Rated 5 out of 5 by DanK1415 Excellent Experience and Staff!!
This hotel and staff were amazing! We arrived after being out of the country for two weeks for our wedding. Once the front desk people, Kassamanda and Braden, were aware they treated us like royalty! We got a free upgrade, Kassamanda comped us a drink and we were treated to the buffet for free the next morning. As always, the rooms and beds were amazing and very clean. I've seen some comments on distance to the airport being far, but DFW is a sprawling airport and I found that the shuttle was very quick, just plan on 20 minutes to get to the airport. Not a big deal. By the way, Dr Jerry, the shuttle driver was excellent and courteous. Hats off to the staff! And a special thanks to Kassamanda and Braden! I also posted this to Google because our stay was so awesome!
January 25, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by Mikes59 Second stay in a week.
I was there last week and experienced two days without hot water. When I called down to the front desk they told me I may have turned it to the wrong tempature. I said No I stay there all the time and the sinkhas no hot water either. I hung up. They called back and left me a message maybe it was the faucet in the shower. This week there is still no hot water and when we complained at the front desk they said we know sorry.Not much they can do. We stay here almost weekly for business and have just seen a real downword spiral in the service and the hotel and the restraunt. In the restraunt the prices have gone up and the portions have gone down and they always seem to run out of whateve type of wine we are drinking. I am a SPG member and loved this hotel in the past and would like to see things back to how they used to be or we will be staying elsewhere.
December 4, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Rick8 a few minor problems
long line at check in, 3 staff checking peple in, but the SPG desk was doing everybody so there was no fast-track for SPG members.
When I received my bill, slid under my door during the night, I was double charged for my room. Had to deal with it at check out with a staff member so could not do a quick drop off the key and go.
At check in I asked about the shuttle to the airport, was told it is every 20 minutes starting on the hour. In the morning I was told it was every 30 minutes. It was 11:10, thought I was going to wait 10 minutes, did not want to wait 20, so took a $18 cab to the airport.
Problem seems to be with the front desk staff. Other than that, great room, very clean. The burger from room service was huge, enough for 2, and delicious.
December 2, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by Michelle713 Just an Average Westin
I typically prefer Westin hotels - I even own the heavenly shower and heavenly bed at home - however this location is not as luxurious as many others. It seems to be much older and may have had updates, but it is still noticeably old. The first issue was the elevators. There were 4, but it sometimes took 5-10 minutes for an elevator in the lobby. I would not call these showers heavenly showers at all. The real heavenly shower has 2 shower heads. This one had only 1 and very minimal water pressure. It was anything but heavenly. Room service menu was extremely limited. I am not sure if this was temporary or is normal here. Also - there should be outlets on the nightstands by the beds rather than just the desk. This is pretty standard at most hotels now. And it was not as close to the airport as I would have thought. It was about 10 minutes away.
November 22, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by mlnj going downhill
I have been going to this hotel for 4 years at least once or twice a month on business. It is going downhill
1. Free internet in room is useless as signal everywhere stinks
2. There is Never enough staff at the bar
3. Why is there NO cell phone signal int this hotel, they can't pay for simple repeaters?
December 17, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by HDKVEHICLES NO REST
Those of us who travel and count on a good night rest and a good meal should be aware the construction noise which starts at 6 AM goes all day so forget the rest. If you have to come in late nights be prepared for a short breakbefore the noise starts. For all who want a good meal go elsewhere service is just not there extra long waits when you finally get someone and you will never see them again and you will have to chase someone down just to pay the bill and i am not talking about a buzy time of day.
Just not up to the starwood quality you find elsewhere.The Check in with Christine was the most pleasant part of staying there
November 9, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by LCNYC123 Was Disappointed. Not on par w/ other Westins.
Was disappointed with this stay.
* Called them for shuttle upon arrival to DFW. Was told to go down the escalator to the courtesy van area and would be 20 minute wait max. After 30 minutes of waiting, kept calling. I was upset that it was cold and no one at the hotel said to stay inside prior to van arrival (they should do that - tell customers to stay inside when it's cold and will call upon arrival) and that the shuttle was late. Finally, I got sick and tired of waiting.... called hotel back to complain. Rep was nice enough to say to take a taxi and hotel would comp it. The taxi (for the 2 miles from DFW to hotel) was $23! Crazy high taxi prices in Dallas.
* Was upgraded into a suite due to SPG status. That was nice. However, the bed in the room was awful. Had a long day and just wanted to go to bed and the heavenly bed was disgusting. The bottom sheet was a gross polyster mix with fuzzballs on it and not the normal starched 100% cotton sheet. To top off the disgusting sheet - I found 3 hairs on the sheet THAT WEREN'T MINE! Gross. I was so disgusted that I started to sleep on the couch.
* I then decided that I shouldn't have to sleep on the couch and called the front desk for a room transfer.
* Was transferred to another room and the rep told me she'd bring me a new key to the new floor I would be on.
* After waiting an eternity and no one showing up, finally went down to front desk to get a new key.
* Was greeted by rude representative at front desk. She was like "Have you told the manager about this problem?" I was like "Um, no. I reported it to the front desk. It's your job to report these incidents to the manager. Not mine". She gave me a key, but didn't have a smile on her face or anything like that. As I was up since 4am that day and needed to get up at 4am the next day, I was in no mood to deal with the rep's attitude.
* New room was fine. It was a bigger suite. However, I forgot to bring my hotel slippers so I inadvertently walked on the hotel carpet in bare feet. Normally that would be fine, except there was this gigantic wet spot in the carpet leading to the bathroom. Gross. I can only imagine was the wet spot was from. Actually, I don't want to imagine since I stepped on it in my bare feet. :(
* Next morning was fine. The shuttle to DFW worked out well and the driver was nice. That was probably the highlight of my stay.
* Overall, would not stay here again. One bad experience would have been okay - but it was problem after problem at the hotel during a short overnight stay. Too many to handle.
* A Westin should not be riddled with so many issues. Would NOT recommend at all.
December 14, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by CHANMAN Great Hotel
We enjoyed the hotel and service.
December 23, 2014