Rated 4 out of 5 by DLangley conference
I stayed at the Westin San Deigo for a week long conference. I was impressed by the service of the staff who were responsive and friendly. The room was clean and the décor was good. One thing I found to be less desirable is the small work out facility and pool/hot tub area. I enjoy working out and one day the only bike that was in the gym was occupied so it was a bit of a downer. In addition, there were 2 young children running around in the gym without supervision and it was not safe for them to be there, especially with them using the equipment. Other than that it was a good stay.
July 21, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Rich12 Avoid
I departed in the morning to make an appointment without being able to take a shower, because it did not work (except for a dribble). Since wall plate was loose, appeared to be in mid-repair. Room should have not been used. Called later to inform the front desk. Spoke with Amanda Rios, the morning day manager. She said that she would personally examine the room. Never heard from her again. No compensation. No embarrassment.
July 22, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by MaoMen Parking - Internet
Parking fees too high.
The Wi Fi price is high.
July 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mokb75 Room by the Bay
For my husband's day of birth, I took him to San Diego and we stayed at the Westin for part of the trip. Let me tell you, it was the icing on the cake. We loved our room and the great view of the Bay. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We are not hotel snobs but after this five-star like treatment, we can't help but to become snobbish about where we stay from now on. So BIG SHOUT OUTS to Molly, Kevin, Donald, Sean "the bartender", and Rebecca.
So, here are some tips:
1. The hotel is located on Columbia Street which is a one way. As you approach the hotel go up State Street, take the first left and then make another left to Columbia. It will take you to the entrance of the building where valet will take care of you.
2. Parking is $40 a day and it's in and out. Call valet before you head down when you want to leave. It's just faster. Parking charges begin at 2 PM each day so move your car before the clock strikes two if you don't wish to park there. We valet parked the first day while we get our bearings of the place and then parked at the Public Parking lot across the street for $20. It's not in and out but it's overnight.
3. The Westin is a Starwood affiliated hotel. It makes some difference if you are an SPG member. We stayed on the 19th floor which is also the SPG members floor. There's a reception for members in the hotel lobby everyday from 4:45-6:00 PM bring your hotel packet with you to check in. The serving is not spectacular but you just feel "oh, so special." And if you skip maid service which is called "the green choice" you get 1000 membership points. Checkout the SPG channel #2 for more info on membership.
4. DO NOT ORDER ROOM SERVICE unless you are desperate. It's expensive as heck. We paid $79 for two dinner plates that came to $48 due to a bunch of fees. We were starving and too lazy to leave the room. But the food was good!
5. PET PARENTS-this is a great place to bring your four-legged babies and they don't charge you for them to stay. They even give you bowls for them during your stay. There's a fantastic dog park right across the street. When you exit the hotel on Bdwy, take a right on State Street and cut through the condos. It was the nicest dog-friendly park we've ever been to. Our babies enjoyed making new friends there.
6. The following places are within 10-15 minute drive if not less: Coronado Beach (go for the golden sand), La Jolla, and San Diego Zoo. Within walking distance are Little Italy and Gaslamp Quarter.
7. Because it's Downtown, you get some real interesting characters but they are by no means invasive. They just do their own thing.
July 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Numberoneson Family reunion
July 4th weekend in San Diego 2014 for Family Reunion. Couldn't have been better! Perfect location, staff was terrific and the hotel was beautiful. Couldn't have asked for more.
July 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lloyd007 A Great Place to Stay
This hotel was fantastic. Went beyond my expectations and the staff were always helpful and very friendly. The bed was the best hotel bed I have ever slept on. This hotel was also within easy walking distance of the convention center and the Gaslamp District.
July 18, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by TC1953 Noise
The room was to noisy. I am not sure if it was street or construction noise but It made for a very poor couple of nights rest.
Bed was very comfortable, room was clean.
Parking was expensive.
July 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Numberoneson Overall
Loved the location--within walking distance to so many things and short drive to others! Only issue we had was our fan rattled so it made it a bit difficult to sleep in. Bed was super comfy. Customer service was great!
July 7, 2014