Rated 4 out of 5 by March Great people
Staff did a great job and we enjoyed our stay.
March 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by adalakoudis Great Stay
The whole stay was great! Thank you.
July 3, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by henry2012 not bad
need to improve on the facilities,
October 1, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by kapers Great Hotel
Great service and hotel amenities!
July 4, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Saso Very Nice location
Great location, clean and safe
January 3, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by brofaw Return Visitors
This is our third time to Blue Mountain in just over a year. Two of these visits have been spent at the Westin Trillium with one of these with kids. There is so much as a couple and as a family to do for the weekend. The kids loved the hot tub and swimming outside in the heated pool while it lightly snowed. The Ridge Runner is exciting for the whole family. We had to return three times after purchasing tickets this time as the ice collection made it inoperable but we did finally get our time on it. There really is nothing negative to say about this hotel except that we had very noisy neighbors on our recent stay - December 9th and 10th- they continually were in and out of the room with the door slamming and each time their door slammed, we not only heard it, but our door would move because of the air pressure. They were playing loud music and it made it difficult to put the kids to bed. I did not complain to the front desk as I hoped it would eventually end and of course it did and we all passed out. I will say that our bathroom was under stocked for whatever reason but it literally took the hotel 30 seconds to arrive at our door following our request for replacement items. We love Blue and will definitely return regardless of the few inconveniences we encountered this last visit.
December 16, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by Steph77 A little disappointed
Let me start by saying, we did enjoy our stay. We liked the location and the staff were all very nice.
However, I had a little higher expectations for a Westin. Mostly based on service provided. We debated staying in a condo or at the Westin. We opted for the Westin because we needed a well deserved break and wanted the service...
As you know, it is little things that make a difference. We found the service to be quite slow and poor:
1) upon arrival, we waited in our car a long time, as it appeared no one was managing cars coming in on a busy Friday afternoon.
2) once we finally pulled up, we had to unload our own car, as no one was available to help.
3) We ordered room service on Saturday night and waited over 1 hour for a very small order
4) We asked for our car before breakfast to make sure it was brought up on time to get to ski school. When we finished breakfast (over 30 mins later), the car was still not there. The valet ran to get our car.
5) Finally, we called bell service to pick up our baggage. We waited 20 minutes and finally decided to bring our own things downstairs. When we got down, there was three guys standing there and talking between the doors. I told them to cancel bell service to our room, and they didn't even clued in that we had been waiting for a while or did not apologize or even asked to help (I am very pregnant and had suitcases in my hands).
As I said, we had a great stay and our kids had a wonderful time. We loved the Oliver restaurant in the hotel. But, small things make a big difference and it would have been nice to get more efficient service over the weekend.
On a last note, just a quick recommendation. It would be great to get a small market in the hotel. We had few quick needs. A market right in the hotel would be much more convenient.
I hope you take this as constructive feedback to help improve the Westin at Blue Mountain.
January 21, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Nati85 Great long weekend
I Just got back from Blue Mountain, we stayed there from Friday till Tuesday, we were really happy to find this hotel as it is Pet Friendly, which is great since we have 2 small dogs.
We got a room in the first floor with view to the pond which was great as all we had to do was open the door and walk outside!
It was Great experience overall since they have an outdoor pool great Jacuzzi, and the weather was great for walks in the village, everyone at the hotel was friendly, but I do believe that there should be some improvements.
1. Since we stayed 4 nights we had a 120 bill for parking (2 cars) I believe that when you are already paying over 200 dollars per night, the parking for at least one car should be included.
2. Sure it was a pet friendly place, but that doesn’t mean that I want to sleep in sheets and blankets that are full of dog hair, also the carpets should be clean better, I lay down in the floor to play with my dogs and I had to get up right away because the small of dog/pee was quite strong, I mean I have 2 dogs at home and my house doesn’t smell like that, now days they are plenty of products to help with such smells.
3. A soon as we walked into our room we decided to check our view, we open the door to the back and the first thing we found was old dry up dog poo. It seems that the previous guest or someone else did not pick up after their dog, but shouldn’t the hotel stuff check the outside as well, especially if they are getting the room ready for the new guest, I mean sure is grass and it’s the outside but this area is the equivalent of the balcony on other floors, and I’m sure they make sure the balcony is clean, so right away before unpacking I had to clean up.
I do love the hotel, I love that is pet friendly, and we also know that nothing is perfect, we are actually planning our next visit for June and I hope we see more improvements in the room cleanliness. Just because we are dog owners and we love dogs does not mean that we are ok with dirt and hair left from previous dogs
March 21, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Keith2121 Details
Am I being too picky.....you tell me. Reserve room online for July 3rd and 4th. Surprised the rate is considerably higher than usual. I am told that the jazz festival is in the village.. I only realize after the fact that the festival starts the day we are leaving, but I allow myself to be gouged. My daughter is competing at a dance competition... We stay at Westin once or twice a year depending on the competition circuit. We arrive a little early on July 3rd (about) 2 pm. The young woman at the desk was very polite.... Asked if we would lke a room with a nice view; of course we took his option... She told us the room would take another hour and that she would put a rush on our room. This was not a problem; so we checked our luggage and returned to our daughters dance competition. We returned 1 hour and forty minutes later, but with a different person behind he check- in desk. She informed us that the room was not ready and would take another hour. I then asked her what time check-in time usually occurred. She responded 4pm. She then said, we can give you complementary parking. First, there was no apology for the delay nor any acknowledgement. It was just a flippant we will give you this to appease you. I told her we had already parked and was not necessary. We just wanted a room. So we took a room with less of a view. The next sequence is what probably sealed my disappointment. "is this your first time with us Mr. Sherlock?" In my mind I'm thinking many witty responses. No.... I've stayed here about a dozen times but that's ok. I'm a Starwood Preferred Guest aren't I? How cold your reservation system not keep track of these things. Are you not a business that is driven by customer loyalty? So I did not hear, "welcome back Mr Sherlock and you have asked me to wait for my room, which you offered, for 40 minutes past standard check-in time, gouge me for an event that hasn't yet started, now I've never stayed here before. I don't feel special, and in the future I'm not sure how loyal I'll be. I think the Blue Mountain Inn just renovated.
July 6, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Emily With a few tweaks, the hotel would be wonderful
This is my second stay at WTH.
My partner and I booked a last minute weekday stay for two nights to celebrate a recent milestone.
We booked the Spring Promo - a deluxe room at a discounted rate.
I was very impressed with the hotel. As it was low season, we experienced the full attention of staff and mostly had the hotel to ourselves.
We swam in the pool undisturbed and the staff at the front desk was helpful in providing information.
We had dinner and breakfast at O&B - wonderful meal, excellent wait staff.
However, our room had some minor maintenance problems that we noticed during the course of our stay. On the second day, we noticed two beer caps and what looked like cigarette ashes in the doorframe to the sliding glass door. It wasn't a big deal, but we know that the Westin has a strict no smoking policy and as this wasn't caught by staff - I was concerned we would be blamed for the mess.
Second, the lamp beside the bedside table was not functional and two of four outlets in the room were not working.
Lastly, on the second night we noticed one of the emergency fire sprinkles was making an odd ticking sound (similar to the sound a computer tower makes). It was loud enough to be disruptive but as it was already late, we did not want the hassle of moving rooms in the middle of the night. We tried turning on the bathroom fan to lessen the noise but my partner is very sensitive to sound and was disrupted by this. We mentioned it to the concierge upon check out and they were apologetic and said that it would be remedied.
All things considered, we still very much enjoyed our mini-vacation. The village was quiet and we were relaxed. That being said, even at the discounted rate - the Westin is not an economy property, and thus the rooms should reflect its upscale pricing. Attention to functionality/cleanliness is important, and had I paid the rack rate for the room, I would have been unsatisfied.
The only other problem we noticed was that we opted out of housekeeping our first night and never received the aforementioned points or gift card. We forgot to mention it when we checked out. Again, not a big deal but something that should be considered.
All in all, we very much enjoy the atmosphere and service at the WTH and will return in the future.
April 29, 2012