Rated 2 out of 5 by gizmoo Gizmo
Disappointing! Food, Room, Valet.
November 10, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Rick8 a few minor problems
long line at check in, 3 staff checking peple in, but the SPG desk was doing everybody so there was no fast-track for SPG members.
When I received my bill, slid under my door during the night, I was double charged for my room. Had to deal with it at check out with a staff member so could not do a quick drop off the key and go.
At check in I asked about the shuttle to the airport, was told it is every 20 minutes starting on the hour. In the morning I was told it was every 30 minutes. It was 11:10, thought I was going to wait 10 minutes, did not want to wait 20, so took a $18 cab to the airport.
Problem seems to be with the front desk staff. Other than that, great room, very clean. The burger from room service was huge, enough for 2, and delicious.
December 2, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by mlnj going downhill
I have been going to this hotel for 4 years at least once or twice a month on business. It is going downhill
1. Free internet in room is useless as signal everywhere stinks
2. There is Never enough staff at the bar
3. Why is there NO cell phone signal int this hotel, they can't pay for simple repeaters?
December 17, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by HDKVEHICLES NO REST
Those of us who travel and count on a good night rest and a good meal should be aware the construction noise which starts at 6 AM goes all day so forget the rest. If you have to come in late nights be prepared for a short breakbefore the noise starts. For all who want a good meal go elsewhere service is just not there extra long waits when you finally get someone and you will never see them again and you will have to chase someone down just to pay the bill and i am not talking about a buzy time of day.
Just not up to the starwood quality you find elsewhere.The Check in with Christine was the most pleasant part of staying there
November 9, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by LCNYC123 Was Disappointed. Not on par w/ other Westins.
Was disappointed with this stay.
* Called them for shuttle upon arrival to DFW. Was told to go down the escalator to the courtesy van area and would be 20 minute wait max. After 30 minutes of waiting, kept calling. I was upset that it was cold and no one at the hotel said to stay inside prior to van arrival (they should do that - tell customers to stay inside when it's cold and will call upon arrival) and that the shuttle was late. Finally, I got sick and tired of waiting.... called hotel back to complain. Rep was nice enough to say to take a taxi and hotel would comp it. The taxi (for the 2 miles from DFW to hotel) was $23! Crazy high taxi prices in Dallas.
* Was upgraded into a suite due to SPG status. That was nice. However, the bed in the room was awful. Had a long day and just wanted to go to bed and the heavenly bed was disgusting. The bottom sheet was a gross polyster mix with fuzzballs on it and not the normal starched 100% cotton sheet. To top off the disgusting sheet - I found 3 hairs on the sheet THAT WEREN'T MINE! Gross. I was so disgusted that I started to sleep on the couch.
* I then decided that I shouldn't have to sleep on the couch and called the front desk for a room transfer.
* Was transferred to another room and the rep told me she'd bring me a new key to the new floor I would be on.
* After waiting an eternity and no one showing up, finally went down to front desk to get a new key.
* Was greeted by rude representative at front desk. She was like "Have you told the manager about this problem?" I was like "Um, no. I reported it to the front desk. It's your job to report these incidents to the manager. Not mine". She gave me a key, but didn't have a smile on her face or anything like that. As I was up since 4am that day and needed to get up at 4am the next day, I was in no mood to deal with the rep's attitude.
* New room was fine. It was a bigger suite. However, I forgot to bring my hotel slippers so I inadvertently walked on the hotel carpet in bare feet. Normally that would be fine, except there was this gigantic wet spot in the carpet leading to the bathroom. Gross. I can only imagine was the wet spot was from. Actually, I don't want to imagine since I stepped on it in my bare feet. :(
* Next morning was fine. The shuttle to DFW worked out well and the driver was nice. That was probably the highlight of my stay.
* Overall, would not stay here again. One bad experience would have been okay - but it was problem after problem at the hotel during a short overnight stay. Too many to handle.
* A Westin should not be riddled with so many issues. Would NOT recommend at all.
December 14, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by Ricky144 Conditions of my room.
When I checked into your 4 Star Hotel the guest services were very pleasing. I had a long day and a very late check in. Was then leaving very early the next morning flight. When I got to my room looked to be in satisfactory condition. Went to lock the door and the lock latch was broken and not in working order. Did not say anything at that time but then went to take a shower the faucet was so LOUD , neighbors were knocking on wall and a dirty towel was on back side of door instead of a fresh robe. Called Service desk sent security up with a robe fairly quick. I showed the gentleman the lock, faucet, and dirty towel. Was told that i would be getting a phone call within 30 min. Never received any phone call. After taking a fast shower due to noise of faucet valve I then noticed that in front of bathroom door ceiling was leaking at front of bathroom door from upstairs. Drapes only had one handle and not sure what kind of fluids were on them but I would not touch them. I have pics if needed but I think you get my point. For an 8 hour stay, for the cost it was, and a place I was referred to and was not a very impressive stay at all.
October 16, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by leejeffrey Needs some improvement
Stayed at the Westin DFW for the Skyball event this past weekend. Airport shuttle pickup took over an hour from the time we called until the time we arrived at the hotel. No one was manning the SPG check-in desk when we arrived so we waited in line with everyone else. Got to the room and the outside lock took 10-15 key swipes to get the lock to open. Basically, the light would come on, but the lock would not release. While this was reported to the front desk, it continued to happen for the duration of our stay. The shower leaked water and could use some maintenance. The breakfast was mediocre. There appeared to be a station on the corner set up for eggs or pancakes, but it was never manned. The items were not replaced consistently as we notice more than one empty container. I will stay elsewhere next time.
October 7, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Andy876 A great place for you to stay
A truly wonderful place to stay on business.
October 12, 2014