunnynomad Nice
I was able to use the facilities on this trip, but The pool area ran out of towels. The lady at the desk left the pool area before fresh towels were delivered, so I had guests asking me where to find them...30 mins later towels were left in a bag on the floor. Not easy for other guests to find them that way. Staff should be made aware that their voices can be heard through the doors. Conversations at 7 am should be kept at a minimum.......
August 8, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nome helpful and attentive staff
I checked into this hotel on a Wednesday night after a hard travel day. The front desk staff was friendly, understanding and very calming after my drive from Newark airport. They helped me get a table and service in the restaurant and when I checked out the next morning the front desk staff was again on duty and remembered me. Your staff is to be commended for attention and service!
January 17, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by DLD2013 Warm and gracious staff
The features and amenities of this hotel were very nice. The staff were warm and gracious and always helped with a smile. My only discomfort was at night whenever the room's AC system kicked in, which was frequently. The clicking was load enough to wake me up each time, making it very difficult to get a good night's sleep in the the comfortable bed. Other than that, I would stay again at the Westin Princeton at Forrestial Village.
June 26, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 Excellent Service in Restaurant
There are two staff in the restaurant that provided excellent service this week. Rodney and Alberto were quick to serve each of my breakfasts, always got the order right and were attentive if i needed anything during my meal without being distracting. They both have great work attitudes and understand what customer service really means. They would be a great addition to my staff! I look forward to seeing them on my next stay.
July 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Court33 Highly Personable and Attentive Staff
I've been staying at the Westin Forrestal Village pretty consistently for the last 9 months. The staff, in particular at the front desk Thierry and Chris and in the lounge Ricardo, Mo and Navin, go out of their way to make me and my fellow travel companions feel welcome and almost like family coming home. They truly make business travel much more comfortable and pleasant - a suburb experience over other local hotels.
October 31, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by TimS Great hotel
This hotel ranks very high on my list of places to stay. There are currently two recommendations that I would make:
1. If I order breakfast by using the doorhanger in the room this never gets replaced with a new one the next day which means I end up writing on scraps of paper the next day that I order breakfast.
2. Whenever I check out I ask for my folio of my stay to be e-mailed to me. I am always asked to confirm my e-mail details - which always end up being right in the system. Somehow when the check out staff member initiates the sending of the folio from within the check out screen it does NOT actually e-mail the statement. I usually call back later in the day and when the staff initiate the send from outside the check out screen it always works. The problem is that I have to call every time after a few hours. Would be good if that could be fixe3d somehow.
October 21, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by DanBusinessTraveler Rooms needs need to be checked
1. Drain on shower was very clogged (tub filled with water -- disgusting)
2. Heat did not seem to work. I woke up very cold in the middle of the night & turned it up to 76 degrees then woke up still freezing in the morning.
3. This was the second room I was given. The first room had been smoked in recently & still smelled.
February 3, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by ey62 messy room
when i entered the room - all the doors and drawers were open - and there was no blow dryer in the room - had to get it delivered after my shower the next day when i noticed.
March 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by PDJames The perfect boutique hotel experience.
We had an event in Princeton and chose to stay at the Westin along with 17 of our guests for a long weekend. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff is extraordinary. They made us all feel very very welcomed. Any time our organization has an event in Princeton, the Westin at Forestall is our first choice for accommodations.
January 28, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by selcal poor service
You would think that being a platinum member, that someone would remind me of the amenities that i have earned in the past. I was not informed about the continental breakfast on my floor until the last day of my stay in which I accidentally saw on my way out. Needless to say that all of the food was gone by the time I was there. Also during this visit, I was never asked to be upgrade since I have 10 upgrades to be used. Since I was never told, I decided to use my upgrade for my guests and that was allowed on the next day before they checked in. At the time of my guest check in, they were downgrade to a standard room. On a different note during my same stay, I was trying to get a hold of my guest members and the front desk had a hard time connecting me to their room. So when I arrived to my room that night, I tried to call front desk and no one answered after about 20 rings.
June 1, 2012