Rated 5 out of 5 by Steve83 Great Hotel
A Westin with free parking and a club lounge, nice! Hotel is very clean and modern. Restaurant food was excellent and staff very professional. Room was quiet and comfortable. Will come back.
January 26, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by AdamF Great hotel for Elite Members
I stayed here with my family on the way home from visiting family as a good stopover point. I generally like the Westin brand and prefer it during my business travel.
The hotel lobby was gorgeous, with citrus water available for guests. Upon check-in, my SPG status was recognized and I was provided a room upgrade. The room itself was extremely neat and clean, and the temperature controls worked well, which is not always the case in hotels.
i did not take advantage of the hotel restaurant during this stay, but would very likely do so the next time around. I plan to return the next time I head to see family.
January 2, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joan great stay
I stayed one night at the Westin when I was down in Richmond for my son's wrestling tournament at nearby St. Christopher's School. It was a great stay! The front desk staff was lovely, the room service was fast, and the pool was warm. The room was spotless and very comfortable. This is very convenient, also, to U. of Richmond. It would be a great place to stay if you were visiting the university.
December 13, 2011
Rated 2 out of 5 by chisel3232 missing refrigerator
checked into this hotel and we did not take the key for the mini bar. big mistake we get to the room the frig is locked due to the liquor being inside. me being a recovering alcoholic cannot take that. we make other arragements for cooling our complimentary bottled water like retrieving ice that was free. in the room description they due mention refrigator in room but this is not true. as far as the complimentary water you have to read the fine print that tells you that the second bottle is four dollars plus tax. get home to find that they charged me and additional 6 dollars for a energy drink that was locked in the frig that we did not get the key to
August 10, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by ajm33 a winner each and every time
my favorite place to stay whenever i am in the richmond area - staff is extremely professional and very personable - they seem to be more akin to friends than an unknown face in a strange city. fitness facility was first rate and not some forgotten room hidden in some obscure corner with equipment from the dark ages.
February 2, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rusty Excellent!
Wonderful, attentive and genuinely caring folks -thank you! Always a clean room with a great bed -it's really hard to get out of bed. The concierge and hospitality were most enjoyable and appreciated. And, the price is a really great value. Again, thank you.
January 5, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by jechho Good, but...
All in all a nice hotel with good service.
Some issues, however:
- there was a strange, thumping noise coming every tenth second or so from above (we were on the top floor, so not sure what is was). It drove me crazy through out the night. A phone to front desk did not help much: "We well send someone from maintance to check it out". Not sure if they did, noone came to our room and the noise did not go away.
- the hotel is pet friendly, and there were long, white (dog?-) hairs on the carpet in our suite. Maybe we should have asked for a pet-free room at check in? But we thought that was obvious as long as we did not bring a pet ourselves.
- more chairs/tables in the lounge is needed. Had to stand during breakfast.
- Dirty trays from finished roomservice next door were standing in the hall for at least 8 hours.
- the hotel is quite a long drive to the city center of Richmond. Could be a plus, but as the highway is just outside your window, the area is not particularly secluded.
As the hotel is pretty expensive, we were expecting more.
November 13, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by CN45 My Favorite Westin
I have stayed at lots of Westin's. This one is my favorite. The staff went way beyond the call of duty to make my entire family feel welcome.
December 30, 2011