Rated 2 out of 5 by BusinessTravel11 Expecting more from this Westin
For the price that I’m paying, this hotel is not exactly what I would have expected. Overall, the stay was comfortable and the staff is friendly. Just disappointed that the Westin does not compare to my prior SPG stays.
- Internet access to phone disconnects often and does not exhibit consistent access throughout the building
- The supposed wired internet access in the room is not actually available. I had to call tech support since the front office did not know anything about it. It turns out that the wired capability does not exist in the rooms and only in the “business center”. Website and staff should be updated to reflect this.
- The layout of the 24-business center is literally right in the front desk/entry way so you can say goodbye to being productive for work purposes. Printer was down when I went
- The fitness rooms are extremely tiny. There’s only about 8 machines in total for the whole building. During peak hours, there’s easily a line of about 3 people in front of you.
- The weight room is closet sized since the weight machine takes up one half of the room and the bench takes up the other half. Comfortable number of people in the room: 2
- Additionally, there’s no privacy for the swimming pool. The fitness room machines face the pool and so basically everyone in the gym will be watching you in your swimsuit.
- The executive club lounge has a very basic buffet breakfast: pantries, bread, fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, and oatmeal. It’s not very good.
- Restaurant is connected to the hotel on the first floor and is tied to the room service which makes meals convenient. I’ve heard things about the restaurant.
- The hotel is next to many restaurants within walking distance
- The room has a bathrobe and functioning hairdryer!
September 22, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Meg2385 Best property in northbrook
I have been traveling to northbrook every week for the better part of a year. This is the nicest property in the area and the staff are great.
August 14, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by hahh Decent hotel in the area
I have stayed in this hotel for several times over the years, and it is really a decent hotel choice in the area. This time my only complaint is that the counter staff did not seem to know that I have 4 pm late check-out benefits. Of course I did not get any room upgrade either.
July 23, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Norm54 Dissapointed with linens
I have stayed at many Westin properties and this Westin is very nice and well kept. However, there were 2 in our room and there was only 1 of the fluffy towels, one robe and the bath mat had seen better days, the ends were all frayed to the point that I would have expected a Westin property to replace the used linens.
Also, why was there no longer a fan in the bathroom, I thought that was a building code if there was not a window in the bathroom.
We were also charged for the water and did not see notification anywhere stating that the water was in the 'honor bar'.
July 5, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jonna Great stay at this Westin
My husband and I were in this area for a funeral. There was a wedding going on at the same time--life cycles! The
staff at this Hotel from Emil making transportation arrangements to our check out with Al and Gorges was most comforting at this time. Our dates were: check in July 1 and check out July 3rd. Lovely decor, wonderful food at Saranello's and a helpful staff member who printed our boarding passes were extra pluses. The complete staff is one of the best we have encountered. Being senior citizens that is an excellent rating for you. Keep up the good work.
July 4, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Turnertool business trip
I have stayed here many times and have always enjoyed my stay. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Hotel has great restaurants and very close to many amenities including restaurants, bars, coffee shops and shopping.
May 5, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Scott1708 Excellent rooms
The room I was given was spacious and quite comfortable. There was plenty of space to work and to relax. The bed was awesome! Very comfortable! I slept better than I had in weeks. I will definitely be staying at this hotel if I am fortunately in the area again!
March 13, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lungdr Loved it!
I loved your hotel. It's beautiful and my room was spotless and comfortable. Also, your staff were excellent.
December 16, 2015