Rated 5 out of 5 by Jdmama905 Another great stay!
I've lost track of how many times we've stayed here and keep coming back bc love everything about this Westin. Location. Beautiful room and amenities. Exceptional concierge staff. Overall family vibe. Always sad when we have to leave and look forward to our next stay.
July 29, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Grace548 Air con keeps on breaking.
We are currently staying at Westin Trillium Blue Mtn. Ontario. Our room is beautiful but the air con keeps on breaking. It is very hot and uncomfortable. The service guys are polite and comes to fix the air con but will break again. The inconvenience of them in and out of our room, the room being uncomfortable make me give this a very low rating. I complained at the front desk and gave me a mere 10% discount! Not a happy camper here. All the discomfort and hassle is not worth it at all. Finally change the entire air con unit the second day of our stay.
July 22, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by denden87 A little more platinum recognition would seal the deal
1) Understand this is a kids friendly / dog friendly / party type location. I am okay with the noise and with the windows closed, a lot of the noise from the village is blocked. If you are looking for quiet it's not for you, or ask for a room facing the mountain, not the village.
2) Every-time I go for a special occasion they go the extra effort in doing something nice for the guests, like leaving a bottle of wine once, or a small box of chocolates. These things are extremely appreciated and make the stay special.
3) SPG status recognition is a hit and miss. Typically we get upgraded right away without asking,. However, getting late checkout is like pulling teeth. While we got it a couple of times, once even to 6pm, you always feel like it's a battle of wills. I was told quite rudely by the plat ambassador on the most recent stay that they are "100% sold out" the next day and could not do ANY late checkout; however, another employee had already extended it to 2pm. He didn't even engage in conversation or anything, just basically implied I should take hike and the tone was not appreciated. The comment about the hotel being sold out was a lie, because many rooms were still available on spg.com, of every class. Cleaning crew did not even show up until 3-ish anyway so I don't understand why they can't honor something that is clearly advertised as late checkout on Sundays. I did not experience this type of thing anywhere else, it's always easy and simple, even when there are lots of people there. If this SPG recognition stay was fixed, I'd like a 100% positive review.
4) O&B is underwhelming. The scallops are not very good. The breakfast is made from cheap ingredients. The eggs benedict are made not with salmon but with ... wait for it.. HAM! I thought there was some type of error, but it turns out that this was in the menu that way. What a ripoff - tastes bland and cheap. Better to go to sunset grill for breakfast.
5) They allow use of the facilities until the end of the day, which is appreciated.
6) Do not park at the property. There are free parking lots all over the village. Unless you show up in a ferrari and have money to waste, there is no reason to park underground.
July 10, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pippa Hidden gem
Had a wonderful time. Staff generally is very nice, though Carmen at the very end gave too much push back and needs to better understand hospitality and how to treat spg members with platinum. Virginia was wonderful, as was everyone else. Somehow this hotel manages to peacefully coexist dogs, children. I had my hesitation due to this as I was looking for a quiet getaway but it worked perfectly at this property. So peaceful. Also walking distance to different shops and restaurants made it really convenient to keep relaxing vs getting in your car, going into town, then back etc. Love this place.
July 6, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by JYBN dog wash area?
Our stay at the Westin is always good, easy and relaxing and the fact that that we can bring our dog is a plus. We appreciate the dog bowls and bedding. Please don’t change that. A small suggestion - When we come back from a hike, sometimes she is dirty around her belly and legs. It would be so useful and wonderful to have an area where we can wash her belly and legs. We know there’s a dog entrance - would be nice if that included a little area with a hose.
May 26, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jared111 Great hotel
Beautiful hotel and village. Pet friendly rooms and great staff. Keeps us coming back!
May 13, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Katie31 Amazing service and beautiful hotel
We are currently staying at the Westin Trillium House and I couldn't be happier with our visit so far. The staff go above and beyond to make sure their guests are happy.
As a gold member I was happy to receive an upgrade upon check in. Our room is great.
We love the heated outdoor pool and had the pool to ourselves for our swim.
The restaurant was great too. Delicious food and wonderful service.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone! Already hoping to come back again soon for another visit!
April 12, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by ongseekatrina Brilliant hotel experience
The experience was short and sweet. As a hotelier and traveler, I find the service outstanding and very personalized. As soon as I checked in, I was asked for the purpose of my visit - which was for our 2nd year anniversary. In half an hour, we have received a simple gift (which, by the way, is very sumptuous!) signed by Michelle, Sam, Kristine, etc, to name a few. We have definitely recommended the hotel to some of our family and friends!
April 5, 2016