Rated 3 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Service is just so so
one of the bad experience I never had in other SPG hotels, i stayed in Westin Chaoyang for three nights, the hotel never change for the new slipper and bath robe. No welcome fruit either.
January 12, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by lcpteck Hope to stay here again.
As I only checked in past midnight, the frontdesk associate checked me in promptly so I could get some early rest.
The Renewal Suite I was upgraded to even came with a Massage chair! The shower area in the bathroom was definitely the longest I've ever seen. :) I missed out on breakfast unfortunately as I overslept in the luxurious bedding..
A peek into the executive lounge shows it is well kept and maintained. Indoor pool in this property was definitely welcoming and I wished I knew how to swim... Next time I guess...
December 26, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dhoopstick This is a fantastic hotel
Everything in this hotel was excellent: the staff, the food, the room, the bed, the gym. I am extremely impressed. Thank you so much - I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.
December 18, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by kyzrsze What a gem!!!!
This hotel has it all as far as I am concerned. Structurally beautiful and located in a great spot. Close to the airport and right outside the entrance is the Liangmaqiao #10 subway. Also a short walk to the trendy San Li Tun area and even closer to the diplomat compound area, which is right across the street. There is a building that has excellent shopping and restaurants of various cuisines. However, what I liked the most was the staff and how friendly and accomadating they were. From the valet, to the lobby to the spa to housekeeping and up to the exec club on the 34th floor. This hotel is a real gem and I had a great stay.
November 12, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by MEM1952 This hotel is elegantly comfortable
The rooms are beautiful and spacious, and full of creature comforts.
November 5, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by CalKing The Westin Beijing Chaoyang is the best hotel in Beijing!
Wonderfully furnished rooms, beautiful and functional bathrooms, comfy beds, a gorgeous spa and pool, excellent gym, amazing food (The Taste restaurant has an open buffet that serves all types of cuisine and wonderful desserts; and an amazing brunch on the weekend!), excellent service, beautifully maintained, this is truly one of my favorite hotels. One star docked from Room Comfort due to the fact that I could not control the temperature in my room using the in-room controls, and it got a little warm (stayed around 22 - 24C, my colleagues called front desk to change it but were told they could/would not change it).
November 3, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by mayroark house keeping & IT
your IT manager Arthur was very helpful. house keeping supervisor Lynn and associates May are very kind
October 27, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by Niclow Nice room but some serious service issues
Happy with the room but other aspects of the hotel let me down. Here's a summary:
1) Room: Large king-size bed with ample space for a work table and small couch. Floor to ceiling windows makes for good views of the city during night and day. Large, swivel flat screen TV for easing viewing of TV from anywhere in the room. Provision of a foot massage machine was a nice touch.
2) Washroom: Large washroom with separate toilet, bath tub and shower.
3) Amenities: Usual provision of amenities as expected (e.g. shampoo, toothbrush, shaver, mineral water, etc.).
4) Housekeeping: The standard of housekeeping was very consistent everyday. Everything was replenished without needing to chase up on anything.
5) Location: If you're familiar with Beijing and like taking walks, then the location of this hotel is incredibly convenient. It's only a 20 minute walk to Sanlitun. Alternatively, there is a subway station right next to the hotel (Liangmaqiao Station) which allows for easy access to the rest of the city.
6) There is a City Mall right next to the hotel if you're interested in shopping for luxury goods. There is also a large selection of restaurants and cafes to choose from.
1) Bell boys: On arrival at the hotel, there were a couple of bell boys standing at the ready at the front of the hotel, but for some reason, I had to open the boot and start unloading the bags myself before the bell boys decided to come over and give me a hand. This was quite a disappointing start to our stay.
2) Check In: All aspects went very smooth but there was no communication to me about where breakfast was going to be and how to access the wifi. Would have expected this to be the norm when checking in.
3) Toilet: The toilet in our room smelt of cigarette smoke. This was very disappointing... the hotel probably can't do much about the guests smoking in the room but I would have expected housekeeping to clear the smell completely before turning the room back to reception for check in. Some hotels in London charge an extra night stay if the guests smoke in the room, perhaps Westin could implement this in Beijing?
4) Bath Tub: I'm not sure if this problem was the same in every room, but the hot water flow was really weak in our room which meant that it took about 20 minutes to fill up the bath tub every time I wanted to soak.
5) Room Service: On one occasion, we ordered room service but I thought the quality was incredibly poor. I ordered fish and chips but the batter on the fish was soggy and the fish wasn't cod. Salad on the other hand was palatable.
6) Breakfast: The spread of the breakfast buffet was quite large, with Western and Eastern choices. Even though the staff was very busy every morning, I was quite impressed with their service, I felt they were trying as hard as they could to accommodate the daily, morning frenzy. I just wish they could improve on the taste of their breakfast, I tried something different every morning but always felt the food was mass produced and lacking in flavour.
7) Swimming Pool: I wish the hotel would have told us in advance that we needed swimming caps and goggles to use the pool, then we would have prepared in advance. Perhaps due to the language barrier, we weren't advised where we could go to buy said items either.
8) Check Out: When the receptionist asked for my credit card on check out and swiped my card, she didn't ask me if I would prefer to pay in GBP or RMB and just made the choice herself. I wasn't aware of this until I signed the credit card receipt and noticed that GBP had already been chosen. Considering it's my credit card, I think it's only right that she should have asked me which currency denomination I would prefer to pay in rather than making the choice herself.
Westin is an internationally recognised brand and I really expected more in terms of service. The room was very comfortable but if I take my experience as a whole, I don't think I would be coming back to stay at the Westin in the future, there are many better choices in Beijing to choose from.
October 12, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Junchao Great experience in Grange Grill and Executive Lounge
I got great experience in Grange Grill and Executive Lounge during my stay.
The food and wine in the Grange Grill was great. We enjoyed our dinner very much. Amanda and Daisy provided great recommendation and were extremely friendly to provide the servide we required.
In the executive lounge, I always got the support I needed from Sally and Laura. Both of them, as well as their team, went extra miles to help me on various requests every day.
July 23, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Slam78 Hotel of choice in Beijing
Service, staffs and food are good. Location is just right: avoiding hte downtown jams but very close to city center (10min - East side)
July 5, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by ECEJon Well established and nicely run!
Stayed here for 1 night over the weekend, and had a large corner room to myself as suites were taken by the American officals. Had to go through security, but it was fine.
Niki and her team at the executive lounge is brilliant, especially herself and we had a nice chat and she asked me to be in touch with her for my future stays, thank you!
I used the Gym, very well equipped.
The Sunday Brunch is superb, we didn't know that the Japanese and Steak restaurants are part of the brunch and did wonder where the choices like fresh Oysters, Lobsters were etc... It was later verified with the manager and Mike also kindly waived the service charge for my party, which was a very nice gesture from him.
Very good stay after all!
May 18, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Khophe Great hotel in Beijing
One of the best hotels I ever visited. Amazing rooms, fantastic staff, excellent breakfast, big gym, fast Internet (as much as it can be behind Great Firewall of China). This is definitely my new go-to location in Beijing.
Check-in/out & concierge:
Fast and efficient check-in. Platinum status acknowledged and I was given a great upgrade and access to the Executive Lounge.
Large, well equipped and maintained room, with great view, featuring large king-bed and an absolutely amazing bathroom. Everything looked brand new and sleep quality was top notch.
Huge selection of Asian and European food. Staff is super-efficient, cook to order as well. Food is fresh, well stocked and rapidly replaced. It is easy one of the best breakfast experiences in the SPG world.
Very professional and courteous staff. Good English skills, eager to help. All in all, great experience.
Amazing gym, great set of equipment, fresh. Don’t miss it.
March 6, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by sadcat improvement in communications
some areas i think the hotel can improve in:
1. offering some chairs at the lobby, a feature available in most hotels, especially when i need to wait for a friend who is late
2. the hotel offered exercise attire rental which i called to book - only to be told 30 min later that the attire wasnt available. It would be better if they have told me 5min later that they are trying to locate the attire, to manage my expectations.
3. I would say the gym facilities in this hotel seems great. But i couldnt enjoy it due to #2.
January 20, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by weifengsky Very enjoy the happy hour service.
I enjoyed the happy hour service in Westin. I want to thank Sally and Cc, very nice girl and very customer oriented service, they can remember my name and they can remember what i like to eat, they can help me to solve problems,they are my good friends. I have strong homely feeling.Thanks a lot.
November 21, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Behc Did not live up to westin name
Upon arrive in the hotel did not even have anyone at the door attending on the cab or luggage. Reach the check in counter did not samply have any label saying the counter. When over to the first counter ask me to go to the 2nd counter upon arrive at the second request me to go to third counter. Question the stuff how many counter i need to go to before can check in stuff very unplease in helpping me check in. Did not even have a free internet service when alot of major brand having free internet in Beijing. When check out, there is no stuff at counter until i look for a bell boy go to office to look for the stuff... JUST BAD SERVICE
October 7, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by GuestK General manager Mr. D. N.
I stayed at this hotel because it's close to the airport. During my last stay, I have experienced something I have NEVER thought I would experience in any SPG hotels. I left my room for breakfast downstairs while "DO NOT DISTURB" sign was on. Then I noticed someone came into my room touched my belongings and left big plastic bags. I immediately called for security and demanded to check the video footage. All the explanation I got from the staff and the general manager Mr. D. N. was that they assumed I requested the plastic bag, which I did NOT, but they barged into the room anyways, even while the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign was on.
September 30, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Noels Needs improvement in Customer service
Facilities were lovely but breakfast over 5 days always cold!! Eg bacon , eggs not covered and cold. One chef cooking omelettes for 6 people waiting. Stayed 3 days prior with Viking. Manager at reception didn't apologise when our room keys for 3 couples failed to work after Viking tour needed and we stayed extra days. A lot of confusion re additional nights and had to attend reception 3 times to get it sorted. The outside paths from hotel to metro is a dangerous disgrace and needs rectify straight away!
September 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Libras Best hotel at east of BJ
Best location, easy to arrive central, airport
Best service, care about SPG member very much
Best memory, best sleep and best enjoying at executive club lounge
September 12, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by navykid Compotoble
When i came to to Beijing on business trip I always choice this hotel. It seems to be like a home.
August 30, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by RovingRover It took forever for the main phone line to be answered!
I stayed at this hotel and the main line ("0") took at least 15-20 rings before someone would pick up -- each of the four times I called during my two day stay!! The front desk needs some extra help here!
August 29, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by KingWong Staff services are great
Very friendly staff and easy to talk to. Always eager to help guests.
August 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Simple1234 honest1234
Simply Westin standard and never experienced any issues here. Keep it up.
August 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by jer77019 great location in beijing
I like this location very much - right near all of the embassies, which has many restaurants and things to do, as well as being very pleasant to walk around...
August 14, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by HDH2012 New Ground Parking is Problematic
I stay at this hotel very frequently and have been pretty happy with it in the past. Recently, it puts in a new ground parking and has made it very incovinient to get in and out. Have discussed with the Hotel GM but have not received satisfactory solution yet.
August 2, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Herti allways enjoyable
like allways, you step-in and you feel good. The lobby is so huge and has an international atmosphere
July 28, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by dissappointed1steve Mr
Degradation in quality over past few months
July 22, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sigi69 Inner-city oasis
If you don't need to leave your hotel on hot, humid and hazy summer weekends, Westin Chaoyang is the perfect location. The large swimming pool, the well-equipped fitness center, and last but not least the spacious and welcoming lounge in the 34th floor offer a stay with many choices. Rooms, especially suites, leave nothing to be desired. Thoughtful service staff is omnipresent without being pushy.
July 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by StanleySiu Good location
SPG Recognition is definitely not enough, Did not prepare the Suite Room for me as a Platinum member, have to remind the reception staff to get it done.
Reception staff is quite COOL, no smiling at all
SPG hotel for me is more like a home, but Sheraton Chaoyang make me quite disappointed
July 16, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by jrhjwh111 noticeable decline of quality
I stayed one night at Westin Chaoyang this week before flying home for its closer location to airport. I felt that the over-all quality I used to enjoy wasn't there anymore.
The lobby was over crowded, front desk un-intentive. The room was visibly worn out. Rust spots were seen on metal surfaces.
I highly doubt I will return to this place.
July 5, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by oriss Needs improvement
Overall the room was sizeable and comfortable but the pillows were too soft and I got a bit of backache sleeping on the bed. The bedsheets and the covers were so firmly tucked in that it was very difficult to full them and cover myself. The air-conditioning is difficult to control – it is unresponsive and difficult to operate. I was very upset that I was told that satay that accompanied my nasi goreng dish was chicken but instead they sent me beef. Beef is forbidden in religion. I asked them several times and they confirmed it was chicken. This may sound trivial but big problems do arise from trivial matters sometimes. The bathroom is nice and I like the fact the toilet and the bath areas are separate. They have a good selection of movie and news channels.
July 5, 2014