Rated 5 out of 5 by bigcvman Awesome staff with very flexible attitude
I was stuck in Dallas due to weather and flight cancellation. I found the Westin team to be very flexible to accommodate guests with unknown travel plans. Service was all around excellent
December 11, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joe37 Hotel Staff Great
The hotel staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make this a great stay. Dallas was hit by an ice storm and the staff that were able to make it to work did extra duty to calm anxious travelers. The storm causes a short power outage and the staff never missed a beat. They created a candle lit dinner for my small conference group. They were creative and dedicated to completing whatever task they faced and they were upbeat and friendly.
December 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by expert ice storm experience
one of the better meeting hotels for its size.
Staff did best to keep everyone accomodated during the ice storm. Short staffed so restaurant and other parts of the operations were challenged. But it was fine for the circumstances.
December 8, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by clubb Rough Stay for my Customer
I sent my customer to your Hotel. The pictures were of your downtown hotel on the internet so they were not expecting a run of the mill Hotel. Your downtown location is much nicer. He had issue with a broken heater, credit card processing (according to him the staff was not understanding about our arrangement), family had to wait for an hour and a half to be picked up from the airport. Food was good and rooms were clean. My conversation with the manager was good.
December 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by LisaD0126 Whirlwind at the Westin
Having flown in from Cleveland OH for a seminar I was so happy to be greeted by such pleasant staff. My room was fabulous with a comfy king size bed awaiting me after a long afternoon of sessions. Every meal was very tasty and plenty of healthy snacks to keep us energized throughout our second day of sessions. A friendly shuttle driver awaited us promptly at the end of our sessions and off to the airport to return to Cleveland all within 39 hours. Every single staff member I encountered was professional, neatly dressed and courtesy. Would highly recommend and would bring my family there for a stay.
November 17, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Luciano Great location FSI
If you are coming over for flight training is the best location.
November 26, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by leejeffrey Needs some improvement
Stayed at the Westin DFW for the Skyball event this past weekend. Airport shuttle pickup took over an hour from the time we called until the time we arrived at the hotel. No one was manning the SPG check-in desk when we arrived so we waited in line with everyone else. Got to the room and the outside lock took 10-15 key swipes to get the lock to open. Basically, the light would come on, but the lock would not release. While this was reported to the front desk, it continued to happen for the duration of our stay. The shower leaked water and could use some maintenance. The breakfast was mediocre. There appeared to be a station on the corner set up for eggs or pancakes, but it was never manned. The items were not replaced consistently as we notice more than one empty container. I will stay elsewhere next time.
October 7, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by LCNYC123 Was Disappointed. Not on par w/ other Westins.
Was disappointed with this stay.
* Called them for shuttle upon arrival to DFW. Was told to go down the escalator to the courtesy van area and would be 20 minute wait max. After 30 minutes of waiting, kept calling. I was upset that it was cold and no one at the hotel said to stay inside prior to van arrival (they should do that - tell customers to stay inside when it's cold and will call upon arrival) and that the shuttle was late. Finally, I got sick and tired of waiting.... called hotel back to complain. Rep was nice enough to say to take a taxi and hotel would comp it. The taxi (for the 2 miles from DFW to hotel) was $23! Crazy high taxi prices in Dallas.
* Was upgraded into a suite due to SPG status. That was nice. However, the bed in the room was awful. Had a long day and just wanted to go to bed and the heavenly bed was disgusting. The bottom sheet was a gross polyster mix with fuzzballs on it and not the normal starched 100% cotton sheet. To top off the disgusting sheet - I found 3 hairs on the sheet THAT WEREN'T MINE! Gross. I was so disgusted that I started to sleep on the couch.
* I then decided that I shouldn't have to sleep on the couch and called the front desk for a room transfer.
* Was transferred to another room and the rep told me she'd bring me a new key to the new floor I would be on.
* After waiting an eternity and no one showing up, finally went down to front desk to get a new key.
* Was greeted by rude representative at front desk. She was like "Have you told the manager about this problem?" I was like "Um, no. I reported it to the front desk. It's your job to report these incidents to the manager. Not mine". She gave me a key, but didn't have a smile on her face or anything like that. As I was up since 4am that day and needed to get up at 4am the next day, I was in no mood to deal with the rep's attitude.
* New room was fine. It was a bigger suite. However, I forgot to bring my hotel slippers so I inadvertently walked on the hotel carpet in bare feet. Normally that would be fine, except there was this gigantic wet spot in the carpet leading to the bathroom. Gross. I can only imagine was the wet spot was from. Actually, I don't want to imagine since I stepped on it in my bare feet. :(
* Next morning was fine. The shuttle to DFW worked out well and the driver was nice. That was probably the highlight of my stay.
* Overall, would not stay here again. One bad experience would have been okay - but it was problem after problem at the hotel during a short overnight stay. Too many to handle.
* A Westin should not be riddled with so many issues. Would NOT recommend at all.
December 14, 2011