Rated 3 out of 5 by Pritz Room 274
This year I went there twice and I used my SPG points to stay. First stay I was upgraded to a suite and I really was so happy with the space and comfortability but yesterday I was so sad to know that I did not sleep well because of the loudness of the aircon when it runs to cool the room. I just stay woke up early and just wait to go home. I asked the receptionist to be upgraded since I have the benefit as a Gold member but the receptionist said that too busy. I also offer her even I will pay for the upgrade because I need space for my disability (hip replacement) and she said that no vacancy that's why I just keep the room. No problem with the room only the aircon.
August 29, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by julianna Too busy to care
Stayed at this hotel Aug 7-8 with the Family
Very clean and nice hotel except the service was not so good.
Requested early check in, did not get it, understandable since it is summer and hotel is very busy. The hotel has guaranteed check in at 4pm but it didn't happened because the room was not ready. I was told that because I requested higher floor the room is not ready. I said I will take what ever room is available but non of the rooms were ready. Finally got in at 5pm. Since we had to wait for our room to be cleaned they offered us $50 off and free parking. When I got the bill only parking wasn't charged, no $50 off.
I saw 4 different people at the front desk while I was dealing with all that and it was very frustrating.
I would still like to get my $50 off somehow.
This is first time that I am very disappointed with the Westin. I stayed for business all the time at the Westin hotels and was very happy with all the hotels except this one.
Will spend my $500 somewhere else nest time.
Reservation # for your records was 61828146
August 8, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by BarbaraQ Anniversary Weekend
Absolutely fabulous weekend to celebrate my parents-in-law 50th wedding anniversary. We had 4 one bedroom suites with a den all on the 4th floor. Staff were very helpful and treated us very well. Would highly recommend the resort and will definetly be returning for a family winter weekend get-away. Thank-you to all staff who made this milestone such a memoriable occasion!!! xxx
August 7, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gordon576 Great place to stay!
Enjoyed our stay very clean and comfortable.
August 5, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jdmama905 Another great stay!
I've lost track of how many times we've stayed here and keep coming back bc love everything about this Westin. Location. Beautiful room and amenities. Exceptional concierge staff. Overall family vibe. Always sad when we have to leave and look forward to our next stay.
July 29, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sunshine10 Blue Mountain is amazing
This was our second time at Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain, and third time to Blue Mountain. We were here 4 nights, 5 days. Staff at hotel are exceptionally friendly and go the extra mile for every guest. They are the friendliest hotel staff I have ever encountered in my travels. and I mean all staff, at all levels, from the time you arrive, to the time you leave, all staff are friendly and helpful. Thank you!
Hotel has lovely clean rooms, sofa couches have nice foam mattresses - not annoying springs, beautiful pool and hot tub, and easy walk over to the Blue Mountain village. I call this place my "Happy" place! I look forward to coming back in the future!
July 28, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Grace548 Air con keeps on breaking.
We are currently staying at Westin Trillium Blue Mtn. Ontario. Our room is beautiful but the air con keeps on breaking. It is very hot and uncomfortable. The service guys are polite and comes to fix the air con but will break again. The inconvenience of them in and out of our room, the room being uncomfortable make me give this a very low rating. I complained at the front desk and gave me a mere 10% discount! Not a happy camper here. All the discomfort and hassle is not worth it at all. Finally change the entire air con unit the second day of our stay.
July 22, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by denden87 A little more platinum recognition would seal the deal
1) Understand this is a kids friendly / dog friendly / party type location. I am okay with the noise and with the windows closed, a lot of the noise from the village is blocked. If you are looking for quiet it's not for you, or ask for a room facing the mountain, not the village.
2) Every-time I go for a special occasion they go the extra effort in doing something nice for the guests, like leaving a bottle of wine once, or a small box of chocolates. These things are extremely appreciated and make the stay special.
3) SPG status recognition is a hit and miss. Typically we get upgraded right away without asking,. However, getting late checkout is like pulling teeth. While we got it a couple of times, once even to 6pm, you always feel like it's a battle of wills. I was told quite rudely by the plat ambassador on the most recent stay that they are "100% sold out" the next day and could not do ANY late checkout; however, another employee had already extended it to 2pm. He didn't even engage in conversation or anything, just basically implied I should take hike and the tone was not appreciated. The comment about the hotel being sold out was a lie, because many rooms were still available on spg.com, of every class. Cleaning crew did not even show up until 3-ish anyway so I don't understand why they can't honor something that is clearly advertised as late checkout on Sundays. I did not experience this type of thing anywhere else, it's always easy and simple, even when there are lots of people there. If this SPG recognition stay was fixed, I'd like a 100% positive review.
4) O&B is underwhelming. The scallops are not very good. The breakfast is made from cheap ingredients. The eggs benedict are made not with salmon but with ... wait for it.. HAM! I thought there was some type of error, but it turns out that this was in the menu that way. What a ripoff - tastes bland and cheap. Better to go to sunset grill for breakfast.
5) They allow use of the facilities until the end of the day, which is appreciated.
6) Do not park at the property. There are free parking lots all over the village. Unless you show up in a ferrari and have money to waste, there is no reason to park underground.
July 10, 2016