Rated 5 out of 5 by Fryguy Finally, the Perfect business Hotel!!!!
I had meetings in Alexandria and this hotel popped up on my search for a place to stay. I cannot say how happy I was with my stay. To start the stay off, I was not excited to be traveling on my Birthday, That said, the front desk went out of their way to wish me a Happy Birthday and even offered dinner in the restaurant that night. I already had plans but it was an extremely nice gesture.
The rooms were very nice as well, newer Westin rooms which I do like. Three very important things stand out to me. First, one of my big pet peeves when staying in a hotel is the lack of outlets and places to charge my devices without have to move furniture and unplug lamps and such. In this room there were 11, that's right 11, places to easily plug in one of the six devices that I travel with to charge, There were 5 on the desk and three each on the two night stands! I LOVE this!!! Second, the Internet speed and connect-ability was excellent at this location. Third, the shower head water pressure was some of the best I have ever had in a hotel. You combine all the above with the excellent service and the convenient location to other great food, businesses and places to be you have a 5-star hotel in my book!!! Can't wait until I get to go back. Highly recommended!!!
May 17, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by WorldTraveler73 Great Hotel, Great Staff
Hotel is refreshing, clean and relatively new. I got upgraded to a junior suite, which was quite spacious. The club lounge was closed, but the front desk gave me vouchers for use at the restaurant or Starbucks. Staff are great - extremely friendly and helpful. I got takeout at the onsite restaurant, which has tasty food. Only slight drawback is the location, which is a bit removed from the central part of Alexandria (King Street), but the hotel does have a shuttle. Also, DC is a short Uber ride away.
April 27, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by MrTD Terrible Staffs
No water bottles in room when check in, they do not bring water bottles to the room after I requested on phone. Pillows are dirty (yellow spot around. No SPG recognition during checking out.
April 26, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Beckle Great location
Stayed here for a conference. Very nice location, close to old town of Alexandria, nice shops and great restaurants. Easier to get a cab or Uber ride back and forth than walk, unless in daytime. Got in late the first night and was placed in a room with a non-functioning safety box, subway train heard at early hours and clogged bathroom sink with hairball. After complaining to front desk, the manager was extremely helpful and changed my room promptly so I was in time for my morning conference. Greatly appreciated and saved the trip.
January 20, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Avidtraveler2016 Lobby looks great..rooms outdated
1) Arrived at the hotel approximately 8pm. was offered a deluxe room but was never told the difference in the rooms. I was disappointed in the room, as it had no deluxe features outside of being on the sixth floor and the view…the view of another building. If you are going to offer upgrades explicitly describe the differences
2) Shower did not work properly. Both the shower and tub ran at the same time. Water pressure was low, assuming this had something to do with the malfunctioning shower
3) I was charged for internet service. I provided my SPG information upon check in and should not have been charged.
4) Did not receive the 5% discount for being a SPG member
5) Room service was prompt and the food delicious however, after completing my meal, I left my tray outside of my room door, which is custom at many hotels. My tray remained outside of my door until I checked out the next afternoon.
6) I requested and a late check out of 1pm was approved by the front desk but this did not stop room service from knocking on my door repeatedly, starting at 10am.
7) I was not provided internet sign on instructions upon arrival
8) The room appeared outdated. There were no USB outlets to charge devices.
9) Limited premium channels as the only movie channel offered was Showtime
January 11, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by HawaiiSamurai Nice Location for Visitors from Southeast
This is a decent property that is located right outside Alexandria, VA. For those visiting DC from the Southeast (e.g., Florida), it is a convenient location because it is right past the infamous Mixing Bowl. This shortens the drive to DC by about an hour - which is nice if you have already been on the road for 15 hours with the family. The lounge is also nice for Platinum guests.
January 1, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by AdamD Workout room is the BEST!
I was assigned a "workout room"
Had a stationary bike
November 22, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by RVAconfattendee Room Cleanliness
The room had dust build up on the floor in corners and the toilet bowl needed to to be cleaned in the front area for bacteria build up.
Water pressure was low sink and shower.
September 20, 2015