Rated 2 out of 5 by Allen097987 Disappointing
The room was noisy even though I specifically ask for a quiet room. No shampoo and conditioner. Just not what I have expected for Westin.
August 3, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Swimmerk I love this hotel!
The staff here is absolutely fantastic. The first time I stayed here was when I was unexpectedly stranded in DFW due to some weather and needed a place to stay. The staff was so courteous and the hotel was so nice that I opted to stay here again a year later when I found myself in Dallas for a wedding.
Not only were they JUST as nice again, I was pleasantly surprised to find a card in my room welcoming me back and thanking me for choosing them again.
I don't get treated this well at the hotel I spend 15 weeks per year at! I will definitely stay at this hotel next time I find myself in Texas again and cannot wait to return.
July 23, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by SteadyAT A short but comfortable stay
I had an early morning flight, so moved from another Dallas hotel to this one after returning my rental car in the evening.
The Shuttle bus driver was very friendly, and offered all passengers a "clear beer" (cold bottled water!) from his cooler. He made everyone feel welcome. There was a huge traffic jam leaving the airport and the toll booths, due to highway construction, but somehow, and miraculously, he found a way to manoeuvre the shuttle through as quickly as possible.
Check-in, however, was slow. Our Shuttle bus was fairly full, and there was only one clerck at the front desk. And there was already a line up. So we waited. On our shuttle were some flight crew, and they were taken care of by the Bell / Concierge desk, but the rest of us had to wait to get checked-in.
The room was fine; I was literally there to sleep. Then I caught an early shuttle to the airport!
July 19, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Kton452 Worst Starwood Experience to date,
I have stayed at many starwood properties and they have always been my favorite hotels to stay in terms of comfort and service. This hotel was the opposite of such for the following reasons:
1. I had to find someone to check me in because no one was at the front desk for over 30 min,
2. They lost one of my bags three hours before an international flight and made little to no effort to resolve the issue.
3. Manager placed blame on me for the lost bag although the bellmen was in charge of the bags during my check in.
4.The room had cheap motel florescent lamps throughout as the only light source.
5. Restrooms were gross and the bed (although comfortable) made us both itch all night.
6. Took over an hour for the shuttle to pick us up from airport after a long international flight (they were aware of our arrival time) and the list goes on...
July 16, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by CARO2 EXPECTED MORE FROMA 4 STAR RATED HOTEL
ROOMS VERY SMALL - BEDS VERY COMFORTABLE - SHUTTLE SERVICE GOOD - ONE TOWEL IN BATHROOM HAD DIRTY STREAK ACROSS THE MIDDLE OF IT. OTHER ONE HAD 2 HOLES IN IT. OVERALL A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.
July 4, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by BHBHBH Fine but
Overall a good hotel in good shape and convenient location to DFW.
My room had some issues. Shower didn't work. Outlet at desk would not hold the computer plug, kept falling out.
July 1, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Spoerlx3 AMAZING HOTEL, confused about the parking rate
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! As far as the hotel---it is extroidenary. We loved every moment we were there and when they found out that it was our honeymoon, they pampered us even more. We would definitely stay here again. The beds are heavenly! The staff is outstanding and the amminaties are great. Loved everything about it except the parking rate. When we made the reservation we were told the parking rate per night was $8.00. It was our honeymoon, we arrived at 10:30pm and my parents were picking up our car the next day. They picked up our car at 10am (less than 12 hours later) and they were charged $14.00????
June 27, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by SD94 Price of Box Lunch was outragous!
Stayed three nights recently for a company convention. The meeting rooms were the correct size for the group and were just fine. The one dinner we had was good and had large portions. I would consider the price only a little high at $50.00. (which included 18% tip and service charge.) However, our group is still talking about our $30.00 box lunch. This included choice of sandwich (I had a turkey roll up.), small potato salad, small cole slaw, a cookie, and a drink. The equivalent (or even better) at a chain sub shop would be under $8.00. (Bringing outside food was not allowed.) I understand hotel mark-ups, but there should be a value associated with the price. A box lunch should not be $30.00. I would stay at this hotel for their rooms and service, but would not recommend reserving meeting rooms if you require food on site.
June 18, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by lanco poor experience
awful experience. first night, send another one of my check in party to my room at 3am. Scared the heck out of both of us. Sleep over for that night. Next day,absolutely zero room cleaning. arrived back in hotel from work, client dinner at 10pm to find room totally unserviced. A few points were given for the inconvenience but this Westin is broke.
June 10, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dusty Park and Ride service
The accommodations were excellent and the service great. However, we thought the reservation we made included 7 days parking at the hotel in the price of the reservation quoted on line. However, when we returned from our trip, we were charged an additional $28.00 for parking. Can you explain the discrepancy?
June 9, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Smity1977 DISAPPOINTING
STAYED AT THIS HOTEL SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE WHEN IN DALLAS FOR BUSINESS AND PLAY, BUT THIS WAS MY MOST DISAPPOINTING STAY. CHECKED IN MY ROOM ON A FRIDAY, KEPT FINDING HAIRS (NOT MY OWN) THROUGHOUT THE ROOM, EVEN IN MY BED. CALLED DOWN TO THE CONCEIRGE SATURDAY MORNING TO MAKE MNGT AWARE AND WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE FIXED DURING THAT DAYS HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE. LEFT FOR THE MORNING AND AFTERNOON AND RETURNED TO THE ROOM SAT. EVENING, AND THE SAME HAIRS WERE THROUGHOUT THE ROOM AND THE BED. LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THE ROOM WAS MINIMALLY CLEANED. I CERTAINLY EXPECT MORE AS A PLATINUM MEMBER BUT WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED. I WILL THINK ABOUT A DIFFERENT PROPERTY NEXT TIME IN DFW.
May 23, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by rimmf Excellent Staff
Best staff ever. Accommodating and friendsly.
May 21, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by virgil Poor Customer service
Didn't feel very welcomed from the start. The staff was very unfriendly and unhelpful.
May 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Curbs EXCELLENT STAFF
There was a problem with the airport shuttle and I waited for over an hour. I was in constant communication with the staff, and finally they told me to take a Taxi and they'd cover the fare.
On arrival thy were sincerely apologetic, upgraded my room, and compensated me for my dinner. (Which was EXCELLENT)
This team really knows how to turn a bad situation into a great one. If not for them, this would've been a completely different review, but because of them, I'll be sure to book here every time I'm in the Dallas area.
Thank you for your great customer service.
May 17, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jan58 Exceptional staff!
This is a model Starwood property! My husband and I had the pleasure of being check in by Christine; she greeted us as if we were returning home. Our room was wonderful, breakfast was outstanding, and transportation to and from the airport was timely.
I have stayed in many Starwood properties; however, this one always exceeds my expectations.
May 15, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Bummer OK
Was not greeted with the typical SPG greeting.
May 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Markey This is home.
This is a very nice hotel. Rooms are nice and comfortable. The hotel staff will always take care of you.
May 13, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by CTrav Excellent Staff
The responsiveness of th staff at this Starwood property is hard to beat. The hotel is a little dated but wel kept. I recommend this hotel and will return........
May 5, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Queen Love Weekend
I love this hotel. My boyfriend and I wanted a weekend get-a-way for Valentine and this was great. The only problem was we picked early check in and late check out and around checkout time the maids cleaning the rooms would let the doors slam! other than this we had a good time.
February 28, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Fischgreg Noisy sleepless nights
I stayed on the 4th floor. I coule hear every vehicle that went by in the parking lot outside. I could hear everyone in the hallway, even when they were not being loud. Because the 4th floor has an open balcony to the lobby, I could actually hear people in the lobby. Finally, each morning, there was a loud vibrating noise that woke me up. I'm assuming it was some water pipes. Very frustrated and tired.
Overall, the hotel was nice, clean and the staff was friendly. If it was not for the noise, my experience and rating would be better.
February 15, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by thomas600 My Favorite Westin
This Westin consistently recognizes my Platinum status and upgrades my room. I love the professionalism of the hotel staff and their efficiency checking me in and out. They rooms are always super clean and nice and the internet works great.
I try to stay at this hotel as often as possible.
February 10, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by FBERKNM Get a good price
The facility is dated and my room was not in good condition. Chipped and scratched furnishings and doors.
The restaurant closed far too early at 10:00 and the room service offerings were no help.
$4.00 for a water bottle for a Platinum guest?
The bed was the normal Westin bed, so if you do not mind scratches and get a good price, go ahead.
February 6, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lori Hotel Exceeded Expectations
This hotel exceeded expections not only with convenience to airport, but also with the friendly, accommodating hotel staff. Christine is exceptional at the front desk. She welcomed us to the property and made us feel at home. All questions and requests were met promptly with a very positive, happy attitude. She went out of her way to secure us a room on the return trip as hotel was full and our check in needed to be at 5:30 am. Everyone from the morning restaurant staff with their huge variety of fresh breakfast foods to the driver of our Westin shuttle to the airport were top notch. For a neat freak, this hotel met the challenge. Thank you Westin for a great stay. Will definitely stay again!
January 22, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jan58 exceptional staff!
Not only did this hotel meet all of my expectations, but was physically staffed with an outstanding group of individuals especially Christine (registration). At the time of check-in, I asked her about a special request on my return stay (3 days later). She went out of her way to take care of an early check-in situation; in fact, she had a "plan B" for me if a room was not available.
The room was comfortable, the breakfast was beautifully presented, and the airport transportation was timely.
I will always make this property my hotel preference in the Dallas area.
January 20, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by FreqentDFWTraveler Best DFW Airport Hotel
I travel to the Dallas area for both personal and business reasons and choose the Westin DFW on a regular basis. It is one of the few Starwood properties where Platinum Members actually benefit from their elite status. The Staff at this hotel is very accommodating but I am most impressed with the competence and friendliness of the Concierge staff who ensure guests' needs are taken care of quickly and efficiently. This hotel is, without a doubt, the best choice for anyone flying in or out of DFW.
December 29, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by mlnj going downhill
I have been going to this hotel for 4 years at least once or twice a month on business. It is going downhill
1. Free internet in room is useless as signal everywhere stinks
2. There is Never enough staff at the bar
3. Why is there NO cell phone signal int this hotel, they can't pay for simple repeaters?
December 17, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by Travaler1 A Great Hotel
As a platinum member I really enjoyed this Hotel. The staff was very friendly and attentive to the needs of the guest. The check-in was fast and very efficient. There was no club lounge so the front desk clerk offered me breakfast. nice customer service. Upon check out i was processed in no time an able to catch the free shuttle to the airport. There's a sports bar in the lobby and the staff there were very nice. I would stay at this hotel again.
December 14, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by LCNYC123 Was Disappointed. Not on par w/ other Westins.
Was disappointed with this stay.
* Called them for shuttle upon arrival to DFW. Was told to go down the escalator to the courtesy van area and would be 20 minute wait max. After 30 minutes of waiting, kept calling. I was upset that it was cold and no one at the hotel said to stay inside prior to van arrival (they should do that - tell customers to stay inside when it's cold and will call upon arrival) and that the shuttle was late. Finally, I got sick and tired of waiting.... called hotel back to complain. Rep was nice enough to say to take a taxi and hotel would comp it. The taxi (for the 2 miles from DFW to hotel) was $23! Crazy high taxi prices in Dallas.
* Was upgraded into a suite due to SPG status. That was nice. However, the bed in the room was awful. Had a long day and just wanted to go to bed and the heavenly bed was disgusting. The bottom sheet was a gross polyster mix with fuzzballs on it and not the normal starched 100% cotton sheet. To top off the disgusting sheet - I found 3 hairs on the sheet THAT WEREN'T MINE! Gross. I was so disgusted that I started to sleep on the couch.
* I then decided that I shouldn't have to sleep on the couch and called the front desk for a room transfer.
* Was transferred to another room and the rep told me she'd bring me a new key to the new floor I would be on.
* After waiting an eternity and no one showing up, finally went down to front desk to get a new key.
* Was greeted by rude representative at front desk. She was like "Have you told the manager about this problem?" I was like "Um, no. I reported it to the front desk. It's your job to report these incidents to the manager. Not mine". She gave me a key, but didn't have a smile on her face or anything like that. As I was up since 4am that day and needed to get up at 4am the next day, I was in no mood to deal with the rep's attitude.
* New room was fine. It was a bigger suite. However, I forgot to bring my hotel slippers so I inadvertently walked on the hotel carpet in bare feet. Normally that would be fine, except there was this gigantic wet spot in the carpet leading to the bathroom. Gross. I can only imagine was the wet spot was from. Actually, I don't want to imagine since I stepped on it in my bare feet. :(
* Next morning was fine. The shuttle to DFW worked out well and the driver was nice. That was probably the highlight of my stay.
* Overall, would not stay here again. One bad experience would have been okay - but it was problem after problem at the hotel during a short overnight stay. Too many to handle.
* A Westin should not be riddled with so many issues. Would NOT recommend at all.
December 14, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by Rick8 a few minor problems
long line at check in, 3 staff checking peple in, but the SPG desk was doing everybody so there was no fast-track for SPG members.
When I received my bill, slid under my door during the night, I was double charged for my room. Had to deal with it at check out with a staff member so could not do a quick drop off the key and go.
At check in I asked about the shuttle to the airport, was told it is every 20 minutes starting on the hour. In the morning I was told it was every 30 minutes. It was 11:10, thought I was going to wait 10 minutes, did not want to wait 20, so took a $18 cab to the airport.
Problem seems to be with the front desk staff. Other than that, great room, very clean. The burger from room service was huge, enough for 2, and delicious.
December 2, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by CowboysFan Nice hotel; need minor improvements
The Westin was nice overall. Rooms were comfortable. Problems I encountered was one of the two suites I reserved was not cleaned at 6 pm. Also the noise level from the hallways, freeway and surrounding bathroom was a little annoying.
November 16, 2011