Rated 1 out of 5 Worst Hotel Stay Ever
In this Hotel I was never recognized as a Platinum Member, was treated badly with the worst room in the whole hotel... had several issues with the staff and my room and at the end got one night overcharged.
I can just warn you and will never stay here again.
October 28, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hilaryct Excellent staff
The staff could not have been more responsive, and while the room was wonderful, it was the courteous and professional way that the staff interacted with us that made it such a nice stay. Thank you!
August 25, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by newowner Dissapointed in owner!
I recently stayed at this hotel and I was very impressed with property. I had no issues with checking in. The hotel is very nice and the staff was very friendly. The only issue that I had is the way the owner speaks to his employees. I witnessed this with my own eyes. The owner verbally abused a bellman who offered to help a guest but the guest did not want help. He spoke down to him as if he was a child in front of guest. I felt so bad for the young man. I was very uncomfortable and was actually considering finding another hotel to stay at. I think this is a very nice hotel but I do not see myself staying here as long if this guy is the owner.
August 13, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by jennie37 hotel did not meet expectations
the room carpet was dirty, coffee maker card was splattered, housekeeping job was very poorly done. grate on wall coming off, cabinet door missing from furniture. looks like its very unkept. bathrobe was missing. i expected alot better from westin
August 22, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Miserable1 Multiple problems
When I checked in, the clerk was clearly in training and had no answers to my questions about the Club room, its hours, breakfast hours, and, further, she failed to properly key my keys and gave me two defective keys. So, arriving at my room, I was surprised to find the door unlockable. I was pleasantly surprised when an engineering or security guy (I did not get his name) went out of his way to get me a new set of keys and told me that he would get me a breakfast voucher for my inconvenience. He called back later to tell me that my package had a Club Room breakfast so the front desk would not release a voucher but, he was told that the Club Room breakfast was the same as the restaurant. It was NOT. The Club Room breakfasts were very minimalistic, limited to fruit, cereal, yogurt, toast and a few pastries. (Its evening snacks/meals, to the contrary, were abundant). I moved rooms a few nights later and encountered the following issues: (1) entry light was out when I checked in, (2) I tried to call for a wake up call and noone answered the phone at the front desk for 15 minutes: I called from the bedside phone, I direct dialed from my cell phone and finally, got out of bed to call from the "desk phone". The next morning when the wake-up call came in, the bedside phone would not answer forcing me to get out of bed to answer the desk phone. The next night when I wanted a wake up call, I was told that if I wanted a follow up call, it had to be 21 minutes or more later!! I have never heard of that type of requirement. Finally, on my last night, halfway through my shower, the water went ice cold on me for no reason. This is not the service that I expect from a Westin. Finally, the pool at this hotel, is essentially unusable, its tiny, indoors and during my stay was not used by anyone that I ever saw.
August 18, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Mozambique good location, tired hotel
This is one of the most tired Westins I have stayed at. this is my third stay and in all 3 rooms the mirror bezels are cracked. my shower ceiling appears had a leak and a very poor job was done on the repair. the bedroom window area and furniture was soaking wet from the rain that was occuring. the maintenance elevator ding is too loud. I heard it all night. On the positive, the staff is always delightful.
August 14, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Jnovak304 Below Westin Standards
Not a good experience. Older hotel with inexperienced staff. Forget about white glove treatment. Arrived at 11:05pm and was told kitched closed at 11:00 while they were cooking a meal for the gentleman to my left. Shower poor, actually no water flow on last visit (was told i woudl be contacted and never was). My advice, stay at another hotel in the area and forego the points.
October 25, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by apotheka Be very cautious of this hotel...
Be very cautious of this hotel.
1. Terrible service at check-in.
2. A/C heating does not work in multiple rooms. It apparently has to do with faulty relays. The A/C will sometimes stays on all night, without the ability to turn off. (I was advised to use my comforter, as the solution).
3. They setup my room card to expire three days early; could not enter my room.
4. They didn't refill the coffee in my room on numerous occasion.
5. They charged me $5.00 for bottled water, even though the tag clearly indicated that it was free. The girl at the front desk actually told me that even though the bottled water indicates that it's free, we can't trust the label and that guests should call the front desk to ensure/confirm that it is, in fact, free.
6. Watch your room-service charges. I ordered sparkling water for $6.00 as indicated on the menu. However, the restaurant charged $8.00. (They ultimately refunded the amount after a week).
7. Be careful of the heating units. One time a cable leaked and it produced smoke throughout my room. They had to de-odorize the room a few days later.
8. The room didn't include a bar of soap.
9. TV didn't work throughout the week. Audio but no video. It had to be reset a few times; and it finally worked.
10. The front desk has a tendency to forget calls made to follow-up on the aforementioned issues.
1. Maintenance guys are nice and prompt in stopping by to fix issues with my room. It's unfortunate that I see them all too often.
2. Decent breakfast buffet, although I noticed gnats flying around the food bar one morning.
3. The waiter/waitresses consistently provide good service.
4. The concierge lounge host is friendly
June 4, 2012