Rated 4 out of 5 by JYBN dog wash area?
Our stay at the Westin is always good, easy and relaxing and the fact that that we can bring our dog is a plus. We appreciate the dog bowls and bedding. Please don’t change that. A small suggestion - When we come back from a hike, sometimes she is dirty around her belly and legs. It would be so useful and wonderful to have an area where we can wash her belly and legs. We know there’s a dog entrance - would be nice if that included a little area with a hose.
May 26, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jared111 Great hotel
Beautiful hotel and village. Pet friendly rooms and great staff. Keeps us coming back!
May 13, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Katie31 Amazing service and beautiful hotel
We are currently staying at the Westin Trillium House and I couldn't be happier with our visit so far. The staff go above and beyond to make sure their guests are happy.
As a gold member I was happy to receive an upgrade upon check in. Our room is great.
We love the heated outdoor pool and had the pool to ourselves for our swim.
The restaurant was great too. Delicious food and wonderful service.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone! Already hoping to come back again soon for another visit!
April 12, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by ongseekatrina Brilliant hotel experience
The experience was short and sweet. As a hotelier and traveler, I find the service outstanding and very personalized. As soon as I checked in, I was asked for the purpose of my visit - which was for our 2nd year anniversary. In half an hour, we have received a simple gift (which, by the way, is very sumptuous!) signed by Michelle, Sam, Kristine, etc, to name a few. We have definitely recommended the hotel to some of our family and friends!
April 5, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by erghammer upgraded my rating from 4 to 5
I visited the Westin Trillium a few years ago with my family, after which I rated it a 4. I recently went again and am moving my grade up to a 5.
There are few minor quibbles I have with the place:
1) The fitness center is quite small and there are only a few cardio machines to use. (Personal peeve: no rowing machine.) The TVs built into the machines carry only a few working channels. I pointed this out to the management, but they were unable or unwilling to do anything about it.
2) The jets in the big hot tub were inoperable for our entire 5-day stay.
3) The pool was big enough to have been a lap pool, but instead is weirdly shaped like some kind of internal organ and not usable for lap swimming.
4) The hotel is not really ski-in-ski-out. It took me 120 steps (I counted several times) from the back door of the ski lockers to where I could drop my skis on the snow and put them on. For a shorter person, this might be 150 steps. They can't do anything about this now, and I'm not suggesting that the hotel is misrepresenting itself--but people reading this review might want to know how it's really going to be before they get here.
5) It would be nice if the underground parking garage were free for platinums. As it is, they have a free dirt lot about 100 yards away that you can park in for free, which I did.
6) There is no fast wifi option, even for platinums.
Still, this place is at least a solid 4. All the stuff you like about Westins is here, and there is a lot of attention to upkeep. The reasons for my upgraded rating:
1) All the staff I encountered--all the porters and all the front desk staff--were super-nice.
2) The entire hotel is super dog-friendly. This a huge consideration for my family, as our dog doesn't board well and thus we have to select dog-friendly places to take vacations.
3) The restaurant (Oliver & Bonacini) was very good and much better value for money than I had anticipated. In fact, for 3 nights they had 3-course prix fixe menus for only $25. Each of the 3 dinners I had was excellent, and CAD 25 is even less if you think in USD. In fact, we ended up eating at the restaurant almost every night because we found it a better option than literally every other eatery in the village.
Finally and most importantly: on the last day of our stay, Blue Mountains was supposed to be hit with a big ice storm. So there was a serious question about whether we'd be able to leave safely. I inquired with the front desk a few days before about whether we could extend our stay an extra day (the additional night being a Friday night). The place was filling up quickly, but the front desk staff cheerfully offered to let me extend for an additional day, at the same daily cheap rate I'd booked for the rest of the day, and with an option to cancel the additional day at the last second if we were able to leave on the intended day (Friday morning). It turns out that the road crews were able to clean things up sufficiently for us to hit the road on Friday morning, and so we cancelled the last day with no penalty.
So, the Westin Trillium was willing to put the comfort and safety of one of its guests ahead of its own interests. They easily could have put the screws to me about the extra day, but they didn't--and for that I'm very grateful.
April 3, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by jann22 Great Stay
The facility was wonderful and the staff were very helpful and accommodating. We were staying at the Westin during the ice storm and the hydro outage and the staff were available and happy to assist as they could even with minimal information.
March 27, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by GrammaWyn Pleasant Friendly
Very warm and welcoming atmosphere, smiles everywhere.
March 26, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Eyas74 I love this resort.
This resort is fantastic.
After skiing you can swim in the gorgeous outdoor swimming pool.
And also the taste of the restaurant is great.
March 20, 2016