Rated 4 out of 5 by denden87 A little more platinum recognition would seal the deal
1) Understand this is a kids friendly / dog friendly / party type location. I am okay with the noise and with the windows closed, a lot of the noise from the village is blocked. If you are looking for quiet it's not for you, or ask for a room facing the mountain, not the village.
2) Every-time I go for a special occasion they go the extra effort in doing something nice for the guests, like leaving a bottle of wine once, or a small box of chocolates. These things are extremely appreciated and make the stay special.
3) SPG status recognition is a hit and miss. Typically we get upgraded right away without asking,. However, getting late checkout is like pulling teeth. While we got it a couple of times, once even to 6pm, you always feel like it's a battle of wills. I was told quite rudely by the plat ambassador on the most recent stay that they are "100% sold out" the next day and could not do ANY late checkout; however, another employee had already extended it to 2pm. He didn't even engage in conversation or anything, just basically implied I should take hike and the tone was not appreciated. The comment about the hotel being sold out was a lie, because many rooms were still available on spg.com, of every class. Cleaning crew did not even show up until 3-ish anyway so I don't understand why they can't honor something that is clearly advertised as late checkout on Sundays. I did not experience this type of thing anywhere else, it's always easy and simple, even when there are lots of people there. If this SPG recognition stay was fixed, I'd like a 100% positive review.
4) O&B is underwhelming. The scallops are not very good. The breakfast is made from cheap ingredients. The eggs benedict are made not with salmon but with ... wait for it.. HAM! I thought there was some type of error, but it turns out that this was in the menu that way. What a ripoff - tastes bland and cheap. Better to go to sunset grill for breakfast.
5) They allow use of the facilities until the end of the day, which is appreciated.
6) Do not park at the property. There are free parking lots all over the village. Unless you show up in a ferrari and have money to waste, there is no reason to park underground.
July 10, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pippa Hidden gem
Had a wonderful time. Staff generally is very nice, though Carmen at the very end gave too much push back and needs to better understand hospitality and how to treat spg members with platinum. Virginia was wonderful, as was everyone else. Somehow this hotel manages to peacefully coexist dogs, children. I had my hesitation due to this as I was looking for a quiet getaway but it worked perfectly at this property. So peaceful. Also walking distance to different shops and restaurants made it really convenient to keep relaxing vs getting in your car, going into town, then back etc. Love this place.
July 6, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by JYBN dog wash area?
Our stay at the Westin is always good, easy and relaxing and the fact that that we can bring our dog is a plus. We appreciate the dog bowls and bedding. Please don’t change that. A small suggestion - When we come back from a hike, sometimes she is dirty around her belly and legs. It would be so useful and wonderful to have an area where we can wash her belly and legs. We know there’s a dog entrance - would be nice if that included a little area with a hose.
May 26, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jared111 Great hotel
Beautiful hotel and village. Pet friendly rooms and great staff. Keeps us coming back!
May 13, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Katie31 Amazing service and beautiful hotel
We are currently staying at the Westin Trillium House and I couldn't be happier with our visit so far. The staff go above and beyond to make sure their guests are happy.
As a gold member I was happy to receive an upgrade upon check in. Our room is great.
We love the heated outdoor pool and had the pool to ourselves for our swim.
The restaurant was great too. Delicious food and wonderful service.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone! Already hoping to come back again soon for another visit!
April 12, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by ongseekatrina Brilliant hotel experience
The experience was short and sweet. As a hotelier and traveler, I find the service outstanding and very personalized. As soon as I checked in, I was asked for the purpose of my visit - which was for our 2nd year anniversary. In half an hour, we have received a simple gift (which, by the way, is very sumptuous!) signed by Michelle, Sam, Kristine, etc, to name a few. We have definitely recommended the hotel to some of our family and friends!
April 5, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by erghammer upgraded my rating from 4 to 5
I visited the Westin Trillium a few years ago with my family, after which I rated it a 4. I recently went again and am moving my grade up to a 5.
There are few minor quibbles I have with the place:
1) The fitness center is quite small and there are only a few cardio machines to use. (Personal peeve: no rowing machine.) The TVs built into the machines carry only a few working channels. I pointed this out to the management, but they were unable or unwilling to do anything about it.
2) The jets in the big hot tub were inoperable for our entire 5-day stay.
3) The pool was big enough to have been a lap pool, but instead is weirdly shaped like some kind of internal organ and not usable for lap swimming.
4) The hotel is not really ski-in-ski-out. It took me 120 steps (I counted several times) from the back door of the ski lockers to where I could drop my skis on the snow and put them on. For a shorter person, this might be 150 steps. They can't do anything about this now, and I'm not suggesting that the hotel is misrepresenting itself--but people reading this review might want to know how it's really going to be before they get here.
5) It would be nice if the underground parking garage were free for platinums. As it is, they have a free dirt lot about 100 yards away that you can park in for free, which I did.
6) There is no fast wifi option, even for platinums.
Still, this place is at least a solid 4. All the stuff you like about Westins is here, and there is a lot of attention to upkeep. The reasons for my upgraded rating:
1) All the staff I encountered--all the porters and all the front desk staff--were super-nice.
2) The entire hotel is super dog-friendly. This a huge consideration for my family, as our dog doesn't board well and thus we have to select dog-friendly places to take vacations.
3) The restaurant (Oliver & Bonacini) was very good and much better value for money than I had anticipated. In fact, for 3 nights they had 3-course prix fixe menus for only $25. Each of the 3 dinners I had was excellent, and CAD 25 is even less if you think in USD. In fact, we ended up eating at the restaurant almost every night because we found it a better option than literally every other eatery in the village.
Finally and most importantly: on the last day of our stay, Blue Mountains was supposed to be hit with a big ice storm. So there was a serious question about whether we'd be able to leave safely. I inquired with the front desk a few days before about whether we could extend our stay an extra day (the additional night being a Friday night). The place was filling up quickly, but the front desk staff cheerfully offered to let me extend for an additional day, at the same daily cheap rate I'd booked for the rest of the day, and with an option to cancel the additional day at the last second if we were able to leave on the intended day (Friday morning). It turns out that the road crews were able to clean things up sufficiently for us to hit the road on Friday morning, and so we cancelled the last day with no penalty.
So, the Westin Trillium was willing to put the comfort and safety of one of its guests ahead of its own interests. They easily could have put the screws to me about the extra day, but they didn't--and for that I'm very grateful.
April 3, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by jann22 Great Stay
The facility was wonderful and the staff were very helpful and accommodating. We were staying at the Westin during the ice storm and the hydro outage and the staff were available and happy to assist as they could even with minimal information.
March 27, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by GrammaWyn Pleasant Friendly
Very warm and welcoming atmosphere, smiles everywhere.
March 26, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Eyas74 I love this resort.
This resort is fantastic.
After skiing you can swim in the gorgeous outdoor swimming pool.
And also the taste of the restaurant is great.
March 20, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by JulieofMississauga Room had less than it was described in the website
We stayed in a two bedroom suit with one king and one queen bed. It was quite different than the one on the http://www.westinbluemountain.com/two-bedroom-suite1 website. There was one armchair instead of two, and no access to the second bathroom from second bedroom.
The room was quiet enough for a good sleep, beds are very comfortable, but the temperature went up high enough to woke me up around 4am.
Everything in the room was very clean throughout.
I found the lobby quite small. Being the seating area in the middle of two doors; main hotel entrance and the exit to pond side, makes sitting and relaxing in the lobby not possible. Hotel needs more small cozy seating spots.
Hallways are very very very long. A couple of more elevators would be very helpful.
February 23, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Travel0123 Friendly staff, except for Allison
Everyone was so friendly, helpful, and accommodating - the check-in staff, the valet, the cleaning staff.. And everyone at O & B was terrific! Except for Allison. She was extremely rude to us and changed our positive perception of he hotel! We asked to speak to the manager and she brushed us off and didn't want to help us. Other than her, everyone was super nice and made our stay pleasant.
February 18, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Butterfly18 Good stay!
The hotel is beautiful and love the location. The staff is very friendly however could be more informative. We were not given any information in regards to the wifi and when we tried to log in it was at a cost. They were very accommodating with the check in and out times however checking out was a long wait due to them checking the room they forgot to come back to us and let us know our deposit was ready. I had to go back up to the front desk again. There wasn't any complimentary food or drink so no comment in regards to that. On the Sunday the one hot tub wasn't heating, other than that the hot tubs were a great attraction. The overall stay was luxurious however for the rate, perhaps a couple things could have been adjusted.
February 8, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pauline1965 Excellent customer services by Robert front deck attendant that needs to be acknowledged and recognize.
Robert from WESTIN blue mountain front deck attendant
When we arrive at WESTIN Blue Mountain we were taken care of immediately and was move to the front of the line as a SPG Platuim member. The front deck attendant Robert went out his way to acknowledge and accommodate my family and myself to a beautiful two bedroom suit ( it was absolutely beautiful ). Around 8 pm after our arrival I got a call from Jessica the manager at WESTIN that told me that the room that I was in will not be available for my last night stay and that I had to move. I was very disappointed to hear this because myself and family had already unpack and settle in as we were spending four night. She did compensate us with a free last night stay for the inconvenience.It help a bit but was still disappointed and was hoping we will not have to move. The next day I receive a call that I did not have to move and also got to keep all the peaks. Thank you for working to accommodate my family and myself it was greatly received. Thank you.
January 17, 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by blue89 Staff Not Friendly
Stayed at the westin in blue mountain on Jan 5th-7th. Overall the hotel is clean, well maintained and the house keeping is excellent. Not to mention food is great and the hotel has many amenities. What made my and my girlfriends stay a bad experience was the fact that (1) our room was super noisy. All of the rooms have a small furnace inside of the room and the furnace is extremely loud kept us up for the two nights we were there. We went away to relax but couldn't even get a good sleep with the loud furnace.(2) the staff are rude and not helpful. We arrived at the hotel struggling with our bags and the staff didn't even ask to help us out. Instead stood there and looked at us struggling. I've stayed at motels with better service.
Wouldn't stay at a westin ever again. Don recommended it to anyone.
January 12, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Momsta3 Impressed
My husband and I stayed at the Westin Trillium on Sunday 12/27. We arrived @ 6:30 pm, and were greeted at the door by a very helpful young man, who gave us information on where we could leave our car as we checked in. At check in, we met Amelia.
Amelia made us feel welcome and besides taking care of our check in, provided us with suggestions for evening activities, including a romantic drive to the top of the mountain, to enjoy the lights and scenery. We have been to many Starwood destinations, and never have we met a staff member who was as genuine and thoughtful. You can tell that Amelia enjoys her job and is very good at it. Our room was clean and comfortable. The stay was just what we needed to refresh after a long drive. We would be happy to visit again.
December 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Noble1 A Great Stay
I stayed at the Westin Trillium House for a few days of relaxation and a quick last minute getaway. As usual it was an excellent stay and I don't want to leave at the end.
The pool and hot tub were highly enjoyable with the fall colours all around.
Sam on the front desk and Andrew on valet were exceptional in their service, attention and friendliness. They made me feel at home and go the extra mile to make my stay the best it can be. I will be back again in December and I can't wait.
December 2, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by SXTHRPST O&B Blue Mountain Birthday
We came to have a birthday party at O&B for my son and myself. Food was amazing and service was great too. Afterward a snow storm hit during dinner so we decided to stay at your beautiful hotel. Our room was well stocked and bed was very comfortable. My room was a handicapped room and had all that was necessary. A very nice suite with a kitchenette fireplace large tv and living room with eating space. The heater was too loud but very efficient and the sofa bed could have been more comfortable.All staff was very friendly and efficient, I was well looked after. We had a great stay for the night and will be back when better prepared to stay longer. Thank to all for a great birthday.
November 23, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Smiling10 Awesome Stay
My husband and I were very impressed with the staff and their commitment to quality service. Everyone smiled, said hello and did all they could to provide us with top service. Other Westin hotels could use your hotel as a training model!
October 18, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by socrrulz02 Average Hotel for an Above-Average Price
We spent a week at this resort for a getaway vacation. Going in we considered a Westin Resort in a ski village to be an excellent choice of a splurge vacation but were rewarded with an all around average stay.
As an SPG Platinum member, we've stayed at a wide range of SPG properties and have come to expect a certain level of service that this resort, frankly, failed to live up to. Staff members seemed more concerned with getting you to go away than taking care of whatever the issue was. It always felt like I was "bothering" them by asking questions. The room service was spotty (coffee and tea were not replenished) and the first evening we were there we put the "Green Choice" sign on our door before 7PM but no one ever came by the check the sign/give us our voucher nor did anyone come by to service the room the next day. I was finally forced to go to the front desk (which was not manned) to ask that I be given credit for a green choice since my room was not serviced and no one seemed interested in coming up to our room. Also, shockingly, while the resort is located in a ski village and has several quaint towns within a 15-20 minute drive of the resort, there was zero information about the surrounding area. How does that happen? I know there is a concierge to answer questions but you would expect the hotel to have at least the minimum information about the area in the room for guest to glance at.
All in all our stay just did not live up to the level of service we have come to expect from SPG properties. We discussed several times how we would like to come back to the area but if we did, we more than likely would not stay at the resort.
October 13, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hal26 another superb visit
We returned for yet another short getaway before school begins. It's our 5th or 6th year now..can't remember however it's our little spot for R&R and for the kids to enjoy one last wimsy. Wonderful facility..ooh so comfy our bed and the staff were more than accommodating. Always a smile and an ask if more could be done to make our stay more pleasureable. We will be back perhaps a bit sooner than previously! Thank you Westin Trillium!
September 7, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Andymas Great hotel but aging and needs repairs
We stay every year and enjoy the property but this year our room had a fridge that made noise all night and kept us up as well the AC caused a ticking found in the walls? You need to upkeep your property if you want to continue to charge a premium.
Can you please credit my Starwood account with the 500 points you promised if we forgo the room clean service which we did with the hanging thing on the door. It said we would receive a voucher for doing so but we did not.
September 7, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by Cambridge81 Ferrari with a Fiat motor
Let me start off with a couple positives. The building itself looks great and the staff have a professional appearance.
Here comes the "many" reasons for my rating
1) online you have the option to select early check in. It was their busy season so maybe that was not possible. Regular check in was 4 pm. I was told I would get a call when the room was ready. Never got a call. Checked back at the desk 30 min (4:30) later and amazingly our room was ready. After navigating our luggage cart passed a half dozen house cleaning carts we finally made it to our room. With the halls being so narrow it was a challenge especially with our room being apart at the end of the hall.
2) we get to our room with our two small children and begin to put our perishable items into the fridge in our one bedroom suite. Amazingly our refrigerator is not cold or even cool. I called to the desk (call #1) and they sent up engineering. They investigated and brought us another fridge within a half hour. Now we get to fully unpack.
3) A/c failure (call #2) that night our AC died and the room got super warm. Again I call the desk and they send up engineering. Apparently there is a part that doesn't work so a second fellow arrives and they change out the entire unit with a "refurbished" unit. So our breakfast was interrupted so this could take place.
4) Time for a shower. Well that's what I wanted to do but the light next to the shower did not work. With it being an in closed shower it made it dark without lighting. (Call #3 and a face to face at concierge desk). I say to the nice man there. "We have only been here for less then a day and this is the third issue we have had, as we head out to town please have engineering take a good look at our unit to ensure what should be working is working" a normal request one would think. I was told this was not possible and engineering would have to handle issues on a case by case basis. What a joke, $250 plus a night to stay in a room that is falling apart. He then said he would apply a $50 credit to our room which I also think is a joke for the issues we had in less then 12 hrs.
5) Back from town. No AC again. (Call #4). This is the second AC issue within the same day. Again here comes engineering. Apparently is was fixed again.
Needless to say I was content to check out after two nights especially after all the issues we had. I made a point to chat with the manager on our way out. I just wanted her to know about all the issues we had as I feel sorry for whom ever has our room next. I also filled her in that the shower door did not close (horribly mis aligned) and yet again no AC. I didn't bother to call in and ask for engineering as by this time I lost all faith in their ability to do any repair. After the nice calm discussion with the manager she said due to all the issues we had she was not going to charge us for parking for our two night stay. Wow, I guess that savings would cover the fact that our accommodations were horrible and the fact the AC didn't work. I think engineering spent more time in our room then we did.
I was very disappointed with the Westin. My rating of 2 stars was very generous.
September 1, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by ILLBCNU Simply Amazing
My wife and I were so inpressed with the accommodations and activities. It was awesome!
August 31, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Reddog4ever Always a good stay, but .....
We have been going to this Westin for the past 10 years, almost every year. Every time there was a problem the staff was very responsive and was fixed right away. Not this time; we had no screen door to stop all the mosquitos and fly to get in the room and bother us all night long. The second day of my family 4 days stay, I ask the front desk to look into this problem and get back to me. Talk to them 3rd and 4th day, but still no answer back, even the front desk staff let the manager know. Beside this annoying problem this is a Westin, so everything was perfect. Every time we go for vacation we try to stay at Westin, or at least at an SPG hotel, so we had stays at Westin from Mont Tremblant,3 out of 4 Westins in NYC to SC, Florida, Georgia. Please fix the little problems like this missing screen door, or no propane for the patio heaters. We like our stay at Westin to be the way YOU have showed us it is every time. Nick
August 11, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Danielle2026 Great Stay
Always very pleased with Westin Hotels. The hotel is very clean and the beds are very comfortable.
August 10, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Millard Wedding Destination
I had the pleasure of vacationing at this hotel for my sisters wedding.
The staff were amazing. I would like to give a large shout out to Justin the concierge, he was amazing and very helpful all the time, made the experience feel like home :)
Very nice hotel with lots to offer a wide variety of aged people. I would definitely recommend a trip for any couple, family or group.
July 6, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by MarkMaestro11 Summer fun
From check-in to check-out - a wonderful experience. Hotel was sold out, but you couldn't tell. Cleanliness of hotel is exceptional in all areas. We were here for the Jazz on the mountain festival which was very well run.
July 5, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Garden1 Really disappointing!
2 bedroom suite. Clean on the surface, but no furniture has been moved for cleaning - eg. candy wrappers under nightstands, paper and strwas etc. beneath other furniture, visible from certain spots, but not visible to cleaners, I guess.
Doors squeak when opened and closed. Kitchen sink drain is too slow - water sits in it for a while - and food from previous guests sitting in drain.
Reported above on first morning - sympathy, $100 credit. BUT no action.
Pillows very uncomfortable, king bed too soft, door to bathroom in king room too tight to close or open without forcing and noise. Toilets old and uncomfortable.
Really, really disappointing! I have a new idea of Westin - properties inconsistent - be prepared for disappointment!!!
July 5, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lamtang Shower room
The door cannot be closed tightly. Water can leak out on the floor through the gap of the door, need to use 4 towers to soak the water.
July 2, 2015