Rated 4 out of 5 by newowner Dissapointed in owner!
I recently stayed at this hotel and I was very impressed with property. I had no issues with checking in. The hotel is very nice and the staff was very friendly. The only issue that I had is the way the owner speaks to his employees. I witnessed this with my own eyes. The owner verbally abused a bellman who offered to help a guest but the guest did not want help. He spoke down to him as if he was a child in front of guest. I felt so bad for the young man. I was very uncomfortable and was actually considering finding another hotel to stay at. I think this is a very nice hotel but I do not see myself staying here as long if this guy is the owner.
August 13, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Jmaes This Hotel has somethings to fix
We arrived at approximately 6:30 PM without a reservation. We entered the front door passing a bellman/doorman without being greeted or asked if we needed assistance. The Front Desk had three clerks at the desk and no other guests checking in. I came to desk and stood while three clerks were talking to each other (one seemed to be a supervisor or manager). I was then asked how I could be helped...we were checked in. In the room the sound on the TV faded in and out so I called for someone to come and check this. While waiting I noticed the mirror over the desk had a crack in it. Then I noticed the whole side of the mirror was broken and sharp edges were exposed. When the hotel rep came to check the TV I pointed out the mirror which his response was "yeah, their usually not that bad". He also said it was a channel problem and could not fix the TV. I called the Front Desk to move rooms. We moved to another room and found water in the bottom of the ice bucket. I tried to hook up to the internet but could not connect and had to trace the cord only to find it was unplugged. My biggest shock is that not one person called me to see if the room move was satisfactory. I had to leave the room to go to my car and passed three staff members in the lobby, none of which spoke to me or offered a greeting but did look me in the eye. When I checked out I spoke to Mai-Lyn at the front desk and I asked to speak with a manager. She nicely expressed to me that a manager was not in yet but asked how she could help. I talked to her about what I had experienced and showed her pictures. She agreed that somethings were not handled right and apologized. She took my information and assured me a manager would contact me. I asked about a place nearby for breakfast and Mai-Lyn told me about some places but offered me breakfast in the hotel restaurant. With some apprehension I accepted. Her concern and efforts made so much of my negativity towards this hotel melt away. You should watch her and not let her get away! I did get a follow up from management and a discount on the rate was given. Overall I have to say I was very disappointed with my stay because my expectations of a Westin Hotel and the service level of the staff are certainly higher than what I experienced.
December 2, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by JCY79 Worst Starwood experience ever..
First and foremost, I must say that the lady at the front desk was very helpfull, she did everything she could to solve the issues.
- first room, very noisy AC, impossible to stop
- second room, bed was not made, it seemed like someone just had a nap in the bed! I took a picture and showed it at the front desk. Of course this could happen, and the manager offered me a drink at the bar while waiting for the linnen to be changed/ or find another room. But suddenly an irritated lady from housekeeping came to me at the bar and asked me to see the picture, she didn't believe me since she made that bed. I had no problem showing her the picture, altough I found this very unprofessional since I showed it already to the FD staff. As a guest I don't need to get involved in their internal discussions.The FD staff apologized for the housekeeper's unprofessional and offending behavior, this was a very uncomfortable situation.
I was finally moved to a 3rd room.
November 17, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Hockeymom3 Weekend stay
The rooms are well appointed, nice bathrooms, overall facility well cared for. However, the restaurant wait staff was terrible. Dinner food fair. Didn't get napkins, ran out of silverwear, wait staff had difficultly remembering the basic needs. Breakfast buffet food is well done, however, again, had to ask wait staff several times for the most basic items. Was very frustrating, especially since they weren't busy. Front desk staff-excellent. Maid service-good
November 25, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 Worst Hotel Stay Ever
In this Hotel I was never recognized as a Platinum Member, was treated badly with the worst room in the whole hotel... had several issues with the staff and my room and at the end got one night overcharged.
I can just warn you and will never stay here again.
October 28, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jnovak304 Below Westin Standards
Not a good experience. Older hotel with inexperienced staff. Forget about white glove treatment. Arrived at 11:05pm and was told kitched closed at 11:00 while they were cooking a meal for the gentleman to my left. Shower poor, actually no water flow on last visit (was told i woudl be contacted and never was). My advice, stay at another hotel in the area and forego the points.
October 25, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by apotheka Be very cautious of this hotel...
Be very cautious of this hotel.
1. Terrible service at check-in.
2. A/C heating does not work in multiple rooms. It apparently has to do with faulty relays. The A/C will sometimes stays on all night, without the ability to turn off. (I was advised to use my comforter, as the solution).
3. They setup my room card to expire three days early; could not enter my room.
4. They didn't refill the coffee in my room on numerous occasion.
5. They charged me $5.00 for bottled water, even though the tag clearly indicated that it was free. The girl at the front desk actually told me that even though the bottled water indicates that it's free, we can't trust the label and that guests should call the front desk to ensure/confirm that it is, in fact, free.
6. Watch your room-service charges. I ordered sparkling water for $6.00 as indicated on the menu. However, the restaurant charged $8.00. (They ultimately refunded the amount after a week).
7. Be careful of the heating units. One time a cable leaked and it produced smoke throughout my room. They had to de-odorize the room a few days later.
8. The room didn't include a bar of soap.
9. TV didn't work throughout the week. Audio but no video. It had to be reset a few times; and it finally worked.
10. The front desk has a tendency to forget calls made to follow-up on the aforementioned issues.
1. Maintenance guys are nice and prompt in stopping by to fix issues with my room. It's unfortunate that I see them all too often.
2. Decent breakfast buffet, although I noticed gnats flying around the food bar one morning.
3. The waiter/waitresses consistently provide good service.
4. The concierge lounge host is friendly
June 4, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by bms2013 Bar Mitzvah Celebration
Our Simcha was Splendid, Stupendous, and Superbly executed. From the moment we walked in to the Westin Mt. Laurel our affair was perfection.
First, a special thank you to your Maitre D’Hotel and your Banquet Manager. We were so impressed with Al and Jean and their commitment to our vision of the party and their attention to detail. They both communicated with us throughout the party to make sure our needs were being met and to be sure everything was to our liking. We couldn’t have been more impressed with the exceptional service they provided to our guests and us.
The cocktail hour set-up and design was warm, cozy, beautifully lit and decorated with such attention to the detail that you know I truly appreciate and admire. To say I was pleased is an understatement. You took a large space and created the feel of a small, intimate, cocktail party. The food displays were visually interesting and of course the food was delicious, impressive, over-flowing and appreciated by all of our guests. I continue to hear compliments almost a month after our party.
Your chef and his staff prepared a culinary feast for our family and friends and everyone raved about the food from beginning to end. The Filet was cooked to perfection; the salmon melted in our mouths, the portion size abundant and the dessert was beyond delicious and plentiful. Butlering the desserts during dancing is an ingenious alternative to sit down and it let us enjoy partying to the fullest. P.S. Tell the chef his raspberry salad is my favorite and I wish he could bottle the dressing and recipe for me so I could enjoy it everyday. Yum!
Your servers presented themselves with the utmost professionalism and courtesy to us, our family, our friends, and especially to our son’s friends. In fact, many of your staff, Lisa to name just one, took time during the evening and brunch the next day to say what a wonderful experience it was for them to work with us. Some of them remembered out first party with you too. They complimented the children on how well they behaved and how polite they were. I was so pleased our younger guests treated your staff with the respect they deserve. That they took time out of their busy night to approach me was quite impressive. It was abundantly clear how hard these men and women work and we are so appreciative of their top-notch customer service.
Tammi was again an integral part of ensuring our guest reservations and accommodations were handled with ease. She provided quick answers to questions and communicated with Eric on a regular basis. She is a consummate professional and a pleasure to work with. Laren was kind and attentive as well and we enjoyed meeting and working with her.
Last, and above all, not the least we want to thank you Melanie for giving us all we asked for and more. You far exceeded our expectations. On the night of Ben’s Bar Mitzvah we felt as if your entire staff was celebrating with us, not working for us. You’ve been such an important part of our lives while we celebrate our children’s accomplishments. It’s been a gift to have you support us, guide us and design our incredible parties. We were on a high after Ryan’s Bar Mitzvah celebration and we planned every detail to make sure Ben’s would be just as memorable for him and us. And it certainly was!
You and your staff gave us two incredible events that we will fondly remember for all our years to come. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn’t change one single detail or make one different decision. Like I said at the beginning…Perfection!!!
Fondly and with admiration for all you do,
Beth & Eric
November 20, 2013