Rated 5 out of 5 by Megtotheweb Great Location & Staff
Great time at Westin Vendome. I am a Platinum member who was staying on points and the staff working the special reception desk the night of September 26, 2013 were fabulous. They made us feel like welcome guests and gave a great Brassiere recommendation around the corner. Had a junior suite that was great - only negative faced interior but it was fashion week and was on points so totally understable. Great experience!
September 30, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by ajmetal very pleasant stay
overall wonderful stay, however, the matters was not comfortable or conducive to a restful sleep.
September 30, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by F2O3X4 This hotel has great Features and respect.
- worm welcome.
- smile faces.
- great services to make your stay more
- located in great and high class location.
- good materials in the rooms.
September 30, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ptuij Terrace Dining
We loved the view from our room 5053.
Felt we were artists living in Paris and certainly would be inspired by this view.
September 28, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by BigJimUSA Location, Location, Location
The title says it all! Close to all the major attractions.
September 28, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by ClarkandAudrey We were very disappointed!
Was so excited to get there from Canada and were using points for out stay. We are Gold SPG members and have stayed at many Westin Hotels in Europe on points in the past. This one was less than average! We were quite disappointed. Would not recommend it to anyone!
September 27, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by rakowski79 Very pleasant long weekend stay in Paris
I recently stayed at Westin Vendome for 4 days with my wife, who was celebrating her birthday. Overall, we had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend the hotel.
Liked: Excellent location (central. close proximity to great shopping, museums, Metro, Left Bank, etc), pleasant check-in and check-out, large standard rooms with tall ceilings for Paris, nice décor, comfortable bed, quiet room, great block out drapes so the room remains dark after sunrise, SPG recognition, good Wifi, complimentary water in the room replaced daily, pleasant staff who all speak English well, helpful concierge who communicates well in person and online before the hotel stay. We received a gift for my wife's birthday, which was a nice touch.
Disliked: Somewhat impersonal (a bit unavoidable at a large hotel), no one really greets guests or knows your name, very poor system for obtaining taxis during the evening "rush hour" dinner period, concierge messed up one lunch reservation (booked the wrong day) but never gave an apology, no room upgrade despite Starwood Gold status, clean rooms but shower area not properly cleaned (hair left in shower), turn down service missed one night and when the hotel was informed they offered to bring us towels but did not apologize, double vanity for sinks and glass door for shower would have been preferred (shower curtains are not very sanitary and give a non-luxury feel)
September 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by USA123 Location, Location, Location!
Fantastic hotel in a great part of town! The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the guys working the concierge desk helped us several times during our stay and offered some very good dining and travel suggestions. Yes it is pricey and yes the rooms are a little small (we were in room 5043 which had a great king sized bed in it) but you are in Paris, so what do you expect?
Very accessible to the metro and you can walk to virtually everything from the location.
Would love to stay here again!
September 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kurt11 Great location and excellent concierge service
We liked a lot of things about this hotel, including its great location just above the Tuileries Garden, but the best part of our stay was the exceptional service provided by the concierges, especially Pierre-Francois. They were courteous and gracious at every turn and helped with reservations at a number of great restaurants.
September 23, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by MomaB Mother Daughter Days
I would like to give special recognition to Lone at the Starwood desk. She was superb!
September 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by hk39 This hotel makes you feel special
The hotel was busy and they could not upgrade our room initially but they took the earliest opportunity to move us to a junior suite. The staff was exceptionally helpful and welcoming. We took advantage of the Platinum discounts to enjoy fabulous meals in the outdoor Terrasse and the Bar. Our room treats were unexpected but added to the "wow" factor. The spacious room and amenities made this a fabulous vacation. The location of the hotel makes all of Paris accessible.
September 16, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by ChrisG170 Horrible customer service
I have stayed in NUMEROUS Westin Hotels and this one by far has the WORSE staff!
I took almost an hour to check me in.. and its because the receptionist just LEFT! She went to the back and just left!
I was so livid that I asked the night manager to come see me in my room. When I told her what happened, her response "So what do you want me to do?" and rudely! Like she was annoyed at me for complaining during the evening. I couldn't even respond to her.
Didn't get a run down on the hotel/restaurants when checking in, no "thanks for staying with us,how was your stay" etc when checking out.
Just Absolutely appalling experience.
If I could, I would definitely avoid staying in this hotel, which is a shame since its in a fantastic location.
September 16, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by princessbewitched The One!
We couldnt ask for more better than this. Location is perfect. We had a room facing the Eiffel Tower. Room is spacious. Customer Service is excellent. Restaurant, bar and dine in are good too if feeling to stay in. Worth every penny. Thank You, Westin Vendome!
September 15, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tripp3 Outstanding hotel
The location was perfect for easy access to the places in Paris that were top on our list.
The concierge desk was very professional and friendly. Mr. Buisson was especially helpful.
September 13, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Monk Great Visit
as a platinum spg member the service at the Westin -Vendome was great. The front desk, concierge were awesome. The restaurant on site is very good.
September 12, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Marcus1130 Great location and staff
We've stayed at the Westin 4 times now, the most recent to celebrate our marriage. In advance, Maeva at the concierge desk helped us secure reservations at several hard to get into bistros which was wonderful! She was responsive in keeping us informed of confirmations. At check-in at the SPG Platinum desk, Medhi couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Upon learning of our recent marriage he made sure we got a complimentary bottle of wine, which was excellent and explained all the amenities and services, including daily breakfast. The hotel is in an ideal central location near the Louvre and Champs Elysees. The room was spacious and clean and all the staff were friendly. On the down side, the coffee at breakfast was always weak and luke warm at best, which should be better at such a hotel. But it's hard to complain about a free amenity that otherwise cost 39 euros. And the shower curtain had a musty smell. But overall this is a great hotel and one we'll continue coming back to.
September 11, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by JasonH So bad I don't think I can fit it all in this review...
I am not surprised to read the recent negative reviews about this hotel. I am staying at the hotel right now and it is so bad it is almost beyond belief.
I planned this trip to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and booked the room almost a year ago and notified the staff about our special event. We have experienced so many problems, I will only list some of them here:
- When we arrived our room was not ready at check-in time. The lobby was a mess with people and no where to sit or wait. They gave us 2 free drink tickets for the bar, but we could not get in (more on that later). When we did get our room, we were exhausted and looking forward to unpacking and relaxing, and we walked in on another couple in our room! It turns out they had checked 2 couples into the same room.
- Finally got another room, but it was incredibly small, MUCH smaller than the one we were originally assigned. The ceiling was so low that my wife (who is 5'2") kept hitting her head on the ceiling. Unacceptable for this mistake, and then to be downgraded to a smaller room on our special occasion. The robes in this room had stains on them and looked like they had not been washed - we had to ask for them to be replaced.
- Dealing with the spg gold/platinum desk was difficult. At first they did not seem to care, and seemed try to prove my complaints as incorrect and acting like I was complaining to try to get something for free. I realize that the hotel was very full, but there were rooms available, so I very reasonably requested a good solution for all involved. I again said that this was a very special occasion for us and I am trying to make the best of it. I said that I see that there are larger rooms available (including jr. suites, suites, etc.) and that I would be happy to PAY to be put in one of those available rooms. I can not think of a more reasonable solution, as that would make us happy and I would pay for it so the hotel would benefit as well. Unbelievably, they said they would not allow it. I asked why, because the rooms are available on the hotel website. They said that the manager was "blocking all of those rooms right now and there was nothing that could be done about it". I asked if someone was staying in those rooms and they said "no" but that they had a very important conference going on and someone important might show up and want those rooms. I said that they were available right now for anyone to purchase, and they said that is because there is a 2 hour delay between the time they block the rooms and the website inventory gets updated, and that in 2 hours all of the rooms would be unavailable. I suspected they were not telling the truth, and the were not. 2 hours, 8 hours, and more than 24 hours later there were still larger rooms available (and there are still available 2 days later as I write this)
It really adds insult to injury, after the problems we had at the beginning and then the SPG desk not allowing me to spend my own money to buy a room that is publicly available for anyone in the world to rent is insulting and beyond unacceptable.
- They did move us the next day to an acceptable room (where my wife doesn't have to hit her head while walking around the bed), but not one of the ones that I asked to pay for. And of course the problems continue.
This is by no means a complete list of the problems we have had, but here are some:
- This is our third day here and we finally got to try the food at the hotel. We usually eat alot at the hotels were we stay, but here this is almost impossible. Yesterday we went to find some breakfast (or lunch, whatever was being served at the time), and we could find nothing. We asked at the front desk and they said that "usually" they serve breakfast in the courtyard but not today. This is a big theme here, were they say "usually we do this, but not for you or not today". Not offering any other suggestions (also another problem at this hotel), she said that we could try eating at the bar. At about 10am, the only place to eat was the bar, which seemed strange. When we walked to the bar, they turned us away saying "There is no place for you. Sorry" and walking away. Very strange and rude. No mention of "If you would like to wait for a table", or anything. This was also another big problem we have seen repeated many times here.
- Last night we woke up to a very loud noise coming from the bathroom. When we tried to get in to see what it was, we could not open the bathroom door. The entire front of the bathroom counter had fallen off and wedged it self against the door so the door would only open 3 inches. It took us a long time to figure out how to move it. We had to ask several times for someone to come and fix it.
- When the cleaning staff cleaned our room (after they asked twice to come in even though we had the do not disturb sign on), when we returned to the room they did not clean the bathroom and there was hair and dirty towels in the tub.
- One day when we returned to our room from eating to get ready for a tour, there was a sign on the door asking us to please wait because they were in our room servicing it. We waited and waited in the hallway, and finally we could wait no more without missing our tour, so we went in and the room was empty. They were not in there but left the sign on the door.
- We spent half of the first 3 days of our trip waiting for something to be fixed or corrected, instead of enjoying our time in Paris. When the moved us to our third room, I was assured many times that they would move everything including the items in our closet. Of course when we returned the items in our closet were missing, and we had to wait for them to be found.
- They sent up a bottle of wine as a sorry gift, but it was corked and they gave us no opener. I am not sure if it was because they didn't want us to drink it, or if it was another lack of attention to detail that that seems to happen all of the time here.
I have gone on long enough, and will close with this thought:
This is one of the worst, if not the worst, hotel we have ever stayed in. The things that are done here are for the convenience of the staff, and the guests are treated as in intrusion. After our first day at the hotel I was thinking that I made a huge mistake coming to Paris because of how we were being treated. Fortunately, Paris is a wonderful city and we have been treated very well everywhere we have gone EXCEPT for at our own hotel. This hotel reflects very poorly on Paris, Westin, and SPG. We are still here for a few more days, so who knows what exciting disappointments are still to come.
This morning my wife and I were in the lobby and we had to laugh when we overheard two gentleman talking, and one said to the other "I always stay at the Westin every time I come to Paris... But I don't know why because they are always bad". I think that sums it up perfectly.
PS - even though i cannot bring myself to give the hotel more than 1 star, I have to recognize that it is a big staff, and it would be unfair not to recognize 2 good people among the problems we have experienced. Amandine at the front desk for seeming to genuinely care about our problems on the first day (sadly I think that maybe she was not senior enough to take care of them on her own or maybe I would have been a better outcome), and Denis on the in-room dining staff for doing a very professional job, and for helping us open that bottle of wine.
September 11, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by bduncan388 Excellent
This hotel exceeded my VERY high expectations!!!!!!!!
September 9, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by wsquared Service Should Have Been Better
I was very surprised by the service level. I ordered dinner from room service late in the evening. After the food arrived, I discovered the utensils were missing. Room Service was difficult to get in touch with and I was placed on music hold for long periods of time (reception did not pick up either). When I finally received the utensils, the food was NOT hot and NOT good.
Also, there was a long line when I checked out and I was under time pressure to get to the train station. There was not an adequate number of personnel at the reception desk and no personnel specifically dedicated to Gold and Platinum Members. Surprisingly, there were two Westin employees seated at the SPG desk that did nothing to assist....left a very bad impression with the Starwood members in line.
On the positive side, the Concierge Desk was very helpful with dining suggestions and reservations.
September 9, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by martin2m9 perfect function facilities, poor room
Room was small, noisy air condition and a tiny bathroom were I hardly could stand taking my shower (height < 2 m). Avoid staying in the 5.th floor!
Function rooms, food quality in line with price appreciation. Hotel hall could be a bit larger, we had some trouble to find a place for a meeting of 3 people.
I asked for a wake up call on 6.9. which was noted but not executed. Poor for a ***** place
September 9, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by WB68 Great location and nice hotel
Goood facilities but very mixed rooms. This time i stayed in a shoebox, which i found very expensive for size and quality of room.
September 8, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by violet23 Terrible experience ever.
The start was great.
I asked a booking for a restaurant I wanted to go to the hotel concierge by e-mail a month before my trip, and he made a reply very soon. I really appreciated him because his service was very touching.
And when I arrived at the hotel, all people including the staffs at the reception were very professional. I met the concierge, and I asked him to confirm my restaurant reservation.
However, when I went to the restaurant, the manager said to me that 'the concierge cancelled your dinner this morning'. I waited for 30 minutes at the bar for my dinner and finally I got a table at 10 pm!!
That was not the end.
I have booked a shuttle for going back to airport, and the concierge leave me a message that the meeting time for the shuttle was change from 9:30 to 9:15. I was waiting in the morning, but the shuttle didn't come, and when I called them they say, 'The meeting time was change from 9:30 to 9:45, I said to your concierge'
The staff at the concierge just said, the guy received the call was off.
It was as if the concierge have been making a trouble for me on purpose.
What the terrible service!
The concierge absolutely needs immediate improvement!!
September 8, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Cstmbuilder Rude management Staff at front desk
While doing business with the front desk I was interrupted by her boss, who moved her out of the way to use the computer she was using to help me. When I complained to her boss I was given a very flippant "sorry" but she continued to use the computer. When I again said she was being rude and not sorry because she was still interrupting my business, she moved to an adjacent non maned computer! Very Poor Management skills! I was asked for my SPG level because it didn't show in computer! Bell hop showed up at our room, delivered our bags, failed to show us how to operate heating/air conditioning , T V no adapter plugs or pen / pencil in room! Upper Management Needs to retrain front desk staff, this front desk staff sends out a VERY POOR message. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT GUESTS,
September 5, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by susiemac Great Location
This hotel is in a very good location and within easy walking distance to the Louve. The room was comfortable although small.
The bathroom was spacious with the shower over the bath. The hotel staff are ready to please all guests As the hotel is 5 star dining is very expensive.
September 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by MsAnnMarie A beautiful hotel in a great location!
The staff were most accommodating and kind. It was our 35th wedding anniversary and we were congratulated with a lovely bottle of wine and Evian. Little touches mean so much.
September 2, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Fred907 Sloppy service
I have never written a review before, but my experience at the hotel was so exceptionally terrible that I am finally doing so. It wasn't one or two issues, but rather a pattern of sloppiness that likely reflects insufficient staffing or poor training (likely a combination of the two). Here were the issues:
1) The minibar had not been cleaned-previous guest left hummus and an identified bag of food in there--unsure how long it was in there, but smell was pretty bad. Minibar team should be doing a sweep every time.
2) Housekeeping must have rushed thru cleanup--a hair clip with hair in it was left on the floor in the room.
3)Concierge printed out a map to a restaurant after making a reservation for me--he didn't bother checking the address on the map--which listed the right street and number, but not the right city. What was supposed to be a 10 euro/10 minute journey turned into a 50 euro 1.5 hour debacle which resulted in me missing my reservation and wasting an afternoon.
4) Service express was anything but express. They didn't always pick up, rushed me off the phone, and generally lacked a service orientation. Getting an extra trashbag required 3 calls over an afternoon.
I get that the hotel was busy, but it's the managers responsiblility to ensure the hotel was sufficiently staffed. All the mistakes above are indicative of various employees rushing thru their jobs.
A few other points:
1) Great location (but there are many other hotels in the same area)
2) comfy bed
3) doors are too small/too thin. You can hear everything happening in the hallway (and I was in back of a large deluxe room). Door is too small for its frame as it lets the light from the hallway in.
September 1, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by FourBells Underwelmed ...
Had high expectations, but in practice were let down by - failure of hotel booked vehicle to turn up at CDG on our arrival (they said booking mixed up in system); noise from adjoining room enough to wake us up each evening; failure of breakfast waiting staff to correctly deliver meal - my wife's arrived but mine did not - after 2 requests and 45 minutes we left and I ate elsewhere. Pity .... great premises in great location in great city.
September 1, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Spooky Room
Room was much too small for two people. Room was in a noisy location.
Nice furnishings and appointments.
September 1, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ramin17 Excellent Stay at Paris
The hotel was comfortable and provided all the amenities that we required, family of 3. The staff are very friendly and helpful. One issue: the concierge information is not uptodate. They recommended a restaurant that was closed, then they gave us a bus/boat schedule that was one year old. And their directions are not easy to follow. But overall the hotel is great, just don't rely on the concierge service.
August 31, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lacelady Great location
The hotel is near museums and stores alike-- the restaurant in the courtyard is a delight!
August 31, 2013